2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

On 9/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, radiman said:

So, why expand on that and have to deal with more variables?  For those that own and love their skytrak, great, I am happy for you.  I don't see the point in coming in here to argue that it's good enough?  Foresight is a more accurate unit, that cannot be disputed.  It's going to come in at $3k which isn't that far off from a skytrak (that hasn't had a hardware change in years).  If someone is wanting to pay the difference in price, that's their choice.  And for that additional price, they're going to have more accurate data plain and simple.  

What foresight unit are you seeing that is coming in  at $3k?  The GC3 is going to be at least 7k from what I’ve seen and more for club data. 

1 hour ago, jmnx973 said:

What foresight unit are you seeing that is coming in  at $3k?  The GC3 is going to be at least 7k from what I’ve seen and more for club data. 

Its all rumor right now but word is the Bushnell launch pro will come in a $3k with an additional subscription cost for simulation. The GC3 comes fully loaded at $7k (some sim courses, one dot club data). Should see within a week or two if that is correct. 

3 hours ago, jmnx973 said:

What he said.  It's been mentioned a few times throughout this thread that the Bushnell variant will be $3k base + subscription cost.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

On 9/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, radiman said:

So, why expand on that and have to deal with more variables?  For those that own and love their skytrak, great, I am happy for you.  I don't see the point in coming in here to argue that it's good enough?  Foresight is a more accurate unit, that cannot be disputed.  It's going to come in at $3k which isn't that far off from a skytrak (that hasn't had a hardware change in years).  If someone is wanting to pay the difference in price, that's their choice.  And for that additional price, they're going to have more accurate data plain and simple.  

Sorry to keep adding to Skytrak posts. But why change hardware if it does what it was designed to do fairly accurately? So new Skytrak comes out and your numbers stay the same, what then? lol

2 minutes ago, autronicdsm said:

Sorry to keep adding to Skytrak posts. But why change hardware if it does what it was designed to do fairly accurately? So new Skytrak comes out and your numbers stay the same, what then? lol

To improve on the accuracy?  From my experience with the skytrak it missed a lot of shots and seemed to be pretty inconsistent with driver.  Just was a frustrating few sessions.  Not saying it's bad.  But, could definitely be improved upon. 

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

3 hours ago, Jamesheeney said:

I hope you are right but they have told us this before 

The leaks so far have been pretty accurate. There was an embargo last week, and then we were told it was delayed a week, but the unboxing videos would be allowed (just without pricing information).

I am very confident that we will get all the details on the 30th. And I’m hopeful we will have deliveries in October. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jmnx973 said:

The rumor is the Bushnell branded variant will be $3k and need a subscription, the version branded only as Foresight would be $7k and be more of a one time purchase. 

Supposedly we’ll find out for sure on Thursday, but it’s a bit head scratching IMO. 

Edited by *sigh*
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, autronicdsm said:

It's wholly unusable outside. It's an inside only device. The technology inside is over a decade old and what was used at the time wasn't close to the top of the line. There is infinite room for improvement for a SkyTrak 2. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Swa said:

If the subscription can be "turned off" during nice weather months, then (if the subscription fee is paid monthly), the bushnell payment model becomes much more attractive. That cuts down the $800 annual fee to $300-$400.

This would be very appealing to many.

1 hour ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

It's wholly unusable outside. It's an inside only device. The technology inside is over a decade old and what was used at the time wasn't close to the top of the line. There is infinite room for improvement for a SkyTrak 2. 

And this is what I dont get with the GC3. If the rumoured pricing is correct they are leaving a vast gap for a ST2 to slot into and take their business. Unless it starts life at 3-7k and within a year it is 1-3k due to competition. At the moment foresight dont have any competition from ST, but there is no reason to believe an ST2 wont be at least as good as a GC2 given tech advances since it was built (if a ST2 isnt then they have failed). This is especially relevant with them marketing the GC3 as a consumer device.

I'm holding out hope that they tier the annual subscription and that $800 is the top end. I'd take a long hard look if it's 3k and 200 a year for the same or slightly more data points as Mevo+ and a slimmed down access to FSX that's on the level of what you get with M+.

From a business standpoint, this would make sense to try and attract guys like me who are wading into this space. It would be more than the M+ but supposedly more accurate data along with some sim functionality and the ability to up sell me in the future if I get the use out of it. If they only have an $800 sub to start, it prices me out of it and it's no longer competing with M+/ST. 

Also, I hope the software doesn't take a gaming PC. I'm not that familiar with the FSX suite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James495738 said:

And this is what I dont get with the GC3. If the rumoured pricing is correct they are leaving a vast gap for a ST2 to slot into and take their business. Unless it starts life at 3-7k and within a year it is 1-3k due to competition. At the moment foresight dont have any competition from ST, but there is no reason to believe an ST2 wont be at least as good as a GC2 given tech advances since it was built (if a ST2 isnt then they have failed). This is especially relevant with them marketing the GC3 as a consumer device.

