Anyone hit the Epon AF-506?

Barfolomew

They are really nice clubs, and look/feel a bit better than the 505 to me. Could just be in my head though. I'd say they perform on par with most other recent OEM releases, except maybe the Apex. That one is hard to beat.  But, they definitely feel way better. Similar could be the Miura Pi401, but I like the 506 a bit more. Ball speed is great with either. 

Now whether the slightly better look and feel is worth twice the price of almost any other head produced... not so sure. 

• Thanks 1

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour

On 7/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, seth514 said:

They are really nice clubs, and look/feel a bit better than the 505 to me. Could just be in my head though. I'd say they perform on par with most other recent OEM releases, except maybe the Apex. That one is hard to beat.  But, they definitely feel way better. Similar could be the Miura Pi401, but I like the 506 a bit more. Ball speed is great with either. 

Now whether the slightly better look and feel is worth twice the price of almost any other head produced... not so sure. 

The price is very high.... BUT they would be used for several years at least.... been using my Kuros for years now.  and I've got a bunch of golf and softball gear I'm laggin on selling and if I got off my butt and sold em I would have more then enough to cover em lol plus you could prob sell em in a few years if wanted to..... or not still got my Mp-14s and 302's haha

I do try and buy used but might take a minute for these puppies to show up used....

Can't figure how to like my own posts

• 2 weeks later...

Been gaming the 706 but have Been borrowing the 506 demos and easy to fall in Love with. 

they are better and more forgiving than the 505 for sure. I should have my 506 in a few weeks. Will write a review once i have them.  

• Thanks 1

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

On 8/4/2021 at 7:16 AM, Spoon said:

Been gaming the 706 but have Been borrowing the 506 demos and easy to fall in Love with. 

they are better and more forgiving than the 505 for sure. I should have my 506 in a few weeks. Will write a review once i have them.  

Nice to hear! Please let us know about your new 506’s...... congrats I bet they’re sweet! 

Im surprised not more are jumping on these they have to be some of the nicest clubs on the market... yeah they’re pricey but how many of us golf crack heads have a bunch of clubs layin around doing nothin we could unload to pay for em lol 💪😝💪

3 hours ago, Barfolomew said:

Nice to hear! Please let us know about your new 506’s...... congrats I bet they’re sweet! 

Im surprised not more are jumping on these they have to be some of the nicest clubs on the market... yeah they’re pricey but how many of us golf crack heads have a bunch of clubs layin around doing nothin we could unload to pay for em lol 💪😝💪

The 506 is amazing he feel is so much better than the 706 with a lower Trajectory snd that buttery solid feel weve come to Love from 1 piece forgings. 

the 706 are cheater easy clubs and the 506 are Not far behind. Clearly more forgiving than the 503/505 epon models. 

im surprised as well that there is Not much talk about these Stellar clubs. 

2880CBA2-2E99-467D-8F80-FF4D6F7979D4.jpeg

• Like 2

Tad Moore handmade blade 

• 1 month later...

