Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Technically covered themselves in 10Q filing under section item 2. In the Forward-Looking Information is Subject to Risk and Uncertainty. 

• supplier capacity constraints, production or shipping disruptions or quality or price issues affecting our operating costs;

https://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001616318/85ab506a-b545-425a-8bfb-bf1013a7f389.pdf

I couldn't wait anymore for confirmed news. Too much speculation and each new tidbit of info discouraged me more and more.

As much as I wanted it, I opted for the on sale Mevo+. Ordered on Monday, got it today (Thursday).

Hope the Launch Pro doesn't disappoint.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Max 9* Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60 
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i230 6-UW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 115

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

36 minutes ago, games said:

For sake of argument, let's say a $3,000 price point (If that's even true) includes one-dot club data.

How am I any better off than with MEVO+ at over a grand cheaper?  Because I know my club path?

This is why I think the talk of a $3000 base price is garbage.  Way too high comparative to what's already in the market.

I should look it up, but is the Mevo+ accuracy comparable to Foresight? One of the reasons I'm excited about the Launch Pro is I trust Foresight data. 

I agree one-dot mode isn't overly impressive. In my opinion, if you have accurate ball speed, club head speed is irrelevant. Also, while the data geek in me wants as much club head data as possible, ball flight answers most (all?) face to path questions. 

• Like 2

I found my Mevo+ indoors to be unreliable with spin access, spin rate, and therefore carry distances.  I even had over 12' of ball flight and it was all over the place.  It just wasn't practical to play simulation or rely on for practice.  I don't mean to knock the Mevo+ it's great for what it is and that said I also have no faith that the Fullswing Kit will be any better at indoor accuracy. 

Edited by amj6135
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, games said:

For sake of argument, let's say a $3,000 price point (If that's even true) includes one-dot club data.

How am I any better off than with MEVO+ at over a grand cheaper?  Because I know my club path?

This is why I think the talk of a $3000 base price is garbage.  Way too high comparative to what's already in the market.

I also trust Foresight data more (and camera systems for that matter) for the type of data I'm looking for. For me though, I'm losing faith that it's going to be $3k (my absolute budget limit) or that it's coming out within the next month. I don't want anything to do with $200+/yr subscriptions either. There's also the lack of info about its compatibilities and U.S. pricing. These single nuggets of info each week started annoying me so I went with the Mevo+. I had great hopes for this, more than even the Full Swing Kit that I was also closely watching.

Both of these units no doubt are a step (or several) over Skytrak and Mevo+.

Nevertheless, $500 off the Mevo+ ($200 off, plus no tax and free shipping) which has TGC2019 and E6 compatibility was too good to pass up while being this annoyed. My setup is outside and I will be using an iOS device anyway.

Edited by sshadow2
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Max 9* Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60 
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i230 6-UW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 115

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

6 minutes ago, soupy01833 said:

what does the sale of Foresight to Vista outdoors do to the price or the market strategy 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-09/vista-outdoor-said-to-near-deal-for-golf-simulator-maker

Ahhhh it starts to make sense now. Vista is the same company that owns Bushnell.

• Thanks 1

M&A activity is at an all time high, which means a ton of companies are getting almost 30X EBITDA and even higher! $500 MM straight cash, hmmmm yeah I would sell my company! 

Hopefully they will let Foresight continue operating as they have before and just help with the distribution and expand the market. 

Edited by WallysWorld

27 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

M&A activity is at an all time high, which means a ton of companies are getting almost 30X EBITDA and even higher! $500 MM straight cash, hmmmm yeah I would sell my company! 

Hopefully they will let Foresight continue operating as they have before and just help with the distribution and expand the market. 

30X EBITDA.  It's the late 90's all over again! 😀  Probably a good place for this quote from Scott McNealy, founder/CEO of Sun Microsystems and father of PGA Tour player Maverick, about valuations in the dot-com era:

"At 10 times revenues, to give you a 10-year payback, I have to pay you 100% of revenues for 10 straight years in dividends. That assumes I can get that by my shareholders. That assumes I have zero cost of goods sold, which is very hard for a computer company. That assumes zero expenses, which is really hard with 39,000 employees. That assumes I pay no taxes, which is very hard. And that assumes you pay no taxes on your dividends, which is kind of illegal. And that assumes with zero R&D for the next 10 years, I can maintain the current revenue run rate. Now, having done that, would any of you like to buy my stock at $64? Do you realize how ridiculous those basic assumptions are? You don’t need any transparency. You don’t need any footnotes. What were you thinking?"

