2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bryson says Cobra Drivers suck, Cobra compares Bryson to Temper Tantrum throwing 8 year old

nosedive32

DeChumpbeau has an unfair advantage on being able to win the PGA Tour bonus  Meltwater Mentions category for just being Bryson.😫

2016 Taylormade M2 9.5* w/Fujikura Pro 60 stiff
Titleist 917 F3 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 stiff
Callaway RazrX Tour stock shaft stiff/Mizuno MP-30 2 iron with Rifle 6.0 shaft
Bridgestone J 40DPC w/Aerotech Steelfibers 95 r
50* Bridgestone J 15 wedges with Nippon Pro Modus3 125, 54*,58* Titleist Vokey wedges
Odessey White Hot #5

20 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

To be fair, it is not the greatest Tour Staff I’ve seen…

image.png.b66056156173edc75dd95ba87aeac7fe.png

The PGA Tour’s PIP is an attempt to grow the game.

Cobra is also trying to grow the game, and Blair is there to help them “get a grip.”

Apparently Arnie was “The King” on, and off, the golf course. It is best said, the difference between him and Tiger was: Arnie slept with the club presidents’ wife, while Tiger was banging strippers. Arnie’s brand won’t tolerate information as such, in print, but it’s true. Arnie was a sex symbol and playboy, flying around his own jet. Yet, Tiger was ostracized by many for years (still is). 

We all know what sells, and in 2021, social media is just a conduit for all of it: sensationalism and sex. The only difference between today and 50 years ago, is how the information is disseminated. Nothing else has changed. It’s all a show. Much better than what Hollywood produces though!~ Best game, ever, hands down….

2EDDFE4D-8CE0-4DED-A96C-7524C084678F.jpeg

Amateur hour with these two. Bryson acts like a jerk and Koepa is a jerk. Next.

• Like 4

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

13 hours ago, jmck said:

Cmon man. Did Jordan ever say his Nikes sucked after stinking it up on court?

Zion Williamson would've been justified when his sneaker tried to turn itself into a flip flop a couple years ago. 

Edited by Mych
  • Like 1

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

19 hours ago, CaseyC said:

He also took a dig during his post round Sky Sports interview.   Said that it was easy to make some birdies if you drove it in the middle of the fairway

18 hours ago, nikegal said:

He is an entitled spoiled narcissistic b*tch. Excuse my language as I know that that language sounds more like Richard(I've been hanging around him too much😂), but I'm so sick of his childish petulance & pettiness. I know from my own experiences with my OEM's, along with OEMs that I've never bagged their clubs, and in the grand scheme of the professional world, I am a nobody, but my OEM's will bend over backwards, including getting me shafts which they do not even offer on the tour van, if I were to ask them for them. The guys/gals back at the center(R&D) will work with me in customizing a current head if so desired. They are unbelievably cooperative and amenable in helping me and all of the other staffers in putting the best clubs possible into our bags. The are very bright, diligent hard working individuals who take great pride in their work and the clubs that they produce and for someone like Dechambeau, they would do whatever he asked and whatever was humanly possible, and if he had a problem with his driver, he should have taken his issues to them and approached them like a man, not do the circa 2020 social media blast like some diva b*tch.

For him to publicly chastise and insult those guy/gals and Cobra is a disgrace and I'm sorry, there is NO golfer worth that, especially this child. I have not had a single student(80% of my students are children) speak of, ask about or want to swing or "be like Bryson," haha.  I could walk into any pro shop in this country, grab any driver off the rack, and walk out and put a ball in the middle of the fairway. I realize that my distance may suffer, my direction may be negatively affected and my spin numbers and flight most likely will not be optimal, and no, I would not play that driver, but my point is that as a pro, we are expected to have a swing of the appropriate level that yes, the club is important, however the tail is not supposed to wag the dog!! Bryson makes the club. The club does not make Bryson. At least that's how it should be, though obviously not. Let's also not forget that the driver in his bag he hit ad nauseam as his OCD would allow nothing less, and at some point, he looked at all involved and said something along the lines of, "yep, this is the one👍." Now, it is not the one?? Now it sucks???

He's a pro for chrissakes, and one of THE finest pros on earth, and to blame a club for his inability to put a ball in the middle of the fairway is just pathetic, and to publicly ridicule his OEM is even worse. And yes, our club carries Cobra🐍 and their staff is a joy to work with!! Ok, rant over, haha. Take care guys 🙂 Madison

…he was talking about Brooks, not Bryson. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

8 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

you think Bryson’s performance would suffer if he got fitted and used to taylormade, callaway, titleist, etc. equipment??

you think he’s gaining an advantage by playing Cobra?

yes he’s getting paid. 

But my point was, playing Cobra isn’t actually helping his game.

if he could get out of his contract, he could go out on the open market and lose nothing.

he might even benefit from a switch.

but who is Cobra going to replace Bryson with?

The guy is frankly a goldmine. He wins tournaments and blankets the headlines. Every OEM would beg to sign him. 

none of the major OEM’s are that superior to any other. It’s the players that sell everything and drive the entire market. 

LMAO

Let's assume Bryson makes $10M/year on his Puma/Cobra endorsement.

Let's assume an OEM makes $250 per driver head, $400 on a set of irons, $75 for shoes, $40 for a shirt....that's a lot of volume to breakeven at $10M.

Go to any PGA SS or other major retailer and ask any sales rep how many customers come in and say...I want that 5* driver head, SL irons, shoes and shirt Bryson is playing or wearing.....I doubt there would be many customers saying this.

I doubt any OEM wants an unprofessional, immature clown on their PGA tour staff portfolio that could/would potentially slam their company.

