Jump to content

Diamana PD in September


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Poolparty said:

Any idea comparing the PD to a DF or Pro White?

 

Would also be interested in the PD vs. DF comparison. Seems as though this PD is going to be a hit though. 

Titleist TSi3 8* Fujikura Ventus Black 6TX 

Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
Ping G425 3H @ 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Srixon ZX7 4-GW Steelfiber 110X  
Fourteen RM-4 52/58 MMT 125TX  
PXG Gen 2 Operator  
ProV1X Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I haven't tested the DF yet but the PD is supposed to be the next gen version of it.  It's just as stout as the pro white in the tip and mid.  Pro white feels softer in the handle.  Launch and spin is pretty much right there as well.  Just for reference, the CK pro white gave me the second best numbers last year behind the Ventus black when I went in for driver fitting.  PD is one of the lowest launching shafts I have ever come across.  

 

S3 has the Pro White at 272 CPM. Quite a difference if they're measuring the same way

 

1 hour ago, endy said:

 

Would also be interested in the PD vs. DF comparison. Seems as though this PD is going to be a hit though. 

Everyone say's it's stout. The bend profile looks similar to the DF.

Edited by Poolparty
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Poolparty said:

 

S3 has the Pro White at 272 CPM. Quite a difference if they're measuring the same way

 

Everyone say's it's stout. The bend profile looks similar to the DF.

The PD was 285 CPM at TX flex. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/AD UB-7TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a quick test yesterday but disclaimer - it was cold, windy, and judging by results - the first time I've ever swung a driver.  

 

Setups:

Mavrik 3D w/ Ventus Black 6x

TSi3 w/ 1k 60TX

SIM2 w/ PD 6x

 

The Ventus Black felt the stiffest and most boardy to me - but it was also hook proof (partly because of the 3D's lie angle)

 

The 1k was was just too much for me in the cold with my current driver struggles.  It works well on normal days, and I usually enjoy the feel - but days like this are part of the reason I thought I'd try the PD in a 6x - days (or late in rounds) when you just don't have your best stuff.

 

The PD wasn't nearly as stiff and boardy as I expected reading other's comments.  In the 6x, it seemed to have more of a constant bend rather than pronounced kick point.  It yielded the highest ball speeds - but take that with a grain of salt as they were different heads with slightly different lies and lofts.

 

I'll share more after a session where I'm actually able to put a good swing on the ball - but for now - the SIM2 / PD are replacing the TSi3 / 1k combo in the bag.

  • Like 3

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MysteryV said:

Had a quick test yesterday but disclaimer - it was cold, windy, and judging by results - the first time I've ever swung a driver.  

 

Setups:

Mavrik 3D w/ Ventus Black 6x

TSi3 w/ 1k 60TX

SIM2 w/ PD 6x

 

The Ventus Black felt the stiffest and most boardy to me - but it was also hook proof (partly because of the 3D's lie angle)

 

The 1k was was just too much for me in the cold with my current driver struggles.  It works well on normal days, and I usually enjoy the feel - but days like this are part of the reason I thought I'd try the PD in a 6x - days (or late in rounds) when you just don't have your best stuff.

 

The PD wasn't nearly as stiff and boardy as I expected reading other's comments.  In the 6x, it seemed to have more of a constant bend rather than pronounced kick point.  It yielded the highest ball speeds - but take that with a grain of salt as they were different heads with slightly different lies and lofts.

 

I'll share more after a session where I'm actually able to put a good swing on the ball - but for now - the SIM2 / PD are replacing the TSi3 / 1k combo in the bag.

Very interesting and proves that one outcome for said golfer will not the be same as another.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I myself found that the 1k had the most feel out of all three and was the easiest to load.  I could swing easy and still get it to perform.  It felt like it had the most kick to it as well.  It was also the most unpredictable in terms of results though and most punishing on mishits but gave me the highest ball speeds.  Ventus Black gave me the lowest ball speeds but reliable in terms of dispersion but had less kick than the the 1k but more than the PD. PD ball speeds were on the higher side, was the stiffest, barely had any kick and was the most boardy but tightest dispersion which is why it will be my gamer for awhile.  All 3 shafts were in the same SIM 2 head though.  I will say that the variable for me is that the Ventus Black was X flex while the other shafts were TX with all 3 being tipped different lengths, all in the 70 gram range. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/AD UB-7TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rosco1216 said:

Now just waiting for the head to get here.