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

4 minutes ago, dwboston said:

30X EBITDA.  It's the late 90's all over again! 😀  Probably a good place for this quote from Scott McNealy, founder/CEO of Sun Microsystems and father of PGA Tour player Maverick, about valuations in the dot-com era:

"At 10 times revenues, to give you a 10-year payback, I have to pay you 100% of revenues for 10 straight years in dividends. That assumes I can get that by my shareholders. That assumes I have zero cost of goods sold, which is very hard for a computer company. That assumes zero expenses, which is really hard with 39,000 employees. That assumes I pay no taxes, which is very hard. And that assumes you pay no taxes on your dividends, which is kind of illegal. And that assumes with zero R&D for the next 10 years, I can maintain the current revenue run rate. Now, having done that, would any of you like tuy my stock at $64? Do you realize how ridiculous those basic assumptions are? You don’t need any transparency. You don’t need any footnotes. What were you thinking?"

Yet here we are buying a non monetary value digital code named "Dodgecoin and Bitcoin BEP2" - at $46,477! Weird times 

Perhaps I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the purchase news.

If Bushnell / their holding company owns Foresight, then perhaps some of their more restrictive policies and pricing (e.g. requiring a FSX license before purchasing other sim software) might be relaxed.

I think Bushnell prefers more mainstream type sales figures and a slightly lower return per unit could lead to significantly higher sales.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

Perhaps I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the purchase news.

If Bushnell / their holding company owns Foresight, then perhaps some of their more restrictive policies and pricing (e.g. requiring a FSX license before purchasing other sim software) might be relaxed.

I think Bushnell prefers more mainstream type sales figures and a slightly lower return per unit could lead to significantly higher sales.

I would think the opposite. Foresight and Trackman dont need to partner with anyone to do simulation unlike Skytrack etc.

If I bought Foresight I would want to protect the cash-cow revenue from the enterprise customers whilst dramatically increasing sales to individuals. This can be done with licensing so that everybody uses similar same hardware/software; foresight have already done the hard work with the hw/sw. The prices mentioned throughout this thread suggest Foresight is sticking firmly to its cash-cow MO but that means they can only sell a miniscule number of units/simulators etc compared to. Hopefully a different owner will see the immense potential in this market

Sell the GC3 as a device only with iPad/Android software - $1k = This will eliminate the R10 and cheaper competitors. Vast numbers of people would be interested in this combination.

Sell the GC3 with FSX minus the simulation component - $2k = This eliminates Skytrak and Mevo

Sell the GC3 with full FSX - £3k = This elminates Skytrak as a simulator and they keep all of the revenue because it is a closed ecosystem.

1 hour ago, James495738 said:

I would think the opposite. Foresight and Trackman dont need to partner with anyone to do simulation unlike Skytrack etc.

If I bought Foresight I would want to protect the cash-cow revenue from the enterprise customers whilst dramatically increasing sales to individuals. This can be done with licensing so that everybody uses similar same hardware/software; foresight have already done the hard work with the hw/sw. The prices mentioned throughout this thread suggest Foresight is sticking firmly to its cash-cow MO but that means they can only sell a miniscule number of units/simulators etc compared to. Hopefully a different owner will see the immense potential in this market

Sell the GC3 as a device only with iPad/Android software - $1k = This will eliminate the R10 and cheaper competitors. Vast numbers of people would be interested in this combination.

Sell the GC3 with FSX minus the simulation component - $2k = This eliminates Skytrak and Mevo

Sell the GC3 with full FSX - £3k = This elminates Skytrak as a simulator and they keep all of the revenue because it is a closed ecosystem.

I think the issue with that is that it costs substantially more to make the products because they use better hardware which is why it's more expensive than a garmin and therefore more accurate. Unlike a ps5 that they make 100 m of, this market is a fraction the size so they don't have scale to reduce the production costs. They also don't sell enough software to drive down the price. I bet as the tech improves the price does go down massively but that is years away. 

