Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ohiohunter2 said:

How’d the testing go? I’m 125-128 and very interested in your results. I play the 10tx in a hybrid and driving iron. Been very happy with them. Thanks!

I will have an update after I get one more range/round in. It rained the last couple of days so I have not had much time with the setup.  

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

I have been happy with the 10tx in hybrid and driving iron. I have it in a apex pro 18 degree head bent 2 flat. I honestly don’t put the driving iron in the bag much anymore. This club flights down just like a driving iron, but much more playable off the deck and easier for to shape into par 5 if I need to. Pretty anti left as well. 

Okay everyone here is my review of the Ventus Black 6TX. I was not able to get on a LM to get numbers, but I tested it on the range/course three separate days over the span of two weeks. My last swing speed measurent was 123-126mph, but I believe it's higher since getting back into shape after several injuries.

-Range time consisted of a warm up, and 10-15 drives with both shafts and ended with another 10 or so with the Ventus.

-On the course, I only played the Ventus as it was on my final day of testing.

Specs:
TM SIM 9* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 6TX 
Tipped 1"
Length 46" and 45.5"
21g and 15g rear weight during testing 

Compared to my current gamer setup.

Specs:
TM SIM 9* w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70TX
Tipped 1"
Length 44.75"
21g rear weight

Carry Distance:
The Ventus is at least 15yds longer on the fly. I ultimately ended up cutting off around 1/2" to have it play a hair under 45.5". 46" just felt odd and too long. Even cut down it is still longer than the Rogue by 15+ yards. Weight could also play a contributing factor in the gain in carry distance. I felt like I was swinging a little faster. On course testing showed the extra length will take some getting used to for sure.

Feel:
Ventus feels stiffer overall, smooth and not boardy. I feel that it is slightly softer in the handle than the Rogue, but no pronounced kick point. With the Rogue White I could feel the mid kick point in my swing. The Ventus felt a little light, but after swapping out the rear weight and a little more time, the hesitancy I had about going down 10 grams in shaft weight is gone. Throughout testing I never felt like I was over powering the Ventus, even when I really stepped on it. It feels exactly how I was hoping after hearing what people had to say about the 6X/7X. The feeling at impact seems super solid every time.

Trajectory: 
The Ventus might be a touch higher in trajectory, but still flat, boring, and very straight. Absolutely no balooning. The ball looks like it is exploding off the face and flying at higher ball speeds compared to my Rogue White.

Spin:
(TBD - because I have not been able to confirm using a LM.) I would say it's lower spin than the Rogue White for me. During my first range session the Ventus was carrying so far that it was disappearing behind a hill or in the back pond where I don't normally carry the Rogue White. After changing the target line, I was able to see rollout and it was plenty. On course and more range testing showed the same, tons of rollout.

Accuracy:
Fujikura figured out something with this Velocore stuff. My strike pattern and dispersion were much tighter with the Ventus. Very anti-left unless hit poorly. The ball just seems to want to go straight. When I hit a draw or fade the ball didn't move far in either direction. The only way I found I could move the ball hard was by having to get exaggerated with a draw/fade swing.

Initial Conclusion: 
The Ventus and its Velocore is the real deal. The shaft surpassed the Rogue White in every category. I was pleasantly suprised that I could swing a shaft in the 60 gram range so freely without fear of the ball going severely offline. The shaft is super stable, long, straight, and forgiving. I don't have a good fairway count because like I stated earlier, it's going to take a round or two to get used to how long and straight the Ventus is...

I highly recommend the TX flex to those who thought the 6/7X was a little loose. I personally would love to try the Black 7TX, but I think the 6TX is perfect. Next will be a 3/4 wood shaft... I'm thinking Black or Red 8TX or 9TX?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

• 2 weeks later...

I just hit the Black 6TX for the first time on the range tonight. Playing length is 45.5” straight in. I’m around 113-115 mph on trackman for reference. 

I was playing the 6X straight in at 45.5” for the past month and while hitting a lot of bombs, it just had too much draw if I over did it with my right hand. The 6X is more lively and kicks quite a bit more than the 6TX for me. 

The 6TX reduced the sweeping draw of the 6X (and me) and also brought my strike pattern in much tighter as well. 

Overall, I’m liking the 6TX so far and looking forward to on course testing over the next few months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 10:20 PM, CKalma said:

Okay everyone here is my review of the Ventus Black 6TX. I was not able to get on a LM to get numbers, but I tested it on the range/course three separate days over the span of two weeks. My last swing speed measurent was 123-126mph, but I believe it's higher since getting back into shape after several injuries.