They’re clearly betting that ST can’t profitably make a comparably accurate device at that price point. They’re probably right. 

4 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

@Indygolf21are you getting one? or still holding out? 

As far as ST2, is this a real thing or people are just hoping that they will come out with one? 

For those that will not be getting a BLP/GC3, what will you get? I'm interested to hear what people will going with. 

Waiting to see how pricing shakes out to be sure, but very likely I’ll be buying (and leaning towards the GC3 unless the launch pro + club data + basic range accessibility is a materially better deal). I don’t care/want any courses. I want the data and the range. 

Edited by Indygolf21

My only concern is that I may eventually want club face data. If I had a better set up I would go with the EyeXO.

The other option could be The Kit but it's also radar and it's their first attempt of going from overhead camera based to radar. So you know they will have a lot of issues at first. 

5 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

My only concern is that I may eventually want club face data. If I had a better set up I would go with the EyeXO.

The other option could be The Kit but it's also radar and it's their first attempt of going from overhead camera based to radar. So you know they will have a lot of issues at first. 

The Kit being radar makes it a total no-go for me. This will primarily be indoor for me. 

The EyeXO is a reasonable option but I do think that, all else equal, I’d rather have a unit that is portable/can be used outdoors at times and doesn’t require special golf balls.

Edited by Indygolf21

30 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

@Indygolf21are you getting one? or still holding out? 

As far as ST2, is this a real thing or people are just hoping that they will come out with one? 

For those that will not be getting a BLP/GC3, what will you get? I'm interested to hear what people will going with. 

I'm definitely on the fringe.  I estimate I'd use it about 1-2 hours a week tops with my back issues.  Originally I was wanting to spend $2k on a console and roughly either $1k on software upfront or $200-300/annually on software.  So this $3k base is at the top of what I was looking to spend.  Having a bunch of courses and online play isn't that important to me.  I just wanted a quality range and a couple courses to occasionally play for fun.  The kicker is I want a camera based unit since I'm currently hitting in a garage with about 6'-7' from the mat to the net.  I've held out the past 3-4 years waiting for skytrak to release a new version, so if this launch pro is too pricey, I'll just keep waiting.  

In the past 10 years there hasn't been much competition in the simulator world but as more competition comes to the market, we will see prices start to fall.  There's a good chance, what you get for $7k now will be $4k or $5k in 3 years.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

The Kit being radar makes it a total no-go for me. This will primarily be indoor for me. 

The EyeXO is a reasonable option but I do think that, all else equal, I’d rather have a unit that can be used outdoors at times and doesn’t require special golf balls.

Pros and cons for sure. EYEXO wins for the price and all of the club data but portability is an issue although you did say that you plan on using indoors majority of the time. I plan on using mine indoors 99% of the time. I have only taken my unit outdoors twice and that was for lessons and comparing against the TM3/TM4.

1 hour ago, Stosheu said:

Also, I hope the software doesn't take a gaming PC. I'm not that familiar with the FSX suite.

You really don't need a high end gaming pc however, you may want to consider one as simulation games are starting to improve in graphics. I know a lot of the GS Pro users are using 3060 TI/3070 or better gaming cards so they can play in 4K.  

https://www.foresightsports.com/support/software/fsx-2020

On 9/23/2021 at 4:54 PM, cwilk said:

Nothing in the Kool-Aid. I actually prefer Trackman over Foresight, even indoors.

Mevo+ is not accurate, and it’s worse the faster you swing/the higher the ball speed. Sorry about your slow club head speeds. 

Calm down Bryson.... there's no need to get on someone's club head speeds.  At the end of the day the game is about scoring well and hitting good shots from bad spots, its not about club head speed.  You can suck at golf and swing a club really fast and vice versa. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

The EyeXO is a reasonable option but I do think that, all else equal, I’d rather have a unit that is portable/can be used outdoors at times and doesn’t require special golf balls.

The Eye XO doesn't require special golf balls that's only for the QED.

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

5 minutes ago, J Wheazy said:

Calm down Bryson.... there's no need to get on someone's club head speeds.  At the end of the day the game is about scoring well and hitting good shots from bad spots, its not about club head speed.  You can suck at golf and swing a club really fast and vice versa. 

He's not wrong man. I have no intention to be a Bryson bro but my club head speed is higher than most so I'm seeing a ton of back spin when it comes hitting hybrid and woods. To the point that I went to a professional club fitter to see if I was playing the wrong driver and shaft combo. Turns out that I am playing the proper equipment but the Mevo + was providing me the wrong data! 

But yes you are correct short game and learning how to get up and down from bad lies reduces your score. 

