Jump to content

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

If it’s around 5k and has ball data as accurate the GC2, plus basic (but very accurate) club data parameters, I’m all in, and they’re going to sell an absurd number of these. 


I’m right there with you. If this thing has swing path and face angle and standard ball data, I don’t need more than that, I will be locked into Foresight ecosystem for life!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:


I’m right there with you. If this thing has swing path and face angle and standard ball data, I don’t need more than that, I will be locked into Foresight ecosystem for life!

To separate itself from the Quad I believe for club data the Launch Pro will only have speed, AoA, path and smash - which is one dot mode on the quad. But it will give starting horizontal launch which is almost as good as that is 80-90% based on club face. Between one dot club data and the normal ball data the Pro has everything it needs for accurate simulation play which appears to be the target.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

To separate itself from the Quad I believe for club data the Launch Pro will only have speed, AoA, path and smash - which is one dot mode on the quad. But it will give starting horizontal launch which is almost as good as that is 80-90% based on club face. Between one dot club data and the normal ball data the Pro has everything it needs for accurate simulation play which appears to be the target.    

Interesting if this turns out to be correct. Of the club parameters face angle can be inferred anyway because it dominates launch direction. AoA and path are not easily inferred AFAIK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Has anyone tested a Flightscope Xi Tour? While they are older, they seem to capture every data point we’d want, plus the price seems to be falling. How do you think something like the Xi family competes against the little we know about the Launch Pro?

 

I have the Xi Tour.  Assuming you have the room - it's great for full swing down to about half swings.   Not so much for chipping, short pitches, and putting.  That's it's major short coming when it comes to sim play.  

Also may have issues integrating with newer sim software since Flightscope seems to not really be marketing it much any more  (integration w/ X3 doesn't automatically mean integration works with the Xi Tour).   Not a problem for me since I'm still using E6 v1.6 (no interest in moving to the newer subscription models).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, noodle24 said:

I found a page on the Foresight Canada site that gives lots of details. The page has been taken down but you can view it here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qIa2B96vYtIJ:https://lp.foresightsports.ca/gc3/+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

 

Click on "Compare Launch Monitors" at the bottom and you can see a bunch of details comparing to the GC Quad!

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice find. Kind of as expected - features that separate it from Quad trying to find a market in the serious amateur. If it is $3k for the base unit I think it will do well. I was noticing that the Creative Sim software for Mevo + shows club path. If that is something Mevo + is actually capturing but locking this may unlock it. Very good data for $2k vs excellent data for $3k. Hmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, noodle24 said:

I found a page on the Foresight Canada site that gives lots of details. The page has been taken down but you can view it here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qIa2B96vYtIJ:https://lp.foresightsports.ca/gc3/+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

 

Click on "Compare Launch Monitors" at the bottom and you can see a bunch of details comparing to the GC Quad!

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Impressive find. Looks like it is essentially a GC Quad minus putting analysis, loft/lie, face angle, impact location, and closure rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

Impressive find. Looks like it is essentially a GC Quad minus putting analysis, loft/lie, face angle, impact location, and closure rate.

 

Based on that, can we reasonably assume the Launch Pro will be materially cheaper than a Quad? I can see the clubhead software being discounted, but it appears the Launch Pro captures 70% of the same data. Given the combined cost of a Quad and clubhead data is $14K, without FSX software, anything under $10K for the Launch Pro would seem to be reasonable and effectively serve as a GC2 replacement. If this thing comes in between $3-$5K, the Launch Pro will become the insta-buy game changer we've been waiting for.   

Edited by Cactus Jack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it can't accurately read your putts (ie, making putting worthless), sim mode will really not be very enjoyable.  Putting is my favorite part of the game.  

 

I can tell some of you are automatically buying this no matter what but if the software is a fortune and sim mode isn't that fun/realistic (short game-wise), I think there will still continue to be a lot of people interested but sitting on the sidelines for something else to come to the market in the next year or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

If it can't accurately read your putts (ie, making putting worthless), sim mode will really not be very enjoyable.  Putting is my favorite part of the game.  

 

I can tell some of you are automatically buying this no matter what but if the software is a fortune and sim mode isn't that fun/realistic (short game-wise), I think there will still continue to be a lot of people interested but sitting on the sidelines for something else to come to the market in the next year or two.

No that's not correct. It can read putts. It just doesn't have the putting analysis that the Quad has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

So it would read your putts just as accurately as a quad but hide some of the info or what?

Quad has add-on features that can capture putter's head making contact with ball. 

 

https://shop.foresightsports.com/products/essential-putting-analysis-add-on

 

This product will not have that additional capability. 

