2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Can someone review the FSX Pro app? I’m interested in a GC3 for my backyard net/range using just my iPad. With FSX Pro available why would someone use FSX mobile? Maybe I’m missing something. Any input would be appreciated. 

G425 LST 9
G425 LST 14.5
TS3 18*
S55 or i210
Glide 3.0 54* 58*
Ping PLD Anser D

13 minutes ago, PantherFritz said:

Can someone review the FSX Pro app? I’m interested in a GC3 for my backyard net/range using just my iPad. With FSX Pro available why would someone use FSX mobile? Maybe I’m missing something. Any input would be appreciated. 

go on YouTube. There are a couple videos out there. 

16 minutes ago, PantherFritz said:

They are different. Pro is more focused on the club metrics, tabulating the data (club vs ball), visualization of the impact, etc. You get the 2D ball flight (segmented in vertical and lateral). FSX mobile is more just for hitting like you would on a driving, it has the 3D ball flight, the skills challenge, etc. I would say the skills challenge sucks though as you cant adjust the green firmess/speed and the roll out is very unrealistic

Edited by Krt22

49 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

Someone used an app that you basically connect to FSX on your gaming PC and can control and view it on your Ipad. 

Let me search for it. 

https://letsview.com/windows?fbclid=IwAR071ypu1SZaDWWvyZXEoiyPIesNYJYY0IraBUN2rlq6-6DeKxskFCgqiFk 

@Magnets I can't remember if this is the exact one but someone recommended something very similar and you can project to projector 16:9.

15 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I think it's pretty demanding and laptops can overheat. Also suggested 3070 and up card! 

Thanks! I admittedly know nothing about computer specs, nor have any interest in learning.

Curious to see what others buy for their setups.

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

31 minutes ago, thigos said:

Thanks! I admittedly know nothing about computer specs, nor have any interest in learning.

Curious to see what others buy for their setups.

Also stay away from Radeon graphics card. It will run but will crash often. My buddy is having this issue with FSX and FSX Pro. 

Edited by WallysWorld
  • Like 2

@kwettig this is from the main developers of GS pro. Their software is more demanding as it can display in 4K but you can change the graphics on the software options to handle whatever system you have. The other thing to consider is that laptop and desktop necessarily do not display the same even if they are using in this instance 3070 card. They are technically not the same card, Nvidia really should change this to make it less confusing. From my limited amount of knowledge, laptops work harder because of they are limited in power. Obviously people are still able to game with gaming laptops so that's something to consider. 

@Magnets care to chime in? 

Edited by WallysWorld

22 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

@kwettig this is from the main developers of GS pro. Their software is more demanding as it can display in 4K but you can change the graphics on the software options to handle whatever system you have. The other thing to consider is that laptop and desktop necessarily do not display the same even if they are using in this instance 3070 card. They are technically not the same card, Nvidia really should change this to make it less confusing. From my limited amount of knowledge, laptops work harder because of they are limited in power. Obviously people are still able to game with gaming laptops so that's something to consider. 

@Magnets care to chime in? 

I did read that it used to be the case where there was a very significant difference but that gap has narrowed in the last 2-3 generations though the power issue makes sense. I haven’t bought a computer since I got a MacBook Pro in 2013…lol so any advice I’ll take into consideration.

Still need to get a screen and a projector this winter so I’ll just be hitting into my net return until then.  I doubt I’ll be using gs pro anytime soon though it does look nice.  And I probably won’t swing a high budget 4K projector when I do get one.  I know it’s not a great time to buy right now so just trying to get a computer that I can display to a tv while I build out the rest of the system.

Thanks for the help!

I also started with a Net Return. Was using it outdoors and eventually had the simulation screen along with the cover so I didn't have to break it down. It worked well but I had to bring it indoors cause it was right outside of my baby's window. Take your time and do it right. There are multiple ways and every set up is different. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. 

53 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I did read that it used to be the case where there was a very significant difference but that gap has narrowed in the last 2-3 generations though the power issue makes sense. I haven’t bought a computer since I got a MacBook Pro in 2013…lol so any advice I’ll take into consideration.

The gap may have narrowed, but it’s still pretty material. You also have to remember there’s a performance gap between mobile CPUs and Desktop CPUs as well, so the difference of mobile vs desktop compounds. However, if you’re not running at 4k then you’ll be able to get away with a lot less specs wise. 

There are some very capable laptops out there these days, but you’re going to see huge gaps from a laptop is more of a desktop replacement that prioritizes cooling over something less well thought out. So it isn’t to say don’t go with a laptop, just be aware of its limitations and make sure you read some quality reviews that will really put the laptop through its paces. 

