Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Ok.  I have the BLP coming, try to figure out the enclosure.  Carl's place recommends at least 10 to 12 ft from screen to avoid bounce back.  At first I am thinking about 7 ft, is the bounce back really that bad?  I never notice anything like that when I am at numerous golf simulator.  

Edited by shaolingolfer

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

1 hour ago, shaolingolfer said:

Ok.  I have the BLP coming, try to figure the enclosure.  Carl's place recommend at least 10 to 12 ft from screen to avoid bounce back.  At first I am thinking about 7 ft, is the bounce back really that bad?  I never notice anything like that when I am at numerous golf simulator.  

My buddy got a carls premium and it has quite a bit of bounce back.  IMO he just needs to take off some bungees and it would be fine.  I’m aware of quite a few people that I play GSPro online with that are at 7-8’ from screen and they are fine.    Keep in mind (depending on the width of the enclosure) if you have carls it’s 5’ deep standard and if you’re hitting from 7’ you run the risk of hitting the enclosure with your club follow through.

I have a smallish room that I built my simulator in The total width and depth dimensions are 11' wide and 11' deep. There is about 6' from the front of my mat to the front of the screen and there is a little bit of bounce back. I had to buy 2 separate memory foam pads to attach to the wall to help keep the ball from bouncing back too hard. I can hit driver in there and I don't worry about it having enough force to actually hit anything and do any damage. The ceiling is 9' tall and I wish it was at least 9.5'. I have accidentally hit it a couple times when really swinging hard with my Driver.

4 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

Ok.  I have the BLP coming, try to figure out the enclosure.  Carl's place recommends at least 10 to 12 ft from screen to avoid bounce back.  At first I am thinking about 7 ft, is the bounce back really that bad?  I never notice anything like that when I am at numerous golf simulator.  

I have the cheapest carls option and I hit about 6 ft from the screen.  Driver ball speed is about 160.  I have 14 inches behind the screen.  You just need to make sure your bungees aren’t super tight.  I took a few out.  The carls screen is nice.  I only use it for golf, so I didn’t feel like I needed to upgrade to the premium.

1 hour ago, gotword not allowedn1 said:

I have the cheapest carls option and I hit about 6 ft from the screen.  Driver ball speed is about 160.  I have 14 inches behind the screen.  You just need to make sure your bungees aren’t super tight.  I took a few out.  The carls screen is nice.  I only use it for golf, so I didn’t feel like I needed to upgrade to the premium.

Is the premium more durable and not as loud?

Any trick to getting an iPad to see the BLP when on the same network? I think I’ve tried everything.

“Local Network” is turned on on the iPad for the FSX Pro app. No problem getting my laptop to see it. 

Connecting to the Wi-Fi the BLP gives off is fine but I’d rather not have to switch. 

6 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Any trick to getting an iPad to see the BLP when on the same network? I think I’ve tried everything.

“Local Network” is turned on on the iPad for the FSX Pro app. No problem getting my laptop to see it. 

Connecting to the Wi-Fi the BLP gives off is fine but I’d rather not have to switch. 

I have only been able to connect to the devices built in wi fi 

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first day I took the GC3 to the range. I was so impressed with how it performed off of the turf. I did use iphone app, but that was challenging to select the clubs. Somehow, I was able and got some really good data. I did have an issue getting connected but read the help page and was quickly able to connect using the built in wifi. I can see that an iPad being a better option or just use the unit as a standalone. 

One really standout point is that it was so much easier to hit driver consistently on the range versus being inside in a visually restricted environment. My swing speed and ball speed was consistently higher even with the Titleist range balls. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:48 AM, TourSpoon said:

Yesterday was the first day I took the GC3 to the range. I was so impressed with how it performed off of the turf. I did use iphone app, but that was challenging to select the clubs. Somehow, I was able and got some really good data. I did have an issue getting connected but read the help page and was quickly able to connect using the built in wifi. I can see that an iPad being a better option or just use the unit as a standalone. 

One really standout point is that it was so much easier to hit driver consistently on the range versus being inside in a visually restricted environment. My swing speed and ball speed was consistently higher even with the Titleist range balls. 

it really shines on the course as well!

Iphone only, not Android?

How accurate is the club data? Thinking Club path, angle of attack. Sounds like you have to use stickers too. Thinking about splitting this unit with a friend, he is LH and I am RH, would that pose any issues either? This would be used outdoor on a range primarily, or on the course if it is easy. We are primarily looking for club data over ball data (also would be stuck with bad range balls often which ruins the ball data). Thank you!

22 minutes ago, FuzzyKnuckles said:

How accurate is the club data? Thinking Club path, angle of attack. Sounds like you have to use stickers too. Thinking about splitting this unit with a friend, he is LH and I am RH, would that pose any issues either? This would be used outdoor on a range primarily, or on the course if it is easy. We are primarily looking for club data over ball data (also would be stuck with bad range balls often which ruins the ball data). Thank you!

Data is accurate; for club data, you'll have to use a sticker.

It's extremely easy to setup, so it'll be nice for plopping it down on the course and getting data that way. 

Obviously, you'll have to move it each time when it comes to switching RH/LH, but it's ease of use makes it not that much of a hassle.

• Like 1

Just received my BLP yesterday and had a few questions for you guys.

Firstly, I’m having trouble getting the unit to recognize the alignment stick so I can calibrate it. I got it to recognize it for a split second once, but besides that I get nothing. Is there a trick to this that I’m not aware of?