170ACB90-B7F9-417D-A0BB-F59A05782E3F.jpeg.5326527b3b3c3af9488ac3969fb97387.jpeg

Oooh, that's nice

TM SIM2 Max 9* dialed to 9.75*, Tensei 1k 50s, (Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with RDX Blue 60 6.0 or Tensei 1k 50s as backups), Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Titleist T100s AMT Black S300 PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F Titleist 54.10, Titleist 58.08, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 2.4 index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your comments and discussion on this. Enjoying following along with this at HQ!

 

We're super excited about PD and it's been interesting to see the results you all are seeing here in the early going. No two golf swings are the same which is part of what makes shaft testing so fun. What PD does for one golfer doesn't necessarily mean it'll do the same for the next golfer. We all apply load and strain differently in our golf swings, we have different tempos, we have different club heads, etc... All of this impacts droop, deflection, dynamic loft and so many other factors. This is why our opinion is to work with a fitter whenever possible and see how the shafts perform in person.

 

Good luck all with the testing. We'll be here and following along if any questions come up!

 

MCA

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Very interesting and proves that one outcome for said golfer will not the be same as another.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I myself found that the 1k had the most feel out of all three and was the easiest to load.  I could swing easy and still get it to perform.  It felt like it had the most kick to it as well.  It was also the most unpredictable in terms of results though and most punishing on mishits but gave me the highest ball speeds.  Ventus Black gave me the lowest ball speeds but reliable in terms of dispersion but had less kick than the the 1k but more than the PD. PD ball speeds were on the higher side, was the stiffest, barely had any kick and was the most boardy but tightest dispersion which is why it will be my gamer for awhile.  All 3 shafts were in the same SIM 2 head though.  I will say that the variable for me is that the Ventus Black was X flex while the other shafts were TX with all 3 being tipped different lengths, all in the 70 gram range. 

 

As I read it - our results were similar.  The thing which I will be taking away from this is that TX makes more of a difference than many people would have you believe.

 

If you get a chance - I'd be interested to hear you compare the PD with the Ventus Black in the same flex (X vs. X or TX vs. TX). 

 

Maybe @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL can (please) speak to the differences between X and TX profiles in the 1k and PD?

  • Like 1

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MysteryV said:

 

As I read it - our results were similar.  The thing which I will be taking away from this is that TX makes more of a difference than many people would have you believe.

 

If you get a chance - I'd be interested to hear you compare the PD with the Ventus Black in the same flex (X vs. X or TX vs. TX). 

 

Maybe @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL can (please) speak to the differences between X and TX profiles in the 1k and PD?

I don't have any plans to test the Ventus Black in TX anytime soon.  However, @JustinDhas and I hope he can chime in.  Says that the PD and Ventus Black play similar in TX flex. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/AD UB-7TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I don't have any plans to test the Ventus Black in TX anytime soon.  However, @JustinDhas and I hope he can chime in.  Says that the PD and Ventus Black play similar in TX flex. 

Yes the PD in TX was very similar to Ventus Black in TX. They both CPM to mid 280s just under a true XX shaft. 

 

For reference I'm a 115-118 speed guy with an aggressive transition and usually tip my driver shafts an inch at least. These two were the first two I installed with no tipping because the CPM was already in the spot I needed. 

 

From builds I've done for others the flexes match up pretty well between the PD and Ventus (PD in stiff similar to Ventus Black in stiff)

 

I still have both on hand if anyone has questions feel free to PM me 

 

Regarding 1K vs PD. The is more linear of a profile where the 1K had a little more active tip. Also little softer on the overall profile. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is obviously a bit subjective, but I had a Ventus black 6TX and it felt heavy and harder to swing because of that.

 

Anyone else have similar experience? And how would you compare the feel between the PD vs VB?

 

Any comparison to an XC, which I have a 6TX that I’ve been playing with. 

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* w/ GD XC 6TX

Tour Edge Exs Pro 220 16.5* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood w/ TP 8TX

Srixon ZX Utility 4 iron 23* w/ MMT105TX

Mizuno MP18 Hifli 5&6 w/ MMT125TX

Srixon 785's 7-pw w/ MMT125TX

Cleveland CBX2 48*(bent to 50*) w/ MMT125TX

Cleveland Zipcores 54/58 w/ DG tour spinner shaft.

2021 Ping Kushin IV w/ BGT stability tour shaft

ProV1 Left dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

This is obviously a bit subjective, but I had a Ventus black 6TX and it felt heavy and harder to swing because of that.

 

Anyone else have similar experience? And how would you compare the feel between the PD vs VB?

