Jump to content

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight


prusd

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, bbish937 said:

Except block out sidespin and offline yardage...

The way I see it breakdown is this. If you can't afford the GC3, Bushnell is praying on the financially stupid...selling you a brick for $3k and making the Gold $800/year the only worthwhile package...

Your break even is 5 years, after that do you sell it? Cancel it, and be left with a whopping $3k unit that you cannot use?

Unless the LP can be jailbroken, the only people I see buying it is to delay the cost because they can't afford it, and then even worse, you will pay even more in the long run... If they stopped charging the subscription after 5 years, then it's basically a financing option and that could make sense. But indefinitely? Nah, that's theft, a tax on the financially challenged if you will... go GC3 if you can afford it. I wouldn't touch the LP with a 10 foot pole...

Yeah, lifetime value the GC3 is going to be overall cheaper. People are selling their GC2's for a fair amount 10 years later.

 

Quick update on 3rd party software, both TGC 2019 and GS Pro have told me they are unsure at this time if they will be compatible. My guess is they will be with the Gold package but it's a waiting game at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bbish937 said:

Except block out sidespin and offline yardage...

The way I see it breakdown is this. If you can't afford the GC3, Bushnell is praying on the financially stupid...selling you a brick for $3k and making the Gold $800/year the only worthwhile package...

Your break even is 5 years, after that do you sell it? Cancel it, and be left with a whopping $3k unit that you cannot use?

Unless the LP can be jailbroken, the only people I see buying it is to delay the cost because they can't afford it, and then even worse, you will pay even more in the long run... If they stopped charging the subscription after 5 years, then it's basically a financing option and that could make sense. But indefinitely? Nah, that's theft, a tax on the financially challenged if you will... go GC3 if you can afford it. I wouldn't touch the LP with a 10 foot pole...

I don't think we have enough information to accurately say this is right at this moment. While everyone is saying the GC3 is an all in option, I highly doubt that includes upgrades to FSX 2020. If you have to upgrade your software every two years my understanding is it's usually a $1000 upgrade fee. Subscription models usually include updated software so the breakeven point is probably much further down the road.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Fair point. We will see if they know their market. I'm sure they did their research. How many consumer level golfers are going to spend $3k + $100/yr for limited ball data / CH speed only / no simulation ability?   It better be more than I think  . . .

I think there will be a lot of golfers who go with the $3k then the gold subscription.  Talking to a friend of mine this morning and he's ready to do it.  He can afford the $7k too.  

 

For me personally, I would love to be able to drop $7k.  Can't and won't happen though.  I would potentially be interested in a subscription.  But, I don't care so much about simulation.  I was hoping there would be a level in there that just gave a driving range and displayed measured ball data.  I do not like the idea of them locking information that it is actually measuring behind a subscription.  But, I will wait to see how reviews shake out on the basic level.  

Taylormade OG Sim 10.5* w/Diamana PD 60X tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

I don't think we have enough information to accurately say this is right at this moment. While everyone is saying the GC3 is an all in option, I highly doubt that includes upgrades to FSX 2020. If you have to upgrade your software every two years my understanding is it's usually a $1000 upgrade fee. Subscription models usually include updated software so the breakeven point is probably much further down the road.

 

Good point. We don't know if that tag includes the software, I'm assuming it does based on the initial G3 info and youtube unboxing/review. However, even at $1000, every 2 years, that's half the price of gold on the LP, not to mention its completely OPTIONAL. Whereas, you stop paying for gold, you lose your sim completely, even if you revert to basic at $99 you get basically nothing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, hammersia said:

 

Might be even worse than that, without FSX the table suggests you won't get an offline distance, peak height etc., just a horizontal and vertical launch angle. My 12 year old Vector Pro did more. 

 

I'm sure they will get professional sales of course, to an expanded GC2 and Quad market with tax deductible subs, but they need to stop with the consumer level pretense. 

 

I think you're misunderstanding the table ( or I could be?). It says that offline distance, peak height, etc ARE available with the Basic Package with FSX2020. The basic package includes FSX2020.  

 

image.png.725b90b7f6f5ebac067c9bd175dd2356.png

TM 2017 M2 9.5 (set at 7.5 & 4* Open) - Project X HZRDS Black 75g Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* - Project X HZRDS Black 75g Callaway Apex UT - 18* KBS C-Taper 130g Srixon Z785 - 4-PW - KBS $-Taper 130g PVD Finish Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 50/54/60 - KBS Tour V 120x Odyssey O-Works #2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick questions on the(se) unit(s)...

I'm looking to create a full home simulator soon and have been eying the Uneekor EyeXO. Both the Bushnell and the Foresight options are much more appealing cost-wise, as long as capability and accuracy is on par. I think the accuracy part shouldn't a concern. In terms of capability though...

