Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

7 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Personally, this is the best choice (going Silver and GSPro in case something goes sideways)

On the GSPro Discord, there is talk that GSPro + Foresight are getting official support. I dont think GSPro is going anywhere for awhile, but that doesnt mean the rug wont get pulled at some point when Foresight realizes that GSPro is (probably) the superior product.

FSX Play is incredibly buggy. FSX2020 is solid, but obviously looks dated. GSPro is the way to go right now.

I agree. Hopefully Bushnell/FS won't restrict compatibility because GSPro is taking that market share and then cut them off. Some of the courses for FS are ridiculous at $500/course for some. Maybe too they'll realize they can't be masters creating all the courses too and defer to GSPro. 

Interesting with GSPro the numbers stopped coming in for last session but the sounds and graphics (birds, water) kept moving. Hoping it was just due to because I was cycling my BLP and it was on low batt when I plugged it in which screwed the software up. I'm a little hesitant now to upgrade BLP/GC3 firmware and GSPro software as it might cause an issue with compatibility. 

• Thanks 1

I found a laptop on Amazon for $730 with RTX 3060. I also saw two HP desk tops with RTX 3060. One for $709 (only 4gb of dedicated graphics memory) and the other $793 with 12 gb of dedicated graphics memory. 

I am thinking about getting an HP gaming desktop (Victus) with RTX 3060 12 go of dedicated graphics memory directly from HP with a discount through my employer for $662.99. It won’t ship until 12/23 though. Maybe an anniversary gift for my BLP since I got it last Christmas eve

Edited by No_Ugos

On 11/28/2022 at 11:02 AM, PeterHenric said:

Go to budgetgolf.com and add the Bushnell launch pro to your cart. Use the code thpmembersonly to get it for $2975

I know this was a couple pages back, but thanks for this sir! 

I kicked myself when I convinced myself to wait for Eye Mini a week before thanksgiving sale when there was the site coupon to end up at 2999. Didn't make that mistake twice, got my BLP delivered yesterday. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

I found a laptop on Amazon for $730 with RTX 3060. I also saw two HP desk tops with RTX 3060. One for $709 (only 4gb of dedicated graphics memory) and the other $793 with 12 gb of dedicated graphics memory. 

I am thinking about getting an HP gaming desktop (Victus) with RTX 3060 12 go of dedicated graphics memory directly from HP with a discount through my employer for $662.99. It won’t ship until 12/23 though. Maybe an anniversary gift for my BLP since I got it last Christmas eve

go desktop, may run into limitations with those laptops.

• Like 2

I bought GSPro while I wait for my new PC to arrive. I had to pay an additional $60/yr to join SGT for the courses. After I joined and paid the $60, I went to the courses but there is no way to download them. I’ve looked online, YouTube and tried the discord. Nothing. I asked for help on the discord but haven’t received a response. What am I doing wrong?

2 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

I bought GSPro while I wait for my new PC to arrive. I had to pay an additional $60/yr to join SGT for the courses. After I joined and paid the $60, I went to the courses but there is no way to download them. I’ve looked online, YouTube and tried the discord. Nothing. I asked for help on the discord but haven’t received a response. What am I doing wrong?

For GSPro, I go to practice then courses and download them in the software. Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1

I played a few rounds at The Home Course (my ACTUAL home course) and except for a few bunkers being a tad wrong and the lack of dense trees left of #10 (to not over load the GPU I assume) it’s pretty true to life. 

I downloaded a few more courses and will give them a s*** tomorrow. I can’t wait to see them with the new PC and compare it to FSX Play. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

I played a few rounds at The Home Course (my ACTUAL home course) and except for a few bunkers being a tad wrong and the lack of dense trees left of #10 (to not over load the GPU I assume) it’s pretty true to life. 

I downloaded a few more courses and will give them a s*** tomorrow. I can’t wait to see them with the new PC and compare it to FSX Play. 

wow that’s awesome playing The Home Course which is your Home Course lolol. Tell the creator of the golf course that he / she is a slacker messing up the trees and bunkers 😂

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to use a GoPro as a WebCam in FSX 2020?  They have a decent sale on the Hero9, and it appears to be 1080 at 240FPS.  I really need a wide angle lens due to my setup.  I was looking at some knockoff webcams on Amazon in the $75 range, but they are 120 FPS at 720p.  

It appears the GoPro can be used as a webcam.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gotword not allowedn1 said:

Has anyone tried to use a GoPro as a WebCam in FSX 2020?  They have a decent sale on the Hero9, and it appears to be 1080 at 240FPS.  I really need a wide angle lens due to my setup.  I was looking at some knockoff webcams on Amazon in the $75 range, but they are 120 FPS at 720p.  

It appears the GoPro can be used as a webcam.

If it'll stay plugged in to power AND use the 240fps, that would be a great addition. 

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

For anyone who’s still on the fence about waiting for the Eye MINI vs buying a BLP/GC3, I posted an update in the Mini thread. Won’t be coming out till summer ‘23, who knows maybe even later. 

Completely validated my purchase of my BLP, now to anxiously wait for my mat/screen this weekend and assembling my enclosure/buying projector tomorrow and fri! 

• Like 3

Guys, I’m a complete idiot when it comes to computer stuff. Can someone point me in the right direction for a desktop that will run my gc3 without limiting it? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-25l-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-5700g-hyperx-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-512gb-ssd-1tb-hdd-ceramic-white/6504331.p?skuId=6504331

would something like that be good? Overkill? Not enough of something?  anything better for the price out there?

Any advice is much appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, tjhanch said:

Guys, I’m a complete idiot when it comes to computer stuff. Can someone point me in the right direction for a desktop that will run my gc3 without limiting it? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-25l-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-5700g-hyperx-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-512gb-ssd-1tb-hdd-ceramic-white/6504331.p?skuId=6504331

would something like that be good? Overkill? Not enough of something?  anything better for the price out there?

Any advice is much appreciated. 

Depends on what you need the computer to do.  Project 4k?  Swing cams? Or just run FSX Pro?  Tons of options at different levels.  Share more info on what you mean by without limiting it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Depends on what you need the computer to do.  Project 4k?  Swing cams? Or just run FSX Pro?  Tons of options at different levels.  Share more info on what you mean by without limiting it.

Eventually 4K projector. Two cams. And I’d prefer the computer not be a limiting factor for any future programs that come out (within reason obviously). 

24 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

You’ll need an intel cpu. i5, i7 or i9 but i5 is the minimum 

Ryzen won’t work properly from what I’ve gathered. 

I've only been doing short game stuff in my basement in the couple days I've had my software codes. FSX Play, FSX 2020, and FSX FairGrounds seem to be going fine with a Ryzen cpu. Then again, who knows. I'm tempting fate a little here.

2 hours ago, HeeBGBz said:

I've only been doing short game stuff in my basement in the couple days I've had my software codes. FSX Play, FSX 2020, and FSX FairGrounds seem to be going fine with a Ryzen cpu. Then again, who knows. I'm tempting fate a little here.

I believe the Ryzen CPU is fine with Foresight.  It is the GPU that needs to be Nvidia.