Garmin Approach R10 Portable Golf Launch Monitor

8 minutes ago, RH2020 said:

I always just google garmin r10 Dick’s and go with the link

That's why I asked for a link. When I google or search the dicks site I cannot even find a listing for the R10. Shows all of the gps watches and everything else but no R10 to be found. Can't even see it as out of stock - there is just nothing.

3 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

That's why I asked for a link. When I google or search the dicks site I cannot even find a listing for the R10. Shows all of the gps watches and everything else but no R10 to be found. Can't even see it as out of stock - there is just nothing.

I think that is the difference between Dicks and most other stores.  Other stores are keeping their listing up and taking backorders.  Dicks only lists the item when it is in stock, and then completely removes it once that stock is gone.  I actually saw them in stock this morning when I saw that post - I simply went to their website and typed in "Garmin R10" and it popped up.  Said 9 in stock.  I hem-hawed for 30 minutes and then it was gone, now the item is not there anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjschafe said:

I think that is the difference between Dicks and most other stores.  Other stores are keeping their listing up and taking backorders.  Dicks only lists the item when it is in stock, and then completely removes it once that stock is gone.  I actually saw them in stock this morning when I saw that post - I simply went to their website and typed in "Garmin R10" and it popped up.  Said 9 in stock.  I hem-hawed for 30 minutes and then it was gone, now the item is not there anymore.

Try this: 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/garmin-approach-r10-golf-launch-monitor-21gmnupprchr10lnctch/21gmnupprchr10lnctch

good luck! (I basically refresh it several times a day, and it is intermittently in stock. Took me a while to find one lol)

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, Rambo500 said:

No, I was not able to resolve it. Garmin support requested several videos, layout pictures, stats...etc. I emailed them everything last night and they are going to use it in their investigation.

I chatted with their support today after I tested the new 3.7 release and I had absolutely no changes in my numbers. Their support said the app also had a release come out for iOS w/ the calibration option but I have Android so I'm waiting for the Android update to come out.

I just updated and tested this morning as well. No changes in my number either. I have IOS and I tried to calibrate multiple times while tweaking distances with no luck. IMO it should not be this hard to setup. I used to have an SC200 with the same setup and the numbers were way more accurate…

I have used home tee hero a few times. I noticed that although it will remember the scorecard, it does not show any details about the hole, unlike how it handles scorecards when you use a Garmin watch on a real course and where you can see all your strokes later on. I presume there is no way to see that information currently. Second, people have put up videos of playing home tee hero. Does anyone know how they get those videos? That ability is not built in from what I can tell  so I presume they are using some sort of recording app? Does anyone know how to do this?

22 hours ago, stanjl50 said:

I have used home tee hero a few times. I noticed that although it will remember the scorecard, it does not show any details about the hole, unlike how it handles scorecards when you use a Garmin watch on a real course and where you can see all your strokes later on. I presume there is no way to see that information currently. Second, people have put up videos of playing home tee hero. Does anyone know how they get those videos? That ability is not built in from what I can tell  so I presume they are using some sort of recording app? Does anyone know how to do this?

HTH does not have the nice shot by shot graphics like the Garmin watches can do on course.

You can use a variety of screen recording apps (depending on your OS) to capture HTH. Combine with another device recording you swinging if you want to have a really nice video.

For those interested in integrating GSPro with the R10, there is a group on Discord that pretty much has a programming setup that will accomplish it using Windows based computers.  If you go to Discord and search for the SGT SimulatorGolfTour and the R10 you can find updates on it.

For those unfamiliar with GSPro, it has incredible graphics and is constantly being updated.  It is considerably more reasonably priced and the course list and options are constantly growing.  Check them out if interested by doing an internet search for GSPro.

Additionally, there is someone there that is also talking about having something put together for the R10 and other sims to integrate pretty accurate putting by around the first of the year.  Appears that he has it pretty far along and it should be fairly inexpensive.

Just wanting to enlighten those interested in some great options to the forefront.

Hi everyone,

Been enjoying the R10 but still after the update to 3.7 the spin numbers on wedges aren't even close. A lot of the time I only get 1000rpm spin on wedge shots.

Little off topic:

I'm playing with the idea to start a indoor golf center in the Netherlands. What simulator hardware and software would you use? Later today I have a call with Foresight about the GCQuad or GCHawk.

But...the price is a bit steep. I think that I need 2 bays in the beginning, and after the business matures, expand to 4.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MvdBrink said:

Hi everyone,

Been enjoying the R10 but still after the update to 3.7 the spin numbers on wedges aren't even close. A lot of the time I only get 1000rpm spin on wedge shots.

Little off topic:

I'm playing with the idea to start a indoor golf center in the Netherlands. What simulator hardware and software would you use? Later today I have a call with Foresight about the GCQuad or GCHawk.