14 hours ago, dwboston said:

"At 10 times revenues, to give you a 10-year payback, I have to pay you 100% of revenues for 10 straight years in dividends. That assumes I can get that by my shareholders. That assumes I have zero cost of goods sold, which is very hard for a computer company. That assumes zero expenses, which is really hard with 39,000 employees. That assumes I pay no taxes, which is very hard. And that assumes you pay no taxes on your dividends, which is kind of illegal. And that assumes with zero R&D for the next 10 years, I can maintain the current revenue run rate. Now, having done that, would any of you like to buy my stock at $64? Do you realize how ridiculous those basic assumptions are? You don’t need any transparency. You don’t need any footnotes. What were you thinking?"

Didn't look at the valuation but a high multiple would be expected for a company that is technology driven and presumably has a large component of the business derived from monthly recurring revenue for which there is no cost to service. Just my .02. 

18 hours ago, games said:

You would have accurate AoA, club path, and club head speed numbers. Combine that with ball data taken indoors that is actually accurate and you have all the info you need to calculate any data point you can think of.

At that point, the Bushnell Launch Pro is measuring everything a Trackman that costs $20k measures before calculating everything else like face angle etc.

So basically, if you are savy enough, with the data points the bushnell launch pro measures (including 1 dot club data), you could very accurately back into any clubhead  number you can think of.

Also, the unit is accurately/reliably capturing spin and can be trusted indoors. The mevo+ doesn't (at least accurately).

But the launch pro won't cost $3k with club data i'm almost sure of it. 

With that being said even at $7k it is still more attractive than a mevo+ to me.

Edited by DinoSpumoni228

2 hours ago, noodle24 said:

I think this is probably great news to all the people outside of the US on this forum. 

I'd have to guess this makes the domestic partnership agreement pretty much pointless now to anyone besides the accountants at Bushnell who have to worry about how revenue is booked between entities internally.

Hopefully they roll it out to everyone at the same price with the same potential options now.

This will probably delay it's release though so that kinda sucks.

Edited by DinoSpumoni228

This part seems positive for timing (after hearing they were pushing out until January): "The Launch Pro, a personal launch monitor built on the industry's best and most widely accepted technology, will be available for purchase at BushnellGolf.com and select golf retail outlets nationwide this Fall."

1 hour ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

With that being said even at $7k it is still more attractive than a mevo+ to me.

Yeah, at 7k with the club data and the ability to use FSX plus other software integrated into the system I would be kinda disappointed I bought my GC2 when I did.   Now if it's 3k I'm pissed and please don't tell my wife lmfao.  I doubt it'll be that cheap but maybe unlocked without FSX?  

50 minutes ago, xTsunami said:

Yeah, at 7k with the club data and the ability to use FSX plus other software integrated into the system I would be kinda disappointed I bought my GC2 when I did.   Now if it's 3k I'm pissed and please don't tell my wife lmfao.  I doubt it'll be that cheap but maybe unlocked without FSX?  

I think it’s possible 3k-4k gets you the unit but with ball data only and no software (if so, great value in my opinion). That would then mean another 3-4k for club data + FSX (or some kind of subscription equivalent) to end up at the rumored all-in international price point of about 7k USD. That would all add up/makes sense based on everything we’ve heard. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, games said:

These are good questions each individual will have to answer for themselves.  If the base $3k doesn't include club data at all then Mevo + is actually providing some club data for $1k less. That said I haven't pulled the trigger on the Mevo + because 1) less space req'd would be better for me 2) ease of set up - if the LP has auto calibration that is a real benefit 3)  more accurate data with the LP. 

29 minutes ago, games said:

False.

Says who? You? There are numerous videos that show different online.

Radar isn't as accurate as a camera based system indoors. That is a pretty widely accepted fact.

I'd rather buy the most accurate option even if it costs me more.

1 hour ago, Indygolf21 said:

Agree. I just flat out don’t see the point in paying anything for data you can’t believe in. 

I've said this before (not sure if here or on another forum), but I think a lot of older people aren't really fully bought in on launch monitors because they don't believe that the info is really that accurate and look at it as more of a game.

In addition to that, many of them don't spend the time to research different options because they don't frequent the sites that the reviews are posted on, and just really don't care enough to look into it.

If you look at a launch monitor/sim as a fun game that isn't all that similar to real golf, 90% accuracy is more than enough.

The thing is these launch monitors are MUCH more useful than that, and they are really missing out by rejecting the idea that a computer can predict what your golf ball would've done in real life within a yard and a half of so of it's actual ball flight.