Cameron Showcase Partners and Champions Choice Putters...

cohenfive

Pipe dream I know, but I thought I'd see if there was any way to buy one of the new champions choice putters that will be for sale August 6. So I contacted Cameron (not Scotty himself of course!) to see if there was any way. They suggested I go to their website and search for the cameron 'showcase partners' to see if they have any availability.

The funny thing is, as far as I can tell they only have 1 showcase partner in the country...in San Diego of course. I did a search across the country. I tried within 100 miles of every major city in the country plus all the golf destinations I could think of (Bandon, Savannah, Myrtle, etc)...and still only the one showcase partner. They are sold out of course.

Anyway, does anyone know of any other cameron showcase partners in the USA, and am I wasting my time trying to track down a newport champions choice putter?

Thanks

Edited by cohenfive

I’ll be looking for a Newport.  Wish I had an idea as to what they’ll retail for 

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

Just now, R_Swanson said:

I want a modern teryllium for a fair price, I don't understand why SC makes it so hard on us. 

I doubt it's worth it for me to chase one of these down though. 

Cause he knows people will pay, there are other guys doing copper inserts for less. 

• Like 2

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 6.0

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - NCW Boyd - and more. 

WITB Thread

39 minutes ago, cohenfive said:

Pipe dream I know, but I thought I'd see if there was any way to buy one of the new champions choice putters that will be for sale August 6. So I contacted Cameron (not Scotty himself of course!) to see if there was any way. They suggested I go to their website and search for the cameron 'showcase partners' to see if they have any availability.

The funny thing is, as far as I can tell they only have 1 showcase partner in the country...in San Diego of course. I did a search across the country. I tried within 100 miles of every major city in the country plus all the golf destinations I could think of (Bandon, Savannah, Myrtle, etc)...and still only the one showcase partner. They are sold out of course.

Anyway, does anyone know of any other cameron showcase partners in the USA, and am I wasting my time trying to track down a newport champions choice putter?

Thanks

Some info in "Scotty Cameron 2021" email thread. However, I doubt any retailers are taking orders now. It seems everything is sold out this morning. 

10 minutes ago, Medson said:

Some info in "Scotty Cameron 2021" email thread. However, I doubt any retailers are taking orders now. It seems everything is sold out this morning. 

Thanks. That's what I figured. Pretty disappointed that the people at cameron wouldn't even help find a dealer to call, other than their one showcase partner that shows up on their search.

2 hours ago, cohenfive said:

Thanks

They are already listed on eBay. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Aldila NVS 85 Reg
PXG Gen 3 0311XP 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Reg

Ping Tour-S Raw 56* @ 55, 60* KBS Tour 90 Wrx combo grind
Evnroll ER8 33”

1 hour ago, cohenfive said:

Thanks. That's what I figured. Pretty disappointed that the people at cameron wouldn't even help find a dealer to call, other than their one showcase partner that shows up on their search.

They aren’t that difficult to find…almost all of the retailers have them including big box stores and mom and pop. Some people that are die hards are just way more diligent than the rest of us. Given it was a limited release, they deserve it.

“Reserving” them at this point is almost impossible but maybe you’ll get lucky. After the online reservations at big box stores this morning, your best chance was to call a bunch of local golf shops to reserve one. The big box stores I called said if you missed the online reservations it’ll be first come first serve when they get them. Most of the stores said they’ll be getting high single digit quantities so very limited. And they aren’t sure exactly what day it’ll be so keep checking in. The local golf shops was where it was at after missing out on the online reservations…was relatively easy for a good few hours

28 minutes ago, cohenfive said:

I am going to ask my pro shop if they can get me one...I'll be there tomorrow. Not sure what their Titleist rep will say.

If they aren't that difficult to find I'd love some suggestions on where to look. I've only looked where cameron told me to look at that was a waste of time. Thanks

called my pro earlier, Newport and NP2 for me, passed on the Fastback, Titleist rep told him he had him covered, we shall see….

