Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

11 minutes ago, Birkeley31 said:

I submitted a support ticket with Foresight because my GC3 would not connect with FSX Mobile on my iPad and received the following reply: 

"At this time FSX Mobile does not support the GC3 but that could change in the future. There is no timeline for when this feature will be added."

Based on this it appears you have two options: Gaming PC or GC3 by itself.

Have you tried FSX Pro on the iPad? 

3 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

Have you tried FSX Pro on the iPad? 

I tried and when the app launches I get a message saying the app is no longer supported and quits. Oddly, I did download the app a week before I got my GC3 and it didn't give me this error when I first downloaded it.

If anyone has been able to make this work I'd be curious to hear how they did it.

• Confused 1

@Magnets thanks for the info, and that's what I was suspecting. 

New gaming rig should be here in the next couple days, so I'll keep using it the old fashion way, at the range and staring at the screen for info (not complaining at all...well kind of am, but not).

Thanks again, and if anything changes or I figure some crazy nonsense out to get it to work, I will share. 

28 minutes ago, Birkeley31 said:

I submitted a support ticket with Foresight because my GC3 would not connect with FSX Mobile on my iPad and received the following reply: 

"At this time FSX Mobile does not support the GC3 but that could change in the future. There is no timeline for when this feature will be added."

Feeling a little half baked and pushed for an early release before it was all polished

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tigerwars99 said:

Initial thoughts on this (Launch Pro version) are mixed. I also have a Mevo and a Mevo+ and I will post a video with readings from all 3 if there is interest.

I have generally been quite happy with the Mevos. I only got this to retrofit another room in my house to a hitting area and I don't have enough depth for a radar unit.

Pros:

• Extremely well made. The device has a great weight to it and the build quality is excellent.
  • Extremely quick readings. Shots read almost instantaneously and obviously have the numbers that I expect.

Cons / Opportunities for Improvement:

• The resolution on the screen isn't has sharp as I was expecting. It's fine, but seems like they could have gotten a better screen in these.
  • I had challenges with initial registration. My main wifi network has some configuration that was preventing the device from communicating with foresight's servers. I was able to get around this by connecting the device to a hotspot on my phone for the initial registration. Subsequent connections to my wifi network do allow me to connect to the device from FSX Subscription and FSX Pro.
  • The software for this (more on the FSX Subscription side) is extremely quirky. I am using a high-ish end gaming laptop for this (geforce 3060, i7, 16gb ram) but found that FSX Subscription would immediate crash when opening it (would pop up a splash screen for 5 seconds and just close). FSX Pro opened just fine. Further investigation of the logs showed that the software was trying to use my Iris display adapter instead of my 3060. Disabling the Iris through device manager allowed FSX Sub to open successfully, but I also had to set the display adapter in the FSX Sub settings to get the software to work without lag.
  • The download page for software being hosted on hightail.com is really sketchy. Also the instructions requiring you to circumvent Window's protections is really unacceptable for a company the size of Vista Outdoors.
  • The subscription verification seems like it is pretty buggy. I had multiple times when trying to use FSX Sub that it would tell me that I didn't have a sub or that my sub was expired that required me to restart my session. It also only shows me having 1 day left on my gold (purchased in full yesterday).
  • Yardages vary between what is shown on the unit and what is shown as carry distance in FSX Sub. I assume the device is compensating for elevation/temp/barometric pressure or something, but it would be nice to understand more around why it does this

Overall the hardware is excellent. Once they get the software in a good state or open it up to other vendors, seems like a good value for the money (both the GC3 or the LP depending on what you are looking to spend).

If anyone from Bushnell sees this and wants to talk more about my experience, feel free to send me a DM. I am in the software industry and am comfortable reading logs and/or messing with various network and o/s settings.

Also if anyone wants to see a video comparing Mevo, Mevo+, and LP/GC3, let me know and I am happy to toss one together. Let me know if there is anything specific you want to see in that.

Would love a video on your thoughts and comparisons

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Birkeley31 said:

I tried and when the app launches I get a message saying the app is no longer supported and quits. Oddly, I did download the app a week before I got my GC3 and it didn't give me this error when I first downloaded it.

If anyone has been able to make this work I'd be curious to hear how they did it.

I had it working yesterday on my BLP but it was unstable.

As i wrote earlier, it did not start working until i installed the "FSX Subscription" program on my PC.

After that was set up the Ipad app was able to find my BLP on the local network and connected.

But it was very unreliable at reading shots.

The PC program however is fantastic and worked immediately.

2 minutes ago, Magnets said:

I had it working yesterday on my BLP but it was unstable.

As i wrote earlier, it did not start working until i installed the "FSX Subscription" program on my PC.

After that was set up the Ipad app was able to find my BLP on the local network and connected.

But it was very unreliable at reading shots.

The PC program however is fantastic and worked immediately.

Thats concerning given how robust the Trackman (and even Skytrak) mobile apps are.

11 minutes ago, Jpan08 said:

Feeling a little half baked and pushed for an early release before it was all polished

Maybe they were worried Full Swing Kit might be released before 2023, and they wanted to capture that market. 

The good thing is software upgrades solve a lot of problems, and the core functionality, sim tech, and camera tech is great.

So all of us who had to have it right away, we get to deal with the pains I guess.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Seth910 said:

It just will not let me connect a device initially via an iPad or iPhone FSX app.

Has anyone here connected this or GC3 in that manner, or everyone connecting to PC first and then mobile devices?

Thank you again.

