your favorite yellow ball to hit?

monks66

Taylormade TP5X (2021 version) is the current gamer. I'm a long time TM golfball fan-boi........

But: i have some Callaway Chrome Soft X-LS Yellow Triple Track on the way.

Really happy with the TM though. So anything 'extra' will just be a big bonus.

Btw: 49 years old. 'Ok' eyesight for my age. Yellow just gives me more focus at address. And is far easier to see everywhere else. Inc the cabbage 🤣

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Srixon Soft feel. the best yellow I've ever seen. wish they used that specific color with their Q-star Tour.    
Have to give a shoutout to the totally underrated Top Flite Hammer Control in yellow.  Sleeper ball of 2020. All of my best rounds last year were with that ball.  All of my sub 80 rounds this year are with that ball except for 2 rounds. 

Edited by HyzerFlipDG
  • Like 2

+1 HyzerFlipDG. The taxi cab yellow can not be beat on the Soft Feel. Not sure why they use a sparkly yellow on the QST. I beg to differ on the Hammer Control. They are better in the warmer weather. But, they just seem to be below average for me on feel. I do use them as a practice ball. 

Edited by Tanner25

My favorite yellow ball to hit is the Chrome Soft Truvis.

Unfortunately(?() the ProV1 performs better for me so I use it (yellow of course). :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Hzrdus Yellow HC 6.0 Stiff

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP

Adams Idea Pro 20* Aldila Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Cally PM Grind 56 KBS Tour 115

LAB Directed Force (Today)

Titleist ProV1x

A Bit of a cheapy now that I have gamed them but the Vice neon yellow is a good one. They perform as well as any other ball I have played at a slightly cheaper price. Covers dont last long though so full warning, They last about two or three rounds or they last just as long as it takes you to lose one. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5*  TP7HD 

Adams 18* 

Mizuno 921 Hotmetal 4-Gw Steelfiber 110S

Mizuno T7 54/58 KBS 

Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

LOVE LOVE LOVE yellow golf balls

1) ProV1

2) Maxfli Tour 2019

3) Snell MTB Black

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

20 hours ago, danglingangler said:

I'm a big fan of the Chrome Soft X LS in yellow with the Triple Track. It is one of the best performing balls I have ever hit.

Same.  I took them out to the course yesterday.  Easy to see because they are essentially neon yellow and even better visually because of the triple track lines.  Hit a lot of 310+yard bombs out there and the ball gets just enough spin for me off the greens as well.  I like the lower flight with the irons well that way I'm not losing too much distance with them.  My second favorite yellow balls would be the MTB-X. 

• Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

I play the Bridgestone Tour B RX ...

Have played Bridgestone Tours for years, don't see any performance difference between the white and yellow. My 47 year old eyes can't see the white balls in the sky anymore, so yellow balls are pretty much a must. Only negative of the Tour B is if it touches something, it's pretty much done. Scuffs really easily.

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19*
5-GW: Titleist 718 AP1, 24*-48*
SW: Ping Glide 2.0 ES, 56*
Putter: Bettinardi iNOVAi 5.0
Ball: Bridgestone B RX
Bag: Ping Mascot

1 hour ago, tatertot said:

I play the Bridgestone Tour B RX ...

Have played Bridgestone Tours for years, don't see any performance difference between the white and yellow. My 47 year old eyes can't see the white balls in the sky anymore, so yellow balls are pretty much a must. Only negative of the Tour B is if it touches something, it's pretty much done. Scuffs really easily.

I play the white ones and honestly, I've had a few balls last close to 2 rounds before they were lost without any scratches. Granted both the courses I played those weekends barely have any cart paths, but still, I know I hit  a branch or 2 and def a handful of bunkers.

5 hours ago, tatertot said:

Only negative of the Tour B is if it touches something, it's pretty much done. Scuffs really easily.

I cannot say I have had this problem with the RX

I played the yellow RX all last year and they would last a few rounds for me also.

My home course is lined with trees and I was pleasantly surprised with the durability

I only switched to the Snell because I was getting the same results at a cheaper price.

