Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

2 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

Skytrak and Mevo + will be enough for what you need and the accuracy is within a couple of yards to TM4 and Quad unless you have a club speed over 115. 

Example I have been practicing with Mevo plus I know my yardage for every club. I’m  currently playing alone and a group of guys decided to skip past me and another group (older folks) because everyone is playing today and the course is really slow. Well I cought up to the guys and we got in a little argument because they thought they are pros. One of them made a $1K bet per hole and telling me they play here thousands of times. So of course I said let’s do it. Hole 6 528 yds par 5. I drove my ball 280 and birdied. Hole 7 140 downhill plays maybe 90 yds. Birdied and hit the ball five yds of a pin. Hole 8 398 yds hybrid 230 yds and birdied. $3K up on the guy and he just drove past hole 9 and went back to his car.

The moral of the story...LM WORK if you learn your yardage and shot shapes. Also have fun when you are playing and don't be a dick when you are out on the course.

Ps: this is my 2nd time here on this course. 

Not knowing much about skytrack does it offer any club data. Path and face are both pretty important if you are buying a device mainly to work on your swing. Probably don't need face as that could be determined with path and spin. 

Also we should start getting more information starting tomorrow or Wednesday, my bushnell rep told me he was going for training Monday and Tuesday on the launch pro.

Edited by jcrews5508

2 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Not knowing much about skytrack does it offer any club data. Path and face are both pretty important if you are buying a device mainly to work on your swing. Probably don't need face as that could be determined with path and spin. 

Also we should start getting more information starting tomorrow or Wednesday, my bushnell rep told me he was going for training Monday and Tuesday on the launch pro.

Mevo +/Skytrak - provide ball data. Which have some flaws but they are great tools on improving on your swing.

I understand that club and face club data are important, however the few LMs that provide this data at the moment are Uneekor EYEXO, GCQuad, TM4, Flightscope X3 & GCHawk- All of these are priced at $10K and above so I think it would not be realistic for anyone to expect that the LP will provide this data at the starting price $3K people have referenced. 

The leaks have already come out of the basic ball data and the 1 dot club data that you can upgrade to but will only provide club path. 

If you are looking for basic ball data and are new I would highly suggest one of these two (ST/M+) unless you are looking for better accuracy and some club data- but it will cost you. 

Edited by WallysWorld

10 hours ago, Wildest1 said:

xTsunami and statepgm: Will a $2,000 Skytrak do the job as is, or do you need extras and/or software subscriptions?

I'm hoping that the basic Launch Pro will give accurate distance, direction and shot shape, at home, at a reasonable price. 

I’m low single digits in PNW who doesn’t really like playing in bad weather so rough offseason for me. Right now I just hit balls into a net, but looking to add to that. More importantly, I have two younger kids getting into golf and want to foster that. So nothing hardcore from a sim perspective, looking for combo of good enough data for me plus fun for kids. I think that means some software extras on skytrak. 

4 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

Skytrak and Mevo + will be enough for what you need and the accuracy is within a couple of yards to TM4 and Quad unless you have a club speed over 115. 

Example I have been practicing with Mevo plus I know my yardage for every club. I’m  currently playing alone and a group of guys decided to skip past me and another group (older folks) because everyone is playing today and the course is really slow. Well I cought up to the guys and we got in a little argument because they thought they are pros. One of them made a $1K bet per hole and telling me they play here thousands of times. So of course I said let’s do it. Hole 6 528 yds par 5. I drove my ball 280 and birdied. Hole 7 140 downhill plays maybe 90 yds. Birdied and hit the ball five yds of a pin. Hole 8 398 yds hybrid 230 yds and birdied. $3K up on the guy and he just drove past hole 9 and went back to his car.

The moral of the story...LM WORK if you learn your yardage and shot shapes. Also have fun when you are playing and don't be a dick when you are out on the course.

Ps: this is my 2nd time here on this course. 

Argumentative? Mr. Emilio? Never. 

Congrats on -3 through 3. Hope you got your $3k… 

54 minutes ago, statepgm said:

I’m low single digits in PNW who doesn’t really like playing in bad weather so rough offseason for me. Right now I just hit balls into a net, but looking to add to that. More importantly, I have two younger kids getting into golf and want to foster that. So nothing hardcore from a sim perspective, looking for combo of good enough data for me plus fun for kids. I think that means some software extras on skytrak. 

Skytrak with some inexpensive 720p global shutter web cams for swing practice (Ball data, camera feedback on path, and knowledge of ball flight laws qualifies as “good enough” in my book). Skytrak and TGC2019 good for sim fun. Several real-world PNW lidar courses in the sim too.

Will be interesting to see this new offering…but the one dot and path isn’t really enough for me to change from Skytrak.

Here's a link to a promo video http://staging21.foresightsports.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/GC3-30-Sec.mp4 . Sound doesn't work for me.

Update: Video link doesn't work for me anymore, either.

I took it from this page https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qIa2B96vYtIJ:https://lp.foresightsports.ca/gc3/+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by noodle24

7 minutes ago, noodle24 said:

Bushnell who? 🙂

54 minutes ago, noodle24 said:

So easy. Plop it down and go. Seems like full info is coming soon. . . .

1 hour ago, noodle24 said:

"Request a quote now," means, 'All the bells and whistles will cost you $10,000+.'

7 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

How do you set up a camera with a Skytrak? 

Does anyone know if the Kit is going to launch? That was suppose to have club data at $4K. 

