OK, who’s played the TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver?

winegr

A few more thoughts on this club:

- I played on the course for the first time yesterday. Didn’t hit this club particularly well(pull tendency based on my swing), but I did avoid bad trouble.
- I had a couple very sweet shots including once off the deck. 

- I actually scored better on the holes I hit the mini. Partly luck but partly avoiding bad trouble. 
- I think one problem I had was still trying to hit this with an upward angle of attack which contributed to the pulls. 
- I don’t love the stock shaft. It’s soft. 
- Today, I swapped out the shaft with an old Rogue 110 S, which helped even at longer length. 
- I also teed it lower and hit with a downward angle of attack to stay down and thru and upped the loft to 13.5. Was much straighter this way.

- I’m really enjoying this off the deck. The big head makes you want to pinch it and hit down and thru and I’m super straight with it off the deck. Maybe slight fade from pinching it against the turf. Wonder if anyone has been hitting this off the turf or super low tee off the tee box because it is so accurate this way. 

I’m still really enjoying this club, but need to get it dialed in before the next course outing. Think the main swing thought it make sure the angle of attack is neutral to negative. Wonder if that’s why the guys who usually hit 3 wood really like this off the tee.  The sweet spot is a little lower on the face. 

Anyway, I think it’s a fun club. But my goal will be accuracy vs distance. I’ve hit some long shots with this club and got a few 160 ball speeds, but it’s not near my driver when I want to rip it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toddyc said:

It is interesting that you mention Scott because he’s talked how he’s going to use a mini driver. I think because he feels he can play a different shot shape with it that the driver.  

Yeah, I’m hoping I can hit a consistent draw with it and then play a fade with my driver.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Thought I’d update again. I’ve played twice since I last gave my take on the mini. Last week I shot a personal best 37  on the front 9 of my “home” course. Again, good shots with the mini are at worst 10 yards behind my best shot with a regular driver. 

Today I played 18 on a different course that I play on occasion. It took me 6 holes to find a swing with any club. Once I did it was what’s become business as usual for this club. And again, for me, the bad shots with the mini are staying out of trouble more than my miss hits with a regular driver we’re. The last time I played today’s course was with a 460cc 45.5” driver. On 2 holes I was further with the mini, and I was in pretty much the same spots otherwise (after the first 6 holes).

• Like 2

Cobra LTDX 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Rogue ST LS 3HL Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75S

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818 H1 23* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9S

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Callaway JAWS MD5 48.10 - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 115

Callaway JAWS Raw 52.10S & 56.12W - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner 115

Callaway Full Toe 60.10 - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner 115

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

3 hours ago, uglande said:

Left driver in the bag today and hit just about every fairway with my Mini 300 and my STZ 5 wood. I missed one fairway with a 4 iron (d'oh!) and the only misses with the Mini and 5w were in the first cut. Nearly drove a par 5 in two with Mini off the tee and Mini off the deck. Shot 78 but only because of a garbage short-game day.

It was essentially a perfect day of ball striking off the tee. The mini is just a magic club. Everyone in my group was amazed by its consistency and the fact that I was matching their driver distances without even swinging more than 80 percent.

I'm having a hard time justifying keeping a driver in my bag this season. When I can effortlessly hit the mini 260-280 down the middle, why even introduce all of the dangers that come (for me) with driver? 

That's outstanding!!! Well done.  Let the cynics continue to talk bad about the mini.  This is a special club and those without egos and the need for something like this will continue to find success with it.  Fairways and greens!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I'm hitting my Original One better (and farther) than my 440cc+ drivers.  The way y'all are talking about the 300 Mini has me intrigued.  I'm tempted to jump on one, swap my RIP Alpha 80 into it and hit the ground running.

Also have a couple other shafts lying around that I could plug into it, NV75, RIP Beta 90, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100, even an old Accuflex Icon.  So many choices.  LOL

Can I keep the demons at bay?  😇 🤔 😈

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

55 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

I'm hitting my Original One better (and farther) than my 440cc+ drivers.  The way y'all are talking about the 300 Mini has me intrigued.  I'm tempted to jump on one, swap my RIP Alpha 80 into it and hit the ground running.

Also have a couple other shafts lying around that I could plug into it, NV75, RIP Beta 90, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100, even an old Accuflex Icon.  So many choices.  LOL

Can I keep the demons at bay?  😇 🤔 😈

Take a run to the wild side!  😁

• Like 1

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

12 hours ago, winegr said:

- I think one problem I had was still trying to hit this with an upward angle of attack which contributed to the pulls 

––––––

Think the main swing thought it make sure the angle of attack is neutral to negative. Wonder if that’s why the guys who usually hit 3 wood really like this off the tee.  The sweet spot is a little lower on the face. 