So I recently purchased a new set of Epon AF-506 irons with NSPRO NEO shafts and Epon/iomic sticky 1.8 grips. My previous set was the Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons with NSPRO 950 GH HT shafts. Before buying the Epon’s I tried Srixon Zx5, T300, P790, Mizuno JPX921 forged and MCC, Miura CB301, Apex21 and DCB, over the course of the last 4 months. I loved the soft forged feeling of my Mizuno JPX900 but was looking for something slightly higher launch, better turf interaction, higher spin, and little more forgiveness without giving up that soft forged feeling.. I was narrowing my choices down to the Srixon zx5 and Miura cb301. Told myself I wouldn’t change irons and spend the money for a new set unless I was blown away and in love with them. The miura felt amazing, definitely lives up to the hype on their unique soft yet tight feeling but.. didn’t have quite the forgiveness I was looking for. Felt I needed to be a little bit better ball striker. I was really trying to convince myself the CB301’s were for me. The Srixon zx5 had the little more forgiveness, and vt sole I was looking for however the feel and sound off the face just wasn’t that pleasant to me given that its a multi piece forged. The spin numbers were not the greatest for me either. Side not the new p790 were nice but just super low spin for me and don’t think I could stick the greens as I would like. I also didn’t like the stock OEM shaft options for the Srixon and others. Telling these experiences to my golf friend he suggested I try Epon. He said the feeling is soft and quality is top notch but just a little expensive like the Miura brand. I did my research and found their background Endo forging very interesting and decided to go demo them. I must admit going in wasn’t expecting much and wasn’t even a huge fan of the look of the 506’s at first as I thought it looked a little more on the industrial look. But to my surprise as soon as I demoed it, within about 5 strikes I was absolutely blown away. The feel was softer than my mizuno, not quite as that rewarding as the miura but a very close 2nd. Was very forgiving compared to both the jpx900 and cb301, had good turf interaction like the Srixon, launch, shot shape/accuracy, and spin were also much better. Didn’t do a full fitting process either, just the shaft and swing weight. The lofts are identical to my JPX900 which was nice, however I am now 1 club longer. I just ordered the AW506 50 degree and a 52 degree Epon tour wedge s with modus 115 shaft and threw out my sm8 vokey 52. My best score previously was 84. My first round last week with them I shot an 81. I literally can’t say enough about my new irons. Absolutely love them and will not be changing anytime in the foreseeable future. Please don’t take my word for it and just go demo Epon. 2 of my friends also already got 706 Epon iron sets after trying mine and then going into a fitting. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, K-Hook said:

So I recently purchased a new set of Epon AF-506 irons with NSPRO NEO shafts and Epon/iomic sticky 1.8 grips. My previous set was the Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons with NSPRO 950 GH HT shafts. Before buying the Epon’s I tried Srixon Zx5, T300, P790, Mizuno JPX921 forged and MCC, Miura CB301, Apex21 and DCB, over the course of the last 4 months. I loved the soft forged feeling of my Mizuno JPX900 but was looking for something slightly higher launch, better turf interaction, higher spin, and little more forgiveness without giving up that soft forged feeling.. I was narrowing my choices down to the Srixon zx5 and Miura cb301. Told myself I wouldn’t change irons and spend the money for a new set unless I was blown away and in love with them. The miura felt amazing, definitely lives up to the hype on their unique soft yet tight feeling but.. didn’t have quite the forgiveness I was looking for. Felt I needed to be a little bit better ball striker. I was really trying to convince myself the CB301’s were for me. The Srixon zx5 had the little more forgiveness, and vt sole I was looking for however the feel and sound off the face just wasn’t that pleasant to me given that its a multi piece forged. The spin numbers were not the greatest for me either. Side not the new p790 were nice but just super low spin for me and don’t think I could stick the greens as I would like. I also didn’t like the stock OEM shaft options for the Srixon and others. Telling these experiences to my golf friend he suggested I try Epon. He said the feeling is soft and quality is top notch but just a little expensive like the Miura brand. I did my research and found their background Endo forging very interesting and decided to go demo them. I must admit going in wasn’t expecting much and wasn’t even a huge fan of the look of the 506’s at first as I thought it looked a little more on the industrial look. But to my surprise as soon as I demoed it, within about 5 strikes I was absolutely blown away. The feel was softer than my mizuno, not quite as that rewarding as the miura but a very close 2nd. Was very forgiving compared to both the jpx900 and cb301, had good turf interaction like the Srixon, launch, shot shape/accuracy, and spin were also much better. Didn’t do a full fitting process either, just the shaft and swing weight. The lofts are identical to my JPX900 which was nice, however I am now 1 club longer. I just ordered the AW506 50 degree and a 52 degree Epon tour wedge s with modus 115 shaft and threw out my sm8 vokey 52. My best score previously was 84. My first round last week with them I shot an 81. I literally can’t say enough about my new irons. Absolutely love them and will not be changing anytime in the foreseeable future. Please don’t take my word for it and just go demo Epon. 2 of my friends also already got 706 Epon iron sets after trying mine and then going into a fitting. Cheers!

