2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

6 hours ago, tjhanch said:

Eventually 4K projector. Two cams. And I’d prefer the computer not be a limiting factor for any future programs that come out (within reason obviously). 

I would get a 3080 as a minimum then.  I have a 3060 and it does 4k but it’s not great.  Low fps on ultra settings and stutters occasionally.  If you’re running 2 cams on any kind of separate software and playing a sim game it will struggle on anything less.  Cams within FSX 2020 will probably be ok with the computer you picked but FSX Play is a bit of a different animal.  I’ll try to look for some combos…the problem is a lot of the computers that come with a 3080 are overpriced.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billknust said:

This is a misconception if you want to use GSPro. AMD does have issues with some of the FSX software, but plenty of people have had success with AMD GPUs with GSPro.

Yes, of course. GSPro is a different thing; just talking about the FSX Software. You're correct though.

Best reasonably priced one I’ve found with a pretty decent graphics card:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/660454/hp-envy-te02-0030-gaming-pc

I wouldn’t normally promote getting a proprietary system like a Dell, Lenovo or in this case HP because it’s very hard to upgrade and they come pre loaded with all kinds of bloatware/antivirus that can slow the system down but it doesn’t sound like you are likely going to be tinkering with it and the price is hard to beat.  Though this 3070ti is only a 20% improvement on the 3060ti of the build you shared so I would continue looking for a 3080 build if you really want to have something really capable of 4k in a decent frame rate.

EDIT:  thinking about it more I don’t think a 27% increase in price is worth it for the ~20% increase in performance.  It seems like graphics cards which were plentiful again for the first time in years a couple months ago seem to have disappeared again.  Nvidia is rumored to be releasing their 4070 and 4070ti cards early January.  It may be worth waiting to get a system with one of those.  On the other hand, if you need a computer now I think the 3060ti for $1099 is not a terrible price…and will run 4k at lower settings just fine.

Edited by kwettig

8 hours ago, kwettig said:

Best reasonably priced one I’ve found with a pretty decent graphics card:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/660454/hp-envy-te02-0030-gaming-pc

I wouldn’t normally promote getting a proprietary system like a Dell, Lenovo or in this case HP because it’s very hard to upgrade and they come pre loaded with all kinds of bloatware/antivirus that can slow the system down but it doesn’t sound like you are likely going to be tinkering with it and the price is hard to beat.  Though this 3070ti is only a 20% improvement on the 3060ti of the build you shared so I would continue looking for a 3080 build if you really want to have something really capable of 4k in a decent frame rate.

EDIT:  thinking about it more I don’t think a 27% increase in price is worth it for the ~20% increase in performance.  It seems like graphics cards which were plentiful again for the first time in years a couple months ago seem to have disappeared again.  Nvidia is rumored to be releasing their 4070 and 4070ti cards early January.  It may be worth waiting to get a system with one of those.  On the other hand, if you need a computer now I think the 3060ti for $1099 is not a terrible price…and will run 4k at lower settings just fine.

Much appreciated. I’m about 1 year from having 4K projector setup, for now just running on tv and hitting into net. Would it make sense to buy a lessor computer now and then upgrade later? You project prices to fall in the future where that makes sense?

1 hour ago, tjhanch said:

Much appreciated. I’m about 1 year from having 4K projector setup, for now just running on tv and hitting into net. Would it make sense to buy a lessor computer now and then upgrade later? You project prices to fall in the future where that makes sense?

It makes some sense to upgrade later but if you have a computer from a company like HP(or Dell, Lenovo) they use proprietary motherboards and power supplies that are non standard and present some difficulties when you are upgrading.

The most common thing when upgrading GPU is also having to upgrade the power supply.  So if a 3080 card is $6-$700 you may need to add a $100 power supply to that as well.  Plus the cost of someone performing the work if you’re not up to it yourself. You could sell the other graphics card to recoup a little of that back.  Everyone is different when it comes to what they can or want to afford.  I see the deal you posted is no longer there.  Here are a couple I found.

Decently priced 3060ti - Costco deal…nice return policy and extended warranty.  Good processor to upgrade gpu with.  Would get ~30fps or so on 4k. $1199.  

