Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

43 minutes ago, games said:

Rumor is Bushnell has the $3k unit with ability to unlock features for more. Foresight has their unit at $7k all in.

Great strategy if true.  Admittedly jealous as Mevo+ fan, and might consider a purchase of Bushnell for right price for add-on. For a hot minute, thought about calling in a chip from “she who must be obeyed” for the Foresight.  But I do like to play golf outside and the ankle shackles would likely prevent me from that…

I believe that came from me. I have been following closely and yesterday made the realization i have a friend that works for a subsidiary of foresights new parent company. I reached out and thats what they told me - GC3 $7k and all features unlocked. Launch Pro $3k with minimal features. Thinking the Launch pro is geared toward people that just want to play/practice at home, while the GC3 geared toward club fitters and teachers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, oodavo said:

I believe that came from me. I have been following closely and yesterday made the realization i have a friend that works for a subsidiary of foresights new parent company. I reached out and thats what they told me - GC3 $7k and all features unlocked. Launch Pro $3k with minimal features. Thinking the Launch pro is geared toward people that just want to play/practice at home, while the GC3 geared toward club fitters and teachers. 

Any idea on whether there’s something in between - e.g., the launch pro with club and ball data but with only minimal software features for 5k?

I'm in the UK. I would love some sort of option where I could buy the unit for around 3k & pay a monthly sub to rent software for sim play during the winter months & not have to pay for it when I can get out & play real golf. Probably wishful thinking as it sounds like the bushnell wont be available outside US.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

If $7K fully unlocked is correct then I imagine they have something up their sleeve with the Quad. The price difference for an additional 3 club head data points is enormous. 

I have the same thought. That’d be an 11k difference between a Quad with club data and FSX and a GC3 with the same features, minus loft, lie, club path, impact location, and rate of closure analysis. I can’t imagine an 11k difference for just those data points makes sense. We seem to be missing something. 

53 minutes ago, oodavo said:

This is exactly what was discovered earlier in this thread and confirmed by Australian and Canadian markets. 

Not sure if this is a good example but there is a piece of workout equipment called the Tonal. It requires a 1-year subscription, but once the subscription is cancelled, all of the features are gone and you are stuck with very basic equipment. 

I have a weird feeling that they may do something very similar to this with the Bushnell LP.  

This fits everyone's needs in the US. Hopefully Busnell will be able to sell these units worldwide in 2022.

Can't wait to order the GC3.

4 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

This is exactly what was discovered earlier in this thread and confirmed by Australian and Canadian markets. 

Not sure if this is a good example but there is a piece of workout equipment called the Tonal. It requires a 1-year subscription, but once the subscription is cancelled, all of the features are gone and you are stuck with very basic equipment. 

I have a weird feeling that they may do something very similar to this with the Bushnell LP.  

This fits everyone's needs in the US. Hopefully Busnell will be able to sell these units worldwide in 2022.

Can't wait to order the GC3.

If this 3k package includes the driving range and basic courses for simulation, it might be a win win, just release the info already!!!

13 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I have the same thought. That’d be an 11k difference between a Quad with club data and FSX and a GC3 with the same features, minus loft, lie, club path, impact location, and rate of closure analysis. I can’t imagine an 11k difference for just those data points makes sense. We seem to be missing something. 

You are missing putting analysis but at that point, it should be included. 

1 minute ago, Indygolf21 said:

No, with putting analysis (in addition to club data and FSX), the Quad would be 21k. 

That’s what I’m basically saying. It’s the last feature missing even though it’s for an additional fee. GC3/BLP will never have this option.  

Why are people making a big deal for the Quad? Leave the quad to the pros. 

2 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

That’s what I’m basically saying. It’s the last feature missing even though it’s for an additional fee. GC3/BLP will never have this option.  

Oh, ok, got you. I think we’re just trying to figure out how this rumored pricing makes any sense. 