- Will these units be able to accurately track putting and short game shots? I don't necessarily need the putting studio data. Just want it to track putting relatively accurately
- Will we be able to use TGC 2019 with either of these units?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, bbish937 said:

Except block out sidespin and offline yardage...

The way I see it breakdown is this. If you can't afford the GC3, Bushnell is praying on the financially stupid...selling you a brick for $3k and making the Gold $800/year the only worthwhile package...

Your break even is 5 years, after that do you sell it? Cancel it, and be left with a whopping $3k unit that you cannot use?

Unless the LP can be jailbroken, the only people I see buying it is to delay the cost because they can't afford it, and then even worse, you will pay even more in the long run... If they stopped charging the subscription after 5 years, then it's basically a financing option and that could make sense. But indefinitely? Nah, that's theft, a tax on the financially challenged if you will... go GC3 if you can afford it. I wouldn't touch the LP with a 10 foot pole...

I plan to buy the Bushnell version for $3k and put the other $4k toward crypto. I think you could invest the difference and come out ahead after 5 years. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, larciel said:

Something to think about. 

 

If you play this for 2-3 years and sell it

 

Gc3: $7k - $5000~$5500

You're down $2k max

 

Lp: $3k + $1600~2400 = $4600~$5400

Sell device for $2300~2500

You're down $2100 min. Maximum $3100.

 

Gc3 sounds better for me

 

 

Factor in the lost opportunity cost for the extra $4k and they are roughly equivalent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Luke.Sutton said:

I plan to buy the Bushnell version for $3k and put the other $4k toward crypto. I think you could invest the difference and come out ahead after 5 years. 

I mean, I doubt any of us are planning on using this as an investment so you can put your 4K in a .0001% interest and still come out ahead of all of us😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

So no one really knows if the simulation software included in the subscription is the FSX 2020 or FSX Pro? 
 

so we could all be buying a $3k or $7k unit paying and having to pay an additional $3k for FSX 2020 so I can use this with my gaming PC and projector?

No I believe FSX 2020 is included. However there is a new FSX supposedly coming out very soon and I believe that typically is $1000 up charge I do not believe that will be available with the all in option.

Edited by jcrews5508
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Luke.Sutton said:

I plan to buy the Bushnell version for $3k and put the other $4k toward crypto. I think you could invest the difference and come out ahead after 5 years. 

Assuming you hold long term AND are successful in your investments, yes. But again, the subscription does not stop after the 5 years, so what's your decision at that point? That initial $4k extra to invest would need to net you 20% YOY returns to make it worth it, a little less accounting for compound interest, but either way that's no easy feat, ESPECIALLY in crypto...

My suggestion to that strategy instead of going LP go with GC3 and then find a low interest financing option, invest the $4k or even full $7k (depending on what financing option you can get) to cover the interest which would mean you just have to beat 3-4% YOY... that's free money while basically getting the same LP with gold package pricing and NOT overpaying. And the less cost up front, not to mention having a $4k-$7k investment growing overtime.

 

But again, you can only do that if you can truly afford the $7k.

 

TLDR; find a way to finance GC3, invest your liquid $7k, and only need to yield 3-4% YOY returns to cover interest. Any more gains than that is true profit.

Edited by bbish937
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Luke.Sutton said:

I plan to buy the Bushnell version for $3k and put the other $4k toward crypto. I think you could invest the difference and come out ahead after 5 years. 


You’re the first person I have seen discuss net present value. $4k now is worth less than $800 per year for 5 years. You could even invest in Bushnell. If their product is as good as it looks (within 1% of the GC Quad) then your return on investment would be great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, radiman said:

I think there will be a lot of golfers who go with the $3k then the gold subscription.  Talking to a friend of mine this morning and he's ready to do it.  He can afford the $7k too.  

 

For me personally, I would love to be able to drop $7k.  Can't and won't happen though.  I would potentially be interested in a subscription.  But, I don't care so much about simulation.  I was hoping there would be a level in there that just gave a driving range and displayed measured ball data.  I do not like the idea of them locking information that it is actually measuring behind a subscription.  But, I will wait to see how reviews shake out on the basic level.  


It’s possible new subscription offerings could be developed over time. If Bushnell can upsell certain features, they will introduce different tiers. For example, I’d pay for a fully functional range, with no Sim for $400 per year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bama_Rich said:

 

I think you're misunderstanding the table ( or I could be?). It says that offline distance, peak height, etc ARE available with the Basic Package with FSX2020. The basic package includes FSX2020.  

