2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ryder Cup - Do we even have a chance?

caeye0710

Just now, Duct Tape said:

All of a sudden Cantlay, often accused of being boring, has become entertaining? 

Sinking 20 foot clutch putts under pressure is very entertaining, to me anyway.  

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

“I have a great team,” Harrington said. “I have a great team of ball-strikers — probably the best team of ball-strikers Europe have ever sent out in a Ryder Cup … They’re good enough to deliver”

With all due respect to Paddy, who's always been a superb ball Striker, though he should know this better than most cuz it's where he struggled at times~

It comes to to makin putts

Those who make em, win😉

The two final nails in the US's coffin⚰️???

Ian & Sergio🤙

Cheers🍻

RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 3

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Odds on the US winning the rider cup are in the -150 range, so if you REALLY think that the US has no chance then you can make a fortune. Unfortunately it's not so simple.

I think the US will win it.

1. USA has better a better squad when you look at individual players.

2. The fans are going to be off the chain and will get into the heads of these Euro players who are used to playing an aristocrat game in their home countries where the worst offense they can imagine is improper grammar.

3. If TW shows up then it will swing several points toward the US in rallying our side. TW on the battlefield is worth forty thousand men.

Edited by tw_focus

49 minutes ago, Chanceman said:

Who among you would pick Daniel Berger ahead of World Matchplay Champion and new Euro PGA Champion Billy Horschel and why? 

Most everyone if you actually take the time to look at the real numbers/facts it was an easy decision to take Berger over Horschel. Horschel winning at Wentworth is irrelevant to this RC discussion. The US RC captains picks were announced on Wednesday 9/8 after the US RC qualification period ended at the Tour Championship. It was completed before the Wentworth event even started. As for the RC team BH's Wentworth finish is no bueno.

The fact is over the course of the 2021 PGA Tour schedule Berger played much better than BH. It can't be argued. They both won 1 PGA Tour event in 2021. Berger had a much better year results wise that BH did. Berger finished 12th in the RC point standings. BH was 17th. Even after BH win this weekend he is still ranked lower in the OWGR than Berger. 

When the Tour Championship ended Berger has 1 win and 10 top ten finishes on the PGA Tour in 2021. Two top 10's at the US Open and Open Championship. Horschel had 1 win on the PGA Tour and 4 top 10 finishes on the PGA Tour. None of them in a major. His best major finish was T23. 

Prior to the Tour Championship Horschel had a best finish on T17 on the PGA Tour after his WGC Match Play win. Look at his results after his win until the Tour Championship. Not good by any measurement.

After his win at Pebble Berger had 6 top 10 finishes including two majors in which he finished T7 and T8. Easy choice to take Berger when facts are included and not a knee jerk reaction.

http://www.owgr.com/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=17606&year=2021 Berger

http://www.owgr.com/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=11276&year=2021 Horschel

Edited by grm24
  • Like 3

As far as any perceived home course advantage, and the effect of all of these supposedly uber insane US fans, at least this century, over the past almost 20 years(19+), the Euros have won twice out of four attempts on US soil, at Oakland Hills & Medinah, while the US has not won a single time when crossing the pond, goin ZERO FOR FOUR!!

Hell, they've only won 2 times in 9 matches this century🤷🏻‍♂️

Based on past performance, all that those idiot US fans succeeded in doin, according to both the record book and the Euro Players' comments afterwards, was to piss them off and unite them even more as it went from just givin a beatdown to the 12 Americanos to beatin down an entire nation, lolol

Yah, that US "13th man" has been killer😂😂

Regarding TW showing up being worth "several points," yada yada yada???

Look, I love Tiger as a Player and competitor however in the Ryder Cup, he was barely worth his own weight, much less "several points," and he has never done sh*t as far as motivating or leading his teammates to do anything more than underperform in his presence😂😂

Along with Tiger's ability and performance never really transferring to the Ryder Cup stage as a Player, as a motivational force and leader, well, his performance has been nothing short of abysmal. Other than basically standing in the gallery, or sitting in front of his locker with his head down, whichever brings a more graphic visualization of an invisible man to your mind, while Phil basically single handedly tore a team apart, Tiger has never had a positive, rally the troops, win one for the Gip effect on his teammates as a Player😂😂.

As a non-Playin non-swingin gimp gaited observer???

On a "battlefield???"

It's a friggin game Played on a country club track😂😂

Whats next, Tiger's gonna rally the "warriors"😂😂???

Care to lay $500 on Tiger & the Boys?

As always, just my .03 worth😊

All the Best👊
RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 3

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

8 minutes ago, Forged4ever said:

As far as any perceived home course advantage, and the effect of all of these supposedly uber insane US fans, at least this century, over the past almost 20 years(19+ years), the Euros have won twice out of four attempts on US soil, at Oakland Hills & Medinah, while the US has not won a single time when crossing the pond, goin ZERO FOR FOUR!!

