Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Ridiculous. I'd want to hear a good reason why on the July 29th investor call they say taking orders in September and now it's looking like January. What could have happened to cause this delay that they couldn't have anticipated? It'd be hard to blame COVID or supply shortages. You'd think they'd been aware of that a month ago.

17 minutes ago, noodle24 said:

Ridiculous. I'd want to hear a good reason why on the July 29th investor call they say taking orders in September and now it's looking like January. What could have happened to cause this delay that they couldn't have anticipated? It'd be hard to blame COVID or supply shortages. You'd think they'd been aware of that a month ago.

I agree.  A definite bummer.  Maybe they wanted to wait and unveil it during the PGA show in January??  Who knows.

In any case, the FullSwing Kit is supposed to be announced this month.  That should give us something to chew on until the LP is released.  

Hopefully its sooner than January. Reps are human and with so much misinformation they can be wrong as well. If I remember correctly it took the Garmin about 2 months to ship from preorder and most orders are still delayed so a preorder in Mid September for a late November, early December delivery of a very few early orders with most orders being fulfilled after that isn't all that crazy. 

2 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

My rep told me he was expecting a January launch. Said some may go out before then but didn't expect mass production till later this year. Didn't have pricing yet. Should be back from training today so may know more tomorrow. 

I'm building a simulator and my rep, who's a Foresight dealer, alluded to the same thing. He said they've received limited info. 

Agree but there are also a lot of people who didn't really care for the Sim and just wanted to bring it with them to practice. This is also includes a lot of the data people are looking for $4K.  

1.       Carry Distance

2.       Total Distance

3.       Side Carry

4.       Side Total

5.       Apex

6.       Launch Angle

7.       Horizontal Angle (Ball Direction)

8.       Attack Angle

9.       Club Speed

10.   Ball Speed

11.   Smash Factor

12.   Club Path

13.   Club Face

14.   Spin

15.   Spin Axis

• Like 1

Full Kit is late as well.

You guys know there's a run on silicon, right? Not enough chip manufacturing volume.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking pre-orders at the PGA Show; both FullKit and GC3. This stuff ain't easy right now.

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

2 hours ago, noodle24 said:

Wondering if you are really that ignorant or just trolling. 

go to your local car dealership and see how many cars are in the lot.

Here's a video to help you understand what's going on globally. 

Many products are being pushed out into 2023 already....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Karazy said:

Huge bummer. This thing can’t come out soon enough.

This might be the greatest marketing/sales ploy ever as I'm now trying to justify a Quad 🙂 . 

Side note, yesterday Costco pulled the Foresight simulator package off the website. Maybe there really isn't enough product to go around.   

@YoungJediYeah I'm well aware, and I bet Bushnell knew about chip shortages a month ago. My presumption would have been that on July 29th, they would made that statement because they had some degree of confidence in their manufcaturing process.

So I'm curious what specifically happened between July 29th and now that would cause a several months delay?

42 minutes ago, noodle24 said:

@YoungJediYeah I'm well aware, and I bet Bushnell knew about chip shortages a month ago. My presumption would have been that on July 29th, they would made that statement because they had some degree of confidence in their manufcaturing process.

So I'm curious what specifically happened between July 29th and now that would cause a several months delay?

Things aren’t making progress. Things that were quoted back in April aren’t even close to what they are now. Customers who had open purchase orders with distributors and manufacturers back in April had lead times of August at the latest. Those are now being pushed back to December of 2023 at this point at no single persons fault. 

Things like overtime limits and social distancing enforcements at these manufacturing plants overseas, overall capacity constraints, port delays, lack of truckers etc. there are way more pieces to this puzzle than people realize. 

Also doesn’t help that people with government rated contracts get to jump the queue and “steal” other people’s parts that were originally promised to them. Buts it’s actually allowed and required by federal law to do so. So those lead times that were given to them basically just get tossed in the garbage. 

Edited by YoungJedi

I think we are all also missing another main point. Corporate companies have a duty to the shareholders to promote their products at all cost. There is no way they’re going to say hey guys we have huge supply constraints and won’t have product for a long time, feel free to go by someone else’s product.

56 minutes ago, noodle24 said:

Probably not much.  Let's be honest with ourselves...businesses are out to make money and retain market share, not to uphold scouts honor.  Successful companies are extremely strategic with their marketing, and weigh the pros and cons of their strategies well in advance.  15 pages of forum talk that would otherwise not exist is very much a net positive for them at this point, at least IMHO.

How many people would have dropped coin for the Fullswing, Mevo+, or SkyTrak and then reacted "FFS, if only I had known Bushnell/Foresight was working on a new camera based LM I would have waited for it!!!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LBB said:

Probably not much.  Let's be honest with ourselves...businesses are out to make money and retain market share, not to uphold scouts honor.  Successful companies are extremely strategic with their marketing, and weigh the pros and cons of their strategies well in advance.  15 pages of forum talk that would otherwise not exist is very much a net positive for them at this point, at least IMHO.

How many people would have dropped coin for the Fullswing, Mevo+, or SkyTrak and then reacted "FFS, if only I had known Bushnell/Foresight was working on a new camera based LM I would have waited for it!!!"

This is correct……99% of the market does not even know bushnell is coming out with a launch monitor. Bushnell Is not worried about upsetting the 1% of early adopters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

I think we are all also missing another main point. Corporate companies have a duty to the shareholders to promote their products at all cost. There is no way they’re going to say hey guys we have huge supply constraints and won’t have product for a long time, feel free to go by someone else’s product.

I agree and now have to disclose the product delay. Analyst that follow the company most likely increased their revenue projections based on that information for Q3 and Q4 for 2021 and probably 2022 for that sector.

