Jump to content

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

2) I was the one who posted this originally. This $4K GC3 pertains to those who already own a FSX license. According to the Foresight rep, GC3 requires an FSX license. So either you buy now for $7K or later maybe 2022, you can buy GC3 without FSX for $4K then activate your unit with your existing license. I'm sure someone will eventually figure out a way to use it without a FSX license but it's too early to determine. 

 

 

 

 

I would not count on that if it is anything like the quad. You need to hook it up to FSX on a semi regular basis ping the mothership, otherwise the unit goes into inoperable mode until you do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, amj6135 said:

2) I don't think that's what they're talking about.  I spoke to a Foresight rep today who said if you buy the Launch Pro from Bushnell for 2999 they will be offering a way for 4,000 dollars to buy yourself out of the subscription model at anytime.  Essentially unlocking your Launch Pro into a "GC3" with the outright ownership of FSX 2020 or whatever the software is at the the time you purchase.   

Yes, that is correct $3K hardware + $4K unlock = same price as the GC3. Confirmed this with Bushnell Golf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

Yes, that is correct $3K hardware + $4K unlock = same price as the GC3. Confirmed this with Bushnell Golf

Funny. I ordered the GC3 and my invoice looks like this: 5 and 2 vs 3 and 4.

 

Screenshot_20211005-181324_Opera.jpg

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
2 Ball Ten

V1X, CSX-LS, who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

 

Good catch.

 

Though I do appreciate that Foresight is now dedicating some resources to the software side of their business, I can't say that anything in this first look wowed me.  

 

Outside of hitting balls at the Eiffel Tower and other landmarks (dumb), I didn't see anything really new. Heck, even the graphics, on first glance, didn't look much different than FSX2020.

 

*Crossing fingers this new release gains ground on Trackman's software *

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

In that case, not sure why anyone would buy the GC3? 
 

Buy the LP, experiment with the full unlock for a month free, if you like it/need/want the full package, pay the 4k. If you don’t, just do the basic.  

 

17 hours ago, oodavo said:

Or just pay yearly and have the full package for 1 year for $3800. I agree the GC3 route doesn't make sense, Sure paying yearly will get you to the GC3 cost after 5 years or so, but at that point Im sure there will be better/cheaper options. 

 

You are forgetting about resale value, even at a perfect resale value of the LP, $3k after 2-5 years, if you buy the full unlock of $4k or you paid $800 a year for subscription, those cannot be recouped. The resale value of the LP will always be at a MAXIMUM of $3k, whatever more money you put into it subscription based or not you will never get back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bbish937 said:

 

 

You are forgetting about resale value, even at a perfect resale value of the LP, $3k after 2-5 years, if you buy the full unlock of $4k or you paid $800 a year for subscription, those cannot be recouped. The resale value of the LP will always be at a MAXIMUM of $3k, whatever more money you put into it subscription based or not you will never get back.

Isn't the license transferrable?  

  • Like 1

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, bbish937 said:

 

 

You are forgetting about resale value, even at a perfect resale value of the LP, $3k after 2-5 years, if you buy the full unlock of $4k or you paid $800 a year for subscription, those cannot be recouped. The resale value of the LP will always be at a MAXIMUM of $3k, whatever more money you put into it subscription based or not you will never get back.

Ya, i guess that depends if they let you transfer your license. I have zero clue what they have done in the past, but my guess is they would not let you transfer the software side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Good catch.

 

Though I do appreciate that Foresight is now dedicating some resources to the software side of their business, I can't say that anything in this first look wowed me.  

 

Outside of hitting balls at the Eiffel Tower and other landmarks (dumb), I didn't see anything really new. Heck, even the graphics, on first glance, didn't look much different than FSX2020.

 

*Crossing fingers this new release gains ground on Trackman's software *

I agree that I hope the graphics are a lot better than the teaser. I would not be surprised if Vista Outdoors goes after a GS Pro. This is exactly what Trackman did with JNPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oodavo said:

Ya, i guess that depends if they let you transfer your license. I have zero clue what they have done in the past, but my guess is they would not let you transfer the software side. 