Based on past performance, all that those idiot US fans succeeded in doin, according to both the record book and the Euro Players' comments afterwards was to piss them off and unite them even more as it went from just givin a beatdown to the 12 Americanos to beatin down a nation, lolol

Regarding TW, showing up being worth "several points," yada yada yada???

Look, I love Tiger as a Player and competitor however in the Ryder Cup, he was barely worth his own weight, much less "several points," and he has never done sh*t as far as motivating or leading his teammates to do anything more than underperform in his presence.😂😂

Along with Tiger's ability and performance never really transferring to the Ryder Cup stage as a Player, as a motivational force and leader, well, his performance has been nothing short of abysmal. Other than basically standing in the gallery, or sitting in front of his locker, whichever brings a more graphic visualization of an invisible man to your mind, while Phil basically single handedly tore a team apart, Tiger has never had a positive, rally the troops, win one for the Gip effect on his teammates as a Player😂😂.

On a "battlefield???"

It's a friggin game Played on a country club golf course😂😂

All the Best👊
RP

Keep these posts up and us Euro's will think we have a chance

• Haha 2

Ping G425 LST 9*

Cobra LTDx LS 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Ping G425 Crossover 3

Ping I500 5-PW

Ping I210 UW

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

Odyssey OG Rossie "Rahm"

In one of life's many and frequent ironies, the unhinged screaming and hooting that most of us decry is endemic to the US Tour which most (all?) of the European players are well familiar with.

Any rubbish about 'home soil for the Americans' or, even worse the 'fired-up crowd' will be just that since it will be another day at the office for both sides.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

Venturing a guess... and judging from the recent Solheim failures,  if we can learn how to play with a team mentality during the partnered matches, and if we putt well, then we should do well. If not, it will just be another disappointment for the USA players and fans.

The Solheim was crazy to me. I understand the notion of trying to "hype up the fans on American soil", but I was utterly confused on the fist pumping and arm waving after an American player hit a shot inside of 10-feet only to miss the putt (I'm sure there may have been a few I missed where they drained it). 

• Like 3

TW's presence will absolutely put the US over the top, I don't know how you can claim otherwise. First of all, if he DOES show up, it will be with some flair / gimmick. Like they will pull everyone together and have TW on Zoom, then his internet will "go down", then he will walk in the room! And he'll look BDC and BK in the eye and say "You don't have to be friends. Eisenhower and Patton weren't friends. But they put aside their differences and worked together toward a common goal. Now is not the time for bickering, it is the time to win!".

And then he'll be mostly out of the spotlight for the tournament but he will be watching somewhere quietly on-site, probably give a TV interview or two, and word will get out among the fans. "TW is here". Tiger chants will erupt (especially when Sergio is within earshot). It will turn up the fan presence to an 11.

You Euros are sounding awfully confident.  Maybe too confident?  I mean there will be no Tiger, no Phil, no Patrick Reed.  You've counted on them losing in the team matches in the recent past, but you won't have those guaranteed victories this time around.  Your boys will actually have to work to win this time around.  

Sure, you have John Rahm and...well, that's pretty much it, isn't it, in terms of recent tournament winners (I guess there's Hovlund, but he hardly faced world class competition, did he)?  I mean even Billy Ho managed to beat all your guys this week and he's not even good enough to make the US team.  😮

So don't count your birdies before they hatch, boys.  There's a reason they play the matches.  🙂

14 minutes ago, ShowMe said:

You Euros are sounding awfully confident.  Maybe too confident?  I mean there will be no Tiger, no Phil, no Patrick Reed.  You've counted on them losing in the team matches in the recent past, but you won't have those guaranteed victories this time around.  Your boys will actually have to work to win this time around.  

Sure, you have John Rahm and...well, that's pretty much it, isn't it, in terms of recent tournament winners (I guess there's Hovlund, but he hardly faced world class competition, did he)?  I mean even Billy Ho managed to beat all your guys this week and he's not even good enough to make the US team.  😮

So don't count your birdies before they hatch, boys.  There's a reason they play the matches.  🙂

Which Euro supporters are you reading feeling confident about us winning? i think you will find its US supporters expecting the worse

Any Euro's out there ive been speaking to are expecting us to get mullered, me inc

Edited by Superbrit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G425 LST 9*

Cobra LTDx LS 14.5*

Cobra SZ 17* hybrid

Ping G425 Crossover 3

Ping I500 5-PW

Ping I210 UW

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

Odyssey OG Rossie "Rahm"

1 hour ago, ShowMe said:

We are very confident, in losing! 🤣

Edited by imakaveli

10 hours ago, Forged4ever said:

As far as any perceived home course advantage, and the effect of all of these supposedly uber insane US fans, at least this century, over the past almost 20 years(19+), the Euros have won twice out of four attempts on US soil, at Oakland Hills & Medinah, while the US has not won a single time when crossing the pond, goin ZERO FOR FOUR!!