 

Any comparison to an XC, which I have a 6TX that I’ve been playing with. 

PD and Ventus Black had the same type of feel. XC was not as stout because it has a softer butt end compared to the other two. Typically for most when the butt of the shaft is softer it helps provide feel. I would compare the XC more of a match to the older Tensei Pro White

Edited by JustinD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rosco1216 said:

Going to be a good shootout!

E7AA7745-7CE7-44C0-8F63-D8520A7A2E6D.jpeg.2836156aedabfb7f9048edc6c62a9cac.jpegC2E19386-D221-432D-9322-BDC19A4766BB.jpeg.b7fc117c8170b81bac979cd9b648e70b.jpeg

Keep us informed!

  • Like 1

TM SIM2 Max 9* dialed to 9.75*, Tensei 1k 50s, (Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with RDX Blue 60 6.0 or Tensei 1k 50s as backups), Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Titleist T100s AMT Black S300 PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F Titleist 54.10, Titleist 58.08, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 2.4 index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a big scramble today and going with the Epic Max LS with PD 70tx tipped 1.5” a full go today. Will report back this evening!

  • Like 1

TSI3 @ 7.25* - Ventus black 7x
G410 hybrid @ 16* - Hzdrus black 85x
Callaway Apex UT 20* - RIP 100x
Honma 737v 4-P - Modus 120tx
RTX Zipcore 52* & 56* - X100

Scotty Cameron Catalina Two



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rosco1216 said:

Got a big scramble today and going with the Epic Max LS with PD 70tx tipped 1.5” a full go today. Will report back this evening!

 

Insert popcorn ready meme here lol...will be extremely interested to hear your results, and how it fared against the ventus black and any others you tested. Good luck today!! 

  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8* Fujikura Ventus Black 6TX 

Taylormade Sim 2 Ti 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
Ping G425 3H @ 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Srixon ZX7 4-GW Steelfiber 110X  
Fourteen RM-4 52/58 MMT 125TX  
PXG Gen 2 Operator  
ProV1X Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I absolutely love the DF in my driver so don't see the PD replacing it but does keep sounding like a good fit for my 3 wood. Need a more low/low in my 3 wood the DF is launching a bit too high for my liking since I mostly hit it off the tee. Need something closer to the VB for my 3 wood. VB wasn't a good fit for my driver even swinging 122-123mph.

Titleist TSi3 7.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX

Titleist TSi3 14.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 80 TX

Titleist 816 H2 18.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X

Titleist T200 4-5 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought I would report back on my initial thoughts on the PD. I played in a scramble yesterday but FWIW I had not hit this set up at all prior to the round and the range was closed so I never even got to warm up.  Being the longest hitter in my group, I always went last off the tee and basically try to hammer it.  Given the circumstances, I had some absolutely great shots with it but I also struggled a bit with a 2 way miss. The 2-way miss was certainly not the shafts fault by any means. It was a head that I have never hit and hadn’t got to dial in at all.
 

On the shots I squared up, the flight and feel was exactly what I expected and hoped for. Mid flight, 5 yard cuts. I was a lover of the DF and this PD feels like I hoped it would. Linear load and a little firmer/tighter feel overall compared to the DF but still able to feel the shaft load and kick into impact. I don’t have any numbers but I hit multiple drivers that were longer than I expected on a course I’ve played multiple times. It definitely transfers energy to the ball. I do not find it overly stiff or boardy but that’s not to say others won’t. I absolutely love a linear loading shaft that is very stout and firm. The only shaft i have really felt was stiff/boardy feeling was the original t1100(Granted I played it tipped around 2”).


I will be testing it extensively over the next week and really dialing it in in order to provide more details and accurate feedback from normal rounds and conditions when I’m not just trying to hammer drives in a scramble format. 


 

Edited by Rosco1216
  • Like 3

TSI3 @ 7.25* - Ventus black 7x
G410 hybrid @ 16* - Hzdrus black 85x
Callaway Apex UT 20* - RIP 100x
Honma 737v 4-P - Modus 120tx
RTX Zipcore 52* & 56* - X100

Scotty Cameron Catalina Two



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played my first round with the SIM2 / PD combo yesterday.  New head, new shaft, general driver struggles, and a heavy air day at Harding Park.  I was tinkering with loft a bit (after the 6th hole I turned it down after low heely drive that spun back ~4" in the fairway) - and generally getting used to things.  A couple thoughts:

 

The shaft was not at all boardy for me.  Not to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian here - but it had more feel than the Ventus Black 6x, and *maybe* the 1k 60TX that I've played recently (though with the latter it may just be a slightly different feel - and the flex difference matters). The kick remained linear rather than pronounced.