 

When I was looking into used GC quads there was a $1000 license transfer fee

 

1 minute ago, bbish937 said:

I don't know if this has been asked but does the GC3 do putting? I know it doesn't have putting analysis, but in FSX could you still putt? Or "putting analysis" means it can't read puts at all...

 

I've been told is can track puts for simulator purposes, but obviously no putting analysis like the quad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Krt22 said:

I would not count on that if it is anything like the quad. You need to hook it up to FSX on a semi regular basis ping the mothership, otherwise the unit goes into inoperable mode until you do.

 

Can you elaborate on this?  Inoperable meaning can't even use on the range or inoperable as far as connecting to any simulation software?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, clevited said:

 

Can you elaborate on this?  Inoperable meaning can't even use on the range or inoperable as far as connecting to any simulation software?

This is in their manual.

 

image.png.e3529deec3d60573b239d30ecbf2f07c.png

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, clevited said:

 

Thanks!

No problem.  I can understand checking in once in a while.  But, every 45 days seems excessive.  It also has to be connected to the internet once every 14 days or it won't connect to apps, at least according to the manual.  Not sure if the Launch Pro would be the same.  Just seems extremely aggressive on their part to require such a short window before the device needs to phone home.  

GC3 User Manual.pdf

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, radiman said:

No problem.  I can understand checking in once in a while.  But, every 45 days seems excessive.  It also has to be connected to the internet once every 14 days or it won't connect to apps, at least according to the manual.  Not sure if the Launch Pro would be the same.  Just seems extremely aggressive on their part to require such a short window before the device needs to phone home.  

GC3 User Manual.pdf 8.86 MB · 2 downloads

 

It doesn't seem to say specifically that it needs FSX to renew/register.  I wouldn't doubt that it does if the Quad does.  I am kinda hoping a guy could sell FSX 2020 and still use the GC3 for E6 and what have you.  I really don't want FSX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, clevited said:

 

It doesn't seem to say specifically that it needs FSX to renew/register.  I wouldn't doubt that it does if the Quad does.  I am kinda hoping a guy could sell FSX 2020 and still use the GC3 for E6 and what have you.  I really don't want FSX.

Hmm, that is a good question.  I am not sure how the integration works.  If the 3rd party sim software reads what FSX outputs and uses that data for its simulation.  Can you buy a quad without a FSX license? 

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, radiman said:

Hmm, that is a good question.  I am not sure how the integration works.  If the 3rd party sim software reads what FSX outputs and uses that data for its simulation.  Can you buy a quad without a FSX license? 

 

It doesn't look like you can buy any launch monitor from FS without also buying their software.  That is how they get you, and also how they force their imo, lack luster and overly expensive software on you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, clevited said:

 

It doesn't look like you can buy any launch monitor from FS without also buying their software.  That is how they get you, and also how they force their imo, lack luster and overly expensive software on you.

Maybe someone with some knowhow will figure out a way to jailbreak the firmware or something haha.  Then we can just buy the Launch Pro and go with whatever software we want.  A guy can dream. 

  • Thanks 1

Ping G425 LST 10.5* w/Accra TZ5 M5 tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bbish937 said:

 

 

You are forgetting about resale value, even at a perfect resale value of the LP, $3k after 2-5 years, if you buy the full unlock of $4k or you paid $800 a year for subscription, those cannot be recouped. The resale value of the LP will always be at a MAXIMUM of $3k, whatever more money you put into it subscription based or not you will never get back.

I don’t think that’s true if you unlock your LP it’s the same license as the GC3 so resale would be the same.  Now there is no recouping yearly fees

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, amj6135 said:

I don’t think that’s true if you unlock your LP it’s the same license as the GC3 so resale would be the same.  Now there is no recouping yearly fees

Are you sure the GC3 software side is transferable? From what I vaguely remember reading in the manual it’s a 1 time computer activation for $4k. Quad you can transfer for a $1k. I’ve heard of people just selling the gaming computer with the quad and using a random gmail address for the account to avoid transfer fees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, amj6135 said:

I don’t think that’s true if you unlock your LP it’s the same license as the GC3 so resale would be the same.  Now there is no recouping yearly fees

It would seem silly to me to purchase (unlock) the FSX license for the purposes of reselling your unit. You'd effectively be taking a loss on top of the resale value loss for the LP.   