Based on past performance, all that those idiot US fans succeeded in doin, according to both the record book and the Euro Players' comments afterwards, was to piss them off and unite them even more as it went from just givin a beatdown to the 12 Americanos to beatin down an entire nation, lolol

Regarding TW showing up being worth "several points," yada yada yada???

Look, I love Tiger as a Player and competitor however in the Ryder Cup, he was barely worth his own weight, much less "several points," and he has never done sh*t as far as motivating or leading his teammates to do anything more than underperform in his presence😂😂

Along with Tiger's ability and performance never really transferring to the Ryder Cup stage as a Player, as a motivational force and leader, well, his performance has been nothing short of abysmal. Other than basically standing in the gallery, or sitting in front of his locker with his head down, whichever brings a more graphic visualization of an invisible man to your mind, while Phil basically single handedly tore a team apart, Tiger has never had a positive, rally the troops, win one for the Gip effect on his teammates as a Player😂😂.

On a "battlefield???"

It's a friggin game Played on a country club track😂😂

All the Best👊
RP

Can I get the other side of that bet?

Team Europe will make it look good, but they already got "the memo" to dump this one, otherwise no one is going to watch the next RC ;).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Go Cougs said:

My buddy did.  Here's a pic he snapped of PT right before their round.

R.jpg

Dude needs to work on his arms.

58 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Can I get the other side of that bet?

Team Europe will make it look good, but they already got "the memo" to dump this one, otherwise no one is going to watch the next RC ;).

Hey Brotha, I hope all's well👊

You wanna take the US for the 5?

Cheers🍻

RP

Edited by Forged4ever

6 hours ago, tw_focus said:

TW's presence will absolutely put the US over the top, I don't know how you can claim otherwise. First of all, if he DOES show up, it will be with some flair / gimmick. Like they will pull everyone together and have TW on Zoom, then his internet will "go down", then he will walk in the room! And he'll look BDC and BK in the eye and say "You don't have to be friends. Eisenhower and Patton weren't friends. But they put aside their differences and worked together toward a common goal. Now is not the time for bickering, it is the time to win!".

And then he'll be mostly out of the spotlight for the tournament but he will be watching somewhere quietly on-site, probably give a TV interview or two, and word will get out among the fans. "TW is here". Tiger chants will erupt (especially when Sergio is within earshot). It will turn up the fan presence to an 11.

Didn’t the organisers on the US side used to think that Michael Jordan turning up would be good motivation for the team? All he was good at was motivating Europe 😂

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

37 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Absolutely!  I am good for it!

Sounds good🤙

Here's the deal~ 

If you/USA wins, I'll send ya the $500 via PayPal as that's the only internet payment system that I use.

If I/Euros win, I'd like you to donate the $500 to a Public, not private, Junior golf program in YOUR City/area, and the AJGA, First Tee, PGA Junior League Golf or LPGA-USGA Girls Golf programs are fine if there are no local independent programs. Also, the donation is to be in YOUR name, not mine.

If you're amenable to that, then, game on😉

If not, no harm no foul no problem😊

Fairways Greens & Fair Winds 4ever My Friend️ 
RP

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Forged4ever said:

Sounds good🤙

Here's the deal~ 

If you/USA wins, I'll send ya the $500 via PayPal as that's the only internet payment system that I use.

If I/Euros win, I'd like you to donate the $500 to a Public, not private, Junior golf program in YOUR City/area, and the AJGA, First Tee, PGA Junior League Golf or LPGA-USGA Girls Golf programs are fine if there are no local independent programs. Also, the donation is to be in YOUR name, not mine.

If you're amenable to that, then, game on😉

If not, no harm no foul no problem😊

Fairways Greens & Fair Winds 4ever My Friend️ 
RP

Sounds like a great idea for a bet.  Same here too.  If USA wins, donate the $500 to a local charity (it does not have to be golf).  If Euros win I will donate $500 to a golf program in an underprivileged area probably across the bay as the communities nearest to me are so spoiled even the First Tee program is only open to those kids who break par and play PXG!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Sounds like a great idea for a bet.  Same here too.  If USA wins, donate the $500 to a local charity (it does not have to be golf).  If Euros win I will donate $500 to a golf program in an underprivileged area probably across the bay as the communities nearest to me are so spoiled even the First Tee program is only open to those kids who break par and play PXG!

From our exchanges on the board, I can tell that thoughts are similar to mine in a lot of areas and while I didn't want to come out and say it, I figured that you would donate it to a worthy program. The First Tee locally is similar as Maddie & I used to do a lot of work with em however we didn't like the direction that they were taking the local program as it greatly favored the country club kids, so we dropped away. The AJGA program is great here as is the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program.

Anyhoo, sounds good👊

My Best,

RP

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 1