Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Press release for new Bushnell launch monitor device.

https://golfsimulatorvideos.com/2021/07/bushnell-announces-launch-pro-partnership-with-foresight-sports/

Hopefully photo shows up here.  spacer.png

Looks like its going to be more expensive than the GArmin R10.  Maybe on par with the FullSwingGolf Kit that goes for 4000 USD.  OR not.  I have no clue.  

image_26278.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RGlaze978 said:

If there was something that was similar to the Mevo+ in cost or slightly more expensive, that reliably tracked club path and face data, I'd be all over it. Maybe this is it?

Certainly isn’t touting face or path data. I’d be all in if it was. 

currently pre ordered r10 but interested in what this has to offer. 

This has me thinking that it could be a more accurate Sky Trak, which could be an absolute homerun if they are able to get it into a decent price point. From all account the Sky Trak is a good unit for the price, but struggles with accuracy at high swing speeds, and doesnt get spin numbers all that accurately, which can have a negative impact on distances. 

Very excited to learn more. 

The image shows one camera aperture, but the bottom of the unit is not shown, so I wonder if there's another "eye" lower like on GCQuad. 

I wonder if this is a "GCDuo" that replaces the old GC2 

Club head speed, ball speed, launch angle, carry distance, spin rate and roll out

is mentioned on their site, which are all things that GC2 measure.

It it's a refreshed GC2 at a more affordable price, count me in!

I'm thinking this might be a "lite" version of the GC2. Take their "old" technology and sort of re-package it and trim down some of the sim capabilities and remove the HMT add-on (maybe integrate some light clubhead tracking for clubhead speed and maybe one or two other simple metrics) and rebrand it with Bushnell. Drop the cost a bit and then focus everything they're doing on their premium GCQuad model anyway. They've probably been aiming at phasing out GC2 stuff for a while and maybe this gives them a way to still have a decent revenue stream from the older model if most of it is repackaged into a more affordable model not really meant to compete with and cannibalize sales from their flagship monitor.

If it's a more reliable and accurate alternative to SkyTrak that can be used outdoors at a price point even close to $2-$3K then I think it's going to be a huge hit. Especially if it's more than a "personal launch monitor" and has some sim capabilities (seems like it may from limited research) it could be a big deal. The Full Swing Kit looks like a good new entrant too, but I believe it's doppler-based (or doppler with some cameras?) and if this is as reliable as the other Foresight monitors both indoors and outdoors it seems like a big winner to me. But man that press release is a tease without any concrete information and pricing. I've been planning on getting a used/refurbished GC2 at some point in the next 6-12 months but this has piqued my interest and might replace that pending price and features.

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9º (at 8º) Accra TZ5 65 M5

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Ti 15º Accra TZ5 75 M5

3i/4i: Srixon Z785 Nippon Modus 120X (4i 1º weak)

5i-PW: Srixon Z-Forged Modus 120X

50º/54º/60º: Cleveland RTX 4 (Mid Bounce) Modus 120X (50º/54º) & DG TI S400 (60º)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 (33.75", 70º lie, 2.5º loft)

1 hour ago, greenwavegolfer said:

I'm thinking this might be a "lite" version of the GC2. Take their "old" technology and sort of re-package it and trim down some of the sim capabilities and remove the HMT add-on (maybe integrate some light clubhead tracking for clubhead speed and maybe one or two other simple metrics) and rebrand it with Bushnell.

I hope you're wrong.  Without club data it's basically a very slightly more accurate skytrak.  If the price is above skytrak I can't see why anyone would buy it.  If they manage to provide club data, this thing is a game changer.  Seems to be a race to see who can get to club data first at under 12-14k.

I'm worried you may be right though.  They just released the new GCQuad at 11k plus 4k for club head data, and they have a slick overhead unit with ball and club data for 20k.  GC2 appears discontinued for now.  My guess is the bushnell is a fancier version of the old GC2 but still without club data at a skytrak competitive price.  Then maybe they'll release a GC2 updated with club data in an in-between price point, say 5-7k.

Edited by bonvivantva

On 7/21/2021 at 8:19 PM, bonvivantva said:

I hope you're wrong.  Without club data it's basically a very slightly more accurate skytrak.  If the price is above skytrak I can't see why anyone would buy it.  If they manage to provide club data, this thing is a game changer.  Seems to be a race to see who can get to club data first at under 12-14k.