2 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

That's where I am at.  I think the two products are aimed at two completely different customers.  Pros and fitters would make use of those additional data points and in turn I don't think they would have any issue paying for it.  Now they have a product that can be offered to enthusiasts and such.  I have a feeling syphoning business from the quad isn't going to hurt their bottom line whatsoever once this product launches.  They will likely make it up and then some with a boat load of new customers.  

• Like 3

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

I am very curious on the pricing for this. I am working on a garage simulator and put the plans on hold until I got more information on this. My original plan was to go Skytrak or Mevo+ and pair it with TGC2019 but the idea of this unit is way more interesting to me especially with the limited garage space (3rd stall). I live in IL so we are closing in on not being able to golf outdoors pretty soon here and that is why I started this project in the first place. I golf outside as much as possible but with 2 young kids and as someone on here stated the public courses are getting slower and slower to play. This is why having a simulator appeals to me. Golf year round and I can play 18 holes in about 20-30 minutes on a simulator. My major concern about this entire thing is being locked into FSX software. You can have 100,000 courses on TGC 2019 for a one time $950 fee or I know that GS Pro is going to get out of beta soon and that is appealing as well. Meanwhile, it seems like the software subscriptions for this come with either 8 or 10 courses and then you have to purchase them individually from Foresight if you want more. I don't mind paying more for the unit itself but I don't want to get locked into a situation where if I want to play Pebble and Spyglass I have to pay another $1,000 for 2 courses. I am curious on other people's thoughts on this as it does impact my decision due to price definitely being a factor in my build. 

1 minute ago, Ilgolfer said:

I am very curious on the pricing for this. I am working on a garage simulator and put the plans on hold until I got more information on this. My original plan was to go Skytrak or Mevo+ and pair it with TGC2019 but the idea of this unit is way more interesting to me especially with the limited garage space (3rd stall). I live in IL so we are closing in on not being able to golf outdoors pretty soon here and that is why I started this project in the first place. I golf outside as much as possible but with 2 young kids and as someone on here stated the public courses are getting slower and slower to play. This is why having a simulator appeals to me. Golf year round and I can play 18 holes in about 20-30 minutes on a simulator. My major concern about this entire thing is being locked into FSX software. You can have 100,000 courses on TGC 2019 for a one time $950 fee or I know that GS Pro is going to get out of beta soon and that is appealing as well. Meanwhile, it seems like the software subscriptions for this come with either 8 or 10 courses and then you have to purchase them individually from Foresight if you want more. I don't mind paying more for the unit itself but I don't want to get locked into a situation where if I want to play Pebble and Spyglass I have to pay another $1,000 for 2 courses. I am curious on other people's thoughts on this as it does impact my decision due to price definitely being a factor in my build. 

I'm coming from a Mevo + and I just want club data. My set up is also in my car garage and have 11 feet of flight and unit sits 8 feet behind me. My only complaint is no GS Pro but FlightScope will be unlocking to allow users to play their software (more to come on that). My club head speed is in the range 110-114 so I get misreads but I think it's because my garage is a multi used room and have a bunch of stuff interference with the device. Bikes, washer/drier, etc. - Just not much I can do about that. 

Since you have kids, Mevo Plus is awesome because you can use Awesome Golf. For the $2K, it's a good device. If you are trying to get more accurate data, this unit or a GC2 will be your best option but a higher price. 

1 hour ago, radiman said:

That's where I am at.  I think the two products are aimed at two completely different customers.  Pros and fitters would make use of those additional data points and in turn I don't think they would have any issue paying for it.  Now they have a product that can be offered to enthusiasts and such.  I have a feeling syphoning business from the quad isn't going to hurt their bottom line whatsoever once this product launches.  They will likely make it up and then some with a boat load of new customers.  

I agree with you, especially regarding the volume play. 

In my opinion, the Quad's TAM is limited, and most likely has reached a saturation and most likely sales are forecasted to slow. Also, for the Quad the adjacent markets are limited, and possibly non-existent. As such, changing up the business model and moving to an enthusiast product is brilliant.