But...the price is a bit steep. I think that I need 2 bays in the beginning, and after the business matures, expand to 4.

Check out the new GC3 from foresight, about 1/3-1/2 the price as gc4 but as accurate, one of the best indoor options

6 hours ago, jagmanjoe said:

For those interested in integrating GSPro with the R10, there is a group on Discord that pretty much has a programming setup that will accomplish it using Windows based computers.  If you go to Discord and search for the SGT SimulatorGolfTour and the R10 you can find updates on it.

Can you provide a link?

1 hour ago, stanjl50 said:

Can you provide a link?

Yeah I am interested as well. I joined the discord group and had a look in the r10 channel but it looks like they are still trying to get it to work consistently? Right now from my brief look it seems to be a couple of guys toying around with it trying to make it integrate

Gspro would be amazing as I am not on iOS so e6 is a no go

I am an Android person (Samsung Galaxy S10 phone) but have an Apple ipad mini. Already have a Garmin account opened on my Android phone to use with my Garmin TruSwing and my Garmin X40 watch. I have no E6 account at present and I know the E6 free 5 courses with the R10 only works with Apple, while the R10 HTH works with both Android and Apple. 

Can I use my original Garmin account to use the E6 connect with the R10 on my Apple ipad mini? I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone connected the R10 first with their android and it would not let them connect to the E6 on their apple ipad!! (licence to one product?)

Should I open a new Garmin account solely for r10 use and first connect the new Garmin account on my ipad? Any guidence appreciated

1 hour ago, Davedd said:

I am an Android person (Samsung Galaxy S10 phone) but have an Apple ipad mini. Already have a Garmin account opened on my Android phone to use with my Garmin TruSwing and my Garmin X40 watch. I have no E6 account at present and I know the E6 free 5 courses with the R10 only works with Apple, while the R10 HTH works with both Android and Apple. 

Can I use my original Garmin account to use the E6 connect with the R10 on my Apple ipad mini? I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone connected the R10 first with their android and it would not let them connect to the E6 on their apple ipad!! (licence to one product?)

Should I open a new Garmin account solely for r10 use and first connect the new Garmin account on my ipad? Any guidence appreciated

I haven't done it yet as I'm full android but other more experienced guys were saying to open a totally new E6 account with a burner email that you don't use for anything else and link that to your launch monitor. That way if you do decide to sell your r10 you can simply give the person the burner email as well and that way they get the lifetime E6 5 courses, as I think trying to transfer a licence isnt easy/impossible otherwise.

BTW they were talking about it in regards to gc2 but I think the same logic applies.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, RH2020 said:

Try this: 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/garmin-approach-r10-golf-launch-monitor-21gmnupprchr10lnctch/21gmnupprchr10lnctch

good luck! (I basically refresh it several times a day, and it is intermittently in stock. Took me a while to find one lol)

Thanks for this.

I have been checking this several times a day for the last week.

This morning, there were four available and I got one!

Only two left by the time I checked out.

12 hours ago, tezzlacoil said:

I haven't done it yet as I'm full android but other more experienced guys were saying to open a totally new E6 account with a burner email that you don't use for anything else and link that to your launch monitor. That way if you do decide to sell your r10 you can simply give the person the burner email as well and that way they get the lifetime E6 5 courses, as I think trying to transfer a licence isnt easy/impossible otherwise.

BTW they were talking about it in regards to gc2 but I think the same logic applies.

I think this sort of makes sense, but maybe there is a higher level question to be asked.  Does E6 run completely separately from Garmin software?  For example, let's say I have a Garmin account and I buy an R10.  I link my Garmin account with my Android device and use the driving range for a while.  I later buy an iPad and want to use E6.  Does this work?  Do I even need a Garmin account on my iPad or just E6?

9 hours ago, jjschafe said:

let's say I have a Garmin account and I buy an R10.  I link my Garmin account with my Android device and use the driving range for a while.  I later buy an iPad and want to use E6.  Does this work?  Do I even need a Garmin account on my iPad or just E6?

Would love to know the answers to these questions?

1 minute ago, Davedd said:

Would love to know the answers to these questions?

Let me help. I have the Garmin app and my R10 connected to my Galaxy S21 (Android) phone and use Garmin driving range and  Garmin Home Team Hero ( either in trial or subscribed). E6 only works on IOS for the E6 driving ranges and 5 free courses OR on a PC if you buy an E6 subscription. Free E6 stuff provided by Garmin does not work on a PC.  

That out of the way, I use my wife's IPad with E6 loaded and redeemed the code for the free E6 stuff on that device. Since you need an IOS device with the Garmin app loaded to see and get the code ( it doesn't show on any Android device), I put the Garmin app on my wife's IPad temporarily to get my code and then redeemed it on the Ipad E6 app. 