I'm worried you may be right though.  They just released the new GCQuad at 11k plus 4k for club head data, and they have a slick overhead unit with ball and club data for 20k.  GC2 appears discontinued for now.  My guess is the bushnell is a fancier version of the old GC2 but still without club data at a skytrak competitive price.  Then maybe they'll release a GC2 updated with club data in an in-between price point, say 5-7k.

I for one would love a more accurate SkyTrak, even if it's a bit more money. Give me a GC2 that costs 40-50% less than a GC2 and I'm all over it. Better hitting radius, fewer misreads, less delay between shot and display, more accurate readings especially at high speeds, and ability to use outdoors in direct sunlight and in well lit rooms with white walls. The SkyTrak isn't a bad machine, but it does have some downsides and I'd take a better photometric monitor that clears up those little bugaboos even if it's $500 or $1,000 more to be honest. 

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9º (at 8º) Accra TZ5 65 M5

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Ti 15º Accra TZ5 75 M5

3i/4i: Srixon Z785 Nippon Modus 120X (4i 1º weak)

5i-PW: Srixon Z-Forged Modus 120X

50º/54º/60º: Cleveland RTX 4 (Mid Bounce) Modus 120X (50º/54º) & DG TI S400 (60º)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 (33.75", 70º lie, 2.5º loft)

4 hours ago, greenwavegolfer said:

I for one would love a more accurate SkyTrak, even if it's a bit more money. Give me a GC2 that costs 40-50% less than a GC2 and I'm all over it. Better hitting radius, fewer misreads, less delay between shot and display, more accurate readings especially at high speeds, and ability to use outdoors in direct sunlight and in well lit rooms with white walls. The SkyTrak isn't a bad machine, but it does have some downsides and I'd take a better photometric monitor that clears up those little bugaboos even if it's $500 or $1,000 more to be honest. 

Although us techies who lurk on the simulator forum can see the sense in this, I can’t see that translating into a sales success for Bushnell. 99% of people in the market will just go for a Skytrak if there’s a significant price difference.

I’m hoping for a sub 1000 dollar unit, and I will take the Morikawa approach of using the simulated ball flight to tell me all I need to know about club path. 

Although even my (twelve years) old Vector Pro did a decent job giving an idea of club path, so providing Foresite allow it there’s no reason why this unit couldn’t. Exciting times after a dry couple of years in the LM market. 

• Like 1

From Bushnell's site:

"With the NEW Launch Pro, you will now get Tour-level club and ball data and enjoy industry-leading performance insights from the outdoor range to the indoor golf simulator."

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/launch-pro

I mean they can just take my money right now if I'm getting Foresight Software and a less than $2k personal launch monitor with club and ball data.

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6x - 46"
3 Wood: TS2 15* | Mitsubishi MMT 75TX

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
Wedges: 50&54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
Putter: Sik Pro C-Series | Armlock

Thanks for sharing that link.  Looks juicy. So it looks like it can be used indoors and outdoors.  With ball and club data.  May be an updated GC2, which I believe has been taken down from the home page of the Foresight website.  I think this device is probably going to sell for more in the 4k-4500k range...unfortunately.  But I have no way of knowing for sure.

More info is coming this fall which is not that far away.  I'm sure there will be more announcements before Black Friday in November.  

(the ball test people)'s instagram has a slightly brightened up version of the image from Bushnell and I can convince myself there's another camera aperture down below. GC2 update/better skytrak seems plausible.

Was going to jump on the R10, but this is enough to delay until reviews and pricing is announced.

image.png.f6ffd993ab59219082683f4de123adc9.png

Edited by r.yan163
fix change from automoderator
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, jbsg02 said:

It claims club data but only mentions club head speed, I'd be surprised if it gave any more club data than that

Yeah we are all waiting on holy grail of PLMs but you are right they aren’t just going to “give away” the club data in a unit that is $10k less than their flagship unit. 

But… if it’s the equivalent of the Flightscope Mevo+ in a camera unit without the space requirements is very promising. Basically come in at $2k for a basic camera unit (as people have said a better SkyTrack) and they should sell well. Come in at $4k+ and I’m not sure. We’ll see- would have to compare to the other new one coming…

• Like 2

default_callaway-small.jpg.0667322081ba61f1e13fcf849463e542.jpg

Epic Speed 9 degree (8°)- Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted
Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W (16°)- Hzrdus Smoke
Epic Speed 7w (21°) - Aldila Rogue 130 MSI 80g

Apex 4 (23°) Hybrid
'18 Apex MB (8-PW) and '19 Apex Pro (5-7i) Nippon Pro Modus 105 s
MD5 50°, Jaws Full Toe54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago (or Atlanta or Las Vegas)
Ball: Chromesoft X Triple Track

16 hours ago, RGlaze978 said:

Honestly, I am hoping this is $5,000 with club data, even if its calculated. Garmin is doing it, can get used Flightscope 2s with club data for $3K, its time the rest of the market catches up. GC Quad may be accurate, but $4,000 on top of the unit for club data is a f****** rip-off. 