-Range time consisted of a warm up, and 10-15 drives with both shafts and ended with another 10 or so with the Ventus.

-On the course, I only played the Ventus as it was on my final day of testing.

Specs:
TM SIM 9* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 6TX 
Tipped 1"
Length 46" and 45.5"
21g and 15g rear weight during testing 

Compared to my current gamer setup.

Specs:
TM SIM 9* w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70TX
Tipped 1"
Length 44.75"
21g rear weight

Carry Distance:
The Ventus is at least 15yds longer on the fly. I ultimately ended up cutting off around 1/2" to have it play a hair under 45.5". 46" just felt odd and too long. Even cut down it is still longer than the Rogue by 15+ yards. Weight could also play a contributing factor in the gain in carry distance. I felt like I was swinging a little faster. On course testing showed the extra length will take some getting used to for sure.

Feel:
Ventus feels stiffer overall, smooth and not boardy. I feel that it is slightly softer in the handle than the Rogue, but no pronounced kick point. With the Rogue White I could feel the mid kick point in my swing. The Ventus felt a little light, but after swapping out the rear weight and a little more time, the hesitancy I had about going down 10 grams in shaft weight is gone. Throughout testing I never felt like I was over powering the Ventus, even when I really stepped on it. It feels exactly how I was hoping after hearing what people had to say about the 6X/7X. The feeling at impact seems super solid every time.

Trajectory: 
The Ventus might be a touch higher in trajectory, but still flat, boring, and very straight. Absolutely no balooning. The ball looks like it is exploding off the face and flying at higher ball speeds compared to my Rogue White.

Spin:
(TBD - because I have not been able to confirm using a LM.) I would say it's lower spin than the Rogue White for me. During my first range session the Ventus was carrying so far that it was disappearing behind a hill or in the back pond where I don't normally carry the Rogue White. After changing the target line, I was able to see rollout and it was plenty. On course and more range testing showed the same, tons of rollout.

Accuracy:
Fujikura figured out something with this Velocore stuff. My strike pattern and dispersion were much tighter with the Ventus. Very anti-left unless hit poorly. The ball just seems to want to go straight. When I hit a draw or fade the ball didn't move far in either direction. The only way I found I could move the ball hard was by having to get exaggerated with a draw/fade swing.

Initial Conclusion: 
The Ventus and its Velocore is the real deal. The shaft surpassed the Rogue White in every category. I was pleasantly suprised that I could swing a shaft in the 60 gram range so freely without fear of the ball going severely offline. The shaft is super stable, long, straight, and forgiving. I don't have a good fairway count because like I stated earlier, it's going to take a round or two to get used to how long and straight the Ventus is...

I highly recommend the TX flex to those who thought the 6/7X was a little loose. I personally would love to try the Black 7TX, but I think the 6TX is perfect. Next will be a 3/4 wood shaft... I'm thinking Black or Red 8TX or 9TX?

Wow, impressive results and we appreciate the kind words! so glad it is working exceptionally for you!

• Like 1

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, endy said:

How was the 7TX in your testing? Didn’t even know they made that one. 

Yes, very curious to see what your thought was on the 7-TX. Currently have the 7X in my driver, 8X in my 3wood and 10TX in my 2 iron. 

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

On 7/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, ChipStrokes said:

finally in hand! off to the range in a little 

8572E817-4A61-4883-8C7E-D543E0F46F12.jpeg

Was there a victor?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

1 hour ago, endy said:

How was the 7TX in your testing? Didn’t even know they made that one. 

52 minutes ago, GMcKelvie said:

Yes, very curious to see what your thought was on the 7-TX. Currently have the 7X in my driver, 8X in my 3wood and 10TX in my 2 iron. 

22 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

Was there a victor?

the 7tx was really stout and i had a great sense of the club head through my swing, but it launched a little higher than my KK XD 70tx, so i stuck with the XD for this season. 

im not giving up on the 7TX just yet. the off-season is the time for shaft testing. 

• Like 3

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, misteraces said:

I just hit the Black 6TX for the first time on the range tonight. Playing length is 45.5” straight in. I’m around 113-115 mph on trackman for reference. 

I was playing the 6X straight in at 45.5” for the past month and while hitting a lot of bombs, it just had too much draw if I over did it with my right hand. The 6X is more lively and kicks quite a bit more than the 6TX for me. 