Best 3080 deal - should be able to handle anything.  $1749

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kwettig said:

It makes some sense to upgrade later but if you have a computer from a company like HP(or Dell, Lenovo) they use proprietary motherboards and power supplies that are non standard and present some difficulties when you are upgrading.

The most common thing when upgrading GPU is also having to upgrade the power supply.  So if a 3080 card is $6-$700 you may need to add a $100 power supply to that as well.  Plus the cost of someone performing the work if you’re not up to it yourself. You could sell the other graphics card to recoup a little of that back.  Everyone is different when it comes to what they can or want to afford.  I see the deal you posted is no longer there.  Here are a couple I found.

Decently priced 3060ti - Costco deal…nice return policy and extended warranty.  Good processor to upgrade gpu with.  Would get ~30fps or so on 4k. $1199.  

Best 3080 deal - should be able to handle anything.  $1749

Thanks man. I truly have no idea about this stuff, so much appreciated. I think I’ll go with the costco one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swoosh21 said:

What cameras do you guys use?  I recall seeing something cheap from Amazon.

They don’t have the one I bought in stock anymore but basically you want a 2.8-12mm lens usb camera global shutter with at least 120fps at 720p resolution.  A popular brand on a lot of forums is Kayeton.  Monochrome needs less light.

Kayeton Monochrome

Kayeton Color

You have to select see all buying options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kwettig said:

They don’t have the one I bought in stock anymore but basically you want a 2.8-12mm lens usb camera global shutter with at least 120fps at 720p resolution.  A popular brand on a lot of forums is Kayeton.  Monochrome needs less light.

Kayeton Monochrome

Kayeton Color

You have to select see all buying options.

Those cameras are great, plus they don't have an IR cut filter so you can use IR security lighting to illuminate the hitting area.

Got my PC yesterday! It wasn’t supposed to ship until 12/23. I ordered a 4k tv (43” for $180) to hang on the wall as a monitor. That should arrive on the 22nd. 

I’m looking for a nice projector now. My current one is 720p, but it got the job done with my laptop. 

Until the TV comes, the projector is my monitor, but I can see a difference on the screen between my old gtx 1050 and my new rtx 3060 and it should look amazing on the TV “monitor” and the screen as well once I upgrade the projector

Edited by No_Ugos

35 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

Got my PC yesterday! It wasn’t supposed to ship until 12/23. I ordered a 4k tv (43” for $180) to hang on the wall as a monitor. That should arrive on the 22nd. 

I’m looking for a nice projector now. My current one is 720p, but it got the job done with my laptop. 

Until the TV comes, the projector is my monitor, but I can see a difference on the screen between my old gtx 1050 and my new rtx 3060 and it should look amazing on the TV “monitor” and the screen as well once I upgrade the projector

Get ready for some amazing graphics!

• Like 1

This is by far my favorite thread as an owner of the BLP and I've had it bookmarked for ages. With that said, it has grown so long that it certainly takes a bunch of time to scroll through pages and pages to find the answer to a question I'm sure has been asked. 

Sorry if this is redundant but what does anyone have feedback on whether the upgrade to FSX Play is worth it? I'm currently running FSX 2020 on the gold package. I'd hate to pay for the upgrade and then start experiencing all kinds of problems to a setup that is currently running perfectly. 

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, TheZebra said:

This is by far my favorite thread as an owner of the BLP and I've had it bookmarked for ages. With that said, it has grown so long that it certainly takes a bunch of time to scroll through pages and pages to find the answer to a question I'm sure has been asked. 

Sorry if this is redundant but what does anyone have feedback on whether the upgrade to FSX Play is worth it? I'm currently running FSX 2020 on the gold package. I'd hate to pay for the upgrade and then start experiencing all kinds of problems to a setup that is currently running perfectly. 

Thanks!

Don’t you get it now on gold, check it I never use 2020 anymore.

21 hours ago, TheZebra said:

Thanks!

I bought the GC3 and have both Play and 2020. I started with Play for about a week and then later, installed 2020. I will not go back to Play. It is EXTREMELY buggy and the way the greens receive approach shots is like playing on concrete.