But to be fair, outdoor/golf is pennies comparing to their gun/ammo revenues. I looked into the numbers a while ago- you can probably find it an earlier post of mine but it was a drastic % of revenue in ammo/guns comparing to the other business sectors for Bushnell. 

4 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Don't disagree, they are in direct competition  for many but also serve two completely separate markets. There is an indoor market that radar will just not suit no matter how good the product. 

Correct. For individual consumers wanting an accurate home sim/practice tool, radar just simply isn’t the right technology. 

That’s why I’m so bummed about a possible delay. Somehow, in 2021, there just isn’t a viable portable LM competitor right now at this potential price point. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, h20man said:

At this price point I'm surprised more people aren't considering the Uneekor QED, I know its at $7k but it seems to have most of the features people are looking for in the Launch Pro. 

I’m very intrigued with it, but if the GC3 ends up being the same price or less and provides essentially all the same info/accuracy *and* it’s portable/can be used outdoors, it’s a clear win for the GC3. 

• Like 1

I know a lot of data has been coming from foresight dealers and more specifically non-US contacts because it was about the gc3.  There is no doubt that there will be a shortage but it’s very possible we could see the bushnell launch pro a couple months before the gc3 internationally. Foresight didn’t say the gc3 was launching in October. Bushnell said the launch pro is. We didn’t even officially or unofficially know about the gc3 until recently. 

it also worth noting that they can announce and have some unit’s available to meet the October release but the majority of the stock not be available until January. This is a common tactic for shareholders. It may be January before we even see Garmin R10 units in stock but they were able to “launch” a month ago with some available. 

I wonder if some of the delay is parts and some of it is waiting on the new release of FSX.  I expect that will be announced at the PGA show in January,  

also--Gc2 w/hmt and quad have 4 cameras -- 2 for ball data and 2 for club,   with only 3 cameras i dont see how they would ever be able to do more than 1 dot data.

I for one could never buy a skytrak as the delay alone drives me crazy

48 minutes ago, soupy01833 said:

I wonder if some of the delay is parts and some of it is waiting on the new release of FSX.  I expect that will be announced at the PGA show in January,  

also--Gc2 w/hmt and quad have 4 cameras -- 2 for ball data and 2 for club,   with only 3 cameras i dont see how they would ever be able to do more than 1 dot data.

I for one could never buy a skytrak as the delay alone drives me crazy

I'm sure they don't ever plan on doing more than 1 dot data with the bushnell launch pro/GC3. That's kinda the point of no longer selling refurbished GC2 and HMT units.

You either are a consumer that doesn't necessarily need the extra club data and you buy the cheaper Bushnell Launch Pro/GC3, or you are a PGA professional/club fitter which makes the extra investment worth it to you and you buy the quad.

16 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

Full Swing Kit has entered the chat 🤣

They were supposed to start delivering Full Swing Kit units during early Summer.

Full Swing's reputation is shoddy at best. There is a member on another forum who is a booster for texas tech that spent about $90,000 on a set up from them only to get less than stellar results, and when he reached out for customer support they basically ignored him.

The CEO pretty much did the same thing this past spring. He was answering questions in a facebook group, communicating details about the Kit, etc., but when they starting missing deadlines and not keeping promises he had enough of the questions from customers in the facebook group and left it altogether. 

Full Swing is all marketing and a subpar product. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw a Kit.

17 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Full swing Kit wont really compete for a lot of people. Many like myself are only interested in camera based systems as we just don't have 16 feet of space.  Swing Kit may be great just wont fit many of our needs.

This is the same scenario that I'm in with any radar based units.

17 hours ago, h20man said:

At this price point I'm surprised more people aren't considering the Uneekor QED, I know its at $7k but it seems to have most of the features people are looking for in the Launch Pro. 

Looking at the Uneekor website.  It looks like a great product, but I don't have the 10-12 feet of hitting area needed for it.  I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

1 hour ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

They were supposed to start delivering Full Swing Kit units during early Summer.

Full Swing's reputation is shoddy at best. There is a member on another forum who is a booster for texas tech that spent about $90,000 on a set up from them only to get less than stellar results, and when he reached out for customer support they basically ignored him.

The CEO pretty much did the same thing this past spring. He was answering questions in a facebook group, communicating details about the Kit, etc., but when they starting missing deadlines and not keeping promises he had enough of the questions from customers in the facebook group and left it altogether. 

Full Swing is all marketing and a subpar product. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw a Kit.

The way the company has handled the delay is very surprising and unprofessional. They could have announced a status update on their delivery. I think they have a ton going against them. #1- this is their first radar launch monitor- most likely ran into a ton of issues #2- Tiger Wood's injury- he needs to sign off on this product and this may be part of the delay #3- Garmin and Bushnell's LP announcement probably messed things up. #4- acquisition - even though majority of PE acquisitions are business as usual, this may have caused a delay on the product delivery. 

If I was them, I would work out all of the kinks and add more features to entice people. You don't want to follow Mevo + in the early launch. 

If you go back to Mevo + early days, A TON of people were pissed off that their tech was having a ton of issues. To this date, I still see people complaining about putting and high spin issues with their driver. 

20 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Think again.  Publicly-traded companies making demonstrably untrue statements open themselves up to lawsuits from said shareholders and scrutiny from securities regulators.  They certainly do not have a duty to promote their products "at all costs".  Company execs can and have gone to jail for stuff like that.

If they are having serious supplier constraints and can't deliver product they are hyping, they better disclose that to shareholders and regulators.

Edited by dwboston
  • Thanks 3

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g