 

Edited by WallysWorld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

Quad has add-on features that can capture putter's head making contact with ball. 

 

https://shop.foresightsports.com/products/essential-putting-analysis-add-on

 

This product will not have that additional capability. 

 

man, that's crazy. If somebody took that to the course to use on the green or range, then threw it in their car while they played a round, I've give it a 10% chance of being gone when they got back to their car.  I get nervous leaving a nice putter in my car, much less a $10k plus simulator.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

If it can't accurately read your putts (ie, making putting worthless), sim mode will really not be very enjoyable.  Putting is my favorite part of the game.  

 

I may be wrong, but I think there are a lot of golfers who aren’t necessarily prioritizing sim golf in looking at these sorts of things, but rather looking for the ideal practicing and club tinkering tool. 
 

my perspective: sim golf just isn’t very interesting or meaningful even with the best simulator, so I’m not going to care about that in looking at a PLM. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It won't analyse putts. But most sims will offer the "line up with a mouse" and judge the roll… with 6-foot gimmes, etc.

 

No one reasonably expects putter "simulation" because you can't simulate the ground.

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I may be wrong, but I think there are a lot of golfers who aren’t necessarily prioritizing sim golf in looking at these sorts of things, but rather looking for the ideal practicing and club tinkering tool. 
 

my perspective: sim golf just isn’t very interesting or meaningful even with the best simulator, so I’m not going to care about that in looking at a PLM. 

I totally agree and am after the same.  The question is how much each of us is willing to pay to practice and club tinker.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

I totally agree and am after the same.  The question is how much each of us is willing to pay to practice and club tinker.  

a lot more than just $2K- thus why we are all in here. If you are not- Rapsodo, Garmin R10, Skytrak and Mevo + are your choices.  

Edited by WallysWorld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

a lot more than just $2K- thus why we are all in here. If you are not- Rapsodo, Garmin R10, Skytrak and Mevo + are your choices.  

I think a lot of us honestly just want a modern skytrak.  IE, a camera based Launch monitor that's accurate with it's numbers, that isn't from 2014.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

 

Based on that, can we reasonably assume the Launch Pro will be materially cheaper than a Quad? I can see the clubhead software being discounted, but it appears the Launch Pro captures 70% of the same data. Given the combined cost of a Quad and clubhead data is $14K, without FSX software, anything under $10K for the Launch Pro would seem to be reasonable and effectively serve as a GC2 replacement. If this thing comes in between $3-$5K, the Launch Pro will become the insta-buy game changer we've been waiting for.   

Not sure if you saw, but a couple pages back someone got confirmed details. In Canada it is $9100 CAD, fully unlocked with FSX, 10 standard courses, and called the GC3. That translates to around $7k USD, but the post also says within the US it will be a sort of al a carte deal. You buy the launch pro, then presumably features like the single dot club head measurements, software, courses, etc. This would imply that the launch monitor itself is no more than $4000 probably $3000.

Edited by Karazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As expected. It's just a GC2 refresh with one-dot club data to move more software sales. You'll have to purchase with FSX +$3,000. It'll be nice to get a GC2 with modern connections like WiFi/USB-C for those who don't already have one. But GC2+HMT is still better.

 

Foresight is kind of a victim of their own success in this regard. GC2+HMT is simply too good. They can't unlock full club data on the GC3 without neutering Quad sales. A refresh is literally all they can do without breaking new ground.

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5* Ventus Blue 7X

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Celeras said:

As expected. It's just a GC2 refresh with one-dot club data to move more software sales. You'll have to purchase with FSX +$3,000. It'll be nice to get a GC2 with modern connections like WiFi/USB-C for those who don't already have one. But GC2+HMT is still better.

 

Foresight is kind of a victim of their own success in this regard. GC2+HMT is simply too good. They can't unlock full club data on the GC3 without neutering Quad sales. A refresh is literally all they can do without breaking new ground.

until the GC2 breaks then where will you go? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Celeras said:

As expected. It's just a GC2 refresh with one-dot club data to move more software sales. You'll have to purchase with FSX +$3,000. It'll be nice to get a GC2 with modern connections like WiFi/USB-C for those who don't already have one. But GC2+HMT is still better.

 

Foresight is kind of a victim of their own success in this regard. GC2+HMT is simply too good. They can't unlock full club data on the GC3 without neutering Quad sales. A refresh is literally all they can do without breaking new ground.

 

I agree, the GC2+HMT put them in a bind.

 

I think for certain applications like a dedicated sim the GC2+HMT is better. However, I think the portability of a single unit like the Launch Pro is an underrated feature. I'd love to take this thing to the range and maybe on the course, but I doubt I'd realistically do either with the GC2. Also, while I wish the Launch Pro had face angle, I'm not sure how relevant the other metrics are for personal use. For fitting purposes sure, but for banging balls into a net I can see impact location with foot powder etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

 

I agree, the GC2+HMT put them in a bind.