Many employees have been fired for derogatory public comments on social media about the company they used to be employed at.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

you think Bryson’s performance would suffer if he got fitted and used to taylormade, callaway, titleist, etc. equipment??

you think he’s gaining an advantage by playing Cobra?

yes he’s getting paid. 

But my point was, playing Cobra isn’t actually helping his game.

if he could get out of his contract, he could go out on the open market and lose nothing.

he might even benefit from a switch.

but who is Cobra going to replace Bryson with?

The guy is frankly a goldmine. He wins tournaments and blankets the headlines. Every OEM would beg to sign him. 

none of the major OEM’s are that superior to any other. It’s the players that sell everything and drive the entire market. 

It’s probably not helping him but he also isn’t going to get the same amount of attention from Callaway, Titleist, Ping or TM to meet all of his quirky equipment needs 

• Like 1

I have been trying to give Bryson a chance... his work ethic alone is impressive.  BUT... this time, he crossed the line.  If he is willing to meltdown like this and lash out at his sponsor, nothing is off limits.  I cant see why ANY other OEM would pick him up after this.  Cobra equipment is fantastic but how many people WON'T play it just because they wouldn't want to be associated with that relationship?  It has to hurt the brand and while he apologized, it just isn't enough to fix it.  If I am Cobra, I am dropping this fool asap and looking for some other Tour pros to build on.  

Can't see having this guy on the Ryder Cup team either... The US team constantly has this problem of poor attitudes and who they might get paired up with or what drama might ensue.  The priorities are all wrong.  I say, don't let this guy play on the team.  Stop feeding the animals.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Is anyone really surprised? DeShampoo has been caught on tape multiple times acting like the entitled  jerk he truly is, from the caddie thrashing at the Masters when he first came out on tour where he drove it wildly left at 18 and blamed the caddie, to his behaviour at the 2016 US Open, to berating the cameraman about harming his "brand", etc. Feherty even brought some of this  up in his softball interview with the Big Baby. And his name is Bryson James Aldrich DeChambeau, yet on his yardage book cover he has "B.A.D" ? What a phoney. He behaves like a child, a very insecure child. Perhaps he can change and grow up but that would require something he's incapable of - being self-critical. 

• Like 1

Bryson's lust for more distance off the tee, and in general has taken a toll on his game.  If he dials the distance back to two or three years ago performance I would bet he hits more fairways and performs better.  At this rate he's better off competing against his distance mentor, Kyle Berkshire, at long drive competitions instead of playing top caliber tour golf.  

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

2 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

Bryson's lust for more distance off the tee, and in general has taken a toll on his game.  If he dials the distance back to two or three years ago performance I would bet he hits more fairways and performs better.  At this rate he's better off competing against his distance mentor, Kyle Berkshire, at long drive competitions instead of playing top caliber tour golf.  

Maybe.  He did win the US Open with his approach and most folks said that was impossible.  He is trying to dominate the game by hitting it longer then anyone else.  What he is trying to do might be impossible but if he pulls it off...

1 minute ago, Nels55 said:

Maybe.  He did win the US Open with his approach and most folks said that was impossible.  He is trying to dominate the game by hitting it longer then anyone else.  What he is trying to do might be impossible but if he pulls it off...

Agreed.  Being accurate with a 5 degree driver is such a small margin for error.  Then again, Bryson is a US Amateur and US Open winner as well as a few other PGA Tour events.  That's says a lot more than I can ever be.  More power to DeChambeau.  

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

2 minutes ago, Nels55 said:

Bryson and Sexy Lexi going to be in the career ending physical therapy garbage heap by age 35.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

6 hours ago, Rodmike10 said:

Arnie slept with the club presidents’ wife, while Tiger was banging strippers. Arnie’s brand won’t tolerate information as such, in print, but it’s true. Arnie was a sex symbol and playboy, flying around his own jet. Yet, Tiger was ostracized by many for years (still is). 

I'd love to hear more about this!

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, TiScape said:

Using that Google thing you referenced, I found 3 sources that all say he earned his degree??? What’s the real deal?

From Wikipedia

DeChambeau was unable to defend his NCAA title in 2016 after the SMU athletic department was handed a postseason ban by the NCAA.[9]He decided to forgo his senior season to play in a number of events before turning professional

Never finished his senior year at college 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

More like a MLB player blaming his bat for not hitting more HRs. If Marucci could source better lumbar… 🙄

Marucci is my go-to for back support as well. 

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

On 7/16/2021 at 7:13 PM, Soloman1 said:

Nonsense. Just say you were mistaken and own up to it. It's easy to make mistakes when so much of the Internet is filled with mistakes.

People make mistakes all the time. I have, and I've admitted when I made a mistake or hadn't read something fully.

The truth is the damn truth. Bryson does not have a degree.

Here, I'll say it again: I don't care that the dropped out. I care that you yahoos are saying he has a degree in physics.

What's wrong with you people? Have you been drinking?

Jesus Christ, I thought that these guys knew what they were talking about when they said that he had a degree😂😂

I should've know better than to trust them and not verify it as fact myself, lolol

I am a f*ckin yahoo for not verifying it myself😜🤪

When I state something, I've checked and verified it to the point that I'm totally and 💯% confident in it's validity and correctness.

Am I ever wrong?

Yea, though very rarely

However yesterday was one of those rare times when I stated that Tiger's only mental coach was his Father, Earl.

That was incorrect!!

Jay Brunza, PhD, who also doubled as Tiger's caddie when he won 2 of his 3 USGA Boys' Amateur Titles and all 3 of his USGA Mens' Amateur Titles. Brunza was also on the bag in Tiger's 1 US Open and 2 Masters appearances as an Amateur. 

Many thanks to @tacklingdummy for assisting me in extracting from head from my *ss and classily pointing out the error of my statement😊

Hey, I'm human😉

Stay Well Brotha👊
RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24