2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ryder Cup - Do we even have a chance?

caeye0710

1 hour ago, MattyO1984 said:

Oh and keep telling your stories @Forged4ever, I and many others love them and the insight that they provide.

For what it’s worth, the US Team are going to kick our butt in September. Of that, I am sure.

I’m not saying he can’t tell his stories, I’m just stating that I don’t believe them. That’s just one guys observation. It’s okay to not believe everything you read on the internet, and this is one of the times that I don’t. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/23/2021 at 7:47 PM, getitdaily said:

1. Morikawa

2. DJ

3. Bryson "The Scientist" DeChambeau

4. Brooksy

5. JT

6. Xander

7. Reed

8. Spieth

9. Harris English's putter

10. Catlay's ballstriking 

11. Sheffler 

12. Finau's no putting butt

No phil! If phil gets picked then the US loses. No zalatoris. Next time, not yet. I like Berger only because he and brooks would pair up perfectly. Hard to leave off Simpson's all around game. But he's also only 4-4-1 in ryder cups. 

I take finau because he may be the best to pair with bryson.

I'm good with that team except I'm taking Kokrak over Finau.

Just now, getitdaily said:

Nothing seems to bother finau. Morikawa could be another one to pair with dechambeau. Just not sure some of the other guys would match up, personality-wise.

Maybe spieth/dechambeau could be good. 

Kokrak can be paired with anyone and is actually playing well unlike Finau's up and down year.  These guys can all play together just fine whether they like each other or not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

I'

Nope, every single one is spot on, and the details come from over 300+ notebooks similar to the soft subject notebooks that are used in HS, that I started keeping in 1985 the year prior winning my first club as my Teacher told me to keep a detailed log of my practice routines and competitive rounds. That turned into basically a diary a few years later that I kept up through my last season prior to my first health issues, then it became a social diary. Madison and my former BB Partner had them bound and gifted them to me for my 50th Birthday. There are many that will never see the light of day or this board. If I'm off, Madison has and will correct me. If you or any others choose to not believe them, that's fine, to each their own. 

Thanks for responding,

RP

So how do you know Patrick reed? All you stated was that you “know him a lil” and were at dinner with him at the last Ryder cup. And you also seem to “know” every other tour pro. I’m just not buying it buddy. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

You are way out of line and spoiling for a fight you aren’t going to get. 

it isn’t out of line to question things. I didn’t say anything derogatory. I just genuinely didn’t believe him, but his explanation of things makes it make more sense to me. I wasn’t trying to start a fight, honestly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

That is fine if you do not believe me, though it was not AT the last Ryder Cup, it was prior to it, as initially it was actually through Maddie who had met and befriended Justine and the relationship started at Oakmont at the Open, though the dinner that I spoke of earlier was in Houston, not Pittsburgh, about a month later. As far as knowing "every tour pro," no, not close, though through my Teacher of 32+ years, the only Teacher and older Bro of one of the most Iconic Players of All-Time, in combination with belonging to and being a 4-Time Club Champion of what's considered one of the top-2 "Players' Clubs" in town, behind only Oakmont, along with winning what was at the time the biggest Inter Club MP event in Western Pennsylvania(bag tag pictured below, trophy in avatar) along with being integrally involved in the golf side(Past Chair or CoChair of virtually every golf committee at the club along with having Co-Chaired committees along with my Oakmont counterpart at ALL of the Majors at Oakmont from The 1983 US Open(committee member) through the 2010 US Women's Open(Committee Co-Chair), prior to my health issues.

The fact that my father was considered a world-class surgeon and was Chief, Renal Transplant Services, 1974-1998, at Presbyterian University Hospital, University of Pittsburgh, when they were unarguably, indisputably and unequivocally, THE premier renal and general transplant program on planet earth, until they disbanded the band after a 24 year run when it's Director of the Transplant Program, Thomas Starzl, MD, retired, as my Father and the other Service Chiefs went their own ways, most, going to other Teaching Institutions , though my Father stayed in Pittsburgh and concentrated on his second "love" if you will, surgically eradicating bladder/prostate cancer for next 21 years, didn't hurt my exposure to prominent individuals.

From the sports world to corporate America to the entertainment/music industry, which is ironically how I met Mr. Palmer, who was referred to my Father, though Madison had met and knew him prior to my meeting him as she met him through our Teacher, Pete Snead. Yep, the story about us waiting alone in my father's office for my father to come over from the hospital following surgery to see Mr. Palmer is true too, lol. He was in his golf shirt, boxers and socks when he heard me in my father's carpeted hall hitting putts as he kept 3-4 putters in his office along with a lil incline ashtray/cup, lol. He asked me if indeed my mother had left(my mother helped out at the front desk and my father scheduled Mr. Palmer on an "off" office day for the obvious reasons and my mother did leave after I arrived). He threw his loafers on, chose the Bobby Locke Salenger blade, I the 8802, and we pitted for about 15-20 minutes till my father arrived.

It was also Madison who got Mr. Palmer's signature on my Gamer 8802(pictured) a week prior to his passing while we both were inpatient at Shadyside Hospital, he on my father's service, while I was one floor up on the cancer service. So, between Pete, my father & Madison(Michelle Wei and Stacy Lewis were ALL Maddie & Patrick was initially through Madison, lol), combined with my personality, well, it's been a hell of a ride, a ride that I sureTF wouldn't have ever even fantasized about nor ever believed if someone had told me then what my future experiences would be, lol

That said, I fully understand someone that doesn't know me, my family, Madison or our back grounds saying "WTF" and "You're full of sh*t," so it's no biggy. I get it and am good with it. I appreciate you being a gentleman non-believer l👊

However, for the sake of the rest of the guys in the thread, some who may believe me while others may not, and I fully understand that you ain't buyin it, so let's let it lay & let the thread get back to its topic, well at least until I come spinning around the corner and off the rails with another rant😂😂🤪

Fairways Greens & Fair Skies 4ever buddy
RP

F62883A9-50DC-48E0-AA79-EE972A9D4D55.jpeg

93156242-8E05-455A-808F-620D2C84EAFD.jpeg

it definitely makes more sense now. Thanks for taking the time to explain respectfully! Hopefully I didn’t offend you, my first instinct is skeptical sometimes. That was an interesting read and sounds like you’ve had a lot of good experiences! 