I've found similar. The sweet spot feels centre to marginally above the centre of the face to me. Teeing it no higher above the crown than I do my three wood (max 1/3 above) and having a very neutral AoA seems to be the spot that works best.

Edited by sg91

10.5* TM M5 Tour - Evenflow Riptide 70

15* Mizuno ST200 - Diamana S+ 70

19* (@20*) Mizuno CLK - Tensei CK Pro 70

5-PW Mizuno MP-20 MMC - Project X

50/08 & 54/11 Wilson Staff Model Wedge - DG 120

60/10 Cleveland RTX Zipcore - DG TI Spinner

Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2

Srixon Z Star

4 hours ago, sg91 said:

I've found similar. The sweet spot feels centre to marginally above the centre of the face to me. Teeing it no higher above the crown than I do my three wood (max 1/3 above) and having a very neutral AoA seems to be the spot that works best.

I really like it off the deck surprisingly. 

8 hours ago, sg91 said:

With the 300, I get the best results teeing it so only 1/3 or 1/4 of the ball is above the crown. Definitely lower than for standard driver. 

Titleist TSR3 08.75 – AD DI 65x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – AD DI 75x

Titleist TSR2 17.25 – AD DI 85x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – AD DI 95x

Titleist T150 4i-6i – X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i – X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw – S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 – White Hot OG5

11 hours ago, calfan36 said:

Why is no one talking about or comparing it to a 460 cc driver at the same length and loft? I can't see then how the mini could be better

That would be an interesting test, although you would have to add a ton of weight to the driver head to equalize the swing weight with the mini. 

But I will say that I reject the assumption that a lot of people have that a bigger head is always better. A 460cc head provides the highest forgiveness potential, so it's a no brainer if we are talking about robot testing. But a lot of us who are drawn to the mini have found that the larger heads are harder to square consistently than smaller heads, so that "on-paper" forgiveness advantage vanishes pretty quickly.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, uglande said:

That would be an interesting test, although you would have to add a ton of weight to the driver head to equalize the swing weight with the mini. 

But I will say that I reject the assumption that a lot of people have that a bigger head is always better. A 460cc head provides the highest forgiveness potential, so it's a no brainer if we are talking about robot testing. But a lot of us who are drawn to the mini have found that the larger heads are harder to square consistently than smaller heads, so that "on-paper" forgiveness advantage vanishes pretty quickly.

I hit my 13.5 good enough that it’s sparked the curiosity in me on the 11.5 turned down as a driver.  

I mean the 13.5 is simply reliable.  It comes out straight and true much like the hybrid i love.  For me with 460cc drivers it’s always been hit and hope. I mean I hit them well enough but I’ve never once trusted one.  As I knowing vs hoping.  By tyat I mean With other clubs the majority of shots hit are on the intended line , with the intended shape etc. driver however has always been two choices.  Hit a hard fade which is really reliable. But shorter because you’re holding on to the face and not really releasing it fully. Or try to hit a draw which brings every miss on earth onto play.  Mostly pushes , occasional pulls , and some straight balls that turn into misses because of the aim.   This all causes me to not swing driver very hard.  I can hit it straight if I just stay connected and try to feel like hitting a bunt.  

what I wouldnt give for a driver that I could swing at and know where the miss will be , and see the same percentage of shots as intended with the yardage above the 13.5 mini .  As I type this I also know that what I want and what is possible is probably two different things.  I’d love to “ love “ driver.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I put a 45" Ventus Blue Velocore 6S in the Mini and didn't think the additional swingweight was too much of a difference.  Maybe a swingweight point but no more than two.  I've since cut a 1/2" off (now 44.5") and it's working really well, no discernible swingweight difference. 

• Like 1

Stopped into PGATSS this afternoon after my morning round to pick up a club repair.  Played well this morning with every club other than driver.  It wasn’t the driver itself, as I was using a G410 Plus, so more of a cocktail of bad mechanics and just driver giving me fits as it can do from time to time.

Anyway, I take a look around PGATSS, and there sits a “Preowned” but unhit LH 300 Mini Driver, discounted of course, and I take it up to the register.  Ask if they can grab me a headcover, which they do, and I walk out with it.  Not sure when I will get out with it, but looking forward to giving it a go.  Has the stock stiff shaft in it, but I do have a number of other TM shafts around if need be.