And the durability on the Snells are great as well

Driver -COBRA FLY-Z 9.5*

5 Wood - PING G400 17.5*

Hybrid  PING G400 22*

Irons - PING G400 5-UW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore CBX 54* ; Cleveland CBX2 Full Face 58*

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Spitfire-34in

Ball- Snell- Black

Tour B XS is pretty nice in yellow surprisingly.  Played my first round with one yesterday 

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

I’ve been playing TP5s this year after stocking up on some white and some Pix. Love the ball, but after struggling for a few weeks trying to see them in our rough,  I looked for some colored balls. I really like playing pink because no one else does and I love hitting the pink one further than my buddies’ white and yellow….but alas, the only tour level ball I could find was an older Volvik. Then I saw the Srixon BOGO on Amazon so I bought 4 dozen Z Star XV.

So far, I’m very impressed. Long, with plenty of spin around the greens for the few spinny shots I play per round. I had read some reports of cover seam and durability issues, but so far I haven’t seen either. The first ball lasted 34 holes with no visible marks, by far the longest of the year for me, because I could easily see it in the rough.

Maxfli Tour. Good ball, and nice, bright yellow.

Played the QST last year, and also didn't like the "glitter" look.

• Like 2

Sub 70 849 Pro 10.5° (Adjusted to 8.5°) - ProForce V2 Black 6F4 S
Sub 70 949X 4 wood - ProForce V2 Black 7F4 S

Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 2 hybrid - KBS Graphite Tour Prototype 85S
Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S

2015 OnOff Kuro Forged 4-PW - Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S

Nike VR Pro 52°-10° - Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S
Nike VR Pro 56°-14° - Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S
Nike VR Pro 58° DS - Fujikura Pro Iron 95i Tour S
Grips - Number One 50 Pro Series

Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport (1996) - KBS black CT Tour, Iomic Black Army
MaxFli Tour (Yellow)

The Maxfli yellow is pretty perfect.  It’s not quite Prov1 perfect, but close. 

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

Snell MTB Black in yellow. Best performer for me.

WITB will be comprised from below:

Driver: Sim Max, or TM M5, or Ping G410 Plus, or Mizuno JPX 900, all 10.5* 
3 Wood: TM M1 HL or Mizuno GT 180 

5 Wood: TM M1 

7 Wood: Callaway Steelhead XR Heavenwood

Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 850 3H or Mizuno CLK 4H

Irons: Ping i500 5-PW, Mizuno MP-H5 3 iron or Mizuno MP-18 MB 4-PW
Wedges: Gauge Design D Milled 52* & 56*, or TM MG2 52*, Gauge Design TCG Wedge 56*
Putter: SC Select Newport 2.6, or Xenon Kurve Hotrod, or SC Futura 5S, or SC Del Mar, or Odyssey Works V-Line CS
Ball: Snell MTB Black or Srixon Q-Star Tour

On 7/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, Stanks said:

Nike RZN Tour Black in Volt Yellow...They don't make it anymore but, that is the all time color / ball combo for me. 

What I would play now is Snell MTB / X or CSX LS. They're easily the two best yellow balls. ProV1 / X and TP5 / X durability is substandard. 

Bought about 6 dozen Nike RZN Tour Black Volt when the announcement came out of Nike not making them anymore.  Still have @ 1 1/2 dzn volt & 1 dzn white left in my possession.  Love the ball & especially loved the volt color.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MarkJK said:

Bought about 6 dozen Nike RZN Tour Black Volt when the announcement came out of Nike not making them anymore.  Still have @ 1 1/2 dzn volt & 1 dzn white left in my possession.  Love the ball & especially loved the volt color.

The word was that Bridgestone made those balls for Nike. I still haven't had the chance of comparing Bridgestones current yellow BXS / RX/ RXS to a Nike Volt RZN Tour Black but, it's supposed to be apples to apples in comparison. I like those balls. Damn shame I missed the wagon on knowing how good they were at the time. 

11 hours ago, Stanks said:

The word was that Bridgestone made those balls for Nike. I still haven't had the chance of comparing Bridgestones current yellow BXS / RX/ RXS to a Nike Volt RZN Tour Black but, it's supposed to be apples to apples in comparison. I like those balls. Damn shame I missed the wagon on knowing how good they were at the time. 

I heard the same thing but still haven't given the Bridgestone ball a good test run.  I used to be a ProV1x player prior to the Nike RZN Tour Black and I'm still fine playing that ball but it seems like Bridgestone (& Srixon) are the closest color to the Nike Volt yellow.  Guess I would need the Tour BX or BXS in yellow to try it out but I don't see them offered in yellow.