There's nothing to catch up to yet.   Garmin is unproven and hasn't even started shipping yet to the general public.  Maybe it will be found to be good, maybe it wont, maybe it will be good enough for some but not others.  But right now, the current low end for acceptable club data for a new unit is the Xi Tour at $8k.

But the bottom line is that prices wont drop until the market get's big enough to support a large enough number of sales.   Garmin is a much bigger company with it's hand in a lot more pockets so can afford to take risks that the smaller, more specialized companies, might not be willing to take.

Edited by Stuart_G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RGlaze978 said:

Honestly, I am hoping this is $5,000 with club data, even if its calculated. Garmin is doing it, can get used Flightscope 2s with club data for $3K, its time the rest of the market catches up. GC Quad may be accurate, but $4,000 on top of the unit for club data is a f****** rip-off. 

Wishful thinking on my part, but it would be interesting if they leveraged the HMT tech from GC2 and allowing you to choose from two modes:

1. Ball mode: use the two cameras to measure ball data only, basically how GC2 works

2. Club mode: allow you to put fiducials on the club and have the Launchpro measure club head data only (+ maybe ball speed? no launch/spin etc). I'm picturing this being useful on the range, you watch the ball downrange but use the LM to help groove path, AOA, strike, dyn loft, clubspeed and so on.

Of course the upgrade to GCQ giving you both simultaneously. Although might cannabilize the market on the $4k the want for clubhead addon on GCQ

One can dream right? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, r.yan163 said:

Wishful thinking on my part, but it would be interesting if they leveraged the HMT tech from GC2 and allowing you to choose from two modes:

1. Ball mode: use the two cameras to measure ball data only, basically how GC2 works

2. Club mode: allow you to put fiducials on the club and have the Launchpro measure club head data only (+ maybe ball speed? no launch/spin etc). I'm picturing this being useful on the range, you watch the ball downrange but use the LM to help groove path, AOA, strike, dyn loft, clubspeed and so on.

Of course the upgrade to GCQ giving you both simultaneously. Although might cannabilize the market on the $4k the want for clubhead addon on GCQ

One can dream right? 

Not a bad idea at all!

default_callaway-small.jpg.0667322081ba61f1e13fcf849463e542.jpg

Epic Speed 9 degree (8°)- Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted
Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W (16°)- Hzrdus Smoke
Epic Speed 7w (21°) - Aldila Rogue 130 MSI 80g

Apex 4 (23°) Hybrid
'18 Apex MB (8-PW) and '19 Apex Pro (5-7i) Nippon Pro Modus 105 s
MD5 50°, Jaws Full Toe54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago (or Atlanta or Las Vegas)
Ball: Chromesoft X Triple Track

7 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

I can't see Foresight cannibalizing GC2+HMT / GCQuad sales by including face and path. Accuracy + face and path at an affordable price point will remain the holy grail for some time to come I fear

Are they even making gc2 units any more?   I'll I've ever seen is the certified pre-owned offerings and I doubt they're really all that worried about those sales.    A new lower cost "entry level" unit to pair with the GCQuad actually makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stuart_G said:

Are they even making gc2 units any more?   I'll I've ever seen is the certified pre-owned offerings and I doubt they're really all that worried about those sales.    A new lower cost "entry level" unit to pair with the GCQuad actually makes a lot of sense.

I see GC2 have disappeared off their website. I agree that it makes sense for them to replace GC2 with a newer unit with updated internals (e.g. hopefully a LED flash).

I just can't see Foresight ever producing something "lower cost"; it doesn't seem to be in their nature. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised... I expect something around what GC2 cost without the HMT data points to avoid cannibalizing GCQuad.

I would be very surprised to see one of the big 3 LM companies offering an affordable, accurate LM with face and path. If that ever happens, I expect that to be an upstart.

I also think I read that Foresight has so many patents in the camera LM space that it's very difficult for anyone to develop a worthy camera-based competitor, not sure if that's true?

• Like 1