 

image.png.725b90b7f6f5ebac067c9bd175dd2356.png

I couldn't see where it was saying FSX2020 was included, the table reads like "if you've already got it or purchased it" although it maybe a reference to already having a computer. And if it is included, why the reference to 2D only, as you have a licence for FSX Pro on the ipad if you have FSX2020?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MichaelO said:


It’s possible new subscription offerings could be developed over time. If Bushnell can upsell certain features, they will introduce different tiers. For example, I’d pay for a fully functional range, with no Sim for $400 per year? 

I am thinking that we may see something more a la carte in the future.  But, I won't commit based on that hope right now.  

Taylormade OG Sim 10.5* w/Diamana PD 60X tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, radiman said:

I am thinking that we may see something more a la carte in the future.  But, I won't commit based on that hope right now.  

Bushnell are going to change the business model Foresight have traditionally used.
 

I’m going to predict a “Range gold” tier @ $399 per year in a year or so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hammersia said:

I couldn't see where it was saying FSX2020 was included, the table reads like "if you've already got it or purchased it" although it maybe a reference to already having a computer. And if it is included, why the reference to 2D only, as you have a licence for FSX Pro on the ipad if you have FSX2020?

 

 

The email from Bushnell says the Basic subscription includes "FSX Pro configured for Basic Subscription*", with * indicating the need for iPad. I think the FSX Pro driving range is different from the standard FSX2020- it is the city scene range with basic graphics.

Edited by Topher925
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think another issue is that subscription prices are always subject to change. So we are assuming that there may be more, cheaper options in the future but what if this becomes like Netflix and there are price hikes on the subscription every year? Then if you say no this is getting to be too much, you are essentially crippling the hardware you bought. Something that I have been thinking about all morning at least. If Bushnell raises the price of the subscription every year by $50 or $100, people may have made a different choice on what to purchase. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

The email from Bushnell says the Basic subscription includes "FSX Pro configured for Basic Subscription*", with * indicating the need for iPad. I'm guessing this is a lite-version of FSX Pro with certain options, like sim play, locked. 

FSX pro is a club fitting tool and can run on a pc also.  It has no simulation in it,  Just a basic range with ball dats you get with your LM.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, abernsmd said:

Pricing makes it a no go. People don’t want expensive annual subscriptions. Hopefully somebody from these companies will see this thread and make a change. If not hopefully somebody from full swing will see this and take advantage with the KIT. And if that fails hopefully skytrak 2 will be a surprise release.

That's alot of hopefully's....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be buying the GC3. The subscription model is not something I want to be tied to long-term as this unit has everything I want from a unit and don't foresee myself upgrading to anything in the future. $7K for everything plus no subscription is a no-brainer without having to worry about actually spending more on the Launch Pro at a 5 year investment horizon if you can't offload it at a reasonable price into the second-hand market or get stuck with a non-functional brick. 

I am surprised they didn't offer a 5 year subscription then permanent unlock. If that was a the case, the smart money buys the LP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand what everyone wants however I also have no doubt this unit will be on back order 24 hours after release. Cant fault a company for that. Also the GC3 is available without subscription. Sounds like what people really are saying is their budget is 3K and they want as much as they can get for that. Nothing wrong with that, that's just not Bushnell's problem when this thing is going to sell out regardless.

Edited by jcrews5508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a little turned off by the subscription breakdown. $800/yr to even work with third-party software and it looks like other courses and modes are $100 or more a piece. Backspin and axis tilt, which I would assume is needed to even model ball flight, requires $800/yr. And, at the moment, I'm not sure what the Bronze/Silver/Gold versions of FSX Pro even gets you, like the (non)Pro version of FSX2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be buying the GC3. The subscription model is not something I want to be tied to long-term as this unit has everything I want from a unit and don't foresee myself upgrading to anything in the future. $7K for everything plus no subscription is a no-brainer without having to worry about actually spending more on the Launch Pro at a 5 year investment horizon if you can't offload it at a reasonable price into the second-hand market or get stuck with a non-functional brick. 

I am surprised they didn't offer a 5 year subscription then permanent unlock. If that was a the case, the smart money buys the LP. 

 

I think Bushnell missed massively on the subscription model, even if they priced it at a 15% premium relative to the five year break even, people would have bought it had they known at the end of 5 years they get a fully functioning unit. The lack of a permanent unlock option will push more people into GC3s and other people into not buying at all. 

Edited by RGlaze978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perspective from a New Englander with rough winters.

 

Would i like to play 10 premium rounds of golf at $80 between the months of December and February? - yes

Is there realistically enough time to play 10 rounds of golf between the months of December and February? - yes

Can i physically play 10 rounds of golf between the months of December and February without traveling to a warmer climate? - no

Am i saying that simulation golf is equivalent to a "premium round of golf" - no

 

But I can play simulation golf in my garage wayyy more than 10 times over the winter so that has to count for something.

 

I dont know if im in just yet but the subscription model is not really a deterrent in my case.

Edited by Magnets
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...