That's awesome to hear and great write up! Crazy you shot 81 with your first round... Once you get dialed in with them that 79 is lurking lol

That's exactly what I thought they would be..... I gamed the 302s and they were so nice.  You figure Epon has made so many great clubs for other companies that they get to learn from other companies ideas and add it to their knowledge. They are metal workers as well as designers and do not need to compromise.  I know if I hit these next to any other clubs they would be at the top.  Ian of TXG loved them and kept referring to the expensive price and so not for many. 

I think if you love em they are not expensive cause you could easily blow thousands $$ trying to search for your favorite clubs and still not be totally satisfied,  If you got plenty of cash this doesn't apply to you but for the rest of us we wanna make sure, but I've learned through my hobbies that you'll try and cut corners but end up getting the good one in the long run and coulda saved all that money just getting the good one right away and enjoyed better performance.....specially if they are in the bag for years.  just had this convo with my neighbor cause he just got the "good" bumper for his dune buggy and cost him like $7k lol.... makes golf seem cheap lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barfolomew said:

That's awesome to hear and great write up! Crazy you shot 81 with your first round... Once you get dialed in with them that 79 is lurking lol

That's exactly what I thought they would be..... I gamed the 302s and they were so nice.  You figure Epon has made so many great clubs for other companies that they get to learn from other companies ideas and add it to their knowledge. They are metal workers as well as designers and do not need to compromise.  I know if I hit these next to any other clubs they would be at the top.  Ian of TXG loved them and kept referring to the expensive price and so not for many. 

I think if you love em they are not expensive cause you could easily blow thousands $$ trying to search for your favorite clubs and still not be totally satisfied,  If you got plenty of cash this doesn't apply to you but for the rest of us we wanna make sure, but I've learned through my hobbies that you'll try and cut corners but end up getting the good one in the long run and coulda saved all that money just getting the good one right away and enjoyed better performance.....specially if they are in the bag for years.  just had this convo with my neighbor cause he just got the "good" bumper for his dune buggy and cost him like $7k lol.... makes golf seem cheap lol

Absolutely agree! I am American living and working in Bangkok, Thailand for the past 8 years. Just started getting into golf more seriously as a hobby the last year. Here JDM clubs and brands are more easily accessible and popular along with of course your big marketed brands TaylorMade, Titleist, Mizuno, Callaway, etc. But I think if you do your research on some of the JDM brands like Epon and Miura you see the much better quality control and attention to detail. Hate to say it as an American but we are often very closed minded and think just because the tour players are playing big marketed brands that that's automatically the best route to follow without even knowing that many of the top tour player irons are actually Endo or Miura forged with their logo slapped on it but they are getting paid millions to play their brand clubs. Also the big brands have a certain budget when they reach out to Endo or other forging companies to create their clubs/models so they can reap maximum profit and release new models every year or two. Kind of like buying smart phones in a way. But Epon doesn't have those restrictions and want to make the best possible product they can and won't release a new model until they feel it has really improved on its predecessor.

So back on your point I think its definitely worth paying the extra money to get a product that is more tailored towards you and that you will keep in the bag for many many years with confidence and not so worried about the next brand that comes out worrying if you need to upgrade. Like I said out here my fitter got me a bit of a discount as his shop is a authorized Epon dealer but I got everything brand new for just about 100 bucks more than a new set of TM P790. Like I said I don't like that some of the brands have OEM shaft options that don't necessarily fit you and the quality is a bit lower. I love Epon and Miura's approach that they sell the heads separate to really allow the personalization and build with premium aftermarket shafts, grips, etc. and not handcuffed to regular OEM stuff. In fact its actually cheaper than buying a big marketed brand iron and then later taking that iron to a fitter to change the shaft or grip to your specs.