6C675A62-D804-4D15-9F1A-E2C3BD67ED60.jpeg

9162FB82-20F8-4AB1-8B64-574FA7CAE435.jpeg

A952F849-9B54-464F-A9BD-52CB589583DF.jpeg

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 f3

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 54*/10 and 58*/10, MMT 105 S Scoring Wedge

Byron Morgan DH89 Flow Neck Putter

Range session today just to try and work out my issues hooking the ball with everything yesterday, which was successful. Anyway for fun I tried to hit a few shots off the deck with the mini. Turf in the range was more like first cut than fairway but in that kind of lie it actually wasn’t all that difficult to hit. Now it’s not really a shot I think I’d try to pull off all that often. At best it was carrying about as far as my Super Hybrid which is set to 19* but flight was lower and it rolled out a lot more. On a dry course, in a situation where I needed to try and chase one up as far as possible, I’d maybe give it a try. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDX 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Rogue ST LS 3HL Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75S

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818 H1 23* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9S

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Callaway JAWS MD5 48.10 - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 115

Callaway JAWS Raw 52.10S & 56.12W - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner 115

Callaway Full Toe 60.10 - TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner 115

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

I’m really considering butt cutting my Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X and putting in the mini. Has anyone played the mini with a lighter shaft at 44”? I’m between the Fuji and a Speeder 7.2 TS X at 43.5. If anyone has thoughts on the slightly longer/lighter combo vs the shorter/heavier combo I’d love to hear them. Thanks! 

17 hours ago, calfan36 said:

Why is no one talking about or comparing it to a 460 cc driver at the same length and loft? I can't see then how the mini could be better

Have done that this season, but with an Original One instead of a 300 Mini.  I have been playing my drivers at 43.5" for a few years, since a fitting showed I swung faster at 43.25" than at 44"+.

The OO has been both straighter and longer.  I've got it tuned to similar lofts as my larger driver clubheads.

No launch data, its been course results only.

• Like 3

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

On 8/8/2021 at 12:32 AM, calfan36 said:

That's kind of what I've been doing lately, with an old Callaway Fusion 10.5 head on a 44" Vista Pro 70 shaft. It does about the same thing my SLDR Mini Driver did for me. The advantage, for me, is that the setup is the same as my longer driver so I'm getting useful reps in on that process when I use my shorty driver. 

I was on a launch monitor last week, and the shorty was giving me about 220 total distance versus 240-250 for my full-length driver. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

18 hours ago, rkillian said:

Range session today just to try and work out my issues hooking the ball with everything yesterday, which was successful. Anyway for fun I tried to hit a few shots off the deck with the mini. Turf in the range was more like first cut than fairway but in that kind of lie it actually wasn’t all that difficult to hit. Now it’s not really a shot I think I’d try to pull off all that often. At best it was carrying about as far as my Super Hybrid which is set to 19* but flight was lower and it rolled out a lot more. On a dry course, in a situation where I needed to try and chase one up as far as possible, I’d maybe give it a try. 

this is what I find also when hitting off the deck during range sessions. I hit better unintentional stingers with this than I do my driving iron. Very low launch off the deck that flys straight or a soft fade

I highly highly doubt ill ever need to hit this from the fairway tho but its nice to know I can pull it off 

• Like 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

On 8/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, jadedennill said:

I’m really considering butt cutting my Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X and putting in the mini. Has anyone played the mini with a lighter shaft at 44”? I’m between the Fuji and a Speeder 7.2 TS X at 43.5. If anyone has thoughts on the slightly longer/lighter combo vs the shorter/heavier combo I’d love to hear them. Thanks! 

I have the 13.5 (set at 12.0) in a Ventus Blue 7x at stock length. But I just ordered the 11.5 head and will try setting it at 10.0 (or lower) with a Ventus Blue 6x driver shaft that I have. It's already tipped 1/2 inch so flex should be similar and it will be fractionally lighter so I can built it slightly longer at 44 in.  I'm really trying to see if I can approximate my normal driver distances with the mini, because I know the consistency and confidence are already there.

• Like 4

I played a course in Rapid City, SD on Sunday called The Golf Club at Red Rocks.  I drove with the 300 Mini on 12 holes and hit 6 fairways, was just barely off 3 more and missed on 3.  I was 3 over (3 bogies) on the 6 holes I missed but had a bogey with one of the fairway drives.  All in all, I really am liking the Mini and find the distance on well struck, and decent struck, drives to be very acceptable.  I am also really liking the Ventus Blue Velocore 6S (44.5") shaft at one setting lower than standard.  I have a couple of swing issues I am trying to work out but the 300 Mini is making my "folding lawn chair" swing less penal driving the ball at the moment.  👍

• Like 3

Couple questions on the 300 mini, original one too I guess: do you find it to be fade biased, draw, neither? Also what do the head weights come in at on these?

