2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

10 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

If it’s around 5k and has ball data as accurate the GC2, plus basic (but very accurate) club data parameters, I’m all in, and they’re going to sell an absurd number of these. 

I’m right there with you. If this thing has swing path and face angle and standard ball data, I don’t need more than that, I will be locked into Foresight ecosystem for life!

8 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I’m right there with you. If this thing has swing path and face angle and standard ball data, I don’t need more than that, I will be locked into Foresight ecosystem for life!

To separate itself from the Quad I believe for club data the Launch Pro will only have speed, AoA, path and smash - which is one dot mode on the quad. But it will give starting horizontal launch which is almost as good as that is 80-90% based on club face. Between one dot club data and the normal ball data the Pro has everything it needs for accurate simulation play which appears to be the target.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

To separate itself from the Quad I believe for club data the Launch Pro will only have speed, AoA, path and smash - which is one dot mode on the quad. But it will give starting horizontal launch which is almost as good as that is 80-90% based on club face. Between one dot club data and the normal ball data the Pro has everything it needs for accurate simulation play which appears to be the target.    

Interesting if this turns out to be correct. Of the club parameters face angle can be inferred anyway because it dominates launch direction. AoA and path are not easily inferred AFAIK.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Has anyone tested a Flightscope Xi Tour? While they are older, they seem to capture every data point we’d want, plus the price seems to be falling. How do you think something like the Xi family competes against the little we know about the Launch Pro?

I have the Xi Tour.  Assuming you have the room - it's great for full swing down to about half swings.   Not so much for chipping, short pitches, and putting.  That's it's major short coming when it comes to sim play.  

Also may have issues integrating with newer sim software since Flightscope seems to not really be marketing it much any more  (integration w/ X3 doesn't automatically mean integration works with the Xi Tour).   Not a problem for me since I'm still using E6 v1.6 (no interest in moving to the newer subscription models).

1 hour ago, noodle24 said:

I found a page on the Foresight Canada site that gives lots of details. The page has been taken down but you can view it here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qIa2B96vYtIJ:https://lp.foresightsports.ca/gc3/+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Click on "Compare Launch Monitors" at the bottom and you can see a bunch of details comparing to the GC Quad!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice find. Kind of as expected - features that separate it from Quad trying to find a market in the serious amateur. If it is $3k for the base unit I think it will do well. I was noticing that the Creative Sim software for Mevo + shows club path. If that is something Mevo + is actually capturing but locking this may unlock it. Very good data for $2k vs excellent data for $3k. Hmmm

2 hours ago, noodle24 said:

I found a page on the Foresight Canada site that gives lots of details. The page has been taken down but you can view it here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qIa2B96vYtIJ:https://lp.foresightsports.ca/gc3/+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Click on "Compare Launch Monitors" at the bottom and you can see a bunch of details comparing to the GC Quad!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Impressive find. Looks like it is essentially a GC Quad minus putting analysis, loft/lie, face angle, impact location, and closure rate.

54 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

Impressive find. Looks like it is essentially a GC Quad minus putting analysis, loft/lie, face angle, impact location, and closure rate.

Based on that, can we reasonably assume the Launch Pro will be materially cheaper than a Quad? I can see the clubhead software being discounted, but it appears the Launch Pro captures 70% of the same data. Given the combined cost of a Quad and clubhead data is $14K, without FSX software, anything under $10K for the Launch Pro would seem to be reasonable and effectively serve as a GC2 replacement. If this thing comes in between $3-$5K, the Launch Pro will become the insta-buy game changer we've been waiting for.   

Edited by Cactus Jack

If it can't accurately read your putts (ie, making putting worthless), sim mode will really not be very enjoyable.  Putting is my favorite part of the game.  

I can tell some of you are automatically buying this no matter what but if the software is a fortune and sim mode isn't that fun/realistic (short game-wise), I think there will still continue to be a lot of people interested but sitting on the sidelines for something else to come to the market in the next year or two.

11 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

If it can't accurately read your putts (ie, making putting worthless), sim mode will really not be very enjoyable.  Putting is my favorite part of the game.  

I can tell some of you are automatically buying this no matter what but if the software is a fortune and sim mode isn't that fun/realistic (short game-wise), I think there will still continue to be a lot of people interested but sitting on the sidelines for something else to come to the market in the next year or two.

No that's not correct. It can read putts. It just doesn't have the putting analysis that the Quad has. 

8 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

So it would read your putts just as accurately as a quad but hide some of the info or what?

Quad has add-on features that can capture putter's head making contact with ball. 

https://shop.foresightsports.com/products/essential-putting-analysis-add-on

This product will not have that additional capability. 

Edited by WallysWorld

31 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

Quad has add-on features that can capture putter's head making contact with ball. 

https://shop.foresightsports.com/products/essential-putting-analysis-add-on

This product will not have that additional capability. 

man, that's crazy. If somebody took that to the course to use on the green or range, then threw it in their car while they played a round, I've give it a 10% chance of being gone when they got back to their car.  I get nervous leaving a nice putter in my car, much less a $10k plus simulator.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

I may be wrong, but I think there are a lot of golfers who aren’t necessarily prioritizing sim golf in looking at these sorts of things, but rather looking for the ideal practicing and club tinkering tool. 

my perspective: sim golf just isn’t very interesting or meaningful even with the best simulator, so I’m not going to care about that in looking at a PLM. 

• Like 2

It won't analyse putts. But most sims will offer the "line up with a mouse" and judge the roll… with 6-foot gimmes, etc.

