Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

Stop with the nonsense.... $2999 starting price w/ only be ball speed, carry, club head(will need 1 dot sticker), spin, smash and horizontal and vertical launch. Price will go up from there. 

I would love it if Quad price dropped but I would not hold my breath. If anything, I would drop the price on the Hawk. I don't think it sells as much as the GC2 and Quad. 

He didn’t say $2999 thought - he said 7k, and that’s the rumored all in price for the fully unlocked GC3. (The 2999 rumor would of course require a substantial subscription on top of the up front cost, and who knows what that’d be, but it’d have to be something analogous to a 7k all-in price). 

And if that’s really the case, he’s got a good point that something isn’t adding up. 

One of the following will have to be true: 1) the rumored 7k all in price isn’t right; 2) the quad is coming down in price; 3) the accuracy of the GC3 is simply not as good (this seems least likely, as the GC2 ball data is elite); or 4) the club data parameter of the GC3 will be limited to simply club head speed (also seems unlikely given we’ve seen non public webpages that show that it has angle of attack and club path).

The pricing will be fascinating.   

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, games said:

I would be surprised with a $3000 base unit and am guessing $2,500 tops.

I just don't see the value proposition compared to a $2000 MEVO+ until it introduces club and path data, at which point, I could see $3000-$3500.

The. Mevo+. Is. Not. A. Comparable. Unit. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indygolf21 said:

He didn’t say $2999 thought - he said 7k, and that’s the rumored all in price for the fully unlocked GC3. 

And if that’s really the case, he’s got a good point that something isn’t adding up. 

One of the following will have to be true: 1) the rumored 7k all in price isn’t right; 2) the quad is coming down in price; 3) the accuracy of the GC3 is simply not as good (this seems least likely, as the GC2 ball data is elite); or 4) the club data parameter of the GC3 will be limited to simply club head speed (also seems unlikely given we’ve seen non public webpages that show that it has angle of attack and club path).

The pricing will be fascinating.   

Or the quad will retain it's place at the top of their food chain.  It will offer club data that fitters or teachers cannot get with the GC3.  How much value that extra data holds, I have no idea.  But, I don't see any reason they would have to discount that capability because they're putting out a more consumer focused device.  

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

This device is built by Foresight with the same tech as GC2 and Quad. Why would you question the accuracy? The price difference is that this is a lower to mid market device. Look at FlightScope. They have a $2K device and then have the X3 priced at $15K.

1 club data makes sense because the QC2 with HMT was taking giving you the same data at a lower price. 

5 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

This device is built by Foresight with the same tech as GC2 and Quad. Why would you question the accuracy? The price difference is that this is a lower to mid market device. Look at FlightScope. They have a $2K device and then have the X3 priced at $15K.

1 club data makes sense because the QC2 with HMT was taking giving you the same data at a lower price. 

I didn’t question the accuracy. I literally said that it was very unlikely it wouldn’t have the same elite accuracy as the GC2. 

And the comparison to flightscope doesn’t make a lot of sense because the gap in function and accuracy between the X3 and the mevo is so, so much greater than what everyone is expecting between the GC3 and quad. 

Edited by Indygolf21

8 minutes ago, radiman said:

Or the quad will retain it's place at the top of their food chain.  It will offer club data that fitters or teachers cannot get with the GC3.  How much value that extra data holds, I have no idea.  But, I don't see any reason they would have to discount that capability because they're putting out a more consumer focused device.  

I guess it’s possible that for the relatively small number of people who want or need that little bit of extra data the additional 10k isn’t enough to kill the market. But that does seem like a huge premium.

2 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I guess it’s possible that for the relatively small number of people who want or need that little bit of extra data the additional 10k isn’t enough to kill the market. But that does seem like a huge premium.

I think that kind of device is mainly geared towards teachers and fitters where knowing very detailed club info is worth the price of admission.  Impact location, toe up or down, etc.  All very valuable information to fitters/teachers.  Could definitely be wrong.  But, I suspect selling a bunch of these units would add enough users and revenue to offset any potential margin they missed out on by having a few potential Quad purchasers go for this unit. 

8 minutes ago, radiman said:

I think that kind of device is mainly geared towards teachers and fitters where knowing very detailed club info is worth the price of admission.  Impact location, toe up or down, etc.  All very valuable information to fitters/teachers.  Could definitely be wrong.  But, I suspect selling a bunch of these units would add enough users and revenue to offset any potential margin they missed out on by having a few potential Quad purchasers go for this unit. 

Yeah you may be right. Makes sense. 

13 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I didn’t question the accuracy. I literally said that it was very unlikely it wouldn’t have the same elite accuracy as the GC2. 

And the comparison to flightscope doesn’t make a lot of sense because the gap in function and accuracy between the X3 and the mevo is so, so much greater than what everyone is expecting between the GC3 and quad. 

I think we are all agreeing with the same logic here. What I was trying to say there is a huge price jump from basic to high end with nothing in the middle. 