TSR3 10* | Hzrdus Black Gen4 60TX 

Titleist TS3 3w | Diamana DF 70TX

Ping i525 3 iron | DG 120 X100 

Callaway Apex MB '18 5-Pw | DG X100 

Vokey SM8 52F, SM9 56F, SM7 60L | DG S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow

15 minutes ago, mtg said:

Couple questions on the 300 mini, original one too I guess: do you find it to be fade biased, draw, neither? Also what do the head weights come in at on these?

Just weighed my 11.5* 300 Mini head: 207.4g. 

Got mine out for its first few holes tonight before a thunderstorm was coming in.  Initially, at standard setting, it was fade biased for me.  That could be head, shaft, combo, whatever.  I went with a more upright setting, upping the loft a bit, closing the face a bit, and that brought it alive for me. 

Started hitting some penetrating, straight tee shots.  Plenty long.  Exactly what I would be looking for with this.  It will go into my bag for the time being, not replacing my driver just yet, but replacing my 5 wood which was primarily for off the tee and was reliable, but not terribly long.  This 300 Mini, based on its promising debut tonight, should be a more reliable and longer "wood" off the tee, and a potential driver replacement on more holes than usual.  I should have more feedback after some rounds this coming weekend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mtg said:

207g

My 13.5 is very clearly draw biased. Not the face angle, but just the weighting of the head. It wants to go left. That's usually my miss, so I crank it to 12.0 (face open a couple degrees) and then put more of a power fade swing on the club and it's perfect. 

I can use the built-in draw bias when I want to turn one over, but my fade-y swing neutralizes it for straight shots, and last round I was also able to hit some nice soft left-to-right shots as well.  I have mine in a Ventus Blue 7x at stock length. 

On 8/8/2021 at 12:12 PM, jeffrey r said:

Stopped into PGATSS this afternoon after my morning round to pick up a club repair.  Played well this morning with every club other than driver.  It wasn’t the driver itself, as I was using a G410 Plus, so more of a cocktail of bad mechanics and just driver giving me fits as it can do from time to time.

Anyway, I take a look around PGATSS, and there sits a “Preowned” but unhit LH 300 Mini Driver, discounted of course, and I take it up to the register.  Ask if they can grab me a headcover, which they do, and I walk out with it.  Not sure when I will get out with it, but looking forward to giving it a go.  Has the stock stiff shaft in it, but I do have a number of other TM shafts around if need be.

6C675A62-D804-4D15-9F1A-E2C3BD67ED60.jpeg

9162FB82-20F8-4AB1-8B64-574FA7CAE435.jpeg

A952F849-9B54-464F-A9BD-52CB589583DF.jpeg

Hello lefty, let me know when you sell that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

2 minutes ago, PixlPutterman said:

Hello lefty, let me know when you sell that lol

Ha--I just posted last night it was going into my bag, lol.  At least give me a few rounds to get frustrated with it and throw it into the garage...  🙂

Played the mini driver for the first time yesterday. I ordered an 11.5/PX SmokeBlackRDX70Stiff, but for yesterday I was using a demo 13.5/Midr stock shaft stiff. I normally tee off with an M5 Rocket3W (220-260) because I'm very inconsistent with driver. Here's the balls I hit on course. We played the back nine first for league, then I pulled out mini on the front for the fun 9. 

#1 380yd hole, hit it 255yd

#2 Short par 5 but has a lake the last 100 yds, so lots of layups. Tees were only at 420. I hit the ball into the bank of the pond. 320yd drive but it is firm/dry in Seattle...but even at that same tee location, that's 30 yds longer than I've ever been.

#4 Moved to the blue tees so I could get a better read on club. Cleared the fairway bunker with a mediocre contact. Ball went 240yd.

#5 Tees at 526, second shot at 225. So another 3bill drive.

#7 Short par 4, hit a slight hook to a spot a slight hook was not gonna stop until trouble. So bad results, but I didn't order the stock midr because I was hooking it on LM. PX Black was really straight for me.

#8 260yd drive over a fairway bunker

So lots of bombs, and one crooked one.

If you already hit a driver well, this may not be good for you because the club likes a bit of neg AoA and low face contact. But if you are steep, this might be for you.

• Like 3

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

2 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

Ha--I just posted last night it was going into my bag, lol.  At least give me a few rounds to get frustrated with it and throw it into the garage...  🙂

that sounds fair hahahaha

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

1 hour ago, thezinfan said:

the club likes a bit of neg AoA and low face contact. But if you are steep, this might be for you.

This is exactly why I like the mini's

• Like 3

Seemore mFGP2