Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

1 hour ago, CStephenson17 said:

I don’t think so. I saw a poll on the facebook group where 21 said they purchased. Could be inaccurate but I’m guessing it was more in the 100 range

What’s puzzling is that MGS reported they can assemble 200 a day now.  Well 3 weeks of production is 3000 units.  Something isn’t adding up.

Edited by kwettig
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwettig said:

What’s puzzling is that MGS reported they can assemble 200 a day now.  Well 3 weeks of production is 3000 units.  Something isn’t adding up.

Was it clear they had the components to build 200 a day or just the capacity to build 200 a day as there’s a difference if microchips are the hold up (which seems to be the case in other industries) not the production line. 

36 minutes ago, Gresh12 said:

Was it clear they had the components to build 200 a day or just the capacity to build 200 a day as there’s a difference if microchips are the hold up (which seems to be the case in other industries) not the production line. 

I get supply chain shortages abound but why would they tout the assembly capacity and have so few ready for launch? Why bring it up at all? Does selling out in 5 minutes really drive any future demand? 

On the topic of production supply numbers there are only 10 GC3's allocated to New Zealand this year, 5 expected to arrive late Oct and the other 5 Late Nov. But expecting easier availability from Jan onwards.

So based on that, the other reports above and the note in the pre-sale email stating "Please note, pre-orders will ship on or before 11/1", I'd assume they're only just ramping up the production line and won't be at 200/day until November onwards. 

hehe its like the launch of a lot of tech products these days though right? Big PR, big marketing, and on the actual official release date there are 1000 units available for the whole of the US (and 50 units available for the rest of the world) (guess which category i fall into) 🤣

ps: wow 10 units for NZ? That means Australia might get 20! 😄

Edited by tezzlacoil

2 hours ago, Yorke said:

On the topic of production supply numbers there are only 10 GC3's allocated to New Zealand this year, 5 expected to arrive late Oct and the other 5 Late Nov. But expecting easier availability from Jan onwards.

So based on that, the other reports above and the note in the pre-sale email stating "Please note, pre-orders will ship on or before 11/1", I'd assume they're only just ramping up the production line and won't be at 200/day until November onwards. 

I plan on waiting. If the Destiny Cluster screws us over, I'll rue my decision.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

10 hours ago, RH2020 said:

Gc3 is still available in their “bundles” if you are willing to pay $3000 for a net, a turf, and 10 extra courses 😉 it is really a toss up you know, bundle vs eBay haha

It seems foresight is really out of touch with pricing, someone over there needs to wake up. You could order theNetReturn bundle direct from their site, and then a GC3 on its own (as long as it's in stock) and you get the side barriers and the larger net for $1700 less... unless you absolutely need one and it's out of stock, who in their right mind would buy this?

https://www.thenetreturn.com/products/pro-series-v2-large-golf-multi-sport-net-kit?variant=39344464789597 ~ $1399 + $6,995 = $8,394

32 minutes ago, bbish937 said:

It seems foresight is really out of touch with pricing, someone over there needs to wake up. You could order theNetReturn bundle direct from their site, and then a GC3 on its own (as long as it's in stock) and you get the side barriers and the larger net for $1700 less... unless you absolutely need one and it's out of stock, who in their right mind would buy this?

https://www.thenetreturn.com/products/pro-series-v2-large-golf-multi-sport-net-kit?variant=39344464789597 ~ $1399 + $6,995 = $8,394

It’s the other 10 courses that you get that adds to the price.  Pebble and old course collections are over $1750 alone and there’s a few additional standard ones as well.  Still nowhere near the deal for the full simulator, quad and 30 course bundle from Costco for $16k.

8 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Intentional, artificial supply constraint issues. That's what marketing has come to.

Volume is everything in this space and intentionally limiting supply only benefits scalpers, I can assure you they would surely love to sell as many as they can make. The component shortages in this space are very very real. Companies are paying massive expedite fees to get their hands on components just so they can meet their own commitments to end users.

33 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

Can anyone recommend a gaming computer to pair with this device? Foresight recommended this one but I know nothing about gaming computers as this is my first sim. HP dk2097

I bought one from Newegg recently and it's a beast! I have a SkyTrak, and it significantly cut down on the shot delays I was having.

Everyone has an opinion, but if you get an NVIDIA 2000+ and Intel i7 or better, you should have a pretty good gaming computer. Pick based on your budget. Here's a filtered page for it (non-affiliate link) https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?RandomID=53072762141575920211005132804&N=100897483 601314311 601314320 601321637 601357672&Order=1

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, noodle24 said:

I bought one from Newegg recently and it's a beast! I have a SkyTrak, and it significantly cut down on the shot delays I was having.

Everyone has an opinion, but if you get an NVIDIA 2000+ and Intel i7 or better, you should have a pretty good gaming computer. Pick based on your budget. Here's a filtered page for it (non-affiliate link) https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?RandomID=53072762141575920211005132804&N=100897483 601314311 601314320 601321637 601357672&Order=1

Thanks will take a look. I was hoping to go with a laptops since my set up will be pretty mobile for the next few years without a dedicated area. However maybe since the new devices is wireless I can still move 60 or 70 feet away outside and still bounce info through the desktop.

