2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

7 minutes ago, larciel said:

What's fsx 2000 or pro?

So many add-ons and silver and bronze delivers nothing useful

FSX 2020 is the main software. It has practice ranges, play sim and online tournament. FSX Pro is a more detailed software that will allow users, mostly from PGA coach professionals, to provide club and ball data and be able to send reports for that person that took a lesson or was fitted. They can include their own logo etc etc. It's a pretty cool software that was developed and approved by the top PGA coaching professional panel. 

both can be used PC/ or Ipad. 

Edited by WallysWorld

1 minute ago, larciel said:

And what does gc3 include?  It might be cheaper than this empty can after every option is added on

"

To bring the new technology to the largest audience possible, Bushnell Golf’s Launch Pro will be offered at a base price of $2,999. Players will be able to access additional performance data and entertainment features via yearly subscriptions plans. Foresight Sports’ GC3 will include comprehensive ball and club data access out-of-the-box, including the company’s FSX performance and entertainment software and 10-course bundle, for $6,995. The company plans to offer the GC3 with a subscription-based data access model to its international customers starting in 2022.

"- The Golf Wire

16 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

GC3 is same device with gold package however for life. Essentially If you expect to keep the device for more than five years the GC3 is a better option.

if you think about it, you pay $62.5/month for 4 years or you can pay it up front. I still think the upfront deal should be $6K to entice people for paying it up front.  

5 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

if you think about it, you pay $62.5/month for 4 years or you can pay it up front. I still think the upfront deal should be $6K to entice people for paying it up front.  

Your math doesn’t compute 😬

It’s not 4 years, it’s 5 years.

It’s not $62.5/month, it’s $66.66/month.

And more importantly, after 5 years, it’s still due for a subscription payment. Which means that if you keep Launch Pro for 10 years it will end up costing you $11,000 and still having to pay yearly subscription of $800 to keep using all the features.

Count me in for a GC3! 

20 minutes ago, D1as said:

And more importantly, after 5 years, it’s still due for a subscription payment. Which means that if you keep Launch Pro for 10 years it will end up costing you $11,000 and still having to pay yearly subscription of $800 to keep using all the features.

Count me in for a GC3! 

I was just rounding, lol.  Was taking $3K for FSX price alone and dividing it by full unlock of $800. Wasn't considering the $1K for club data. 

It's still a solid price per month if you eventually want to upgrade to a newer device that provides club face data. But yes, if you are happy with club path as being the new data parameter then GC3 is your choice. 

My concern is that I may eventually be wanting more club data. 

Anyone know how I can determine FTP with the data that will be provided. That's my main concern

Edited by WallysWorld

18 minutes ago, D1as said:

Count me in for a GC3! 

The missing piece here is if they upgrade FSX in a few years you’d expect a subscription to get the new software but the outright buy likely has to pay for new software every few years. There is probably a break even point but if you want to always have current software it’s longer than 5 years I suspect. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gresh12 said:

The missing piece here is if they upgrade FSX in a few years you’d expect a subscription to get the new software but the outright buy likely has to pay for new software every few years. There is probably a break even point but if you want to always have current software it’s longer than 5 years I suspect. 

It's $1K or so depending how long you wait to upgrade. For example if you buy FSx2020 then don't buy FSX2022 and purchase FSx2024. But It would be free if you went from FSX2020 to FSx2022. That's how they did it with FSX2018 users. 

Edited by WallysWorld
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Coug said:

Larger hitting area, putting data, barometric sensor, WiFi, replaceable battery, impact location, Foresight support vs. Bushnell, etc. 

Well putting is as an extra 2500, club data is an additional 4000 so for that entire set up you're actually looking somewhere closer to 21,000.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

Well putting is as an extra 2500, club data is an additional 4000 so for that entire set up you're actually looking somewhere closer to 21,000.

Capability though. Either it can do those things or it can’t. It is a differentiator between the units. 

I’m with you- I think they are all too expensive. But it’s a niche market. 

Edited by The Coug
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

Good news for international users. 

https://thegolfwire.com/foresight-sports-bushnell-golf/

GC3 will be subscription based in 2022! 

Yeah was trying to figure out how they would sort out us international plebs 🙂 

wonder whether they will just have one offering, or will give the choice of the GC3 as a complete package as well as the subscription option, and whether they will shaft us international users for more $$$

If you want to use it as a sim, the silver package is the minimum unless im mistaken, and at $400 USD recurring every year feels a little steep...

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

I was just rounding, lol.  Was taking $3K for FSX price alone and dividing it by full unlock of $800. Wasn't considering the $1K for club data. 

It's still a solid price per month if you eventually want to upgrade to a newer device that provides club face data. But yes, if you are happy with club path as being the new data parameter then GC3 is your choice. 

My concern is that I may eventually be wanting more club data. 

Anyone know how I can determine FTP with the data that will be provided. That's my main concern

Its clunky but you can use the calculator within the trackman university. You would know path and spin axis so you can solve for FTP.

Alternatively you know launch direction and path. Face angle dominates launch direction so you can infer face angle and therefore FTP. This will be somewhat crude but you can verify with the offline value. If face angle is approx 1/2 path you will get a curving shot which lands close to the centre line (e.g. path -4, face -2 = ftp +2).

Its not great but it is way better than trying to infer AoA and Path which are essentially impossible.

11 minutes ago, Celeras said:

You don't get Backspin, Sidespin, or Spin Axis without the $800/year subscription?!  That makes this product factually worse than a BASE GC2... let alone a GC2 w/ HMT. Forget about club data, you're not even getting the full suite of ball data without being gouged.

I find it absolutely absurd that anyone could even be remotely excited about this. Y'all must not be paying attention.

I agree. A used GC2 is going to be better and far cheaper. It is also open to simulation software without further subscription...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celeras said:

You don't get Backspin, Sidespin, or Spin Axis without the $800/year subscription?!  That makes this product factually worse than a BASE GC2... let alone a GC2 w/ HMT. Forget about club data, you're not even getting the full suite of ball data without being gouged.

I find it absolutely absurd that anyone could even be remotely excited about this. Y'all must not be paying attention.

Well I guess we will quickly see if this can be jail broken and used for 3rd simulation without the subscription. The locked ball data is a clear FU to their customers and just a way to milk subscription money. Will be sticking to my gc2 and expect them to actually rise in value given this announcement. 

2 hours ago, Celeras said:

The least they coulda done was to include the complete ball data in the silver package. I guess it is all about expectations. They kept saying this is for consumer level players but then it costs double the price than its competitors for the first year alone, plus $800 for each every year after. Oh well

I have been waiting a couple of years for something to sway me from buying a Mevo+. But the more we get from FS/B makes me feel like it's going to be in the next price bracket above Mevo+ & Skytrak rather than a competitor.

Money at this stage heading to flightscope: 2k incl 5 free courses vs the base GC3/LP offering is a no brainer IMO

13 minutes ago, RH2020 said:

The least they coulda done was to include the complete ball data in the silver package. I guess it is all about expectations. They kept saying this is for consumer level players but then it costs double the price than its competitors for the first year alone, plus $800 for each every year after. Oh well

I cannot see this persisting. If a ST2 is even vaguely better than the original ST the GC3 will become irrelevant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Celeras said:

It's a gouging yes. The 3K option on the list doesn't even have 3D ball flight, just 2D. I only wanted a range lol. It's not for me.

• Like 3