Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Total fever dream here but as it stands there will be a huge price jump from a GC3 to a GCQuad for 20% more features. Not to mention if a GC3 is around 7k fully loaded with FSX, paying 11k for the quad will get you LESS features. You’d have to spend 14k just to be on par with the GC3 package. If they threw in FSX and full club head data on a Quad for let’s say 12k they’d have a 5k delta between the two.  The difference being you have more club head data and the option to add putting analysis on the Quad, as well as probably better accuracy. In the current pricing I don’t see a few more features being compelling enough to go from 7k to 18k.

Thoughts?

Edited by Karazy

30 minutes ago, Karazy said:

Total fever dream here but as it stands there will be a huge price jump from a GC3 to a GCQuad for 20% more features. Not to mention if a GC3 is around 7k fully loaded with FSX, paying 11k for the quad will get you LESS features. You’d have to spend 14k just to be on par with the GC3 package. If they threw in FSX and full club head data on a Quad for let’s say 12k they’d have a 5k delta between the two.  The difference being you have more club head data and the option to add putting analysis on the Quad, as well as probably better accuracy. In the current pricing I don’t see a few more features being compelling enough to go from 7k to 18k.

Thoughts?

I thought the same thing.

If the leaked pricing is accurate I would think they would eat into their Quad revenue. Unless you're a fitter, the GC3 value prop is simply too strong to ignore. I can't imagine they would allow that to happen, which makes me think we're still missing some details. Maybe additional features will be added to the Quad. Maybe there's a software hook with the GC3 we don't know about yet. One way or another, Foresight is going to make their money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mws92 said:

Ya, that matches the specs. Good find.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

7 hours ago, Karazy said:

Thoughts?

Ok, my best rationale for the pricing structure above. . . They make up in volume what they loose in Quad sales. How many units are they moving annually and who is buying Quads for $14-$20k? Fitters, pros, etc... that market can't be that big. This gives them access to a whole new market.  

12 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I thought the same thing.

If the leaked pricing is accurate I would think they would eat into their Quad revenue. Unless you're a fitter, the GC3 value prop is simply too strong to ignore. I can't imagine they would allow that to happen, which makes me think we're still missing some details. Maybe additional features will be added to the Quad. Maybe there's a software hook with the GC3 we don't know about yet. One way or another, Foresight is going to make their money. 

How to choose between a quad and this thing … I’m at a lost 

Edited by Benoit61

10 hours ago, James495738 said:

Never mind whether it will be good, bad, cheap etc. Does anyone think they have done a great job of 'leaking' information before pulling content back down? :🙂

Lol these "leaks" are sure starting to seem awfully suspicious.

Starting to smell more like guerilla marketing

15 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

Lol these "leaks" are sure starting to seem awfully suspicious.

Starting to smell more like guerilla marketing

Or they might be that inept… with Foresight, you cannot count that out.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Edited by karstens_ghost
Delete

42 minutes ago, Karazy said:

I’m going with next week. We’ve seen that they have the promotional/support web pages built on the GC3 side. I think it’s imminent.

You might be right. I hadn't seen this before but it appears registration instructions are rolling out. 

https://www.foresightsports.com/gc3-registration-and-validation-renewal

On 9/2/2021 at 3:47 AM, Karazy said:

Thoughts?

It doesnt need to be this way if they license the products based on usage rather than the device and I think this is where Foresight/Trackman are going wrong (assuming they want to grow the companies). If you want a GCQ/Trackman you pay 20k and effectively get an enterprise license even though you might only hit a few hundred shots per year.

The actual cost of a GCQ/Trackman cannot be > $10k, but they charge this because they can and if you are a fitter/teacher fair enough because you are using it as a tool for your job and making a living based on its presence.

If they licensed based on usage such as count of user profiles and shots tracked per year they could have their cake and eat it and never canibilise sales of the 'enterprise' version of the device.

A GC3/GCQ could be sold near cost, with a tiered license. This would enable them to get the technology with all features into many hands. Those who dont like a usage based model could buy the 7k/20k enterprise license. They could incentivise this even further by discounting the subscription model if you are a student of a GCQ teacher which gets better data to the teacher which should mean better golfers. It would also encourage more teachers to adopt GCQ.

There has been a lot of interesting talk on this thread about the GC3 costing 3-10k but this price will eliminate almost every potential customer barring GC2/Skytrak upgrades; a miniscule market. I have had a Skytrak since 2017 and in that time I have never encountered another person in the real world who owns any launch monitor other than teachers/fitters. The reason is a Skytrak at 2k is still too expensive for the vast majority of golfers. I have however been asked countless times if there is a launch monitor <1k which is usable and I think this is why you see so many devices launched in this price range. By attributing a high value to the device+sw, rather than its usage and most importantly its data they are ensuring the market will remain tiny...

Edited by James495738
  • Like 1

Great Point James. What I feel these businesses need to assess is when the price in this market will dip. Just like flat screen TVs use to be $20k, the ability to produce these items at more affordable rates will occur over the next few years. Companies will have to decide if they try to lower the price to gain market share or try to get as much money as possible before they lose it. Its only a matter of time before these things are under 2k and maybe even 1k with great reliability.

That said, I may pay whatever they charge for the GC3 if its good!

As a MEVO+ owner I would be disappointed at a $2k price point for the Launch Pro.  Based on their discounting this weekend, I suspect FS would rather do battle on price rather than unlock club / path data.

But, if Launch Pro ends up significantly higher ($2500-$3000) or significantly lower ($1200-$1500) I think it forces FS to unlock club/path data.  (At a price if LP is higher, or free if lower.)

14 minutes ago, games said:

As a MEVO+ owner I would be disappointed at a $2k price point for the Launch Pro.  Based on their discounting this weekend, I suspect FS would rather do battle on price rather than unlock club / path data.

But, if Launch Pro ends up significantly higher ($2500-$3000) or significantly lower ($1200-$1500) I think it forces FS to unlock club/path data.  (At a price if LP is higher, or free if lower.)

sorry to burst your dreams but it will be higher than what you are quoting for club data. 

• Haha 1

It would be surprising if the cost of the LP came in below Mevo+. Unless the bare bones LP doesn't include any club data beyond speed/smash.  Might not get path and AoA at $3k but that seems like too much separation from Mevo +. Additional costs should be for software / simulation

1 hour ago, games said:

Don't know what dreams you think you're bursting. And, I haven't quoted anything.

Next time you reply to one of my posts, read it first.

I read it and I'm stating that LP pricing you put out is totally wrong. As far as Mevo +, you are right they will run pricing promos to get their customers but I have received a hard "No" on club data. I don't know how accurate it would be even if they unlocked some club data. If they can in fact release accurate club data, they should release it as a subscription option. I think that would be enticing for those that already own a unit and want club data to continue using it.  

Edited by WallysWorld
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1