3 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Can anyone recommend a gaming computer to pair with this device? Foresight recommended this one but I know nothing about gaming computers as this is my first sim. HP dk2097

I just purchased a Dell G15 5510 with RTX 3060, i7-10870H, 16GB memory for $920. I purchased from the Dell Business Outlet. I was looking at systems with the 3050TI but when I looked at the reviews, the 3060 was rated better than the 3050 which was not really considered an upgrade to the 20x series. Its probably overkill for golf simulation and probably middle of the road if one is a serious gamer and needs to run in high quality mode and needs 60 fps or better. I'm also using it as my work from home computer and so far so good as I'm running two additional monitors with no issues.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

42 minutes ago, happygolfer said:

I just purchased a Dell G15 5510 with RTX 3060, i7-10870H, 16GB memory for $920. I purchased from the Dell Business Outlet. I was looking at systems with the 3050TI but when I looked at the reviews, the 3060 was rated better than the 3050 which was not really considered an upgrade to the 20x series. Its probably overkill for golf simulation and probably middle of the road if one is a serious gamer and needs to run in high quality mode and needs 60 fps or better. I'm also using it as my work from home computer and so far so good as I'm running two additional monitors with no issues.

I got a dell g15. Seemed to have all of the necessary stuff needed based on what the foresight rep sent me. Will see when I hook it up. 

5 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Thanks will take a look. I was hoping to go with a laptops since my set up will be pretty mobile for the next few years without a dedicated area. However maybe since the new devices is wireless I can still move 60 or 70 feet away outside and still bounce info through the desktop.

I never thought of that... I've got a work/gaming PC in a room close. But how would you interact with the launch monitor eg if you wanted to look at a shot or drill down into info, or if you are playing a course skip a shot or do something like that?

1 hour ago, tezzlacoil said:

I never thought of that... I've got a work/gaming PC in a room close. But how would you interact with the launch monitor eg if you wanted to look at a shot or drill down into info, or if you are playing a course skip a shot or do something like that?

Wireless keyboard/mouse maybe. Wireless display too. But depends on how much distance and interference there is. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I don't know enough about the system yet but my guess would be you would just have to run a cable from the desktop to whatever monitor you want to broadcast a video to, not all that difficult to run a cable through the attic.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:20 AM, Nick-FDD said:

Well, I was very excited about the BLP base price, but the subscription breakdown is a deal breaker. I would only opt for the $800 per year plan, the other tiers are just not appealing. However paying $800 for years to come, just does not make sense to me. My only hope, competition would drive the subscriptions down over time.

I've had the optishot for 8 years and I'm more than ready to move up to the next thing. Skytrack and Memo+ do not seem good enough for $2K.

Idea scenario, I would cut the check today:

• $3K to $4K for reliable hardware,
  • $300 to $400 yearly software cost
  • Or $100 to $200 to open any 3rd party software integration, plus their cost.

BLP is very tempting, but will hold off for other options. For some of us working folk, this is a big investment for years to come.

How about something like the UNEEKOR QED?  It's a little more upfront than what you quoted for hardware at $7k, but it is very reliable and has playback video of the club at impact which I think is super helpful and not offered on any units other than UNEEKOR.  Plus you can get a lifetime subscription to some pretty good looking software with GSPro for $500.  With that you are all in for $7.5k with no recurring yearly costs.  If you're willing to go $4k for a unit and $500 or so every year the price becomes pretty similar in just a couple years.

15 minutes ago, BrewingSim said:

How about something like the UNEEKOR QED?  It's a little more upfront than what you quoted for hardware at $7k, but it is very reliable and has playback video of the club at impact which I think is super helpful and not offered on any units other than UNEEKOR.  Plus you can get a lifetime subscription to some pretty good looking software with GSPro for $500.  With that you are all in for $7.5k with no recurring yearly costs.  If you're willing to go $4k for a unit and $500 or so every year the price becomes pretty similar in just a couple years.

Uneekor qed looks amazing - anyone who hasn't seen what it shows with club impact and path, how it integrates video of your swing etc should YouTube it. That's gotta be what i hope becomes standard in an economically priced launch monitor in 10 years time 😊

However it's a fixed ceiling unit so it looks like you need a reasonably sized dedicated space with high ceilings and obviously it's not portable. Portability doesn't bother me much but the space requirement rules it out

Uneekor qed looks amazing - anyone who hasn't seen what it shows with club impact and path, how it integrates video of your swing etc should YouTube it. That's gotta be what i hope becomes standard in an economically priced launch monitor in 10 years time 😊

However it's a fixed ceiling unit so it looks like you need a reasonably sized dedicated space with high ceilings and obviously it's not portable. Portability doesn't bother me much but the space requirement rules it out

The dedicated space part may rule it out, but if it is just a ceiling height thing I have seen some people recess the unit into the ceiling.  I'm in the process of building a sim in my new house after selling my old set up with the old house, and I would have loved to start with one of the Uneekor products, but the initial cost plus building the enclosure, the turf, projector, PC etc was a little high so I decided to go with a Mevo plus for now and upgrade to a Uneekor or similar unit in 2-3 years and when I do I will recess the unit up between floor joists to get the required height above the hitting area.  Then I'll have a pretty awesome fixed area in the house and still have the Mevo plus if I want to take something to the range.

2 hours ago, BrewingSim said:

The only issue is you have to use marked balls,  The XO you can use whatever ball you want

7 minutes ago, soupy01833 said:

The only issue is you have to use marked balls,  The XO you can use whatever ball you want

Very true, but you are paying $3k more for that feature (I know there are other things you get as well), and the guy's budget was more in the $3-4k range total so I didn't think that was the best option.

Looks like the first two guys flipping their BLP on ebay are going to get paid.  For those of you who bought either the BLP or GC3, I guess you should consider flipping yours then reorder.  Save $500-1000+ by waiting a little bit longer to get (keep) yours.

The fact that people are able to flip these is a true testament to American's lack of patience.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

Looks like the first two guys flipping their BLP on ebay are going to get paid.  For those of you who bought either the BLP or GC3, I guess you should consider flipping yours then reorder.  Save $500-1000+ by waiting a little bit longer to get (keep) yours.

The fact that people are able to flip these is a true testament to American's lack of patience.  

I’m not sure what my price is, but if they end up netting $1500, it’ll be tempting.