 

I found the PD very consistent and controllable.  I was more comfortable than I've been in recent memory aiming at the right side of the fairway and hitting a high draw.  I left 2 out to the right during the round (my fault), and certainly put some horrific hook swings on a few (again, user error) - but in general - the one way miss was as real as it's ever been for me.

 

The one blemish from the round was distance.  Granted my speed has dropped as of late, and it's been a few years since I found the center of a driver face - but for whatever reason - the ball was not flying for me yesterday.  While it was a foggy, 62 - 64 degree, damp day - and nothing was flying - the few times I actually put a good swing on the ball - it came up quite a bit shorter than I expected.  This is likely due to a multitude of factors (new head, new shaft, zero roll out, heavy air, etc etc) - it was the one bit I was less than pleased with (other than my swing).

 

Overall, a very impressive first showing from the PD.  From reading some other folks impressions - it seems like perhaps it plays a bit stiff to flex - and that you'd be best served demo'ing the flex you play and perhaps a flex below before making a decision.  

  • Like 2

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, MysteryV said:

I played my first round with the SIM2 / PD combo yesterday.  New head, new shaft, general driver struggles, and a heavy air day at Harding Park.  I was tinkering with loft a bit (after the 6th hole I turned it down after low heely drive that spun back ~4" in the fairway) - and generally getting used to things.  A couple thoughts:

 

The shaft was not at all boardy for me.  Not to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian here - but it had more feel than the Ventus Black 6x, and *maybe* the 1k 60TX that I've played recently (though with the latter it may just be a slightly different feel - and the flex difference matters). The kick remained linear rather than pronounced.

 

I found the PD very consistent and controllable.  I was more comfortable than I've been in recent memory aiming at the right side of the fairway and hitting a high draw.  I left 2 out to the right during the round (my fault), and certainly put some horrific hook swings on a few (again, user error) - but in general - the one way miss was as real as it's ever been for me.

 

The one blemish from the round was distance.  Granted my speed has dropped as of late, and it's been a few years since I found the center of a driver face - but for whatever reason - the ball was not flying for me yesterday.  While it was a foggy, 62 - 64 degree, damp day - and nothing was flying - the few times I actually put a good swing on the ball - it came up quite a bit shorter than I expected.  This is likely due to a multitude of factors (new head, new shaft, zero roll out, heavy air, etc etc) - it was the one bit I was less than pleased with (other than my swing).

 

Overall, a very impressive first showing from the PD.  From reading some other folks impressions - it seems like perhaps it plays a bit stiff to flex - and that you'd be best served demo'ing the flex you play and perhaps a flex below before making a decision.  

With my experience so far I’d be confident to say that the lack of distance definitely is not the shaft, but a combination of the other factors you mentioned.

TSI3 @ 7.25* - Ventus black 7x
G410 hybrid @ 16* - Hzdrus black 85x
Callaway Apex UT 20* - RIP 100x
Honma 737v 4-P - Modus 120tx
RTX Zipcore 52* & 56* - X100

Scotty Cameron Catalina Two



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rosco1216 said:

With my experience so far I’d be confident to say that the lack of distance definitely is not the shaft, but a combination of the other factors you mentioned.

 

100% agree - and I hope that came through in my post.  The sample size is small, the conditions were not ideal, and like most things (according to my girlfriend) - it's probably entirely my fault.

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suppose I should add that my SS has dropped recently to 110 - 111 (I was 115 - 117 when I picked up the 1kTX).  When I did my initial testing at the range on the PRGR black - headspeed was the same across the three head / shaft combos I tested.

 

What I really need is to get some more accurate launch and spin numbers.

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone who’s played this have any real world results on how it compares to the DF? Played the DF 70x for several years and I’m curious to try the PD. Similar launch and spin…lower?

 

Been using the Rogue White 130 70TX most of those year so if anyone has any comparisons to that as well I would love to hear them!

 

Thanks! 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 70TX

3 Wood: Titleist TSi 2 15* w/Tensei Pro Blue 70TX

5 Wood: Titleist TSi 2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Titleist T-200 Utility 3 iron w/Project X 6.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 90

Irons: Titleist T-200 4 iron w/Project X 6.5

          Titleist T-100S 5-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM8 Raw 52F & 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

 

Putter: Custom Slighter Tacoma

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, adam2883 said:

Anyone who’s played this have any real world results on how it compares to the DF? Played the DF 70x for several years and I’m curious to try the PD. Similar launch and spin…lower?