Edited by LafFord

PXG Proto 0811X 9 w/ Graphite Design MJ 6

Ping G425 14.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 7

Callaway Epic Flash 18 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 8

Titleist 816 H2 21 w/ Fujikura Atmos Red 8

PXG Darkness 0311P 5-GW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 

Titleist Vokey Raw SM7 Custom 54/60 M grinds w/ KBS $ Taper 125

Scotty Cameron NP2 SSS Timeless 34/350G

Personally I think these are pretty well priced at $600. I think I just got lucky. We have one good local golf shop nearby. I have only used them for service a few times, things like grips, changing lie angles, etc...So I decided to call them. They had ordered one of each of the three models. Someone had already called and had reserved the newport 2. The other two were still available. So I reserved the newport, which is what I want anyway. They couldn't tell me the length they ordered, I'm hoping for 34 but I'll deal with that later. I was tempted to reserve the other one as well, but I figured it was best left to someone else who wants to actually use the putter. So I may have one reserved, they said they will call me when it comes in. If I don't say yes pretty quickly they will move on to the next guy. I'm still going to stop by my pro shop tomorrow but I think that avenue is pretty unlikely as they don't order anything unless they get an order from a member...But you never know.

I guess I'm excited, fingers crossed they ordered a 34. I guess I could always live with a 35 in case that's what they get.

Thanks gang.

8 hours ago, dalehead said:

Yes, you’re saying the same thing in different words. I said a few thousand, you said limited release. Still doesn’t answer the question of why a limited release when you could sell exponentially more in a general release.

Its because they don't care about selling a ton of them. High end putter brands are built on exclusivity.  Not being able to have something or having to pay insane prices for a putter is what drives demand for the brand in general. 

• Like 2

These seem like a bit of a miss as a Cameron fan - I get the Newport (Tiger 1997) and Newport 2 (Tiger's Elder Wand) but what "Champion" is using the Fastback?  I snagged a Fastback Teryllium a couple years ago (or was that last year), but these seem "off" for a Cameron release - might be the stripes on the face. 

Super happy they came back out with a Buttonback. Hate the name and stripes on it. Champions Choice on the sole is an eye sore for me... Definitely could have done a better job IMO. 

• Like 2

TaylorMade SIM2 9* | HZRDUS Small Batch Smoke Green 70 6.5

TaylorMade M5 16* Tour Issue | Diamana Blue Board S+ 80X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 | KBS $ Taper 130X

Mizuno MP20 MB 4-PW | KBS $ Taper 130X

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Raw 52/MID 56/MID | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Bettinardi Tour Dept. DASS QB6 Poison Kool-Aid

59 minutes ago, mhardiman90 said:

Super happy they came back out with a Buttonback. Hate the name and stripes on it. Champions Choice on the sole is an eye sore for me... Definitely could have done a better job IMO. 

Nothing a little paintfill can’t fix 

TSi3 9° @ 9.75°| Tensei AV Raw White 65

G410 17.5° @ 16.5°| HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70

TSi2 21° @ 20.25°| HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70
Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105
MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120

Toulon Austin
Titleist ProV1X

21 minutes ago, agood3putt said:

Nothing a little paintfill can’t fix 

More like welding over it 😂 hope you’re well bud!

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM2 9* | HZRDUS Small Batch Smoke Green 70 6.5

TaylorMade M5 16* Tour Issue | Diamana Blue Board S+ 80X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 2 | KBS $ Taper 130X

Mizuno MP20 MB 4-PW | KBS $ Taper 130X

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Raw 52/MID 56/MID | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Bettinardi Tour Dept. DASS QB6 Poison Kool-Aid

2 minutes ago, mhardiman90 said:

More like welding over it 😂 hope you’re well bud!

Hahah good point! You too brotha!

TSi3 9° @ 9.75°| Tensei AV Raw White 65

G410 17.5° @ 16.5°| HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70

TSi2 21° @ 20.25°| HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70
Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105
MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120

Toulon Austin
Titleist ProV1X

I’m told my local shop will be selling these for $850 for so, but MAP is $600 so that’s the lowest you’ll see it for anywhere likely. My club was getting 3 and my local shop was getting 4, a nearby fitter was also getting 3 or 4 and that doesn’t even count club champion. These were everywhere if you when to look, that’s the key part. Got one with my name on it but will probably pass at that price for it to just in my collection.  As for next go around you just have to keep hounding your shop to ask if they can get it, I’ve never missed a limited I have tried to get but I’ve also jumped on it at least week before it’s announced on social.