Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

6 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Congrats on the GC3! Super helpful. Thanks so much. Yes, will get GS Pro. We use the FSX2020 range for the data then inside 6 feet game. 

Is the GS Pro range data comparable and accurate to FSX? Wondering if you can get by even just doing the Basic instead of the Silver then use the GS Pro range 

They use a different algorithm than FSX but it’s not too far off what the unit shows.  I don’t really use it but they have a combine that’s pretty fun.  I don’t even know if there are stats that you can compare or export.  I’ll take a look next time I play.

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

They use a different algorithm than FSX but it’s not too far off what the unit shows.  I don’t really use it but they have a combine that’s pretty fun.  I don’t even know if there are stats that you can compare or export.  I’ll take a look next time I play.

I just downloaded and bought GSPro. The courses and range look incredible!!! So many top courses. Hope it keeps working with the updates. Thanks for the help. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

I just downloaded and bought GSPro. The courses and range look incredible!!! So many top courses. Hope it keeps working with the updates. Thanks for the help. 

I would avoid updating to the latest FW; some people who have upgraded were reporting that the latest connection method to GSPro was no longer working after the FW update. That is not confirmed AFAIK but there's not much reason to update the FW anyway.

My refurbished Launch Pro will be delivered tomorrow. It wasn’t until after my device had shipped that I found the code to get a new one for essentially the same price. I’ll post a little unboxing of the refurbished unit for anyone who cares. 
Just gonna wait until the full unlock goes on sale and hope that happens sooner than later.  Really excited about this thing now that winter is coming up. 

Edited by PeterHenric

I probably missed this in earlier posts, but how is everyone liking this unit when it’s used outdoors either on the range or hitting shots on the course? Does it seem to be pretty accurate? 

Mainly want to get this or a GC3 for some basic info for my students while I am teaching outdoors but will also take it indoors for personal use over the winter time. Another teaching professional at our club uses the FSK but I am leaning towards the Bushnell/GC3. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! 

5 hours ago, PeterHenric said:

My refurbished Launch Pro will be delivered tomorrow. It wasn’t until after my device had shipped that I found the code to get a new one for essentially the same price. I’ll post a little unboxing of the refurbished unit for anyone who cares. 
Just gonna wait until the full unlock goes on sale and hope that happens sooner than later.  Really excited about this thing now that winter is coming up. 

There is a code to get a new one at the same price as refurb??  Sorry if I missed it somewhere but I’m just looking at this thread for the first time since I was looking to purchase one. 

Edited by Crashhays

4 hours ago, CbusPGA91 said:

I probably missed this in earlier posts, but how is everyone liking this unit when it’s used outdoors either on the range or hitting shots on the course? Does it seem to be pretty accurate? 

Mainly want to get this or a GC3 for some basic info for my students while I am teaching outdoors but will also take it indoors for personal use over the winter time. Another teaching professional at our club uses the FSK but I am leaning towards the Bushnell/GC3. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! 

Outdoors and on the course is where this thing beats everything, Quad excluded. I call a tie with the Quad. If you use  impact tape it’s essentially the same for on course use.

Today was windy….recorded numbers, calculated percent differences from stock shots, including into, down and side wind on the home course.

Instant learning.

Edited by kiddoc

On 11/23/2022 at 9:14 AM, larciel said:

Gc3 lite?

I know… would love to know what this is.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

6 hours ago, kiddoc said:

Ball data only?

It has to be. Only thing that makes sense.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Just saw that Foresight is having a big sale on Software right now. I currently have the launch pro with the basic subscription and am looking to gain access to the 3d range (I don't have enough room for a full simulator build so will just be hitting into a net).  What's the most affordable way to gain access to the range?

43 minutes ago, armesjr said:

Just saw that Foresight is having a big sale on Software right now. I currently have the launch pro with the basic subscription and am looking to gain access to the 3d range (I don't have enough room for a full simulator build so will just be hitting into a net).  What's the most affordable way to gain access to the range?

Silver subscription or GSPro.  Either are $250.  Don’t think there are any other options for 3d range with basic.

11 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Silver subscription or GSPro.  Either are $250.  Don’t think there are any other options for 3d range with basic.

Tried running GSPro with FSx Pro 2.0. Downloaded all the files and extracted them into a folder. Still won’t connect. Anyone have any luck making GSPro work?

Guy on YouTube had it working with FSX Pro 1.5.6. Waiting for foresight to send me the older version link as it’s not on the website. 

Thanks

Edited by Frank_Dux

11 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Tried running GSPro with FSx Pro 2.0. Downloaded all the files and extracted them into a folder. Still won’t connect. Anyone have any luck making GSPro work?

Guy on YouTube had it working with FSX Pro 1.5.6. Waiting for foresight to send me the older version link as it’s not on the website. 

Thanks

New connection method on the discord.