• Like 2

It's this demanding, which-PC-to-get question that makes me wish it just worked as a PS5 input on 2k golf or EA. Much less expensive, designed to do the job, and handles 4k easily.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

6 hours ago, kwettig said:

Still need to get a screen and a projector this winter so I’ll just be hitting into my net return until then.  I doubt I’ll be using gs pro anytime soon though it does look nice.  And I probably won’t swing a high budget 4K projector when I do get one.  I know it’s not a great time to buy right now so just trying to get a computer that I can display to a tv while I build out the rest of the system.

Thanks for the help!

It's not so much a power issue as a heat issue.  Laptops just cannot cool as much as a desktop can (fans and heatsinks are smaller, and everything is crammed much closer together), so everything winds up being thermally throttled.  So an intel i7 processor in a laptop will run slower than an intel i7 processor in a desktop, because the faster it runs, the more heat it generates.  Same with video cards.  If you look at a desktop video card, the cooling system on it is like 1/2 the size of an entire gaming laptop.

That's not to say however that a gaming laptop would not be capable of running GSPro or whatever, but you may not be able to run it on the highest graphical settings.

38 minutes ago, elsie451 said:

It's not so much a power issue as a heat issue.  Laptops just cannot cool as much as a desktop can (fans and heatsinks are smaller, and everything is crammed much closer together), so everything winds up being thermally throttled.  So an intel i7 processor in a laptop will run slower than an intel i7 processor in a desktop, because the faster it runs, the more heat it generates.  Same with video cards.  If you look at a desktop video card, the cooling system on it is like 1/2 the size of an entire gaming laptop.

That's not to say however that a gaming laptop would not be capable of running GSPro or whatever, but you may not be able to run it on the highest graphical settings.

Well said. I just cant see a golf simulator being more taxing on a video card than modern video games. 

17 hours ago, gibbiesmalls said:

I can't speak to the GC3 because I don't own one, but I can't imagine it would be different than the GC Quad (which I do own), and the answer is no. The GC3 is unlikely to "store" any of the previous session's historical data. The LCD only displays the current shot, and if you turn off/turn on the device, no shot ever taken on the it will be "accessible". 

If you want any shot "logging" you'd need to use the GC3 with FSX Pro, FSX 2020 (soon to be FSX Play) or FSX Mobile (assuming FSX Mobile will be compatible with the GC3 as it is with the Quad) 

Thanks.

I found a video on the Foresight youtube channel yesterday which implies this happens (specific comments around 01:03):

It does say it uses 'the cloud' and I dont know how a disconnected device can do such a thing, perhaps it is even more magical than we realise?

This is somewhat surprising a $7/20k device which doesnt have a few MB of persistent memory!

Edited by James495738

8 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

It's this demanding, which-PC-to-get question that makes me wish it just worked as a PS5 input on 2k golf or EA. Much less expensive, designed to do the job, and handles 4k easily.

That would be amazing.  I wonder if it would be possible on xbox since it is kind of windows based. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

3 hours ago, oodavo said:

Well said. I just cant see a golf simulator being more taxing on a video card than modern video games. 

I know. Given the 90's quality of graphics I am surprised it doesnt run on the integrated card.

I guess the big difference is optimisation. Major game titles will spend huge amounts of effort optimising everything to run as well as possible, if FSX needs any GPU made in the last 10 years it clearly isnt optimised!

12 hours ago, kwettig said:

So the laptop I posted has an RTX 3070.  I don’t see a comparable desktop for less.  Is the only concern cooling if they have the same specs or better?  Thanks for your help.

A laptop graphics card is not a 1 rto one comparison do a desktop
a 3070 laptop gpu is 35% slower than a desktop 3070.  the second point.  laptops heat up quickly and will throttle the GPU>

sorry I see many people gave the same thing

Edited by soupy01833

So far from the videos shown I'm definitely not blown away by the software provided with the BLP and GC3.  Considering the software is $4k and the hardware is $3k, I was really expecting it to be pretty incredible.  

Really wish they had provided an ali carte style where you choose the GC3 hardware for $3k and then pick out your software program and list of options tailored to what you want.  They could have offered the fsx for a slight discount as a partnership but it just seems like the software is the only thing really holding back this beast of a simulator.

Hopefully as competitors come on the market, it'll open foresight's ears to listening to what consumers want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oodavo said:

A good golf simulator with really nice graphics is no different than a game.  It has to be do the same rendering so it is just as taxing as computer game in the highest resolutions.
you can always run on a lesser setting and use a much less powerful GPU

Does anyone know if the Bushnell Launch Pro will be available in Canada at all or will it only be the GC3? 

On the Bushnell site it seems like it is only available to US or European consumers.  I also have not seen either unit on the standard Canadian distributors like Par2Pro.  

