Glove Questions (does price matter)

11 minutes ago, tsecor said:

The gloves from MG suck but if you pay $6 for a glove how long do you expect it to last? 

i get an average of 3 rounds out of the MG, so i buy 4-5 at a time......and i can use my own logo or picture on the closure...

they do get slippery in the rain though

To each his own I suppose.  As noted in my previous post, I've been incredibly pleased with MG gloves since I started using them and there's been a lot of positive reviews by other members as well.  But obviously not everything will work for everyone.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

8 minutes ago, PittShark said:

To each his own I suppose.  As noted in my previous post, I've been incredibly pleased with MG gloves since I started using them and there's been a lot of positive reviews by other members as well.  But obviously not everything will work for everyone.

they are very thin and cheap and get torn up pretty easy.....doesnt sytop me from using them as i buy 4 at a time.....just dont expect them to be like a $30 glove,.....but who wants to spend a yton of money on gloves anyway....when it lasts 3 rounds, you toss it and put on a freash glove......its much better than losing a $5 ball 3x a round

2 minutes ago, tsecor said:

they are very thin and cheap and get torn up pretty easy.....doesnt sytop me from using them as i buy 4 at a time.....just dont expect them to be like a $30 glove,.....but who wants to spend a yton of money on gloves anyway....when it lasts 3 rounds, you toss it and put on a freash glove......its much better than losing a $5 ball 3x a round

While I'm not in total agreement on the "torn up pretty easy" part, absolutely in agreement on the rest of your post!

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

Another huge fan of the Kirkland gloves here, 4 for $20 and real cabretta leather, probably 90% as good as any Titleist or Footjoy for 25% of the price.

Regardless of whatever glove I wear mine get so crusty so fast and I try to make sure it airs out nicely whenever possible, does anybody have any tips to stop this? I don't know if its the salt in sweat that makes this happen or what but I feel like there's no way everybody else has it as hilariously bad as I do. $25 gloves are rock hard within 2 or 3 outings. They always spring back to live perfectly after you put them on and stretch your fingers for a few seconds but still would like a solution if anybody knows

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

4 minutes ago, tsecor said:

i use cord grips, so the tear up my gloves pretty good.  i still buy them all the time

Good point.....cords will eat them up a little faster.  I was a NDMC/MCC+4 guy for many years and with the cord portion being in the left hand, I can definitely say there was a bit of a difference in the effect the grips had on the life of the glove. 

• Like 1

My hands sweat...ALOT! I take my glove off after every shot and do everything possible to make them last. My main requirements are Cabretta and no lycra anywhere (makes my glove slip). I've noticed no difference in longevity between a $20 glove and a $6.99 MG. While I will occasionally buy upper level gloves if I find a really good deal, the MG serves me very well.

• Like 1

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

2 minutes ago, rooski said:

Another huge fan of the Kirkland gloves here, 4 for $20 and real cabretta leather, probably 90% as good as any Titleist or Footjoy for 25% of the price.

Regardless of whatever glove I wear mine get so crusty so fast and I try to make sure it airs out nicely whenever possible, does anybody have any tips to stop this? I don't know if its the salt in sweat that makes this happen or what but I feel like there's no way everybody else has it as hilariously bad as I do. $25 gloves are rock hard within 2 or 3 outings. They always spring back to live perfectly after you put them on and stretch your fingers for a few seconds but still would like a solution if anybody knows

I picked up one of these recently:  https://circle15golf.com/products/the-glove-hub-2-0

Seems to be keeping them in nice shape between rounds, but I've only  had it for about a month now so the jury is still out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PittShark said:

I picked up one of these recently:  https://circle15golf.com/products/the-glove-hub-2-0

Seems to be keeping them in nice shape between rounds, but I've only  had it for about a month now so the jury is still out.

Woah if nothing else that looks super cool, thanks for the link I may pick one up

• Like 1

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

3 minutes ago, rooski said:

you may want to go with a different type of glove....one that has a lot of ventilation or one that is built for moisture.

FootJoy WeatherSof or the Bionic AquaGrip Glove are two great options

I get a few dozen rounds plus a few dozen practice sessions with each pair of my gloves (including MG and Kirkland). This means I only really need 3 or 4 pairs per full season. YMMV, of course.

But a friend who does have hands that pretty are sweaty has switched to some rain gloves, and he loves them compared to regular cabretta leather. I think he's using the Finger Ten brand. They last him a long time and are washable, too.

28 minutes ago, rooski said:

My hands sweat a lot and I end up crusty gross gloves often as well. Best method to avoid it I have found is that if I’m playing on a hot day I will use three gloves in play for the day. I’ll rotate through them as the day goes on and I also am constantly taking my glove off between shots. This helps extend the life of each of the gloves by a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

The gloves from MG suck but if you pay $6 for a glove how long do you expect it to last? 

i get an average of 3 rounds out of the MG, so i buy 4-5 at a time......and i can use my own logo or picture on the closure...

they do get slippery in the rain though

This is funny with your profile pic next to the post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wkndhckr said:

Kudos to MG for their marketing. I've only seen them on Amazon and website ads that I didn't ask for after searching based on this thread. Prior to that I'd never heard of them. Somehow it seems majority of the posts here imply that most have at least tried them. 

you cant go wrong with the price, thats for sure. and they have a custom glove to you in like 3 days....just dont expect great things from it....its good for a few rounds and then you MAY have to move on....but 4 or 5 of them can get you through a few months and you have only spent $30

For several years I have played the BIONIC StableGrip. It has finger ridges that fall between the knuckles, and a reinforced palm. Cost is $25 to $27.

