2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

50 minutes ago, CStephenson17 said:

The Foresight rep I spoke with told me differently. One of his selling points was customer service with the units

It’s possible they will remain independent. I’d say it’s more likely that just hadn’t been fully discussed yet. 

It would be strange to acquire a company and then have them compete directly with your other brand, especially when it’s an identical product. 

27 minutes ago, MichaelO said:

It’s possible they will remain independent. I’d say it’s more likely that just hadn’t been fully discussed yet. 

It would be strange to acquire a company and then have them compete directly with your other brand, especially when it’s an identical product. 

Totally agree. I found it super odd that he mentioned that but just throwing that out there. It could be a later rather than sooner situation 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gresh12 said:

Not to derail this thread but I’m a mid single digit and have owned a SkyTrak and I disagree with not noticing it’s shortcomings. 

the horizontal launch angle tolerance is +|- 2 degrees if memory serves and mine was marginally higher I believe. I aligned the unit by hitting shots dead straight at a string and it would clearly measure straight shots both left and right by a couple degrees even hitting the centre string. I would constantly have shots that were push draws come off as pull draws which any skill level will be mislead by. A couple degrees doesn’t sound like a lot until you start making changes to eliminate pulls you don’t actually have. 

This sort of backs up my point though. You are a mid single digit cap, I would imagine your game is similar or slightly better than my game.  I know from my game that the unit does get some shots wrong but I know my shots and my swing and have a pretty good idea of what my ball is going to do based on my swing and initial flight path.

So to get better, you will need to spend more than the 3k correct for this unit correct?  Please correct me if I'm wrong, I am new to this stuff but have done a ton of research over the last 3-6 months.  With the 3k base unit, you wont know what your side spin is anyways.  If you are 2 degrees off on a push or a pull draw, what does that mean on the golf course?  I would imagine your ball is going to land within a 10-15 yard circle?  

I would imagine the closer I get to a 5 handicap, the closer I will get to pulling the trigger on the $7k GC3 and really trying to up my game.  

53 minutes ago, J Wheazy said:

This sort of backs up my point though. You are a mid single digit cap, I would imagine your game is similar or slightly better than my game.  I know from my game that the unit does get some shots wrong but I know my shots and my swing and have a pretty good idea of what my ball is going to do based on my swing and initial flight path.

So to get better, you will need to spend more than the 3k correct for this unit correct?  Please correct me if I'm wrong, I am new to this stuff but have done a ton of research over the last 3-6 months.  With the 3k base unit, you wont know what your side spin is anyways.  If you are 2 degrees off on a push or a pull draw, what does that mean on the golf course?  I would imagine your ball is going to land within a 10-15 yard circle?  

I would imagine the closer I get to a 5 handicap, the closer I will get to pulling the trigger on the $7k GC3 and really trying to up my game.  

I think your initial post said it mattered for a plus handicap. My main point is it matters way before a plus handicap (I’d argue it matters at all skill levels). 

A push draw on the target line vs a pull draw even 15 yards left of the flag is a tap in birdie vs missing the green on many courses. I’m not saying any launch monitor is perfect but I found SkyTrak HLA off enough it was giving me bad data in my opinion. My Mevo+ reads zero when I launch it straight every time. Now Mevo+ has its issues with spin axis on short ball flight also so I’m aware it’s not the most accurate in other areas (I wouldn’t be shopping for an upgrade if either we’re “close enough” for me). 

My gripe is the general statement “it’s close enough for average golfers” which I disagree with. I know you’re not referencing the R10 but people saying getting the curve the wrong direction is ok at the price point for “an average golfer” blows my mind. How does one learn from something telling them the wrong outcome at any level. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Benoit61 said:

Could someone educate me on the main differences between using a gaming laptop vs gaming Pc to run a gc3 ? I’m thinking laptop is more expensive but portable ?

