Jump to content

Leaving a tee next to someone's ball...


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Actually though, I still haven’t heard an answer. Why can’t the cart be turned around at the tee?  Is there a 100’ drop off right off the edge, on both sides. Or is the path in a canyon with 100’ walls going straight up?  Or maybe a moat of man eating crocs?!  
 

Ir there is ANY solid ground, you can turn the cart around. No BS about messing up the grounds crew work. That doesn’t fly. 

I don't know why this particular point is so difficult for this forum to understand.

 

The course is stake to stake. You do not drive in the rough at your leisure, especially around tee boxes and greens. It's not the only course in the area with this policy.

  • Haha 1

Taylormade M2 - 10.5* (Open 1.5*) - Tour AD BB7x  

Taylormade M2 - 15* - Fujikura Motore F3 80 X-Stiff 81g  
Taylormade M2 - 19* - Tour AD DI 95 X-Stiff 99g  
Ping I20 (4 - GW) - KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 56.14 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 60.10 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, JJFWebster said:

Obviously I don't care to mention her name. My conversation was also not about what happened but how she could avoid it in the future. Giving the tee back clearly negated any productive conversation.

You hit into someone and have the nerve to have a conversation about how they can avoid it! Wow. 
 


Edit: deleted most because the guy doesn’t want opinions or solutions and already has his mind made up. 

Edited by StudentGolfer4
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, StudentGolfer4 said:

You hit into someone and have the nerve to have a conversation about how they can avoid it! Wow. 
 


Edit: deleted most because the guy doesn’t want opinions or solutions and already has his mind made up. 

Imagine sitting in a blind spot for nearly an entire tee time spacing, after already playing your 2nd shots in clear view, then acting surprised when a drive rolls near you, on a course where you're a member. I realize you likely have zero awareness on the golf course and go looking for your ball for 10 minutes in blind spots. It will not end well. But hey, good luck educating the players behind you with polite messages.

Edited by JJFWebster

Taylormade M2 - 10.5* (Open 1.5*) - Tour AD BB7x  

Taylormade M2 - 15* - Fujikura Motore F3 80 X-Stiff 81g  
Taylormade M2 - 19* - Tour AD DI 95 X-Stiff 99g  
Ping I20 (4 - GW) - KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 56.14 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 60.10 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JJFWebster said:

Imagine sitting in a blind spot for nearly an entire tee time spacing, after already playing your 2nd shots in clear view, then acting surprised when a drive rolls near you, on a course where you're a member. I realize you likely have zero awareness on the golf course and go looking for your ball for 10 minutes in blind spots. It will not end well. But hey, good luck educating the players behind you with polite messages.

If someone hits into me, there won't be a polite message, there won't be a ball there either.

  • Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JJFWebster said:

I don't know why this particular point is so difficult for this forum to understand.

 

The course is stake to stake. You do not drive in the rough at your leisure, especially around tee boxes and greens. It's not the only course in the area with this policy.

Maybe the forum can’t understand “stake to stake” because they’ve never heard of it. What the heck is it?  You can drive in the fairway but can’t pull off the path to turn around. Sure. 
 

I guess the bottom line is, when you’re blessed with that extraordinary length the onus is ALWAYS on you to be sure it’s clear ahead. Always. Such gifts come with such responsibility. 
 

And secondly, again I’ll ask, how do you know they changed the lie of your ball?  Ever going to answer?  You know, since that is what upset you so much. 

Edited by deadsolid...shank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP has failed to answer this simple and direct question several times...  "What was so annoying about someone pressing a tee against his ball?"

I asked because maybe it would help the board, that is 100% against him, to perhaps be more sympathetic to his plight.  He just refuses to answer.   I now know the OP is a total troll and is dead to me. 

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JJFWebster said:

Imagine sitting in a blind spot for nearly an entire tee time spacing, after already playing your 2nd shots in clear view, then acting surprised when a drive rolls near you, on a course where you're a member. I realize you likely have zero awareness on the golf course and go looking for your ball for 10 minutes in blind spots. It will not end well. But hey, good luck educating the players behind you with polite messages.

 

How do you know they weren't guests of a member??? Keep making excuses.. It's clearly working well for you... Not!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: T.B.D.

LW: T.B.D. 

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, JJFWebster said:

It isn't a local muni. You don't just pull into the rough beside the tee box. Turf team takes a lot of care in their work.

 

It's a minimum of 250 yards to drive to see the group if they have pulled under the hill. It's 300 if you are going to see the green and understand when they are playing 2nd shots (or 3rd shots in this case).

So the only alternative is to hit drives into the group ahead AND then get pissed when they call you out? 

 

I don't think the turf team will mind that much (unless you have had a lot of rain lately). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

If it’s stake to stake, how does the drink cart get by?

There is no drink cart. 

 

Out here having to explain stake to stake to a bunch of lemmings that can't even be bothered to use Google. This is the worst and you guys are the worst to ever do it. 

 

Posting for the 3rd time just to say DB? Is this grade school? The absolute worst of the worst.

 

Next time I'll try a FB car group.

 

  • Haha 1

Taylormade M2 - 10.5* (Open 1.5*) - Tour AD BB7x  

Taylormade M2 - 15* - Fujikura Motore F3 80 X-Stiff 81g  
Taylormade M2 - 19* - Tour AD DI 95 X-Stiff 99g  
Ping I20 (4 - GW) - KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 56.14 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 60.10 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

OP has failed to answer this simple and direct question several times...  "What was so annoying about someone pressing a tee against his ball?"

I asked because maybe it would help the board, that is 100% against him, to perhaps be more sympathetic to his plight.  He just refuses to answer.   I now know the OP is a total troll and is dead to me. 