Helps me get a consistent anchor on the left hand, and these are very durable. Three of them will last me a season for both play and practice. All I have to do is wash them with saddle soap every few weeks. Usually one will be good into the following season.

I tried the StableGrip because of an odd experience I had with handball gloves. Years ago I worked newspaper in Oklahoma. One of the sportswriters knew a guy who was shutting down his sporting goods shop. The sportie bought two boxes of left-handed handball gloves on clearance and offered them for $5 each as golf gloves. I got two, and they lasted almost two full seasons.

Future: MGs may be on the horizon, the BIONICS are starting to feel a little thick.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

Kirkland gloves from Costco. 

4 for $25 

just as good as any footjoy glove 

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

4 hours ago, Hairpie said:

My hands sweat...ALOT! I take my glove off after every shot and do everything possible to make them last. My main requirements are Cabretta and no lycra anywhere (makes my glove slip). I've noticed no difference in longevity between a $20 glove and a $6.99 MG. While I will occasionally buy upper level gloves if I find a really good deal, the MG serves me very well.

Same here.   I will ruin a $20 Titleist glove just as fast as the MGs because I sweat so much, no matter how fast I take my glove off after I hit.   So I stock up on the MGs, buy 10 at a time.  Also, even after they are kind of shot because of the sweat, they are still useful for a short while again after they dry out.  So I use the old ones on the driving range and rotate them.  The guys I play with make fun of how many old gloves I have in my bag,  but I get the most out of them that way.   Break out the new gloves for tournaments or when all the old ones are really, really bad/shot. 

Is the MG as good as the Titleist, not quite, but still pretty good.  Is it a better deal at $7?  No contest. 

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Srixon  ZX 5 MKii 4-7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

5 hours ago, Hollywoodtlb said:

I'm sure the costco glove is great value but good lord is the branding way too ugly/loud for a glove.

It's basically a direct knock off of the Titleist branding for their gloves. So it's not really any louder. It just has a different brand name on it. So if that is something that really matters, then there's hundreds of other choices to pick from

brave_B5jTWpv4oM.png

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, 4x4GGG said:

I would say the Kirkland glove feels like a quality glove but for only $5. 

+1 for Kirkland, they do wear faster than some premium gloves I've used in the past but for a quarter of the unit price that's all good by me. When you're making the $300 Costco run it's a no brainer to toss in a 4-pack of the KSig gloves!

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

The Foot Joy Pure Touch is like butter. Amazing feel and worth every penny. Once you put one on, you are forever spoiled.

my hand also sweats a lot, and I will alternate gloves every 3 or 4 holes and they last quite a while, and maintain their baby skin soft feel.

Edited by FlyingRev
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mike_C said:

Same here.   I will ruin a $20 Titleist glove just as fast as the MGs because I sweat so much, no matter how fast I take my glove off after I hit.   So I stock up on the MGs, buy 10 at a time.  Also, even after they are kind of shot because of the sweat, they are still useful for a short while again after they dry out.  So I use the old ones on the driving range and rotate them.  The guys I play with make fun of how many old gloves I have in my bag,  but I get the most out of them that way.   Break out the new gloves for tournaments or when all the old ones are really, really bad/shot. 

Is the MG as good as the Titleist, not quite, but still pretty good.  Is it a better deal at $7?  No contest. 

Sweat is usually my biggest issue with glove longevity. On really hot days, I usually carry at least two gloves to use for the round and I always use an old glove at the range. I have had good luck with Footjoy Weathersof gloves in that they tend to dry out well and maintain their sizing(don't stretch) and don't stiffen up.

My other issue is my fingers are shorter, so usually go with the cadet, which not all manufacturers make.

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

My favorite glove is the Titleist glove.  I'm sure it is mental, but I like it better than the comparable FJ version.  I have a hard time shelling out the cash for the ultra premium gloves, so I looked for better bargains.  

I'm a fan of the Costco glove.  I don't think there is a better glove deal around.  I prefer them to the MG's.  The last 4 pack that I picked up a month ago ran really small for some reason, so I gave them away to my neighbor.

I just tried the Maxfli glove from Dicks on a 2 for deal last week.  I like it, but the Costco glove is a better price.  I would have no problem playing the Maxfli glove if I did not have access to a Costco.  Based on the comments, I need to try the MG's again.

For me it's the fit of the Titleist and FJ gloves. The fit my hand perfectly which is not something I can say for other brands. Their leather is also something I never complain about. I enjoy the feel...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

What people miss about gloves. If I spend $60 ( $20x3) on 3 gloves and rotate them every round, or 9 holes, and don’t let them get too wet or sweaty, they will last longer or as long a several $10 gloves where I wear all the time, one at a time.

if the question is economical, I understand the bargain hunting. I have ordered MG gloves for “practicing” gloves and I liked them. For me having  a really nice thin soft glove is worth the extra $. Gloves are like socks and shoes for me, premium products are usually worth it and there are plenty of places to cut costs playing g golf, that the difference can be made up