2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

On 2/14/2023 at 2:00 PM, kwettig said:

Buddy runs a 2060 in GSPro without issue in 1080p.  I have a 3060 and run in 4k 30-50fps.  FSXPlay runs about 20-35 fps for me in full performance mode.  It’s terribly optimized software that also doesn’t look that great.  Also some people can’t afford a new motherboard/processor, power supply and $800 graphics cards so I’d maybe suggest just getting better software.

You have a 4k projector or just outputting to a 4k TV?

Will be expanding my setup soon and would love to take the plunge into a 4k projector.

I like golf. A lot.

If I can go with GS pro and the basic package, this is all I need for , practice, simulation golf, ball and club data included.  Then I don't really need silver or gold package especially if FSX has way less course.

Did I miss anything?

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

3 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

You have a 4k projector or just outputting to a 4k TV?

Will be expanding my setup soon and would love to take the plunge into a 4k projector.

Both.  Love the 4k projector but need to upgrade the graphics card soon.  Just don’t know if I’m going to get a 4070ti or 4080.  Leaning 4080.

2 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

If I can go with GS pro and the basic package, this is all I need for , practice, simulation golf, ball and club data included.  Then I don't really need silver or gold package especially if FSX has way less course.

Did I miss anything?

Nope

10 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

What projector did you get?

Benq tk700sti.  I’ve had it for 15 months and it’s been great so far as long as you have a light controlled room. Can get washed out with too much ambient light though.  Will probably upgrade if the 5000+ lumen lasers ever come down into what I would consider a more reasonable price range.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 2:14 PM, JMA1181 said:

Anyone hook their iPad to their TV via HDMI cable while using FSX Pro app? I can hook mine up with no issues but once I open the FSX Pro app, it will not show the range on the TV, the screen goes black. I’ve tried it with two different TVs with the same results. 

It sounds like they block it. Would be interested if you have an AppleTV whether screen mirroring will work.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:18 AM, DroppingBombs said:

I’ve never tried to see the ball flight on software outside when weather gets better I might need to actually check that. I usually take it on course for wedges and carry distances, never really use it on tee box’s. I always use my gamer ball prov1 left dot so no idea. It’s not so much the speed because the distances is still there almost. But the flight I mean is like something I’ve never seen. I’m floating at a +2 and usually average 65 70% of fairways. My closest to target line is about 25 yards left some go 100 left. 

1.45 to 1.48 club heads usually around 118 119 on the gc3. The distance seems to be there but the ball flight is insane. I grabbed a pic of the only good one the gc3 even showed and it was still 75 feet left of target.  Some have been a 100yrds left and still went 300. But said I pushed it 3* right. I play a pretty straight ball with driver in real life and this thing will not go right. I could hit 70 drives and not one will finish right of target. 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/9f462c21c1015647e0dccd5b561a219a6d226dc96886f2627d5dfb4d2e65606b/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/9f462c21c1015647e0dccd5b561a219a6d226dc96886f2627d5dfb4d2e65606b/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/FBF1FA11-B0F2-4FF3-805A-241F46B0404E.jpeg.574f855805f65d6c532c6e1f96126364.jpeg

@DroppingBombs any luck with the hook issue? Having the same problem on my launch pro

10 hours ago, lookylookitzadam said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to pull data from a session that wasn’t using the iPad?  For instance, working on wedges in Ball Mode testing balls but want to compare results when I get home from the range. 

So using the device in absent of a virtual range option is basically a one and done session with no real chance to go back. 

• Sad 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

On 2/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, JMA1181 said:

Anyone hook their iPad to their TV via HDMI cable while using FSX Pro app? I can hook mine up with no issues but once I open the FSX Pro app, it will not show the range on the TV, the screen goes black. I’ve tried it with two different TVs with the same results. 

Same issue. Wonder why it’s blocked.  

On 2/17/2023 at 1:42 PM, kwettig said:
On 2/17/2023 at 10:49 AM, shaolingolfer said:

Did I miss anything?

Nope

So for my use.  There's no reason to get a GC3 other than BLP requires a $250 annual fee for basic package?

16 minutes ago, IC3BURGH said:

How do these devices measure launch if I am on an uneven lie? Let's say the BLP/GC3 and I are on a 5* upslope. Ball launches 25*. Is that 25* launch relative to a flat lie or relative to the orientation of  the BLP/GC3?

There is an electronic level in the LM that will zero out small amounts of tilt of the LM to give you values relative to a flat lie. If it's really far off though then your results may suffer.

So my GC3 has been packed for a month during my move to a new house in a golf community. The GC3 will be transitioning to being used on the range as well as on the patio. My brother was visiting so I got the GC3 out the day before and reconnected it to the internet to make sure it was updated etc. So he comes by and I set up the net and pull out the 55" smart tv I have on wheels. After 30 minutes I thought I was going to throw it in the pool. Here are the lessons learned. 