 

Been using the Rogue White 130 70TX most of those year so if anyone has any comparisons to that as well I would love to hear them!

 

Thanks! 

I have. I spoke on it a couple posts up.  I played the DF for awhile a couple years ago until it broke on me. Currently dialing in the PD.

  • Like 1

TSI3 @ 7.25* - Ventus black 7x
G410 hybrid @ 16* - Hzdrus black 85x
Callaway Apex UT 20* - RIP 100x
Honma 737v 4-P - Modus 120tx
RTX Zipcore 52* & 56* - X100

Scotty Cameron Catalina Two



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, Rosco1216 said:

With my experience so far I’d be confident to say that the lack of distance definitely is not the shaft, but a combination of the other factors you mentioned.

Well here's the thing.  You, me and @MysteryVhave all mentioned the lack of distance with the PD.  I feel as though the PD is very similar to the VB in every way.  Ball speeds were identical as well.  VB just kicks a little more and that's the only difference.  Unlike you guys, the PD felt boardy to me.  I've also noticed something interesting lately.  Linear shafts tend to be more accurate whereas non linear shafts tend to be distance shafts for me. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/AD UB-7TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Well here's the thing.  You, me and @MysteryVhave all mentioned the lack of distance with the PD.  I feel as though the PD is very similar to the VB in every way.  Ball speeds were identical as well.  VB just kicks a little more and that's the only difference.  Unlike you guys, the PD felt boardy to me.  I've also noticed something interesting lately.  Linear shafts tend to be more accurate whereas non linear shafts tend to be distance shafts for me. 

 

As a rule of thumb - when the reviewer has 3 relatively recent drivers at the range - and a different driver in his signature than the one being reviewed - as much as it hurts me to say it - it might be the arrow.  😄

 

tl;dr - as my gf believes - everything is probably my fault.

SIM2 Diamana PD 6x

Miura 1008 - MMT 125 TX

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MysteryV said:

 

As a rule of thumb - when the reviewer has 3 relatively recent drivers at the range - and a different driver in his signature than the one being reviewed - as much as it hurts me to say it - it might be the arrow.  😄

 

tl;dr - as my gf believes - everything is probably my fault.

You know, every good golfer blames everything but the indian, haha.  In good WRX fashion, we must adhere to these rules.  Are you still testing the UB when the time comes?  If so, I will be there right by your side doing the same.  I figure that having a lower launch "accuracy" shaft like the PD and a higher launching shaft with possibly more ball speed in the arsenal wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/AD UB-7TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 RSM Classic - Discussion and Links
      2021 RSM Classic - Monday
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #1
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brett Drewitt - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Matt Wallace - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Josh Creel - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Ben Crane - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Justin Lower - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Adam Svensson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brendon Todd - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Webb Simpson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Chesson Hadley - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Kiradech Aphibarnrat - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Bill Haas - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Max Homa - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Nick Watney - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
      New Odyssey Tri Hot putters - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      Pat Perez - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Tony Finau - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Kramer Hickok - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Paul Barjon - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Nate Lashley - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Seamus Powers - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Dylan Frittelli - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      C.T. Pan - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Chase Koepka - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Branden Grace - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Marc Leishman - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Martin Laird - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Shane Lowery - WITB - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
      Cameron CT T-11 putter - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      New Graphite Design shafts - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron cover from 2021 ZOZO Championship - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Bettinardi covers - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron CT putters - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
       
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #3
       
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! 10 Testers Needed!
      L.A.B. Golf is choosing ten GolfWRX members to receive their MEZZ.1 putter early and put their brand new product to the test before reporting back to the community about what they see. The selected testers will be one of the first to experience the MEZZ.1 from L.A.B. GOLF, their newest Lie Angle Balanced design, ahead of it's January 2022 launch!
       
      About The L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Putter
      MEZZ.1 is our new mid-mallet putter that’s fully CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aircraft aluminum (body) and 303 stainless steel (midsection) to create our best-feeling — and we think best looking — putter to date. It includes 10 weights (eight on the bottom, two on the sides) that allow us to individually build each putter to a golfer’s exact specifications.
       
      How To Apply
      In a post below, answer the following questions.
       
      1. City, State?
      2. Handicap?
      3. What is your current putter?
      4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?
      5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?
      6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?
       
      That's it! @labgolf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 435 replies
    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 15 replies

×
×
  • Create New...