Edited by WallysWorld
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

He's not wrong man. I have no intention to be a Bryson bro but my club head speed is higher than most so I'm seeing a ton of back spin when it comes hitting hybrid and woods. To the point that I went to a professional club fitter to see if I was playing the wrong driver and shaft combo. Turns out that I am playing the proper equipment but the Mevo + was providing me the wrong data! 

But yes you are correct short game and learning how to get up and down from bad lies reduces your score. 

I agree, there is an issue with cheaper radar units and high club head speeds, I'm just not a fan of digging other's golf swing/game, we all suck in the end right?  I swing fairly fast as well which is why I ended up going with the skytrak recently.  I didn't want to wait any longer to play sim golf and I have a small space so I wanted a camera based unit.  I am still looking at the the Bushnell device as well, if its cheap enough and provides better data I will give my Skytrak to my dad and pickup the Bushnell.   I also would like to know what sim software the Bushnell will work with.  I am on the fence which direction to go right now with either E6 or the golf club 2019.  I enjoy the E6 ranges and demo course enough to spend $300/year for that and then another $900 1 time fee for TCG 2019 sounds like a pretty good combo to me.  I don't want to have to pay $800 a year for the rest of my life to play sim golf, that's for sure.  To me, the convenience of going to my garage and hitting balls for an hour is well worth the cost of setting up an at home sim.  

1 minute ago, J Wheazy said:

I agree, there is an issue with cheaper radar units and high club head speeds, I'm just not a fan of digging other's golf swing/game, we all suck in the end right?  I swing fairly fast as well which is why I ended up going with the skytrak recently.  I didn't want to wait any longer to play sim golf and I have a small space so I wanted a camera based unit.  I am still looking at the the Bushnell device as well, if its cheap enough and provides better data I will give my Skytrak to my dad and pickup the Bushnell.   I also would like to know what sim software the Bushnell will work with.  I am on the fence which direction to go right now with either E6 or the golf club 2019.  I enjoy the E6 ranges and demo course enough to spend $300/year for that and then another $900 1 time fee for TCG 2019 sounds like a pretty good combo to me.  I don't want to have to pay $800 a year for the rest of my life to play sim golf, that's for sure.  To me, the convenience of going to my garage and hitting balls for an hour is well worth the cost of setting up an at home sim.  

GS Pro $200 yearly fee. Hands down better than E6 and TGC2019. 

https://gsprogolf.com

My biggest concerns with the launch monitor market is the value that is being brought to the customer. Some customers want tour level accuracy, while other customers want accuracy within tight windows, but not quite down to the half yard, mph, etc. Most people I assume want the GC3/LP because of the portability and simulator possibilities. I think this will be interesting to follow over the coming months to see what the verdict is on this device.

I personally got a deal on an R10 and really enjoy the simulation as well as the data provided. Now, I understand that the data isn't pinpoint accurate, but if you align the radar correctly and are making decent contact, the club and ball data are seemingly on par with TM4 (within reason, not perfect). The only downside is that spin is not reliable. I feel the Garmin brings out much more value to the weekend warrior or those of us on a budget. I also think that the GC3/LP is taking a huge leap in being a relatively inexpensive unit. I say relatively because $3K-7K could be a lot to some and a little to others. At the end of the day if you get a device and learn how to use it and decipher the data it can be valuable to your game. A lot of people are so focused on price, but at the end of the day you have to be able to justify the cost of the equipment, and the impact it will have on your game....and finances. I had a Mevo+ for a month and barely used it because it was annoying to set up and constantly charge, whereas the R10 has been a piece of cake.... I would rank the convenience and ease of use over slight imperfections in data, but that is just me. I hope that the GC3/LP pans out well, because I plan on buying one once they're readily available and are proven to be the best thing since sliced bread. I do think there will be quite a bit of disappointment with the GC3/LP when it comes to consumer pricing and subscription models, but only time will tell. 

Come on Bushnell/Foresight....just tell us the price already. What's 48 hours gonna change?? 

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops 10.5˚ OR Titleist TSR3 10˚ Ventus Blue Velocore+ 

Taylormade Qi10 3W 15˚ KBS TD 

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚ KBS TD 

PXG Black Ops 19˚H - Ventus Blue HB

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Vokey SM9 54˚-10S and 58˚-08M KBS Tour

Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

You really don't need a high end gaming pc however, you may want to consider one as simulation games are starting to improve in graphics. I know a lot of the GS Pro users are using 3060 TI/3070 or better gaming cards so they can play in 4K.  

https://www.foresightsports.com/support/software/fsx-2020

Yeah, that's another cost I'd like to avoid or minimize. I don't care too much about graphics quality. I'm cool with Mario aesthetics if it runs clean. Looks like I'd need a decent gaming computer to run FSX.