Secondly, I am supposed to receive a 30 day trial of the Gold membership. I downloaded FS Play on my laptop and it asks for a license number to unlock anything. There is nowhere that I can find to enter my login info to try out the software. Am I missing something here as well?

Thanks for any help

7 hours ago, JackGatling said:

Just received my BLP yesterday and had a few questions for you guys.

Firstly, I’m having trouble getting the unit to recognize the alignment stick so I can calibrate it. I got it to recognize it for a split second once, but besides that I get nothing. Is there a trick to this that I’m not aware of?

Secondly, I am supposed to receive a 30 day trial of the Gold membership. I downloaded FS Play on my laptop and it asks for a license number to unlock anything. There is nowhere that I can find to enter my login info to try out the software. Am I missing something here as well?

Thanks for any help

Line up the middle of the alignment stick with the middle of the BLP. That's all it takes

53 minutes ago, JimmyC59 said:

Line up the middle of the alignment stick with the middle of the BLP. That's all it takes

I was afraid it was supposed to be that easy, I think something may be wrong with my unit because I’ve tried putting it in every orientation within a 5’ radius of the thing and it still won’t pick it up.

53 minutes ago, JimmyC59 said:

Oh, and get GSPRO. At $250/year for hundreds of courses, it's a bargain.

I’m coming from a Garmin R10 and have been using GSPro for a while. No doubt the best value out there! Only thing that worries me is the current lawsuit, hopefully we don’t get locked out at some point.

12 hours ago, JackGatling said:

I was afraid it was supposed to be that easy, I think something may be wrong with my unit because I’ve tried putting it in every orientation within a 5’ radius of the thing and it still won’t pick it up.

I’m coming from a Garmin R10 and have been using GSPro for a while. No doubt the best value out there! Only thing that worries me is the current lawsuit, hopefully we don’t get locked out at some point.

Are you sure the unit is set to right hand? Assuming your right handed. 

1 hour ago, JackGatling said:

Yes, I went through all the settings and made sure I wasn’t missing something 

You need to get ahold of foresight/bushnell they had a bad batch of alignment rods and were replacing them. Maybe yours fell in that group. Does it pick up the stickers on the club face? 

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

U505 1 iron Ventus Black 10tx

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

Just now, DroppingBombs said:

You need to get ahold of foresight/bushnell they had a bad batch of alignment rods and were replacing them. Maybe yours fell in that group. Does it pick up the stickers on the club face? 

Yeah I’ve got a support ticket pending right now, but it’s been almost 48 hrs with no response. I guess I’ll have to call.

Yeah it seems to be giving me club data so I’m assuming it’s picking up the stickers

Just now, JackGatling said:

Yeah I’ve got a support ticket pending right now, but it’s been almost 48 hrs with no response. I guess I’ll have to call.

Yeah it seems to be giving me club data so I’m assuming it’s picking up the stickers

Yeah just a bad alignment stick then if the club data’s working. They had some they had issues with. 

• Thanks 1

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

13 hours ago, Yourdadsplug said:

Just got my BLP , having issues with my alignment stick wanting to calculate and also having MULTIPLE miss reads. Saying other balls in the area or simply just not picking up shots. Any ideas or tips would be appreciated! 

I contacted Bushnell about the alignment stick, they immediately replied that they were sending me a new one and a prepaid label to send back the faulty one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackGatling said:

I contacted Bushnell about the alignment stick, they immediately replied that they were sending me a new one and a prepaid label to send back the faulty one

Good to hear that’s what I figured. 

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

On 3/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, JackGatling said:

Well I received the new alignment stick…still won’t pick it up at all. Bought a refurbished unit and I’m starting to wonder if it’s just faulty.

I’m also receiving some weird club path readings, 7°-10° in to out. I usually play a slight pull-fade if anything, and I’m snap hooking every other shot on the launch pro in GSPro. I’m not saying I’m immune to the occasional hook, but never this often.

13 hours ago, JackGatling said:

Well I received the new alignment stick…still won’t pick it up at all. Bought a refurbished unit and I’m starting to wonder if it’s just faulty.

I’m also receiving some weird club path readings, 7°-10° in to out. I usually play a slight pull-fade if anything, and I’m snap hooking every other shot on the launch pro in GSPro. I’m not saying I’m immune to the occasional hook, but never this often.

With the alignment stick, stupid question but are you putting it up far enough? I find if I put it centered with the BLP it often won't pick it up, it needs to be forward of the unit a bit to get a good reading. On the path and shot shape, that could also be indoor swing syndrome. I tend to hit way more snap hooks indoors than outdoors, even after playing indoors quite a bit I tend to have a much flatter swing indoors than out.

44 minutes ago, whumber said:

With the alignment stick, stupid question but are you putting it up far enough? I find if I put it centered with the BLP it often won't pick it up, it needs to be forward of the unit a bit to get a good reading. On the path and shot shape, that could also be indoor swing syndrome. I tend to hit way more snap hooks indoors than outdoors, even after playing indoors quite a bit I tend to have a much flatter swing indoors than out.

So as far as the alignment stick goes, I was being an idiot and had a usb cord wrapped around the device for storage and noticed it was blocking the bottom camera. Low and behold, the second stick they sent me works like a charm!

I use it primarily outdoors into a net, so I’m not sure about the indoor swing syndrome hypothesis, but that definitely could be the case. I’ll have to take it to the range when it warms up and test it out.