Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

prusd

I am interested in the GC3 as the subscription model doesn't appeal to me.  I have a bunch of questions about GC3 and any help with them would be great.

How many total courses are available from FS, and do you get all of them with GC3 purchase?  Pebble, etc.

Has it been confirmed that this is/isn't compatible with other 3rd party software?  GS Pro and TGC 2019

Are FSX updates included at the $7k price point?

Any word if a carrying case is included/optional.  What about hosel rocket protection?

G425 Max 9*- Ventus Red 6x
Sim2 Max 15* - RDX Blue 6.0

i25 19* hybrid - Steelfiber i95s
MP20 - HMB (4) MMC (5-P) LZ 6.0

T20 50, 54, 58* - Modus3 Wedge 125
Spider Mini 35"
Srixon Z Star XV

5 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

I’m getting the exact opposite reaction. 

If people can afford and were targeting $7k, absolutely this is a home run. If people were hopeful for that $2k-$3k range, this is disappointing to say the least. Like I mentioned earlier if you cannot afford $7k, you are much better off financially financing the GC3, instead of opting for the LP, the LP is an endless money pit to get you in the door at a lower price, it's a fool's product.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jcrews5508 said:

People with 3k budgets are pissed, people with 7k budgets are extremely happy

I am in the 3K camp haha.  But not pissed.  Just had my hopes up for more.  

Taylormade OG Sim 10.5* w/Diamana PD 60X tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

1 minute ago, thigos said:

I am interested in the GC3 as the subscription model doesn't appeal to me.  I have a bunch of questions about GC3 and any help with them would be great.

How many total courses are available from FS, and do you get all of them with GC3 purchase?  Pebble, etc.

Has it been confirmed that this is/isn't compatible with other 3rd party software?  GS Pro and TGC 2019

Are FSX updates included at the $7k price point?

Any word if a carrying case is included/optional.  What about hosel rocket protection?

No you do not get all courses. You get 10 and then i believe they are 150 a pop. 

Also i would highly doubt any major fsx update is free. Because if that the breakeven is really probably 6 or 7 years.

1 minute ago, jcrews5508 said:

No you do not get all courses. You get 10 and then i believe they are 150 a pop. 

Also i would highly doubt any major fsx update is free. Because if that the breakeven is really probably 6 or 7 years.

incorrect, you have a yr grace period. so those that purchase any Foresight product with FSX2020 will be automatically updated to the new FSX coming out 2022.

11 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

People with 3k budgets are pissed, people with 7k budgets are extremely happy

I’ve had people excited on both ends. 3k up front is extremely reasonable for this level of technology, and $800/year is being seen as a pretty realistic ask for FSX. On the other side, paying 7k for everything and likely being able to sell it for 5k in 5 years (based on how well GC2 prices have held up), if you wanted, is a pretty sweet deal. 

I tend to agree with both. I’m torn between the BLP gold and GC3. I really think these are both outstanding options and I’m very impressed with foresight. 

People who are upset are not being realistic.  

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 2

In my opinion, the GC3 vs Quad price discrepancy is really weird. You can pay $7K for an unlocked 3, which presumably includes FSX 2020, or $18K for a Quad. Essentially, for $11K more you get an additional 3-4 data points. I realize you can add putting to the Quad, for an additional fee, but I can't reconcile the price difference. I have to believe Foresight has something up their sleeve to increase the perceived value of the Quad.  

On the other hand, the GC3 compared to the GC2 feel like a major step forward. A nicely reconditioned GC2 can be had in the $3-5K range, however the need for FSX puts the true cost into GC3 territory. Additionally, if you want clubhead data you need to tack on another $2-4K for an HMT, and now the GC3 looks even better. You get a great form factor, newer technology, a product that can still be serviced etc. The GC3 vs. GC2 seems like a great progression.

With that said, if GC2 prices tank upon the GC3 launch the value scale might flip in a heartbeat. For guys like me who don't care about portability and plan to spend 80% of the time in range mode, snapping up a second hand GC2 at the right price might be the ideal play. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

incorrect, you have a yr grace period. so those that purchase any Foresight product with FSX2020 will be automatically updated to the new FSX coming out 2022.

Seems fair.  Would be pretty bad if you had to pay 1k a month or two after buying.

Spider Mini 35"
Srixon Z Star XV

5 minutes ago, jmnx973 said:

I just pre-ordered the GC3.  

Did FS call you?  How were you able to pre order?

• Like 1

Spider Mini 35"
Srixon Z Star XV

4 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

In my opinion, the GC3 vs Quad price discrepancy is really weird. You can pay $7K for an unlocked 3, which presumably includes FSX 2020, or $18K for a Quad. Essentially, for $11K more you get an additional 3-4 data points. I realize you can add putting to the Quad, for an additional fee, but I can't reconcile the price difference. I have to believe Foresight has something up their sleeve to increase the perceived value of the Quad.  

On the other hand, the GC3 compared to the GC2 feel like a major step forward. A nicely reconditioned GC2 can be had in the $3-5K range, however the need for FSX puts the true cost into GC3 territory. Additionally, if you want clubhead data you need to tack on another $2-4K for an HMT, and now the GC3 looks even better. You get a great form factor, newer technology, a product that can still be serviced etc. The GC3 vs. GC2 seems like a great progression.