• Thanks 1

Richard, the way you handled what honestly felt to me like an unwarranted attack on your character, is beyond commendable. You took the time and effort to write that long post explaining yourself to someone that IMO deserved none of it. I commend you on your class and grace. Thanks for showing us that the high road is typically not the easiest one to take, but most often the right one. Cheers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

Richard, the way you handled what honestly felt to me like an unwarranted attack on your character, is beyond commendable. You took the time and effort to write that long post explaining yourself to someone that IMO deserved none of it. I commend you on your class and grace. Thanks for showing us that the high road is typically not the easiest one to take, but most often the right one. Cheers. 

Questioning a stranger on the internet about something isn’t attacking their character. I literally don’t know him. The only thing I had to go by was how I perceived his forum posts. It isn’t that serious my man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

You literally accuse him of lying in this post. Calling someone a liar is 100% attacking their character. Period my man. 

So you think anyone should be able to say anything they want and no one shouldn’t be able to question it because it’s “attacking them”? Yikes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, butterysnaphook said:

So you think anyone should be able to say anything they want and no one shouldn’t be able to question it because it’s “attacking them”? Yikes. 

It was not questioning, it was a baseless accusation and then repeated and yes, personally directed.   Please don’t try and defend it, it doesn’t go well with the apology most would like to hope is sincere. 

So ……. moving on …….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TiScape said:

You literally accuse him of lying in this post. Calling someone a liar is 100% attacking their character. Period my man. 

8 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

It was not questioning, it was a baseless accusation and then repeated and yes, personally directed.

Highly offended and was going to post to that effect last night, but opted to wait. Pleased to see the two posts (and Richard's response) above.

As you both noted, baseless accusing and calling someone (unknown to you) a liar has got to be against forum rules. I hope the moderators have been observing.

Yes, the USA does have a chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, butterysnaphook said:

First, I deeply appreciate @Hawkeye77's, @TiScape's and @dosman's comments and posts! Thank you all very much👊

Secondly, as I stated earlier, I have no problem with BSH's comments/posts as he stated his case, reasoning and opinion in a mature gentlemanly manner, to which I attempted to respond in kind. His thoughts aside, I absolutely agree with him that we should be able to question or comment to someone regarding their Truthfulness and integrity if we in our hearts doubt them, as long as it is done in a mature adult like manner, which, at least from my view, BSH did.

That said, I think that the mod's have done a superb job, not only in this thread however all over he board. Being a Mod in other forums, with none obviously being the size of WRX, though in the 40k-70k range, and the most difficult part is deciding if and when to step in. 

Look, the bottom line is that I am a strong willed personality(real world or virtual, lol), I'm out front when I have something to say, and if someone chooses not to believe me, so be it, as long as they don't cross the line to nastiness when expressing their belief.. It's one thing to call someone out from behind a keyboard & screen protected by the safety & anonymity of a fictitious avatar and fake UN, however it's a totally different game to get nasty and personal while doing it, which BSH did not do.

My thoughts are, if I cannot read, digest and respond to BSH's views and posts, or anyone else for that matter, with a clear head and direct truthful answer(I'm working on short and concise😂🤪😂), whether I am believed or not, I have absolutely no business being on this or any other board. I do not need, nor would I expect, a Mod to intercede as long as no one crossed the line, which BSH most certainly did not. 

In ending, @SamboRoll, your post above me had me LMAO😂😂

Very Nicely Played🤙

Thanks Brotha, I needed that👊

Regarding the USA, I would love to lose my bet and have them win, and as Dos stated, the US absolutely has a chance and "on paper," they should defeat the Euros easily and by a AT LEAST a few points. I just believe that old wounds, ESPECIALLY mental wounds, die hard!! Especially when senior Leadership

is nonexistent!

Stay Well My Friends🍻

RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 3

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

On 7/20/2021 at 7:16 AM, smashdn said:

Not sure how many are going to pick that up.

Well, is Stricker Nurse Ratched or RP McMurphy?

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

On 7/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, butterysnaphook said:

I’m not saying he can’t tell his stories, I’m just stating that I don’t believe them. That’s just one guys observation. It’s okay to not believe everything you read on the internet, and this is one of the times that I don’t. 

Tiger said to tell you you shouldn’t be such a skeptic. He said it’s bad for your handicap so, if I were you, I’d listen. 

🤣

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, dosman said:

@Forged4ever Nice to see you still know how to hit a "shawndale"!

😂😂🤙

Yessir, I had a World Class Teacher, actually Three🤣😂

If I'm lyin, I'm dyin Brotha😜👊

Have a Great Weekend🍻

RP

• Like 3

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

7 minutes ago, Forged4ever said:

If I'm lyin, I'm dyin Brotha😜👊

Never get in trouble with truth. Was going to post the link to that thread, now coming up on a couple years back. Figured the curious would have a look.

When you mentioned Tommy Armour as the likely original source, I thought "all righty then ... the man knows". Wonder how Armour would have pronounced it? Anyway, that was a great shawndale.

Cheers

• Like 3