However, I am curious to see what Foresight does with the Quad. The price per additional feature is steep, and I doubt they are banking on the putting module. The likes of Quintek and SAM are deeply entrenched in the miniscule putter fitting world already. Moreover, putting is different from Trackman, as there are already great alternatives, plus very few folks fit putters anyways. My guess is Foresight has a trick up their sleeve and will roll out additional features, but honestly, I'm not sure how you can improve upon the Quad as it's darn near perfect as is. We shall see. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I'm coming from a Mevo + and I just want club data. My set up is also in my car garage and have 11 feet of flight and unit sits 8 feet behind me. My only complaint is no GS Pro but FlightScope will be unlocking to allow users to play their software (more to come on that). My club head speed is in the range 110-114 so I get misreads but I think it's because my garage is a multi used room and have a bunch of stuff interference with the device. Bikes, washer/drier, etc. - Just not much I can do about that. 

Since you have kids, Mevo Plus is awesome because you can use Awesome Golf. For the $2K, it's a good device. If you are trying to get more accurate data, this unit or a GC2 will be your best option but a higher price. 

Yeah that is where I am at. I can't spend a fortune, but I also don't want to build something and wish I had pivoted to something else if this is going to be a long term setup. I have the same garage issues that you had mentioned that really there is nothing I can do about them. My buddies and I play simulator golf in the winter at a couple bars around here. Just started about 2 years ago and love it since we can't obviously get out starting in mid-November. If this unit is fairly cost effective then it will be a winner but it is also hard to justify $3K plus a subscription plus $500 per course you want to add (give or take). And that is if it is actually $3K and not higher which has also been speculated. We will see. I think they have a real opportunity here. They have to know that selling individual courses for that much money is not competitive vs some of the other software options out there. 

5 minutes ago, Ilgolfer said:

Yeah that is where I am at. I can't spend a fortune, but I also don't want to build something and wish I had pivoted to something else if this is going to be a long term setup. I have the same garage issues that you had mentioned that really there is nothing I can do about them. My buddies and I play simulator golf in the winter at a couple bars around here. Just started about 2 years ago and love it since we can't obviously get out starting in mid-November. If this unit is fairly cost effective then it will be a winner but it is also hard to justify $3K plus a subscription plus $500 per course you want to add (give or take). And that is if it is actually $3K and not higher which has also been speculated. We will see. I think they have a real opportunity here. They have to know that selling individual courses for that much money is not competitive vs some of the other software options out there. 

I'm actually planning to pay the full price for this GC3. The full FSX license and club data for me is that important. Keep in mind that BLP will be limited FSX license (mobile - option). So you will save on not purchasing a $1800-$2400 gaming PC. I also purchased The Home Course screen and it's worth the money. This was the only option I can fit my cars back in the garage. I'm sure I can do cheaper but didn't want to go through the hassle.

More Launch monitors are in the pipeline if this option is too much for you. 

3 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Right there with you.

I can’t imagine paying $14k for something that has the same hardware (according to hackers paradise) as the GC3 at $7k. You’re essentially paying an extra $7k for the privilege/opportunity to spend another $6.5k on 4 dot club data and putting analysis. It would make the most sense for the Quad to start at let’s say $8k (without FSX) and top out at around $15k. That provides an eventual upgrade path for owners of a GC3  to bring over their FSX license and more revenue opportunities for Foresight.

29 minutes ago, Karazy said:

Right there with you.

I can’t imagine paying $14k for something that has the same hardware (according to hackers paradise) as the GC3 at $7k. You’re essentially paying an extra $7k for the privilege/opportunity to spend another $6.5k on 4 dot club data and putting analysis. It would make the most sense for the Quad to start at let’s say $8k (without FSX) and top out at around $15k. That provides an eventual upgrade path for owners of a GC3  to bring over their FSX license and more revenue opportunities for Foresight.

People also forget that it also has barometer and you can modify outdoor environment for tournaments and what not. TXG may get a cut on this video but the fitters that I talked to think it's worth the investment.