Check #gc3-blp-connection

Edited by kwettig
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Crashhays said:

There is a code to get a new one at the same price as refurb??  Sorry if I missed it somewhere but I’m just looking at this thread for the first time since I was looking to purchase one. 

Go to budgetgolf.com and add the Bushnell launch pro to your cart. Use the code thpmembersonly to get it for $2975

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

Really appreciate it. Downloading the recent game changer app now from discord. It says you don't need FSX to start GSPro anymore which is awesome. 

In case anyone needs it, here is the old FSX Pro 1.5.6 download link send to me by Edgar A at Foresight Sports: https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/5XDSfcnAdc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J6golf said:

Is it easy to bounce back and forth between 2020 and Play? Ie just open the program or do they having file sharing issues, like versioning controls? Thnx

I haven’t had both open at the same time as I doubt my graphics card could handle it but I use the FSX 2020 range for swing cam work then switch to Play to play courses.  

4 hours ago, kwettig said:

Really appreciate it. I was finally able to connect. So much easier now just opening GS Pro & Connect then Game Changer. One less step of opening FSX. I just hit a putt in my office to test, but it works. Graphics are incredible!

15 minutes ago, gotword not allowedn1 said:

For the people using GSPro... Do you still use FSX at all or do you pretty much only use GSPro?  I have the silver package, but really want access to the library of course on GSPro.  

Just connected it and will start using it. It's all the data direct from the BLP. I think GSPro has more features. Better courses and practice as well. I was on Gold but our renewal is coming in 20 days. Going to try Silver and the GS Pro $250/yr. I'm tempted to see if FSX Basic package will work just as good since it has all the data points. The only reason now I would need the FSX Silver packages is if GS Pro stops connecting.

2022-11-28 (1).jpg

Edited by Frank_Dux
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

https://help.foresightsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406649401747-GC3-Battery-Maintenance-Device-Charging-

in case you want the max battery performance, here’s what FS recommends. Only unplug once/mo to discharge to 0% then charge back to 100%

Do you think that means “only” once a month or “at least” once per month.

I bet “at least” but I’m not sure.

2 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

Do you think that means “only” once a month or “at least” once per month.

I bet “at least” but I’m not sure.

When I spoke with BLP Customer Service when I had my unit replaced, they told me “only” 

On a side note for GSPro Range, it shows two data points 1) Face to Target 2) Face to Path

The numbers looks accurate comparing the target line to the shot tracer. I thought the BLP didn’t have face data (only the Quad did)

Edited by Frank_Dux
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

When I spoke with BLP Customer Service when I had my unit replaced, they told me “only” 

On a side note for GSPro Range, it shows two data points 1) Face to Target 2) Face to Path

The numbers looks accurate comparing the target line to the shot tracer. I thought the BLP didn’t have face data (only the Quad did)

So what do outdoor teaching pros and club fitters do?

If they work 5 hours a day they have to charge to 100% every day.

49 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

So what do outdoor teaching pros and club fitters do?

If they work 5 hours a day they have to charge to 100% every day.

Ah, I think in ideal situations it's "only" once/mo to discharge. I suppose it's different if you can't keep it plugged in, but I know some teaching pros just bring an extension cord with them if they run out of battery. I always was unsure about keeping it plugged in. Even our EV is lithium ion and only charges to 90%. It does have a function so that it stops charging. I always thought you don't want to overcharge the battery if you don't need to. On our first unit, we ran it off battery most of the time and only charged when needed. However, our first unit stopped holding it's charged and eventually just died and wouldn't turn on. I'm just following what they recommended on our new unit. I have another 1yr warranty on it again, so we'll see by the end of next year again.

Edited by Frank_Dux

3 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

It’s calculated.  Something foresight could easily do as well but it’s not going to be entirely accurate and would also infringe on an expensive data point for quad.  It’s probably within a few degrees though.

8 minutes ago, kwettig said:

It’s calculated.  Something foresight could easily do as well but it’s not going to be entirely accurate and would also infringe on an expensive data point for quad.  It’s probably within a few degrees though.

Make sense. Pretty amazing what these machines can do already. I think within a few degrees is acceptable for not paying that extra $13k+. You already see the path with the tracer then when it fades or hooks more, you can estimate if the face was square or not.  Loving GS Pro so far. Can't believe there are all these courses for basically $20/mo

I continue to have a real problem with missed shots (10 -12 out of 100) using my GC3/BLP. Been through many tech calls and sent pictures of my clubs, sim area and pictures of the ball being hit which they showed me how to capture from the unit itself. Made sure there wasn't anything reflective on my golf shoes etc. I wanted to return it for a refund but last spring they talked me into waiting for a software update. Now several updates later it's still missing shots. I'm setup properly (unit is level to the hitting surface/lense is clean/mat doesn't move) and familliar with photometric "best practices" from 3 years of Skytrak use. Anyone else having this issue?