You can almost never take a drop. It is incredibly buggy and I had to force close the application on multiple occasions due to the inability to take drops or do basic things while playing a round.

Sure it looks a lot nicer, but I wont even boot the application until I see some significant bug fixes.

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

Double post...

I have been in the SGT Discord for a few weeks now and its quite active and very helpful. While I dont have GSPro yet, I am still working out kinks in my setup/device. Hoping to get some more help here on the device not reading shots.

I have a simple setup, shown below. The GC3 and my mat are on the same level, I align it with the included stick before every session and I use Birtees. I have tried with standard wood tees, but they go flying everywhere and are a pain, but it doesnt matter what I change in my setup, I get too many no reads. I am using it right now mostly to build speed, which it has been a great tool for that, but as I build speed, I am getting a lot more no reads. The big thing is my takeaway. My stock swing, I have a pretty deliberate tempo but have been working on speeding it up to build more speed and it is working, but in doing so I am getting a ton of no reads. Looking for suggestions to try and eliminate them. Not a ton of speed, started at 105 swing speed, now cruising speed is 110-112 and really going at it is 114-115.

Changes made:

Changed lights from standard incandescent light bulbs to bright LEDs (2 on the ceiling, 12 foot ceilings)

Vacuumed mat before using

Changed shoes

Eliminated gap between GC3 and hitting mat so there is no concrete showing

Stopped using the Birtee and used a black, standard tee

Hovered my driver off the mat to prevent possible movement of the ball

Tried teeing up the ball in various locations inside the hitting zone.

This ONLY happens with driver. In the 1000 shots I have taken, I have NEVER gotten a no read from an iron or a wedge. Rarely will I get them on putts, but I would say 4 out of 5 times it will no read when I am swinging VERY hard. When I do my cruising speed, I would say it no reads 1 or 2 times out of 10. I have a pack of blue Birtees on the way, but I am not sure this will help as I was still having issues with a standard, black tee.

Any help would be appreciated.

image.png.316388bf88c2c5b6b68a471644caa5f6.png

I like golf. A lot.

12 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

Double post...

I have been in the SGT Discord for a few weeks now and its quite active and very helpful. While I dont have GSPro yet, I am still working out kinks in my setup/device. Hoping to get some more help here on the device not reading shots.

I have a simple setup, shown below. The GC3 and my mat are on the same level, I align it with the included stick before every session and I use Birtees. I have tried with standard wood tees, but they go flying everywhere and are a pain, but it doesnt matter what I change in my setup, I get too many no reads. I am using it right now mostly to build speed, which it has been a great tool for that, but as I build speed, I am getting a lot more no reads. The big thing is my takeaway. My stock swing, I have a pretty deliberate tempo but have been working on speeding it up to build more speed and it is working, but in doing so I am getting a ton of no reads. Looking for suggestions to try and eliminate them. Not a ton of speed, started at 105 swing speed, now cruising speed is 110-112 and really going at it is 114-115.

Changes made:

Changed lights from standard incandescent light bulbs to bright LEDs (2 on the ceiling, 12 foot ceilings)

Changed shoes

This ONLY happens with driver. In the 1000 shots I have taken, I have NEVER gotten a no read from an iron or a wedge. Rarely will I get them on putts, but I would say 4 out of 5 times it will no read when I am swinging VERY hard. When I do my cruising speed, I would say it no reads 1 or 2 times out of 10. I have a pack of blue Birtees on the way, but I am not sure this will help as I was still having issues with a standard, black tee.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/404105cadf4a5444e772eafdc4b6c30205455c0e294657c9421d9b92becfdfed/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/404105cadf4a5444e772eafdc4b6c30205455c0e294657c9421d9b92becfdfed/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2022_12/image.png.316388bf88c2c5b6b68a471644caa5f6.png

Betting it’s the white tee.

We have the black ones, and my son goes at it 118-122……no issues

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

We have the black ones, and my son goes at it 118-122……no issues

Is your launch monitor and mat on the same surface? Mine are SLIGHTLY different. The black gym floor you see in my pic is 1 inch thick. My mat is 1 and 5/8. So the unit is SLIGHTLY lower than the hitting mat, then add a tee and its some inch and a half to 2 inches higher than the hitting surface. 