 

The point bbish937 was making was that you own none of the $4000 worth of software (assuming 5 years worth of subscription) with the LP,  so when trying to resell your LP, the max you'll get for it is 3k (unlikely). Whereas with a GC3, assuming you resell it after 5 years of ownership as well you you'd get resell value for both the hardware and the software.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Luke.Sutton said:

Are you sure the GC3 software side is transferable? From what I vaguely remember reading in the manual it’s a 1 time computer activation for $4k. Quad you can transfer for a $1k. I’ve heard of people just selling the gaming computer with the quad and using a random gmail address for the account to avoid transfer fees. 

Surely not 1k to transfer between computers??.... what if you upgrade your gaming laptop for a new one....and yes I'd always use a burner email for these devices....I even have one for my R10 incase I sell it which is very possible and at least that way the new owner can still have the e6 courses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 RSM Classic - Discussion and Links
      2021 RSM Classic - Monday
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #1
      2021 RSM Classic - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brett Drewitt - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Matt Wallace - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Josh Creel - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Ben Crane - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Justin Lower - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Adam Svensson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Brendon Todd - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Webb Simpson - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Chesson Hadley - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Kiradech Aphibarnrat - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Bill Haas - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Max Homa - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
      Nick Watney - WITB - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
      New Odyssey Tri Hot putters - 2021 RSM Classic
       
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      Pat Perez - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Tony Finau - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Kramer Hickok - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Paul Barjon - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Nate Lashley - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Seamus Powers - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Dylan Frittelli - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      C.T. Pan - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Chase Koepka - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Branden Grace - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Marc Leishman - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Martin Laird - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Shane Lowery - WITB - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
      Cameron CT T-11 putter - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      New Graphite Design shafts - WITB @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron cover from 2021 ZOZO Championship - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Bettinardi covers - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
      Cameron CT putters - @ 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open
       
       
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open - Wednesday #3
       
       
       
       
      • 1 reply
    • APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! 10 Testers Needed!
      L.A.B. Golf is choosing ten GolfWRX members to receive their MEZZ.1 putter early and put their brand new product to the test before reporting back to the community about what they see. The selected testers will be one of the first to experience the MEZZ.1 from L.A.B. GOLF, their newest Lie Angle Balanced design, ahead of it's January 2022 launch!
       
      About The L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Putter
      MEZZ.1 is our new mid-mallet putter that’s fully CNC machined from a billet of 6061 aircraft aluminum (body) and 303 stainless steel (midsection) to create our best-feeling — and we think best looking — putter to date. It includes 10 weights (eight on the bottom, two on the sides) that allow us to individually build each putter to a golfer’s exact specifications.
       
      How To Apply
      In a post below, answer the following questions.
       
      1. City, State?
      2. Handicap?
      3. What is your current putter?
      4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?
      5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?
      6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?
       
      That's it! @labgolf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 435 replies
    • 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #1
      2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club - Tuesday #2
       
       
      Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Rose - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Collin Morikawa - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Jason Day - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Erik Van Rooyen - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Matt Jones - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Davis - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Byeong Hun An - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Min Kyu - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
      Joohyung Kim - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Tommy Fleetwood - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Lucas Glover - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Keegan Bradley - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
       
       
       
      Gary Woodland's new Cameron putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Kevin Na's new Odyssey/Toulon putter - 2021 CJ Cup @ The Summit Club
      Jucie wedges & Proto irons - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club
       
       
       
       
      • 6 replies
    • 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      Links:
       
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Ian Poulter - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Corey Conners - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Harry Higgs - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Matt NeSmith - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      Doug Ghim - WITB - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Cameron Las Vegas covers - 2021 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
      New Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX shafts - 2021 Shriners Hospitals doe Children Open
       
       

       
        • Like
      • 15 replies

×
×
  • Create New...