• The internet pick-up on the laptop may be really strong and superfast, but the GC3 has limited range (seems to be 25-30 feet) 
  • If you try to use the GC3 in isolation and you accidentally have it on left hand mode, it will take you a while to figure it out, but eventually you will (Duh!) 
  • The corded application from the unit to laptop is flawless and really enhances ball flight 
  • Pitch and Putt is a great match play course and goes well with adult beverages
  • Pitch and Putt with medium wind translates into a 15 mph wind 

Anyway, we played the Pitch and Putt then we played it with rain and  wind. It ended up being a great time. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

On 2/20/2023 at 4:29 PM, shaolingolfer said:

So for my use.  There's no reason to get a GC3 other than BLP requires a $250 annual fee for basic package?

That’s all that’s required for now.  There was talk about official integration and that would require the gold subscription but it may be on hold pending trackman vs GSPro lawsuit.  Still at $699 a year I think it’s a better value proposition than buying GC3 at this point.  And they have sales a few times a year to buy the unlock for $3k.

5 minutes ago, kwettig said:

That’s all that’s required for now.  There was talk about official integration and that would require the gold subscription but it may be on hold pending trackman vs GSPro lawsuit.  Still at $699 a year I think it’s a better value proposition than buying GC3 at this point.  And they have sales a few times a year to buy the unlock for $3k.

blp.png

26 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Was that a screenshot from the past or is that an active promo right now? I have been waiting for one of these to upgrade. Any info is appreciated.

Looks like it’s available now. 

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/products/launch-monitors/launch-pro/

What's the advantage of FSX over GSpro?

Or what's the advantage of having both.

Edited by shaolingolfer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

I am considering the upgrade and am also going through the pros and cons.  The cost in general might change, as it did in the fall, but here are the basics....

1. You need some sort of subscription to use GSPro, so as of now that is $250 per year, plus the cost of GSPro

2. Therefore if you were just on the basic, it would take 10 years to recoup cost (not worth it).

3. I am currently on Silver, and don't miss any of the gold features.  It is still $499 a year (so 5 years to recoup costs, but in theory increases the ability to resell it I guess).

4. I think they made people pay a $500 upgrade fee if they wanted play and had previously purchased unlimited.  Therefore these type of shenanigans might happen in the future.

5. There is chatter about a possible future official integration with GSPro, but currently support for GSpro is not guaranteed.  

6. I would think if you are currently a gold subscriber and plan on renewing that, this is no brainer to update assuming you can afford it.

7.  If you bought the unit at $3,000 and then bought this for $2,500, I feel like you made out pretty well.

8.  FXPlay is a work in progress in my opinion. It could get better, but could also just stay buggy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

I’m not really sure.  I have GC3 and I could sell my FSX courses and licenses and I wouldn’t miss them at all.  I’ve only used FSX Play once since I got GSPro to play pitch and putt.  I’ve used FSX2020 range a handful of times because of the ease of video replay use.  I will eventually set up OBS to do mic triggered auto replay and when I do that I will probably not use FSX at all anymore.  Better range data sorting and comparisons are coming to GSPro I’d say that’s really the only downside is if you’re doing comparisons it’s very easy to do in FSX2020.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 1:20 AM, karstens_ghost said:

It sounds like they block it. Would be interested if you have an AppleTV whether screen mirroring will work.

Doesn’t work either.  I use same iPad to mirror numerous apps on multiple TVs (both Smart TV and AppleTV puck), but no luck with FSX Pro (Basic).

Foresight Sports splash screen, then blank. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 968cab said:

Doesn’t work either.  I use same iPad to mirror numerous apps on multiple TVs (both Smart TV and AppleTV puck), but no luck with FSX Pro (Basic).

Foresight Sports splash screen, then blank. 

According to the app developers, “we are prevented by the unity platform, but are working with them on a solution.”

That was last April. 

I’d suggest going to the App Store, link below, and rating FSX Pro and leaving feedback about the need for mirroring capabilities. 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fsx-pro/id1515823777

G425 LST 9
G425 LST 14.5
TS3 18*
S55 or i210
Glide 3.0 54* 58*
Ping PLD Anser D

On 1/10/2023 at 5:52 PM, b_Jammin said:

Any suggestions for replacing the reflective stickers? I got some off of eBay a few months ago but the adhesive was terrible…

I bought this and it works:

Salzmann 3M Reflective Tape - Universal High Visibility Tape for Backpacks, Bicycles, Helmets - Made with 3M Reflective Material https://amzn.eu/d/95PIh7K