Scotty Cameron 2022

derjgolfer

I suspect Special Select shapes in a black finish instead of a stainless silver one. You are seeing some black tour issued ones being released and I think the retail line will follow suit with a new dark finish. Special Select Dark.

Edited by newportbeach

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

13 minutes ago, newportbeach said:

I suspect Special Select shapes in a black finish instead of a stainless silver one. You are seeing some black tour issued ones being released and I think the retail line will follow suit with a new dark finish. Special Select Dark.

If I remember right the wear of black on the 2012-13 line was an issue for the consumers so they switched to silver. Granted they essentially ran with that model of selects for about 4 years so maybe youre on to something. 

19 minutes ago, Georgie Z said:

Is this confirmed? What style putters are these usually and are they limited releases like the champions choice?

I’ve no inside knowledge. But based on past releases, there is one Holiday release and one My Girl release. 

Yes. Both are limited edition. Availability is very limited. I never had any luck in securing one. My Girl is especially hard to come by. 

• Like 1

I was told they would be the same. So the Holiday this year is a My Girl holiday. The style is usually a reflection of the putter of that year. Yer they are limited like champions choice.

2020 - My girl was a Special Select Squareback (1250 peices World Wide) and Holiday was a Phantom X 11.5 (1500 peices World Wide)

2019 - My girl was a Phantom X 7.5 (1250 peices World Wide) and Holiday was a Phantom X12 (1000 peices World Wide)

2018 - My girl was a Select Fastback (1250 peices World Wide) and Holiday was a Select Squareback (1000 peices World Wide)

No idea what they will do this year? Maybe this is why they will just do one run and join them together as the putter to modify and make "special" will be hard to pick?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My pro told me they're keeping the Special Select line, just adding a few more models, even keeping the same headcover? Sounds similar to what they did with the Phantom line this year.

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

Im super curious what limited releases there will be in 2022, like that champions chioce, triple black, my girl, etc Are limited release putters a normal thing each year? Started collecting this year. I got about a dozen in the arsenal, mostly older ones, sole stamp santa fe, tei3 long neck long neck xperimental prototype, tei3 newport 2, first of 500 coranado, 2 champions choice, triple black, oil can classic, etc. I kinda like the chase on those limited release. 

Edited by Pa_Ping_Chunker

On 11/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, Pa_Ping_Chunker said:

Im super curious what limited releases there will be in 2022, like that champions chioce, triple black, my girl, etc Are limited release putters a normal thing each year? Started collecting this year. I got about a dozen in the arsenal, mostly older ones, sole stamp santa fe, tei3 long neck long neck xperimental prototype, tei3 newport 2, first of 500 coranado, 2 champions choice, triple black, oil can classic, etc. I kinda like the chase on those limited release. 

My Girl and Holiday are annual limited releases for at least 10 years (probably like 15 years by now). This is not new. 

Scotty does Inspired By limited releases in some years. Latest is last year’s Inspired By Justin Thomas. He’s done Inspired By Jordan, Inspired By Rory, and many more. This is also not new. 

It seems there’s a new trend to do limited release on some old classic models, e.g. this year’s Champion’s Choice, 2019’s T22, etc. This is new, and my speculation is Scotty will continue to do this type of limited releases moving forward. (can I get a re-release of Studio Stainless?). 

• 11 months later...

Speaking of the 2020 Special Select Newport line, I was hoping someone could answer my grip question.

Scotty Cameron says the Special Select Newport line comes with the new Pistolini Plus grip, right?

That is the only grip I have seen on any Special Select Newport or Newport 2.

But, yesterday, I was on the putting green @ Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up both a Special Select Newport and a Newport 2 in 35". Both had a different grip on, it was the color gray and not a pistolini Plus.

What it looks like was a pistolini in a light gray color with the dancing Scotty Cameron letters...?

100% not the pistolini Plus.

We know 2 brand new Scotty Cameron putters in plastic at Dick's/ Golf Galaxy are going to be 100% authentic so why is there a different grip on these?

Perhaps it's from 2020 or 2021 and they were using the pistolini with dancing Cameron back then?

I have attached two pictures. One we all know-the pistolini plus that comes stock on all the new Special Select Newport/2.

The other picture is exactly what grip was on the putters at Dick's/ Golf Galaxy. Same exact model putter, a 2020 Special Select Newport 2, different grip.

Is the gray a "pistolini" and when did Scotty Cameron use that on the special select 2020 line?

Screenshot_2022-11-03-02-54-47.png

Screenshot_2022-11-03-13-12-56.png

16 minutes ago, WJack13 said:

Speaking of the 2020 Special Select Newport line, I was hoping someone could answer my grip question.

Scotty Cameron says the Special Select Newport line comes with the new Pistolini Plus grip, right?

That is the only grip I have seen on any Special Select Newport or Newport 2.

But, yesterday, I was on the putting green @ Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up both a Special Select Newport and a Newport 2 in 35". Both had a different grip on, it was the color gray and not a pistolini Plus.

What it looks like was a pistolini in a light gray color with the dancing Scotty Cameron letters...?

100% not the pistolini Plus.

We know 2 brand new Scotty Cameron putters in plastic at Dick's/ Golf Galaxy are going to be 100% authentic so why is there a different grip on these?

Perhaps it's from 2020 or 2021 and they were using the pistolini with dancing Cameron back then?

I have attached two pictures. One we all know-the pistolini plus that comes stock on all the new Special Select Newport/2.

The other picture is exactly what grip was on the putters at Dick's/ Golf Galaxy. Same exact model putter, a 2020 Special Select Newport 2, different grip.

Is the gray a "pistolini" and when did Scotty Cameron use that on the special select 2020 line?

Screenshot_2022-11-03-02-54-47.png

Screenshot_2022-11-03-13-12-56.png

SC started subbing these dancing Cameron grips on some of the Special Select line back in 2021 I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kb7 said:

SC started subbing these dancing Cameron grips on some of the Special Select line back in 2021 I believe. 

Thanks!! Makes sense, as that was my premonition...

I know anything new from Dick's, an authorized Titleist/Cameron/Acushnet Retailer is going to be legit, but I had only seen the pistolini plus grips on the SS Line.

To be honest I prefer the dancing Cameron letters much more.

But I also prefer the pistolini "Plus" size grips.

Were the gray "dancing lettering" grips that I putted with yesterday you confirmed on the earlier Special Select models, pistolini or pistolini Plus?

On 7/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, btyh said:

If he was wise he would make a simpler design. Based off his upcoming limited release its just the same old stuff. Needs to go back to putting titleist in the cavity imo. Cherry bombs are right there with middle-aged men and nike monarchs. It's "timeless" to them. 

Glad I'm not the only one who prefers the Titleist cavity over the cherry bombs. The Titleist logo looks good on anything but especially Scotty's

• Like 1