Two small cams on tripods (one Down line and one Face on) with Kinovea software running on same laptop that talks to Skytrak. Cameras are microphone activated for recording swings. Learned with tutorials on the golfsimulatorforum site. Pretty straightforward.

• Like 1

i clicked on text only version & down near the bottom of the page it seems to compare the difference between gc3 & gc4...

Ball Data

GC3

Launch Angle
Side Angles
Ball Speed
Total Spin
Carry
Side Spin / Spin Axis

GC4

Launch Angle
Side Angles
Ball Speed
Total Spin
Carry
Side Spin / Spin Axi

Club Data

GC3

Club Head Speed
Smash Factor
Club Path
Angle of Attack

GC4

Club Head Speed
Smash Factor
Club Path
Angle of Attack
Loft/Lie
Face Angle
Impact Location
Closure Rate

Putting Analysis

21 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Until US price is confirmed, other country prices are meaningless.

100% accurate no, but also definitely not meaningless. Foresight actually lists products in their Canadian store as USD indicating price is only influenced by exchange rate, as opposed to their eu store which lists pricing in GBP. Someone was quoted $9100 CAD before taxes by a rep which would be $7200 USD. In other words highly unlikely that “all the bells and whistles will cost you $10000+”

One really interesting opportunity for Bushnell is in the simulation space. I have a $99 Phantom device that can be paired with my phone. The app on the phone has all course yardages (tees, hazards, fairways, greens, etc.). It would be pretty dang cool to play "rounds" on my home course even if it's just a FIR/GIR game with little to no flight graphics. Pairing this device with their GPS software could be a pretty cool and useful experience to a lot of golfers.

Edited by trumb1mj1

25 minutes ago, Karazy said:

100% accurate no, but also definitely not meaningless. Foresight actually lists products in their Canadian store as USD indicating price is only influenced by exchange rate, as opposed to their eu store which lists pricing in GBP. Someone was quoted $9100 CAD before taxes by a rep which would be $7200 USD. In other words highly unlikely that “all the bells and whistles will cost you $10000+”

For the people who are wanting to get it, I hope it's a straight conversion for them with no hidden fees. I'm not holding my breath.

Here is comparison btn gc3 and quads With AoA included, it is going to be quite useful for swing coaching.

How about putting analysis? Can you still play putting without the putting analysis add-on with gcquad?

Ball Data

Launch Angle
Side Angles
Ball Speed
Total Spin
Carry
Side Spin / Spin Axis

Launch Angle
Side Angles
Ball Speed
Total Spin
Carry
Side Spin / Spin Axis 

Club Data

Club Head Speed
Smash Factor
Club Path
Angle of Attack

Club Head Speed
Smash Factor
Club Path
Angle of Attack
Loft/Lie
Face Angle
Impact Location
Closure Rate

Putting Analysis

No

Yes

Skytrak really puzzles me. Either they fired their entire r&d division or they still think they can continue sitting on their technology more than 7 yrs old, there is no hint of skytrak update at all. I mean plz don’t get me wrong, for the ppl using skytrak I think it is an excellent device unless your swing speed is at pro level, which is not the case for 99% of us anyways. But the lack of hardware update for so long is quite interesting. I wonder how big the market really is for a mid-level LM such as ST or M+.

I thought launchpro is really aiming to compete with these 2 from their initial website. but I might be totally wrong. Or maybe they saw our forum and realize hey, we can charge much more than $2k and ppl will still line up to buy it. Let us charge more then.

2 hours ago, Karazy said:

$7200 inclusive of FSX2020 or some comparable Bushnell branded software or is that just hardware?  Or do we even know yet on these international prices whether or not that’s inclusive of decent software?

1 hour ago, CantJumpHighHandicap said:

$7200 inclusive of FSX2020 or some comparable Bushnell branded software or is that just hardware?  Or do we even know yet on these international prices whether or not that’s inclusive of decent software?

That quote was the all in fully loaded price because that is going to be the only option for international customers. So that includes software, ball data, and club data. 

In the US the Rep said you will be able to buy just the unit with ball data before deciding whether or not you want to add on club data or software.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

That quote was the all in fully loaded price because that is going to be the only option for international customers. So that includes software, ball data, and club data. 

In the US the Rep said you will be able to buy just the unit with ball data before deciding whether or not you want to add on club data or software.

Oh wow. This thing really could be in that $2-3k range!

Can someone clarify what "1-dot" and "4-dot" means in categorical terms?

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

9 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

Can someone clarify what "1-dot" and "4-dot" means in categorical terms?

From the GC Quad. Refers to the number of stickers attached to the face of the club.  1 dot = smash, AoA, speed, path. 4 dots = face angle, loft, lie, etc..

I assume that is what your question was(?)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RH2020 said:

Skytrak really puzzles me. Either they fired their entire r&d division or they still think they can continue sitting on their technology more than 7 yrs old, there is no hint of skytrak update at all. I mean plz don’t get me wrong, for the ppl using skytrak I think it is an excellent device unless your swing speed is at pro level, which is not the case for 99% of us anyways. But the lack of hardware update for so long is quite interesting. I wonder how big the market really is for a mid-level LM such as ST or M+.

I thought launchpro is really aiming to compete with these 2 from their initial website. but I might be totally wrong. Or maybe they saw our forum and realize hey, we can charge much more than $2k and ppl will still line up to buy it. Let us charge more then.

Not to mention they’ve all but given up releasing software updates. Their last update was after many months (years?) of waiting and all they did was applied a new background image to the range and called it a day. 

• Haha 1