Do you think that the 5/8 difference could be an issue?

Edited by TomBomb51

I like golf. A lot.

40 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

I use the orange tees and it happens when I am not paying attention. If I have the ball teed up too close to an edge or the clubhead (with the sticker) in the hitting area it will indicate multiple balls being seen. Once it clears and the single ball icon shows clear, I can set my club back and I don't have any issues.

Last night, it only missed one shot when I didn't check the ball status. Of course it was the best swing of the night! 🤣

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

Just now, secfincorp said:

I’m gonna say your mat is moving when you “swing hard”. Your feet are creating torque moving it ever so slightly causing the misreads I had this issues and had to screw my mat down to the floor. (In attic) chexk the mat moving I had the same deal and finally got it fixed with securing mat.

Yeah this is my thought as well. I am not sure how I can REALLY secure it on concrete, though. My area needs to be semi mobile since I am in a garage. I am building a dedicated shed next year that I can do a more permanent solution so I may just have to deal with it for now, if this is the issue. 

I like golf. A lot.

1 hour ago, TomBomb51 said:

Yeah this is my thought as well. I am not sure how I can REALLY secure it on concrete, though. My area needs to be semi mobile since I am in a garage. I am building a dedicated shed next year that I can do a more permanent solution so I may just have to deal with it for now, if this is the issue. 

Drop some threaded anchors in and use short 1/4-20 bolts. The anchors will be flush with the floor when not in use so they won't affect anything.

2 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Double post...

Changes made:

Changed shoes

image.png.316388bf88c2c5b6b68a471644caa5f6.png

We don't know what it is, but we get together each week to bat the ball around and maybe have a couple of barley pops.  We all use the same tees, we all use the same balls, but one guy has misreads and no one else has them.

I think it is a movement of the clubhead prior to the swing that triggers the machine and takes the focus off the ball, but we have never been able to figure it out.

So I am of no help, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

2 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

Is your launch monitor and mat on the same surface? Mine are SLIGHTLY different. The black gym floor you see in my pic is 1 inch thick. My mat is 1 and 5/8. So the unit is SLIGHTLY lower than the hitting mat, then add a tee and its some inch and a half to 2 inches higher than the hitting surface. 

Do you think that the 5/8 difference could be an issue?

Error on higher rather than lower.  I have a similar mat and it will still move a bit when torquing hard with the driver.  Got to try to stabilize that as well.  Get a different color birtee as well.  I use orange and green with no issues.

8 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

We don't know what it is, but we get together each week to bat the ball around and maybe have a couple of barley pops.  We all use the same tees, we all use the same balls, but one guy has misreads and no one else has them.

I think it is a movement of the clubhead prior to the swing that triggers the machine and takes the focus off the ball, but we have never been able to figure it out.

So I am of no help, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

No, I appreciate the input. I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing it. A friend of mine has a BLP and he has NO issues with it not detecting a swing...and his BLP is about 1 inch LOWER than the hitting surface. Add a tee and youre at 2+ inches below the hitting surface, plus his lighting isnt as good as mine. He needs to come over and see if he can replicate the issue but I am thinking not. It has something to do with how I take away the club. The faster I take it away, the more issues I have with it not reading. And when I say "faster", I mean faster than a deliberate swing, so really not that fast at all.

6 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Error on higher rather than lower.  I have a similar mat and it will still move a bit when torquing hard with the driver.  Got to try to stabilize that as well.  Get a different color birtee as well.  I use orange and green with no issues.

I will do that, I will raise up the GC3 and give it a shot. I have dark blue birtees on the way and some velcro to secure the mat a little better.

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

if you can leave the mat on the garage floor maybe get a little silicon caulk and put a coupld of dabs on the corners and by the teeing area. you can peel it up when you move rooms without any damage. shoot if you park cars there just drive over it put a tarp over it or something, but it needs to stay down. the velcro will work also but just thinking on and off may rip the adhesive.