Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

12 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Keep me posted on GSPro. Since it's "third party", does it not run as well? Is there workarounds to get it working? I guess I should join the discord to keep up on that when I get mine.

I may have jumped in at the right time because it’s pretty easy to set up right now.  Just one program you have to download. As far as the difference between the two I’d say I slightly prefer the ball physics of Play.  To me the graphics are pretty close, however, I can run GSPro at very high or ultra setting and I get roughly the same frame rate as Play in full performance(running on a rtx3060).  I also like how customizable the graphics of GSPro are.  Obviously being able to play so many great courses for no extra fees is amazing.  I’ll probably play a bit of both for the time being but will spend a bit more time in GSPro trying new courses and possibly joining the tourneys.  

58 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I may have jumped in at the right time because it’s pretty easy to set up right now.  Just one program you have to download. As far as the difference between the two I’d say I slightly prefer the ball physics of Play.  To me the graphics are pretty close, however, I can run GSPro at very high or ultra setting and I get roughly the same frame rate as Play in full performance(running on a rtx3060).  I also like how customizable the graphics of GSPro are.  Obviously being able to play so many great courses for no extra fees is amazing.  I’ll probably play a bit of both for the time being but will spend a bit more time in GSPro trying new courses and possibly joining the tourneys.  

Great to know, thanks.

The GC3 bundle I just pulled the trigger on is the Players Plus bundle, so it includes 20 courses. Once I am sick of them I will probably try out GSPro.

I like golf. A lot.

If I don't have space for a full sim build out (I do have room for hitting into a net), does it make any sense to buy the CG3 over the BLP?   My only thinking is that if you do resell, the cost of the annual subscription is a sunk cost so you would end up being ahead if you bought the CG3 over the BLP.  

Hi all, has anyone had to do a warranty replacement for a fully unlocked BLP?  I had to have unit my replaced because of a problem with the battery (battery would drain really quickly even when powered off).  I received my new replacement unit today, but wasn't sure what the process is for transferring the full software unlock to the replacement unit.  I reached out to Bushnell and am waiting for them to respond, but was curious if others have gone through this process.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, armesjr said:

If I don't have space for a full sim build out (I do have room for hitting into a net), does it make any sense to buy the CG3 over the BLP?   My only thinking is that if you do resell, the cost of the annual subscription is a sunk cost so you would end up being ahead if you bought the CG3 over the BLP.  

Depends when you sell (breakeven vs. the subscription/year). Also consider how fast the tech and the subscriptions may change over that time period.  Demand may dry up or go thru the roof…no crystal ball.  I say this as a guy who has bought and sold A LOT of these products in the last few years, from a basic SC100 thru a Uneekor QED. 

I use mine only into a net or on the range at my club now.   BLP w/free basic for the first year was a no brainer for my use case. 

10 hours ago, armesjr said:

8 hours ago, 968cab said:

Depends when you sell (breakeven vs. the subscription/year). Also consider how fast the tech and the subscriptions may change over that time period.  Demand may dry up or go thru the roof…no crystal ball.  I say this as a guy who has bought and sold A LOT of these products in the last few years, from a basic SC100 thru a Uneekor QED. 

I use mine only into a net or on the range at my club now.   BLP w/free basic for the first year was a no brainer for my use case. 

Depends on what your needs are as well.

A buddy and myself have almost the exact same setups. We both hit into nets. He has a BLP and I have a GC3 on the way. He has had his BLP for a year now and its ben perfect for what he needs, which is mainly just a 2d range and dialing in numbers, something to keep the swing warm during the winter months.

I decided to go with the GC3 for the simulator experience, though I am hitting into a net, I have a PC ready to go and will have everything display on a monitor until I can build a proper simulator with an impact screen.

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

14 hours ago, dusterbuster said:

Hi all, has anyone had to do a warranty replacement for a fully unlocked BLP?  I had to have unit my replaced because of a problem with the battery (battery would drain really quickly even when powered off).  

How quickly are we talking about? I notice that my GC3 will start up in the high 80s after fully charging 2 or 3 days before. When I plug it in, it goes right back to 100% in no time. I have used it to 0% a few times and it took 4 sessions to get there. Is this normal? 

Edited by TourSpoon
Clarification

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

14 hours ago, dusterbuster said:

Hi all, has anyone had to do a warranty replacement for a fully unlocked BLP?  I had to have unit my replaced because of a problem with the battery (battery would drain really quickly even when powered off).  I received my new replacement unit today, but wasn't sure what the process is for transferring the full software unlock to the replacement unit.  I reached out to Bushnell and am waiting for them to respond, but was curious if others have gone through this process.  Thanks!

I have a friend who has a BLP.  He was having the exact same problem.  They asked him to try a firmware update or something along those lines before arranging for a replacement.  Last I talked to him about it, the issue was resolved.  

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

16 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

How quickly are we talking about? I notice that my GC3 will start up in the high 80s after fully charging 2 or 3 days before. When I plug it in, it goes right back to 100% in no time. I have used it to 0% a few times and it took 4 sessions to get there. Is this normal? 

I’ve noticed some funky things regarding the battery percentage on my GC3 as well.  It’s always worked fine and stays plugged in the majority of the time.  I did notice that it seemed to drain quickly the last time I had it unplugged.  I’m out of warranty now so I guess if it goes I’ll report on what a replacement costs.  Skimping on a quality battery on a $4k device would be pretty irritating.