No difference for this application at least. The most important thing is getting a "gaming" laptop with an Intel CPU since their site says they don't support AMD for whatever reason. You're right a laptop would be more expensive, but portable with less performance than a similarly priced desktop mainly due to cooling. To be honest to run these golf sim software applications it wont matter so long as you get a decent one in ~1k+ range. I opted for Lenovo Legion 5 Pro with Intel i7 and RTX 3060 graphics card for this purpose. I wanted a laptop as my sim will be in my garage and I dont want to keep a PC in that environment 24/7, plus I can play other games in my house. That is likely overkill for this, but any "gaming" laptop with like an i5 or i7 (preferred) and modern dedicated graphics card will likely work. If you find something and want to run it by me feel free to post here or DM me and I will take a look if you'd like.

@brentflog since he asked a similar question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kwayneiu said:

Not gonna lie, I feel for anyone just now coming to this thread. 41 pages, which 20 of those pages are people complaining they arent getting something as accurate with 90%+ features/datapoints as a 20k GCQuad for like 2k all in.. Or comparing it to something cheaper like mevo/skytrak. I get wishful thinking but geez, no point in not being realistic.

Your pricing model is as accurate as Skytrak.

• Like 1

Just to confuse people even more, someone posted that they sold their existing FSX license because he was told that it can only be purchased with a FSX license $7K. Now a rep responded that after the first couple of phases of distribution, there will be a stand alone GC3 that can be purchase and could be used with an existing license. 

This makes ZERO sense. If they said this from the start, I would assume 85% of GC3 purchased would be without FSX. What am I missing here? Would the stand alone price be something as high as $6K? Whats the incentive for $7K buyers? Will FSX cost a lot more in 2022? 

Not going to lie, I was always anticipating a $7K price and but this new comment has left me super confused. 

3 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

Just to confuse people even more, someone posted that they sold their existing FSX license because he was told that it can only be purchased with a FSX license $7K. Now a rep responded that after the first couple of phases of distribution, there will be a stand alone GC3 that can be purchase and could be used with an existing license. 

This makes ZERO sense. If they said this from the start, I would assume 85% of GC3 purchased would be without FSX. What am I missing here? Would the stand alone price be something as high as $6K? Whats the incentive for $7K buyers? Will FSX cost a lot more in 2022? 

Not going to lie, I was always anticipating a $7K price and but this new comment has left me super confused. 

The acquisition is probably a big factor in the confusion. Now that Bushnell and Foresight have the same parent company, they now have two different sets of folks trying to come up with a single strategy. 

That’s also why some of the reps are making comments that “foresight buyers will get better customer service”. Give it a few weeks and we will likely have a lot more clarity. I doubt there is any malice, just people trying to launch two products on the midst of an acquisition. 

I mean yes and no. Management definitely knew of the launch of this new product and acquisition so you would think they had everything all laid out. The only thing left was releasing the data and getting out to customers. 

They are pulling the ultimate Tesla move here.  All I'm saying is if this is true, I would have held out for the stand alone GC3 instead of $7K unless I'm getting an incentive to pay for the “full “ features. We don't know any of the details of the stand alone GC3 but I sure hope they do this right. 

Edited by WallysWorld

Does anyone know if BLP + Gold Package is identical to GC3 or does one offering have more features?

TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 9.5 Matrix Ozik RUL 70X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White Hybrid 100 TX
Ping G400 3-Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105 X
Ping i 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125X
Ping Glide 50SS & 56SS Nippon C10S
Titleist Vokey Low Bounce K 60 Nippon Modus 3 125 X
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

I called and spoke with a foresight rep who speculated what it would look.  I can’t find the link he sent me, but somewhat like this. Even though the basic subscription doesn’t show specific spin numbers, the graphic would still show a slice going far right or a big draw starting right and coming back left.spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PBC GOLFER said:

I called and spoke with a foresight rep who speculated what it would look.  I can’t find the link he sent me, but somewhat like this. Even though the basic subscription doesn’t show specific spin numbers, the graphic would still show a slice going far right or a big draw starting right and coming back left.spacer.png

Hmm. Useful for practice into a net. Interesting. 