No one reasonably expects putter "simulation" because you can't simulate the ground.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

6 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I may be wrong, but I think there are a lot of golfers who aren’t necessarily prioritizing sim golf in looking at these sorts of things, but rather looking for the ideal practicing and club tinkering tool. 

my perspective: sim golf just isn’t very interesting or meaningful even with the best simulator, so I’m not going to care about that in looking at a PLM. 

I totally agree and am after the same.  The question is how much each of us is willing to pay to practice and club tinker.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

I totally agree and am after the same.  The question is how much each of us is willing to pay to practice and club tinker.  

a lot more than just $2K- thus why we are all in here. If you are not- Rapsodo, Garmin R10, Skytrak and Mevo + are your choices.  

Edited by WallysWorld

3 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

a lot more than just $2K- thus why we are all in here. If you are not- Rapsodo, Garmin R10, Skytrak and Mevo + are your choices.  

I think a lot of us honestly just want a modern skytrak.  IE, a camera based Launch monitor that's accurate with it's numbers, that isn't from 2014.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Based on that, can we reasonably assume the Launch Pro will be materially cheaper than a Quad? I can see the clubhead software being discounted, but it appears the Launch Pro captures 70% of the same data. Given the combined cost of a Quad and clubhead data is $14K, without FSX software, anything under $10K for the Launch Pro would seem to be reasonable and effectively serve as a GC2 replacement. If this thing comes in between $3-$5K, the Launch Pro will become the insta-buy game changer we've been waiting for.   

Not sure if you saw, but a couple pages back someone got confirmed details. In Canada it is $9100 CAD, fully unlocked with FSX, 10 standard courses, and called the GC3. That translates to around $7k USD, but the post also says within the US it will be a sort of al a carte deal. You buy the launch pro, then presumably features like the single dot club head measurements, software, courses, etc. This would imply that the launch monitor itself is no more than $4000 probably $3000.

Edited by Karazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As expected. It's just a GC2 refresh with one-dot club data to move more software sales. You'll have to purchase with FSX +$3,000. It'll be nice to get a GC2 with modern connections like WiFi/USB-C for those who don't already have one. But GC2+HMT is still better.

Foresight is kind of a victim of their own success in this regard. GC2+HMT is simply too good. They can't unlock full club data on the GC3 without neutering Quad sales. A refresh is literally all they can do without breaking new ground.

Titleist TSR2 9* Tensei Blue

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

53 minutes ago, Celeras said:

As expected. It's just a GC2 refresh with one-dot club data to move more software sales. You'll have to purchase with FSX +$3,000. It'll be nice to get a GC2 with modern connections like WiFi/USB-C for those who don't already have one. But GC2+HMT is still better.

Foresight is kind of a victim of their own success in this regard. GC2+HMT is simply too good. They can't unlock full club data on the GC3 without neutering Quad sales. A refresh is literally all they can do without breaking new ground.

until the GC2 breaks then where will you go? 

1 hour ago, Celeras said:

I agree, the GC2+HMT put them in a bind.

I think for certain applications like a dedicated sim the GC2+HMT is better. However, I think the portability of a single unit like the Launch Pro is an underrated feature. I'd love to take this thing to the range and maybe on the course, but I doubt I'd realistically do either with the GC2. Also, while I wish the Launch Pro had face angle, I'm not sure how relevant the other metrics are for personal use. For fitting purposes sure, but for banging balls into a net I can see impact location with foot powder etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I agree, the GC2+HMT put them in a bind.

I think for certain applications like a dedicated sim the GC2+HMT is better. However, I think the portability of a single unit like the Launch Pro is an underrated feature. I'd love to take this thing to the range and maybe on the course, but I doubt I'd realistically do either with the GC2. Also, while I wish the Launch Pro had face angle, I'm not sure how relevant the other metrics are for personal use. For fitting purposes sure, but for banging balls into a net I can see impact location with foot powder etc. 

so if that is the case go with the Mevo +. I just don't get your point here. The Mevo + is actually really good outdoors on the range and if you don't care for the club data because they will not be providing face to path then I think you have answered your own question. 

Personally, I really hope people are not going to bring it out on course. The game takes long enough already, the last thing I need is some weekend warrior trying to dial in on their yardage while on course. 

Edited by WallysWorld

1 minute ago, WallysWorld said:

so if that is the case go with the Mevo +. I just don't get your point here. The Mevo + is actually really good outdoors on the range and if you don't care for the club data because they will not be providing face to path then I think you have answered your own question. 

I'm not comparing the Launch Pro to the Mevo+. I agreed the GC2+HMT is awesome, but pointed out how I like the portability of the Launch Pro. Also, I love the club data that is included with the Launch Pro, I meant to imply that I don't need all the features of the Quad and the LP has darn near everything I'd use. 

Regarding Mevo+, while it might be a great product, I've never seriously considered it. I guess it might be a bit of Apple vs. Android, but the majority of launch monitors I have access to are Foresight, which I enjoy. Also, due to the major YouTubers like TXG using Foresight, I'm just way more familiar with their screens, data points, and like that I can compare my results against sources I trust. The bottom line is I'm a marketers dream and they got me hook, line, and sinker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

until the GC2 breaks then where will you go? 

To @andygg1986 🤣

(for those who don't know he fixes them NOW for cheaper than Foresight would. He's the man)

Edited by Celeras

Titleist TSR2 9* Tensei Blue

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7