With that said, if GC2 prices tank upon the GC3 launch the value scale might flip in a heartbeat. For guys like me who don't care about portability and plan to spend 80% of the time in range mode, snapping up a second hand GC2 at the right price might be the ideal play. 

Yeah I'm hoping they have something up their sleeve for quad.  I'm extremely happy with mine but GC3 relative to quad seems to be a great value relative to the data points being provided.  

TM SIM 2 9.0* - 1k Tensei White 60TX
TM SIM2 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 80tx

TM SIM2 19* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9x
TM P7MB 4-PW - MMT 125 TX
Taylormade MG2 52* / TW 56* TW 60* MMT Wedge 
Putter: Custom TM Spider S

I just talked with Foresight as well. The one thing I took away is that the GC3 will NOT be compatible with 3rd part simulation software. He expressly said no TGC 2019 or GS Pro. So now I am wondering which 3rd party software the Launch Pro allows as I feel like it would be odd for Foresight to say no but Launch Pro to say yes. He also said FSX Play is coming out in a month or so and is basically improved physics and graphics but no extra courses included or anything like that. It would still be the 10 courses you get for the $7,000 would just transfer over. Kind of a bummer on the 3rd party software and depending on the Launch Pro flexibility, it may push people towards that.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, James495738 said:

It isnt, the GC2+HMT gave the same data points as the GCQ AFAIK.

Minus the face angle data, its nearly the same in terms of functionality. Total price for the Gc2/HMT is 9k plus and that doesnt include any software or simulation ability. The quad is a completely different product and IMHO inherently more accurate (regardless of what the foresight spec is). 

44 minutes ago, wedgegame said:

It's pretty egregious they can't give you all the data points on the unit's LCD.  I understand having to pay to see it in the software or play sim golf, but intentionally crippling the hardware functionality and putting it behind a paywall is garbage.

Flightscope did the same thing with the Xi series, so do many other companies/products. The value is always in the data, not the hw configuration.   

22 minutes ago, Ilgolfer said:

the GC3 will NOT be compatible with 3rd part simulation software. He expressly said no TGC 2019 or GS Pro. So now I am wondering which 3rd party software the Launch Pro allows as I feel like it would be odd for Foresight to say no but Launch Pro to say yes. 

Something definitely seems off about that.  Maybe LP is not 3rd party compatible either?

This is a quote from the MGS article:  "The $799 Bushnell Launch Pro package puts the device almost on even footing with the Foresight GC3. Both include the ability to connect 3rd party simulation software like e6."

Edited by thigos

Spider Mini 35"
Srixon Z Star XV

6 minutes ago, herdtlocker said:

I think my plan is to pre-order a Launch Pro as soon as they come out, scalp it for more once they're sold out, then put that money towards a GC3😆 /jkjk

It might work but speaking as an experienced scalper, at 3K you’ve got to be Billy big potatoes to chance it.

Risk it for a biscuit 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ilgolfer said:

I think they missed the boat the most with the software subscription pricing. If 3rd party simulation was allowed in the silver tier that may be a no brainer as it takes the break even point from 5 to 10 years. If FSX just provided the range and you were able to use 3rd party simulation software for $399 per year that would seemingly be a no brainer considering the overwhelming opinion on FSX 2020 isn't great. As it stands, silver comes with 5 courses and you have to pay for every single one you want to add on to that. That is just insane. For people that can't golf outside year round, I feel like you would want more than 5 courses and how do you justify paying $200ish per course when you could get the entirety of GS Pro for that price? Plus the FSX 2020 graphics are pretty bad from what my research has shown. Kind of missed the boat on this a bit in my opinion. Why not leverage 3rd party simulation software and then have your own range and analysis software as part of the subscription?

I think it's a similar concept to consoles, sell cheap or near-cost and make the real money on games or monthly online multi-player capabilities. Otherwise if silver allowed 3rd party then they'd likely charge 6kish for BLP unit, which is basically exactly what theyre doing with GC3.

33 minutes ago, Ilgolfer said:

I just talked with Foresight as well. The one thing I took away is that the GC3 will NOT be compatible with 3rd part simulation software. He expressly said no TGC 2019 or GS Pro. So now I am wondering which 3rd party software the Launch Pro allows as I feel like it would be odd for Foresight to say no but Launch Pro to say yes. He also said FSX Play is coming out in a month or so and is basically improved physics and graphics but no extra courses included or anything like that. It would still be the 10 courses you get for the $7,000 would just transfer over. Kind of a bummer on the 3rd party software and depending on the Launch Pro flexibility, it may push people towards that.

Yeah I'm out then. $7K to play 10 courses with subpar graphics. My SkyTrak + TGC 2019 and $100/year subscription seems pretty good right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

For you guys that have preordered the GC3, what's the software details?  You own the software for life?  When upgraded/new versions of the software come about for an upcharge, are you able to still use your current software or does it force you to upgrade to continue running as well?

I got an email from foresight rep and asked exactly this but have not heard yet