The R10 doesn't need the Garmin app to run E6, E6 connects directly to it once you've set it up.....

[b]Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110[/b]

Titleist TSi2 9 degree GD AD DI 6S
Callaway Mavrik SZ 3 Wood Rogue MSI S
Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW KBS Tour S
Mizuno T7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
Toulon Atlanta StrokeLab 35"

10 hours ago, vsabre said:

Let me help. I have the Garmin app and my R10 connected to my Galaxy S21 (Android) phone and use Garmin driving range and  Garmin Home Team Hero ( either in trial or subscribed). E6 only works on IOS for the E6 driving ranges and 5 free courses OR on a PC if you buy an E6 subscription. Free E6 stuff provided by Garmin does not work on a PC.  

That out of the way, I use my wife's IPad with E6 loaded and redeemed the code for the free E6 stuff on that device. Since you need an IOS device with the Garmin app loaded to see and get the code ( it doesn't show on any Android device), I put the Garmin app on my wife's IPad temporarily to get my code and then redeemed it on the Ipad E6 app. 

The R10 doesn't need the Garmin app to run E6, E6 connects directly to it once you've set it up.....

If you have both your phone and your wife's ipad nearby, does the R10 connect to both, or can it only pair with one device at a time?

18 minutes ago, elsie451 said:

If you have both your phone and your wife's ipad nearby, does the R10 connect to both, or can it only pair with one device at a time?

One device at a time. Since I never open the Garmin app on my phone to play E6 on my wife's IPad, it will connect to her Ipad only to play E6. One other tip on E6 on the Ipad is that E6 will ask you to wake up the R10 to play. It's just one quick push of the button on the R10 and it "wakes up" and you're good to go. Drove me nuts the first time trying to figure that out....

46 minutes ago, vsabre said:

One device at a time. Since I never open the Garmin app on my phone to play E6 on my wife's IPad, it will connect to her Ipad only to play E6. One other tip on E6 on the Ipad is that E6 will ask you to wake up the R10 to play. It's just one quick push of the button on the R10 and it "wakes up" and you're good to go. Drove me nuts the first time trying to figure that out....

Great info!  My takeaway is that there should be no concern using HTH with Garmin account on an android device, and then also using the same Garmin account OR E6 on an iOS device... you just can't have both devices connected to the R10 at once (not sure why that would be needed?)

2 hours ago, jjschafe said:

Great info!  My takeaway is that there should be no concern using HTH with Garmin account on an android device, and then also using the same Garmin account OR E6 on an iOS device... you just can't have both devices connected to the R10 at once (not sure why that would be needed?)

Agreed and that's how I do it. The minor disappointment is that we can't run the Garmin app on an Android tablet at the moment. You can download it from the Playstore for a tablet but it doesn't have the R10 functionality included. 

I'm pleased with the R10 but I also had clear expectations of what I was buying since I have the original Mevo as well. Great on the range or in a net outside with no other potential radar interference around. Indoors is more problematic for ANY radar device but I'm learning more about other potential interference from concrete and other electrical sources and working to minimize that. 

1 hour ago, JimmyC59 said:

I qm waiting for delivery of my R10. I'm an Android guy and am thinking of getting an inexpensive iPad in order to use the E6 function.

Does any one know the minimum system requirement for this?

i.e. iPad generation 4, 5, etc.

Ha, already had a tab open with the link below that I was looking at 10 minutes ago.  It's on E6's site as well but this is easier to find.

FWIW I've been looking at Swappa and Backmarket for the cheapest I can find.

https://shopindoorgolf.com/pages/e6-connect-software-system-requirements

Edit - that link appears to have a typo, saying both iPad 5 and iPad 8.  It should be iPad 5 and iPhone 8.  For ease, this is from E6's website:

iPad Pro 1 or later | iPad 5 or later | iPad Air 3 (or later)
iPad Mini 5 (or later) | iPhone 8 or later

Edited by jjschafe
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vsabre said:

Agreed and that's how I do it. The minor disappointment is that we can't run the Garmin app on an Android tablet at the moment. You can download it from the Playstore for a tablet but it doesn't have the R10 functionality included. 

This is the first I have heard that Android tablets will not run the Garmin Golf App. Is that generally true for all Android tablets? I don't see why that should be the case and I had been thinking about getting an Android tablet.

2 hours ago, stanjl50 said:

This is the first I have heard that Android tablets will not run the Garmin Golf App. Is that generally true for all Android tablets? I don't see why that should be the case and I had been thinking about getting an Android tablet.

The Garmin Golf app will download to an Android tablet, but there's more to that app than just the R10. That other functionality of the app is there, just not the R10. They are working on it however based on moderator responses in the Garmin forums..