The 6TX reduced the sweeping draw of the 6X (and me) and also brought my strike pattern in much tighter as well. 

Overall, I’m liking the 6TX so far and looking forward to on course testing over the next few months. 

I had the exact same experience. TX reduced the left curve. 

I am curious why the only Ventus in TX listed on the Fuji website is Black 6TX. When you look at an online retailer like thepeoplesclubs they have TX options for pretty much every weight class and color (including 9TX!). I understand that most of these are limited "tour only" options. Interesting only in the sense that the one TX flex Fuji chose to offer retail is Black 6TX. The only shafts I would be interested in would be Blue and Black 6TX. Have the Black 7X for a 3 wood and would like try the 6TX in my driver. 

Not the right thread I guess, but anyone hit the Blue 6TX yet? 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, GoTime said:

Am going from 6X 1" tip to 6TX straight in. Interested to see how it does.

Am I reading this correctly @Fujikura Golf the TX is softer in the handle? Or do I have it backwards?

Ventus Black 6 X

Ventus Black 6 TX

Lower number = stiffer

6TX is slightly softer in the tip, significantly stiffer in the handle vs 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, ChipStrokes said:

the 7tx was really stout and i had a great sense of the club head through my swing, but it launched a little higher than my KK XD 70tx, so i stuck with the XD for this season. 

im not giving up on the 7TX just yet. the off-season is the time for shaft testing. 

Any additional testing with the 7TX?

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

• 1 month later...

Can anyone compare these to the Tensei pro orange? I play the 60tx and have an itch to try ventus. 

Not sure if I should try the 60tx or a 7x tipped like some have suggested. I get good spin/launch from the PO but struggle to find the center of the face and wouldn't mind a bit more feel. If it helps, my SS is around 118 with an aggressive transition. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by nino44

1 hour ago, nino44 said:

Can anyone compare these to the Tensei pro orange? I play the 60tx and have an itch to try ventus. 

Not sure if I should try the 60tx or a 7x tipped like some have suggested. I get good spin/launch from the PO but struggle to find the center of the face and wouldn't mind a bit more feel. If it helps, my SS is around 118 with an aggressive transition. 

Thanks in advance! 

I would second this. Playing pro Orange 70TX, and really like it. Great flight and spin. Seems very stable even with no tipping. But am always looking to tinker. If anyone has compared the two would love some feedback. 

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

On 2/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, nino44 said:

Thanks in advance! 

On 2/23/2022 at 8:37 PM, rodney24 said:

I would second this. Playing pro Orange 70TX, and really like it. Great flight and spin. Seems very stable even with no tipping. But am always looking to tinker. If anyone has compared the two would love some feedback. 

Ha. I'm going to third (?) this. Play the same CKPro 70TX and the Black has always been stable for me when fitting. Looking to take that left miss out like so many.

•  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1"
  • Ping 425 LST 13* Ping Tour Black 7X
  • Ping 425 2HY 17* Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX, T200U 100X HZ Black, Paradym TD 5 Wood GT 80TX
  • TaylorMade Combo, 1U/1S, PX LS 6.5 
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • Taylormade Spider X Face Balanced, Scotty Phantom X 5s, Odyssey Ten Ball 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:09 PM, 70sinsight said:

Ha. I'm going to third (?) this. Play the same CKPro 70TX and the Black has always been stable for me when fitting. Looking to take that left miss out like so many.

I'll follow up on this for the others interested. I purchased a Ventus black 7x tipped 1 inch (playing 44.5") to compare against my Tensei Pro Orange 60tx (playing 45.5") that Ive gamed for 2 years now. 

I was able to test both today with a GC Quad, albeit using range balls. With my Tensei orange, my average ball speed was 167 while with the ventus it was 171, even with the ventus being 1 inch shorter. Center contact was noticeably better with the ventus, thought I cant be 100% sure if it is due to the Ventus magic or it being shorter, likely both IMO. FWIW both had a max ball speed of 175. 

The ventus 7x feels far more loose than my pro orange, which maybe shouldn't be surprising comparing an x and tx. That being said, the ventus still didnt go left which is a positive, even when I stepped on it. 

I'll do more testing this week on course but im 99% sure ill be gaming the ventus being that the club feels better shorter (to me) and I have higher average ball speed. 