 

I think for certain applications like a dedicated sim the GC2+HMT is better. However, I think the portability of a single unit like the Launch Pro is an underrated feature. I'd love to take this thing to the range and maybe on the course, but I doubt I'd realistically do either with the GC2. Also, while I wish the Launch Pro had face angle, I'm not sure how relevant the other metrics are for personal use. For fitting purposes sure, but for banging balls into a net I can see impact location with foot powder etc. 

so if that is the case go with the Mevo +. I just don't get your point here. The Mevo + is actually really good outdoors on the range and if you don't care for the club data because they will not be providing face to path then I think you have answered your own question. 

 

Personally, I really hope people are not going to bring it out on course. The game takes long enough already, the last thing I need is some weekend warrior trying to dial in on their yardage while on course. 

 

Edited by WallysWorld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WallysWorld said:

so if that is the case go with the Mevo +. I just don't get your point here. The Mevo + is actually really good outdoors on the range and if you don't care for the club data because they will not be providing face to path then I think you have answered your own question. 

 

I'm not comparing the Launch Pro to the Mevo+. I agreed the GC2+HMT is awesome, but pointed out how I like the portability of the Launch Pro. Also, I love the club data that is included with the Launch Pro, I meant to imply that I don't need all the features of the Quad and the LP has darn near everything I'd use. 

 

Regarding Mevo+, while it might be a great product, I've never seriously considered it. I guess it might be a bit of Apple vs. Android, but the majority of launch monitors I have access to are Foresight, which I enjoy. Also, due to the major YouTubers like TXG using Foresight, I'm just way more familiar with their screens, data points, and like that I can compare my results against sources I trust. The bottom line is I'm a marketers dream and they got me hook, line, and sinker. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

until the GC2 breaks then where will you go? 

 

To @andygg1986 🤣

 

(for those who don't know he fixes them NOW for cheaper than Foresight would. He's the man)

Edited by Celeras

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5* Ventus Blue 7X

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • Tiger Woods - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Tiger Woods - WITB - 2024 US Open
        • Like
      • 49 replies
    • 2024 US Open - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 US Open - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Tiger Woods - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Edoardo Molinari - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Logan McAllister - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Bryan Kim - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Richard Mansell - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Jackson Buchanan - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Carter Jenkins - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Parker Bell - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Omar Morales - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Neil Shipley - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Casey Jarvis - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Carson Schaake - WITB - 2024 US Open
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       

      Tiger Woods on the range at Pinehurst on Monday – 2024 U.S. Open
      Newton Motion shaft - 2024 US Open
      Cameron putter covers - 2024 US Open
      New UST Mamiya Linq shaft - 2024 US Open

       

       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 5 replies
    • Titleist GT drivers - 2024 the Memorial Tournament
      Early in hand photos of the new GT2 models t the truck.  As soon as they show up on the range in player's bags we'll get some better from the top photos and hopefully some comparison photos against the last model.
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 293 replies
    • 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Monday #1
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Tuesday #1
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Tuesday #2
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Tuesday #3
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Keith Mitchell - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Rafa Campos - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      R Squared - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Martin Laird - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Paul Haley - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Tyler Duncan - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Min Woo Lee - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Austin Smotherman - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Sami Valimaki - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Eric Cole's newest custom Cameron putter - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      New Super Stroke Marvel comic themed grips - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Ben Taylor's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Tyler Duncan's Axis 1 putter - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Cameron putters - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Chris Kirk's new Callaway Opus wedges - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      ProTC irons - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Dragon Skin 360 grips - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Cobra prototype putters - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      SeeMore putters - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 0 replies
    • 2024 PGA Championship - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put  any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 PGA Championship - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Michael Block - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Patrick Reed - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Brooks Koepka - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Josh Speight - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Takumi Kanaya - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Kyle Mendoza - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Adrian Meronk - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jordan Smith - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jeremy Wells - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jared Jones - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      John Somers - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Larkin Gross - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Tracy Phillips - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jon Rahm - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Keita Nakajima - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Kazuma Kobori - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      David Puig - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Ryan Van Velzen - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Ping putter covers - 2024 PGA Championship
      Bettinardi covers - 2024 PGA Championship
      Cameron putter covers - 2024 PGA Championship
      Max Homa - Titleist 2 wood - 2024 PGA Championship
      Scotty Cameron experimental putter shaft by UST - 2024 PGA Championship
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 13 replies

×
×
  • Create New...