19 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Hmm. Useful for practice into a net. Interesting. 

Agreed.  That had always been my intended use for the launch monitor, so was bummed out to see the subscription cost as I don’t have any need for simulation, just net practice.  It’s making the basic subscription look a bit more appealing with the ability to add on silver or gold down the road when the want or need arrives.

1 hour ago, PBC GOLFER said:

Thanks for checking on that…

That really is laughably bad if true. 3K and no left right numbers. I’m out lol.

6 minutes ago, hammersia said:

Thanks for checking on that…

That really is laughably bad if true. 3K and no left right numbers. I’m out lol.

Isn’t off line distance within FSX range app that R / L number? 

is FSX 2020 have any use for a basic sub? Obviously no sim but are there game improvement features basic would have access to? 

8 hours ago, WallysWorld said:They are pulling the ultimate Tesla move here.  All I'm saying is if this is true, I would have held out for the stand alone GC3 instead of $7K unless I'm getting an incentive to pay for the “full “ features. We don't know any of the details of the stand alone GC3 but I sure hope they do this right. 

On my invoice the price for the GC3 was $4999 and FSX was $3000 list price but $2000 sale price.  Leads me to believe the stand alone device from Foresight would be $2k more than the Bushnell without software which makes little sense unless club data is unlocked and accounting for that discrepancy.

16 minutes ago, James495738 said:

According to the specs it gives carry distance and offline.

You could subscribe to decade which includes a bunch of combine tests and all you need to complete them is carry + offline. This also gives you the best golf stats package in existence…

Never heard of decade. 

20 minutes ago, kwettig said:

On my invoice the price for the GC3 was $4999 and FSX was $3000 list price but $2000 sale price.  Leads me to believe the stand alone device from Foresight would be $2k more than the Bushnell without software which makes little sense unless club data is unlocked and accounting for that discrepancy.

Mine was 3999 for the unit and 2999 for the software

I feel like at this point you either are gonna buy it or you're not. All the pertinent info is out there now.

Not sure why people are surprised that a publicly traded company is trying to make as much money possible.

And to all the hate aimed towards FSX, there is no doubt more money will be poured into it's development after being acquired by a company worth a few billion dollars. 

If the software is what is holding you back I'd at least withhold judgement until FSX Fit and FSX Compete and Play are released next month. 

9 minutes ago, kwettig said:

lol well there goes that theory.  Here I thought I was getting a deal on FSX!  🤣

20211003_094430.jpg.2eac49a671d587a786faf5eca07eaf66.jpg

Had to check the invoice again to make sure I wasnt talking out of my a** haha.

I wonder if changing the split between the software and hardware changes the commission the sales person earns or something.

24 minutes ago, DinoSpumoni228 said:

20211003_094430.jpg.2eac49a671d587a786faf5eca07eaf66.jpg

Had to check the invoice again to make sure I wasnt talking out of my a** haha.

I wonder if changing the split between the software and hardware changes the commission the sales person earns or something.

So a fully unlocked GC3 with no software / license is at least $4k according to Foresight. So $1k (or $2k) for the “extra” club data - club path and AoA - compared to LP. That is some expensive data! 

Well, I was very excited about the BLP base price, but the subscription breakdown is a deal breaker. I would only opt for the $800 per year plan, the other tiers are just not appealing. However paying $800 for years to come, just does not make sense to me. My only hope, competition would drive the subscriptions down over time.

I've had the optishot for 8 years and I'm more than ready to move up to the next thing. Skytrack and Memo+ do not seem good enough for $2K.

Idea scenario, I would cut the check today:

• $3K to $4K for reliable hardware,
  • $300 to $400 yearly software cost
  • Or $100 to $200 to open any 3rd party software integration, plus their cost.

BLP is very tempting, but will hold off for other options. For some of us working folk, this is a big investment for years to come.