Edited by WallysWorld

28 minutes ago, Karazy said:

Right there with you.

Why? The quad is the enterprise product and gc3 consumer. They can differentiate it by locking the gc3 usage (such as users or shots per year) and then it doesn't matter.

They need to get the device cheap enough to get consumers to buy it, and use licensing to prevent enterprise customers downgrading from a would-be gcquad.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, James495738 said:

Why? The quad is the enterprise product and gc3 consumer. They can differentiate it by locking the gc3 usage (such as users or shots per year) and then it doesn't matter.

They need to get the device cheap enough to get consumers to buy it, and use licensing to prevent enterprise customers downgrading from a would-be gcquad.

That's an interesting idea. 

For me, the product offering is a bit confusing as the enterprise/consumer line is blurred in my mind. I kind of liken it to Sales Force/Net Suite/Dynamics etc. You can inexpensively enter the ecosystem, but the upgrade and functionality path is crystal clear. Depending on your business there are non-negotiable modules you must buy to operate effectively. The upside benefit is obvious.

To me, the upgrade value between the GC3 and Quad is less clear. However, the upside value between a GC2+HMT and Quad made a lot of sense. You get excellent performance, future proof tech, awesome form factor etc. The primary difference between the GC3 and Quad appears to be 1 dot vs 4 dot mode, and putting. The automatic features like the barometer in the Quad is slick, but you can most likely negate the benefit by adjusting the environment settings. 

I have no idea how this will shake out, but one thing seems certain, the consumer market is about to be rocked by a very cool piece of tech. I can't wait to find out the details. 

1 hour ago, Karazy said:

Right there with you.

I believe what we were all missing is how small the market for a GC2 or GC quad really is. Someone on hackers paradise did some research and found out that there are 15,000 in use worldwide. Since it’s been out for the 10 years they are selling only 1500 or so a year. I would assume a large segment of those users are large golf facilities, high-end teachers and really wealthy people that want a great monitor who are not gonna  buy A GC3 anyway because money probably isn’t an issue. For the small subset buying a GC quad the additional data probably does matter.

Not to mention we are on a golf course forum where maybe 150 people in the nation are following this roll out. Many of us are in the golf industry and are not just random launch monitor junkies. When this thing rolls out 99.9% of the golf world will not even know until two or three years down the road. Hell I would say 95% of the golf industry doesn’t even know what a GC2 our GC quad is.

Edited by jcrews5508
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ilgolfer said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to build out the 3rd garage stall this winter for practice and some sim fun. I really like what the Mevo+ offers in terms of abilities, software (Awesome golf is great and doesn't take a tank of a PC to run), and accuracy. However there are so many little things I don't like about radar that a camera system like the Bushnell cleans up like condensing the space required, which will bring my net requirements down. No ball dots (not a big deal but still.) No need to move a vehicle to set up. Also, I worry about how interference will play with the system. I plan to have heaters in the winter to take the edge off of the cold as well as have tvs/laptop for running and displaying the sim. Interference issues would really hamper where I can place these things with the radar unit and I haven't seen these as issues with camera systems.

Ideally the Bushnell works out price-wise and gives me and my family something fun to play with as well as allow me to work on my game in the winter. However, if it's not really comparable on price with a Mevo+, then I guess I'll deal with the minor hassles to save the cash.

I was hoping the alleged $3k price would include ball and 1 dot club data.  It's sounding like maybe it will just be ball data.  If that's the case I'm not sure it will be worth $3k when I can spend $20 to go to PGA Tour Superstore and use a GC2 for $30 minutes to an hour to get the average launch/spin/carry for a new club/set of clubs.  The club data is what makes it a useful training/improvement tool in my eyes.    

• Like 2

Sun Mountain C130-S / Titleist TSi4 8.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 TX / Titleist TSi3 14.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 TX / New Level NLU-01 18* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5 / New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG TI X100 / Vokey SM8 50,54,58 DGS200 / Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2