 

That's bunter talk!

  • Haha 1

Callaway Mavrik 9 w/Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60g

Callaway Mavrik SZ 13.5 w/Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70g

Callaway 2019 Apex Pro 20 w/PX Catalyst 70

Ping G410 4-SW w/ DG S300

Titleist Vokey SM8 60/8 M

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i feel like this is too simple to discuss. since i'm not a bunter, i'll try to reach to your canadian understanding since you clearly have let the 'american' out. 

1) if you are a long hitter - it is your responsibility to MAKE POSITIVE there is no one infront of you while driving. kinda like..at a firing range making sure there's no one waltzing infront of the targets...(surely you can grasp this)

2) if you accidentally hit into someone ...ONE time in a round -- it is YOUR responsibility to apologize, and make amends for the ignorance of safety for the group ahead.
3) if you hit into a group, didn't KNOW you hit into a group, and they leave a friendly reminder with a tee; congrats -- they're still walking and you can drop/place the ball as you wish and proceed with your round. be sure to see point #2 the next time you see them. 


if you cannot do any of the things above, you should not be playing golf, are of danger to not only society, the golfing populous but also yourself. 

  • Like 4

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Diamana TB 70TX tipped 1.0"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 54, 60 / KBS Tour S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

A new word to add to the list of names I’ve been called here. 
 

Bunter.   I like it. 

i find it oddly gritty to my soul -- you can bunt, or have bunted...but, is there a profession or title that is a bunter? lol

 

  • Like 1

SiM2 9* (set 1 tick higher loft) / Tensei AV White RAW prototype 2.0 65TX tipped 1" playing 45"

SiM / Rocket 3w (set 1 tick higher loft) / Diamana TB 70TX tipped 1.0"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 54, 60 / KBS Tour S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

i feel like this is too simple to discuss. since i'm not a bunter, i'll try to reach to your canadian understanding since you clearly have let the 'american' out. 

1) if you are a long hitter - it is your responsibility to MAKE POSITIVE there is no one infront of you while driving. kinda like..at a firing range making sure there's no one waltzing infront of the targets...(surely you can grasp this)

2) if you accidentally hit into someone ...ONE time in a round -- it is YOUR responsibility to apologize, and make amends for the ignorance of safety for the group ahead.
3) if you hit into a group, didn't KNOW you hit into a group, and they leave a friendly reminder with a tee; congrats -- they're still walking and you can drop/place the ball as you wish and proceed with your round. be sure to see point #2 the next time you see them. 


if you cannot do any of the things above, you should not be playing golf, are of danger to not only society, the golfing populous but also yourself. 

I'll add #4--- If you are annoyed or offended that someone put a tee against your ball, then you should probably avoid WRX and seek professional psychological help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, JJFWebster said:

Well I'm at a bit of a loss here. Either I am annoying the group behind, driving out and back to check clearance or I am rolling into the group in front. Neither option seems great. He will be able to push for a bell or camera if we need it.

You could either annoy the group behind you or potentially kill someone in the group in front of you. The first option is cheaper. 

WITB
Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5*

Callaway Epic Speed Max 3+ 

Cobra RadSpeed 17* Hybrid

Mizuno Hot Metal Pro JPX21 4-GW

Titleist Vokey SM8- 54* and 58*

 

Custom Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 2:26 AM, JJFWebster said:

The ball was actually resting against the tee and moved when I pulled it out

So you removed the tee, and your ball moved. Assuming you're mad that you had to debate whether it was a loose impediment or movable obstruction? At the very least I sure hope you put the ball back otherwise you should have been hit with a 1 stroke penalty, and now you're DQ'd.

That's got to be it, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, ChipStrokes said:

this thread is the world’s worst advertisement for Priddis Greens

 

1. the OP is a member 

2. there’s no drink cart

3. “stake to stake”?

4. clint eastwood is the superintendent 

image.gif.a664934beb89f988b00d869f44f69e1e.gif

5. the OP is a member 

6. There is at least 1 member like @ChipStrokesthat spends 15 minutes fishing water-logged golf balls out of the hazard, only to get upset when the group behind rolls a ball within 30 yards of his ball retriever.

Edited by JJFWebster

Taylormade M2 - 10.5* (Open 1.5*) - Tour AD BB7x  

Taylormade M2 - 15* - Fujikura Motore F3 80 X-Stiff 81g  
Taylormade M2 - 19* - Tour AD DI 95 X-Stiff 99g  
Ping I20 (4 - GW) - KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 56.14 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 60.10 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

 Assuming you're mad that you had to debate whether it was a loose impediment or movable obstruction? At the very least I sure hope you put the ball back otherwise you should have been hit with a 1 stroke penalty, and now you're DQ'd.

That's got to be it, right?

 

I'd suggest there is no penalty as the ball was acted upon by an outside influence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easiest solution is to simply not touch someone else's golf ball if they have accidently hit it near you. It is a difficult concept for some of these people that get through life using passive aggression as their primary means of communication.

  • Sad 2

Taylormade M2 - 10.5* (Open 1.5*) - Tour AD BB7x  

Taylormade M2 - 15* - Fujikura Motore F3 80 X-Stiff 81g  
Taylormade M2 - 19* - Tour AD DI 95 X-Stiff 99g  
Ping I20 (4 - GW) - KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 56.14 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 60.10 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JJFWebster said:

Easiest solution is to simply not touch someone else's golf ball if they have accidently hit it near you. It is a difficult concept for some of these people that get through life using passive aggression as their primary means of communication.

 

Oh the irony....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 100 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...