Edited by nino44
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, nino44 said:

I'll follow up on this for the others interested. I purchased a Ventus black 7x tipped 1 inch (playing 44.5") to compare against my Tensei Pro Orange 60tx (playing 45.5") that Ive gamed for 2 years now. 

I was able to test both today with a GC Quad, albeit using range balls. With my Tensei orange, my average ball speed was 167 while with the ventus it was 171, even with the ventus being 1 inch shorter. Center contact was noticeably better with the ventus, thought I cant be 100% sure if it is due to the Ventus magic or it being shorter, likely both IMO. FWIW both had a max ball speed of 175. 

The ventus 7x feels far more loose than my pro orange, which maybe shouldn't be surprising comparing an x and tx. That being said, the ventus still didnt go left which is a positive, even when I stepped on it. 

I'll do more testing this week on course but im 99% sure ill be gaming the ventus being that the club feels better shorter (to me) and I have higher average ball speed. 

What's funny also is I was just able to get a VB 6TX and take it to the local Toptracer range. Both were very anti left unless I put a bad swing on it. The butt of the VB 6TX felt stiffer to me, but it could have been because the PO70TX has a MCC4 on it. I definitely agree that the 6TX with my Mavrik SZ was able to produce more consistent middle of the face contact and faster ball speeds. Not apples to apples as the PO70TX had the 425LST. High ball speed on the SZ/VB6TX was 175 while the 425LST/PO70TX was 171. Both shafts felt very stable and felt like I could really go after it if I needed to and not be in the adjacent fairway. I'd like to try the VB in the 425 to see if I can achieve similar ballspeeds/contact as I did in the SZ.

• Ping 425 2HY 17* Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX, T200U 100X HZ Black, Paradym TD 5 Wood GT 80TX
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW

On 2/23/2022 at 6:02 PM, nino44 said:

Thanks in advance! 

Right there with you ss wise with an aggressive transition as well.  The TPO launches lower and spin is similar compared to the Ventus Black.  60TX untipped or tipped half inch will play perfectly fine for you.  Had the 7X but did get a chance to test the 6TX.  It's a beefy shaft and very stable.  6TX was more stable and anti left for me than the 7X.  As far as feel, it has a little more than rebar, lol. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 3/3/2022 at 7:56 AM, phizzy30 said:

Right there with you ss wise with an aggressive transition as well.  The TPO launches lower and spin is similar compared to the Ventus Black.  60TX untipped or tipped half inch will play perfectly fine for you.  Had the 7X but did get a chance to test the 6TX.  It's a beefy shaft and very stable.  6TX was more stable and anti left for me than the 7X.  As far as feel, it has a little more than rebar, lol. 

I see you have the 1K Orange?! When did it release? How does it compare to the OG Pro Orange

Edited by 70sinsight
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW

7 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

I see you have the 1K Orange?! When did it release? How does it compare to the OG Pro Orange

Came out March 1st.  Just got it today and won't be able to test it until Sunday.  Will report findings. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Figures. Just got fit for the OG PO in February. Looking forward to the report.

• 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, 70sinsight said:

Just received a new TPO 1K 60tx today and butt cut about 1.5” no tipping with a Jumbomax ultralite ST xl grip playing at a tad under 46”. With the best materials (Like mr70 xlinktech etc) Mitsubishi can throw into the tip I just put it to its paces and see if it can hold up at this length. Using a epic max ls head with lead tape towards the front and 2 6.5g sliding weights making the head total about 297.5g. Didn’t swingweight it but just know with a ultralite grip it weighs in heavy guessing d7-8ish but having a bigger grip makes it feel like a d3 personally. If using my previous 66g GP tour wrap midsize with like 4 wraps it comes in about a d3ish. 

been on a shaft journey having previously trying out the original TPO 60tx and more recently VB black 6x tipped 1” and always had my forever gamer the rdx black 60g 6.5 which I hit just fine but knew there’s something  better out there. 

in a nutshell albeit only an initial range testing it is the best out of the bunch. I don’t usually have great range sessions with driver cause I struggle with mats having straights lines and aiming at a target offline to them but I was striping them whether going after them or just smoothing one. Overall has the buttery feel that lacks on the og TPO. VB felt like I had to time it more and had to pause a bit at the top to flush it which when I did it goes and feels just fantastic when done so and my trusty rdx which I just kno how to hit so it’s just the baseline. 

but going to put this beast to the full test tmrw so excited to see how it goes. I know I’m gonna hit some wayward ones but I know I’m gonna hit it hard at least lol 

• Like 1