Edited by kwettig

15 hours ago, armesjr said:

That’s ultimately why I went with the GC3 but I honestly doubt the resale value of FSX2020 license would be very high right now.

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

I’ve noticed some funky things regarding the battery percentage on my GC3 as well.  It’s always worked fine and stays plugged in the majority of the time.  I did notice that it seemed to drain quickly the last time I had it unplugged.  I’m out of warranty now so I guess if it goes I’ll report on what a replacement costs.  Skimping on a quality battery on a $4k device would be pretty irritating.

got mine last Dec 2021. That’s what I was worried about. Got lucky mine died a month ago. My new one is great. Bushnell said I can leave it plugged in all the time and discharge it once a month. Wondering if it’s better to just use it u plugged and not overcharge it  

My battery issues started showing up a few months ago (originally purchased my BLP in January 2022), where I'd notice that after fully charging the battery and leaving it unplugged, it it would be less than 50% after about a week.  It got progressively worse and more erratic.  I reached out to Bushnell and they arranged a remote support session with Foresight.  The Foresight rep connected to my unit remotely and ran some diagnostics, and received a bunch of error codes when trying to refresh/reset the battery firmware/settings, so they determined I needed to RMA my unit.  I received a new replacement unit from Bushnell within about a week of sending the original unit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dusterbuster said:

My battery issues started showing up a few months ago (originally purchased my BLP in January 2022), where I'd notice that after fully charging the battery and leaving it unplugged, it it would be less than 50% after about a week.  It got progressively worse and more erratic.  I reached out to Bushnell and they arranged a remote support session with Foresight.  The Foresight rep connected to my unit remotely and ran some diagnostics, and received a bunch of error codes when trying to refresh/reset the battery firmware/settings, so they determined I needed to RMA my unit.  I received a new replacement unit from Bushnell within about a week of sending the original unit.

I'll definitely need to check this.

I just got off the phone with support (Foresight) and they said to reset the battery by draining it from 100 to shut down and then charge to 100.  I thought I did that twice now, but when I got to 0, I didn’t let it fully time out. 

I really don’t think I have an issue, but reading about the BLP issues with a few posters has me keeping an eye on it. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

29 minutes ago, swoosh21 said:

It might be with the earlier versions. Mine was purchased during the presale and I have barely used it. I do have it plugged in but it still drains. 

Hi swoosh21, I'd recommend arranging for Foresight to perform a remote support session where they connect to your BLP unit remotely to test the battery (Bushnell customer support arranged the remote support session with Foresight).  I had to give remote access to my computer to the Foresight rep, but I could see him run the diagnostic commands in a command console, and the battery readings sent a bunch of zeroes for various metrics, which was a clear sign something was physically wrong with my unit.  Perhaps you have a similar issue/problem.

In any event, closing the loop on my original question, for anyone who replaces an unlocked BLP under warranty, here are the instructions for getting the unlocked registration transferred to your replacement unit:

To get your account moved over to your new Launch Pro:

• Scan the QR code on your LP as you did when setting up your original device (you can also access this QR code by selecting About, then Web Dashboard from the LP's touchscreen menu)

• Log in to your FSX Live account to register your new device - make sure this is the same account your original LP is registered to

• Skip the step where it prompts you to pick a subscription - we do not want you to be double charged!

• Once registered, respond to this email [this was the Bushnell customer service email chain] with your new LP's serial number

• We will then reach out to our software team who manages the subscriptions, and once they see that both devices are registered to the same account they will move your subscription over to your replacement LP

I followed these steps and Bushnell was able to get my unlocked registration transferred to my replacement unit pretty quickly (just had to connect the new unit via wifi after receiving confirmation that the software team made the transfer).

2 hours ago, swoosh21 said:

It might be with the earlier versions. Mine was purchased during the presale and I have barely used it. I do have it plugged in but it still drains. 

I plugged it in and it went to 100 in a few minutes and it’s been 2 hours and I’m at 70. I think this hard reset should do the trick. 

so i upgraded to this newest firmware and it has been nothing but trouble for me. I couldnt find my unit either on wifi or hardwired with usb. I kept turning off the unit 

and restarting and now i have a W1 error. i read installing the latest firmware may be a solution. does anyone know where i can find the newest or better yet the previous 

firmware so i can put in on my unit and hopfully reboot it to working again. Thanks.

3 hours ago, secfincorp said:

so i upgraded to this newest firmware and it has been nothing but trouble for me. I couldnt find my unit either on wifi or hardwired with usb. I kept turning off the unit 

and restarting and now i have a W1 error. i read installing the latest firmware may be a solution. does anyone know where i can find the newest or better yet the previous 

firmware so i can put in on my unit and hopfully reboot it to working again. Thanks.

Way to downgrade is on fs website. They had issue with previous fw.

Since setting up my warranty replacement (unlocked) BLP, I no long seem able to connect my ipad (FSX Pro) with the BLP over the local wifi network, although I can connect with a direct wifi connection between the BLP and the ipad (using the BLP's direct wifi signal).  Prior to replacing the original unit, I was able to connect the ipad with the BLP from within FSX Pro using the local wifi network, without any issues.  Strangely, I'm still able to connect with the BLP over the local wifi network with my PC using FSX 2020.  I just can't do this with FSX Pro on the ipad anymore for some reason.  I'm trying to remember if I did anything particular to get this working on my original BLP, as I vaguely recall having some issues, but I don't remember how I was able to get this working.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!