This device would make a ton of sense to build 1 hardware that can accommodate the lower spectrum and middle market all with the switch of a software update if it was purchased. This would reduce COGS and provide a better margin in building this unit. It's a win win for both the company and the consumer. You can purchase the basic package and then upgrade whenever you feel like the additional data is needed. Instead of buying something for $2-$3K and then buying something later on for $5-$9K. I'm just making up those figures. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, radiman said:

If it is priced at 2k, is there a reason it would not be able to take over the market for skytrak plus mevo+ combined? Or at least a big chunk of that

7 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I think we are all agreeing with the same logic here. What I was trying to say there is a huge price jump from basic to high end with nothing in the middle. 

This device would make a ton of sense to build 1 hardware that can accommodate the lower spectrum and middle market all with the switch of a software update if it was purchased. This would reduce COGS and provide a better margin in building this unit. It's a win win for both the company and the consumer. You can purchase the basic package and then upgrade whenever you feel like the additional data is needed. Instead of buying something for $2-$3K and then buying something later on for $5-$9K. I'm just making up those figures. 

I won’t be surprised if they lower the quad price a bit. But why would they tho, those pros or shops won’t really care about a few grands difference

1 minute ago, RH2020 said:

If it is priced at 2k, is there a reason it would not be able to take over the market for skytrak plus mevo+ combined? Or at least a big chunk of that

If this were priced at $2k I would guess that it would decimate the market for both of them.  But, it sounds like $3k minimum with subscription, or $7k (roughly) fully unlocked. 

10 minutes ago, RH2020 said:

Everyone's complaint is the price of FSX. This is why I think they are going to make it a subscription which will be less than the $3K. What people keep forgetting is that FSX is a lot more than just SIM. 

But I think the accuracy itself will take majority of the market share. If I was ST or Mevo + either lower your price or add an algorithm for club face and club path. 

Edited by WallysWorld

Bushnell Launch Pro Device by Foresight announced for Fall 2021.

Mevo+, Skytrak, GC10, USA Release, Subscription Pricing,  European pricing,  Foresight Buyout, GC2, GC Quad and

YADA YADA YADA

Bushnell will disclose everything shortly.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

3 hours ago, games said:

It's definitely going to be lower margin than their current levels.  Which makes sense, as the consumer market requires lower base pricing, more advertising and post-sale support.

I would be surprised with a $3000 base unit and am guessing $2,500 tops.

I just don't see the value proposition compared to a $2000 MEVO+ until it introduces club and path data, at which point, I could see $3000-$3500.

Yeah I think you're wrong there.

As we've already said to you before the value proposition is the ball data accuracy of a GCQuad (gold standard - at least indoors and arguably outdoors). 

This is odd. Bushnell changed the numbers in this pic from earlier in the thread, Showing a push with 2degree left. (?) Maybe just a typo. Starts left but is still a push. Club face is closed to path? That data would be unexpected - but fantastic to have.  It’s a typo. 

Fully down the rabbit hole waiting on more info….47B3B3C1-15E1-4564-8044-C1F1D73C0F70.png.912455092fbf53340cd973692be8afc0.png

9 hours ago, Dan13 said:

This is odd. Bushnell changed the numbers in this pic from earlier in the thread, Showing a push with 2degree left. (?) Maybe just a typo. Starts left but is still a push. Club face is closed to path? That data would be unexpected - but fantastic to have.  It’s a typo. 

Fully down the rabbit hole waiting on more info….47B3B3C1-15E1-4564-8044-C1F1D73C0F70.png.912455092fbf53340cd973692be8afc0.png

This machine was setup for left handers ^^^^^

Anyway. various comments ITT about 3K being "lower / mid market"

Bahahahaha

It's not a consumer level device. It's at least hobbyist level, and more likely pro level depending on how the subscription costs pan out.  

Edited by hammersia

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Duh. Simple explanation. Those left handers. . .

Although arguably that bit of the readout that says sidespin -451L might be open to interpretation -

Is that

"-451" and therefore curving left, or

"-451 left", ie NOT going left (so not "+451 left")  therefore curving right.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hammersia said:

This machine was setup for left handers ^^^^^

Anyway. various comments ITT about 3K being "lower / mid market"

Bahahahaha

It's not a consumer level device. It's at least hobbyist level, and more likely pro level depending on how the subscription costs pan out.  

It's 2021 - the average car people waste their money on costs over $30k these days.

$3k isnt a lot of money at all for what they are selling.

Drivers cost $500 these days and you are basically getting the same piece of titanium on a graphite stick you were getting 8 years ago, yet no one has an issue spending money on that.

They aren't going to put "Hey! We are selling a new launch monitor geared towards hobbyists!" in promotional materials or press releases.

"Consumer level" means it's cheap enough for someone who doesn't make a living through golf to justify the expense.

And judging by the activity level in this thread it's obvious there are plenty of people able to justify the purchase at $3k.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

I'm starting to wonder which will come first:

1) the new top gun movie will finally hit theatres

2) The browns will win the super bowl

3) Bushnell will release the launch pro

4) Tom Brady will retire

Well Brady is playing until he is 50. Browns gonna Browns. If I have learned anything it is that you can't stop Tom Cruise. So I would go Top Gun, Bushnell, Brady, Browns haha. In all seriousness though how do you have a plan to lift an embargo on the 21st and late in the afternoon the day before that you pivot and say "just kidding we will give you a new date soon." How does that even happen that they didn't know this may not be ready for the next day until about 2 hours before the close of business haha.

• Thanks 1