I know everyone has their own preferences on brands and what fits them but I highly encourage to just go out and try some of the JDM's and see the quality and attention to detail not to mention their much better forging and feel. You know the saying nothing feels like a Mizuno (and I was in that category/mindset) but my Epon's feel wayyyy better than my Mizunos and perform better. Miura also feel better. I couldn't be happier with my new 506's and don't even look at the others not he shelfs when walking through the golf shops or plazas. I also watched the TXG review before trying and buying mine, I 110% agree with all their comments and experience with them. It's like comparing a Nissan GTR or Acura NSX vs. Ford Mustang or Chevy Camerro lol.

Yeah I hope I can break 80 soon with these in the bag. I also can't wait to get the Epon 52 tour wedge s and the 506aw in the bag. They should arrive end of the month!

• Like 1

i have about 8 rounds under my belt with he 506, Coming from the 706. im about a club short vs the 706

but thats expected bec of the lofts. im enjoying the punchy solid hits of the 506 much more. i originally

had ns neo950 and that was such a joy to behold, feel was amazing except it was a little loose at times

for me.

I recently shafted my clubs with MMT105 and wow i really love them, suits my swing more and am able

to fully enjoy the 506. Such an amazing powerful combo. 

• Like 1

Tad Moore handmade blade 

I've owned several JDM Drivers and all of them were pretty special and actually performed better than 90% of all the other OEM drivers. Never owned any of their irons but if I were in the market and if they were more easily accessible I would get a set of  Epon's. My Srixon ZX5's are endo forged and they feel pretty soft. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 2 weeks later...

I used to game the Epon 505s and they looked nice but were not special in any way...i found them a bit short and a bit clicky......just got in a set of Epon 706 and i like them, they feel a lot like the 505s but are wayyyyy longer ..................Ill keep my eyes out for the 506, as my next purchase....But hahaha i already got a backup set of 706s on the way in black

Are those two ‘torx’ head screws in each head?! 🤪 Definitely not gonna win and beauty pageants! Sound like performers though. Unfortunate they look so bad. To me anyway. I know some ppl don’t care how their irons look if they perform. That said, I’d definitely like to give em a try based on the reviews. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 11:42 AM, TiScape said:

Are those two ‘torx’ head screws in each head?! 🤪 Definitely not gonna win and beauty pageants! Sound like performers though. Unfortunate they look so bad. To me anyway. I know some ppl don’t care how their irons look if they perform. That said, I’d definitely like to give em a try based on the reviews. 

I think they look fine.... I noticed those screws and wondered why they used them.  But I noticed they were also used on the previous generation so makes me feel better cause means they really like them there if they made onto the new design.... Cause Epon doesnt skimp lol

If you hit them and really liked them would you not use them cause you dont like looks??

1 hour ago, Barfolomew said:

I think they look fine.... I noticed those screws and wondered why they used them.  But I noticed they were also used on the previous generation so makes me feel better cause means they really like them there if they made onto the new design.... Cause Epon doesnt skimp lol

If you hit them and really liked them would you not use them cause you dont like looks??

I’d use em and get over it. I know Epon’s stuff is top notch. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, puresurfr said:

I used to game the Epon 505s and they looked nice but were not special in any way...i found them a bit short and a bit clicky......just got in a set of Epon 706 and i like them, they feel a lot like the 505s but are wayyyyy longer ..................Ill keep my eyes out for the 506, as my next purchase....But hahaha i already got a backup set of 706s on the way in black

Where'd you find them in black? 

What are headsize comparables in popular domestic irons to the epon 506/706?

I agree, at first glance I wasn't a huge fan of the industrial type look to them with the screws in the back but now that I have the 506's they have actually grown on me look wise and I think they look really nice. They are definitely unique and a head turner out on the course or in the bag, and the performance you get from em is unquestionable. Still amazed how well these perform and I am not a brand loyalist, I'll play whatever works/fits the best in that category. I even sold my vokey and mizuno es21 wedges and added the Epon tour wedge type S 52, 56, 60 in the bag recently because of the feeling and performance. 

The 505 black were a limited release. They also did the 705's in blue. The 706 head is quite a bit bigger than the 506. My friend owns the 706's. Super forgiving and hot off the face but im not a fan of the weaker lofts and not 1 piece forged head. The feeling while still good just not the same feedback or soft feel as the 506's