Has anyone been able to figure out more than I have? I'm not against just getting the GC3, just want to know if I will eventually have both options or not.

19 minutes ago, Rory4Pres said:

So far from the videos shown I'm definitely not blown away by the software provided with the BLP and GC3.  Considering the software is $4k and the hardware is $3k, I was really expecting it to be pretty incredible.  

Really wish they had provided an ali carte style where you choose the GC3 hardware for $3k and then pick out your software program and list of options tailored to what you want.  They could have offered the fsx for a slight discount as a partnership but it just seems like the software is the only thing really holding back this beast of a simulator.

Hopefully as competitors come on the market, it'll open foresight's ears to listening to what consumers want.

They are going to release FSX play which is supposed to be much Improved,  I agree FSX 2020 is not very good graphically
they did hire unity developers last year to help with the new release.  I guess we will find out soon enough

10 minutes ago, soupy01833 said:

They are going to release FSX play which is supposed to be much Improved,  I agree FSX 2020 is not very good graphically
they did hire unity developers last year to help with the new release.  I guess we will find out soon enough

That seems promising.  My first thought watching a couple videos about the software made me think the gc2's range was actually better.  I'm sure the new one had more bells and whistles but having "locked" yardage targets seems really odd.  I mean, how hard is it to move a green up or back on a range? haha.  Would like a better view of the shot too.  Loved the flying view the gc2 provided.

I'm sure for me (and a lot of customers), the range should be a focal point of attention for software developers.  We want every distance, with several viewing options, all kinds of playing conditions, elevated or lower trajectory options, maybe even tree placement options to force certain ball movement left to right or vis versa.  

The idea of giving a basic flat green space with limited distances and view points seems crazy for the 40 or 50% of consumers who buy this with the primary focus of training in the off season rather than farting around playing sim golf, drinking beer, with the buddies or family.

Edited by Rory4Pres
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rory4Pres said:

That seems promising.  My first thought watching a couple videos about the software made me think the gc2's range was actually better.  I'm sure the new one had more bells and whistles but having "locked" yardage targets seems really odd.  I mean, how hard is it to move a green up or back on a range? haha.  Would like a better view of the shot too.  Loved the flying view the gc2 provided.

I'm sure for me (and a lot of customers), the range should be a focal point of attention for software developers.  We want every distance, with several viewing options, all kinds of playing conditions, elevated or lower trajectory options, maybe even tree placement options to force certain ball movement left to right or vis versa.  

The idea of giving a basic flat green space with limited distances and view points seems crazy for the 40 or 50% of consumers who buy this with the primary focus of training in the off season rather than farting around playing sim golf, drinking beer, with the buddies or family.

I use FSX 2020 range and you can absolutely move the pin to a desired yardage,  FSXpro i dont thing you can but fsx pro is more for fitters and gapping

• Like 1

Just now, soupy01833 said:

I use FSX 2020 range and you can absolutely move the pin to a desired yardage,  FSXpro i dont thing you can but fsx pro is more for fitters and gapping

good.  Obviously I'm just going off the 2 youtube videos I saw so I haven't used it personally but you catch my drift about expecting a high end range option if you are going to fork out $4k for software of a $7k simulator.  

Just seems crazy,

they should have done $3k for console, $200 all in for 2d range, $500 for 3d, $800 for 3d with all bells and whistles on the range, then similar options for sim golf.  

To the people looking for a computer. If you follow the link below and enter coupon code DBXPSAFF106, you can get a computer that is more than capable of running FSX for $1,090 + $70 to upgrade the RAM to 16GB DDR4 3200 (just grab something by Crucial or Corsair off amazon).

Comes with a RTX 3060 GPU so it's really a steal given the current state of the market.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/xps-desktop/spd/xps-8940-desktop/xd8940msr20haff?AID=8200811&cjevent=eed15d6a285411ec835a015f0a82b82c&publisher=&cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&gacd=9694607-23736398-5750457-266319267-127795103&dgc=af&VEN1=12839518-8200811-xid-fr1633710567621cfg-IDG Communications&dclid=CMqH_5Weu_MCFYxE7AodDuEKEw&nclid=xufVW0CfIqMv-qvHQekd6p1W5sZd_jCmOUh7jk96naTR2htZVSCO7jEEyPg9GgxA

Edited by DinoSpumoni228

3 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

Ive been saying this too. For $3,000 the base functionality of the unit should include some sort of 3D range. I would venture to say that more than 50% of the people buying this product only really want a decent range.

MOST GOLFERS DONT LIKE SIM GOLF. Nothing wrong with liking it, but if you go to an actual golf course and ask everyone who walks through the door if they would be interested in buying a device to play rounds of simulated computer golf at home I think the answer would be a resounding no. 

• Like 2