1 hour ago, Birkeley31 said:

I do not have a gaming PC yet so am only using the device by itself of with FSXPro on my ipad.  It was a bit of a pain but mine does connect and show shot tracers, and all the data, etc.  To get it to connect, I had turn wifi on on the device, but do not connect to your local network.  On the ipad, go to wifi in settings, a "network" for your GC3/LP should be shown.  Connect to this on the ipad - the password to this network is: FSSPORTS

When you open FSXPro, your info should populate, and you can "Start session"  In the top right corner of the screen, there should be an icon showing a thumbnail pic of your GC3 and that it is connected.

Seems simple, but I have had my fair share of issues.  Sometimes FSXpro connects to the GC3 and everything works fine.  Sometimes I open it and it says not connected.  I search for devices, and either nothing comes up, I repeatedly refresh, and nothing comes up again; or it shows a device as a GC2 with my serial number, and wont connect.  The software connection is inconsistent and frustrating.  FS needs to address this.

A separate issue I am having is sometimes club data doesn't read with driver.  Not sure what the issue is as most of the shots do read, but some don't.  I was wondering if maybe it was the sticker placement.  FS says to put the sticker top middle of the face, where LP says to put it on the top toe.  Odd that these are not consistent.  Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by thigos

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

I would agree that it's surprising how little we've heard from them. Their knowledge base is non-existent, and had it not been for this forum, I'd have had nowhere to go for answers/insight. 

It's always easy on paper when you make an agreement licensing Foresight software), but the mechanism for facilitating it smoothly, is often the challenge for everyone. 

I'm sure it will all work out, as Foresight wouldn't put it's name on something that would not be supported. 

7 minutes ago, Seth910 said:

I would agree that it's surprising how little we've heard from them. Their knowledge base is non-existent, and had it not been for this forum, I'd have had nowhere to go for answers/insight. 

It's always easy on paper when you make an agreement licensing Foresight software), but the mechanism for facilitating it smoothly, is often the challenge for everyone. 

I'm sure it will all work out, as Foresight wouldn't put it's name on something that would not be supported. 

Bushnell support knows less than we do about the product. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birkeley31 said:

You're wrong.

As I mentioned a few days ago, there is an IPAD version of FSX Pro (which I also stated in my reply you quoted is better than FSX Mobile).

https://www.foresightsports.com/fsx-pro-ipad-user-manual

Edited by gibbiesmalls

1 hour ago, Kyleraugh said:

This launch has been laughable. Bushnell is in over its head. I’m about to get a SkyTrak instead. Not a peep since their underwhelming initial launch. At least communicate with your target audience.

As someone who has one of the first units, it’s gone great. You really only ever see the complaints and not the praise so here it is. Mine has been working great. The foresight team worked through the weekend to help me get my software set up. There has been some challenges but they are definitely doing the best they can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CStephenson17 said:

As someone who has one of the first units, it’s gone great. You really only ever see the complaints and not the praise so here it is. Mine has been working great. The foresight team worked through the weekend to help me get my software set up. There has been some challenges but they are definitely doing the best they can.

agree, if you actually follow the instructions for setup it is a smooth process.

and the other thing to mention, I went from registration to getting data from a strike in no time.

the unit just works. the screen immediately gives you feedback on the position of your ball and once it is in the target zone you are good to swing away.

the PC software is also rock solid. I hit hundreds of balls yesterday and it registered every single one.

the Ipad connection is the only negative for me so far.

10 minutes ago, CStephenson17 said:

I’d agree the Foresight side of things are as good as they can be. The Bushnell side of things are what’s bad. No communication, company isn’t even communicating to reps. Have seen lots of problems with the Sub models not performing as expected. No product to sell. It’s as if they didn’t build any inventory before they released it. 

Windows 10 blows… I wasted 2 days of my life trying to set up a Dell gaming Pc. Half that time was just trial and error deleting all the Macafee and other s*** they are paid to put on those computers. Insane how it’s just the same amount of pain in the a** as it was in 1995 to set it up. FSX has been ok, few crashes but I think it’s mostly windows problems.

I briefly tried the iPhone app but didn’t know the wifi password (posted above). I guess I’ll give this another shot since I’ll need it for the driving range. 

iphone works perfect for a webcam and integrates into FSX for the swing camera. I used iVcam to do this. 

I have contacted Foresight to see if I can get Pebble added for the $200 premium courses price on the Bushnell site. They agreed to sell it to me for that price over the phone and said they’d email me some paperwork to sign (last Friday) and I haven’t heard back from them since. 

• Thanks 1

I've been reading this thread since the beginning - esp. the post-launch comments from those "lucky" enough to have purchased a BLP/GC3.  I'm very interested in buying a BLP with subx, but given my use case - 0% indoor with PC and 100% outdoor/range with iPad - I'm really wondering if it would be the right move.  The past several pages of feedback indicate that it'll work OK with PC but with iPad it is a dodgy proposition.  Any feedback?

6 minutes ago, The Green Jacket said:

Just an FYI in case anyone cares, the Full Swing Kit just went on sale for the pre order people

Subscription based also.  Future pricing for an "all in" deal but no pricing on that.  They are targeting Q1 2022 for indoor use.  They were also targeting a time much earlier than this to launch.  For an unproven LM that has so badly missed the time frame they were initially proclaiming, I would have a hard time buying in.  Especially since it isn't even usable indoors yet.  And, who knows how long that is away.  Their release feels even more rushed than the Launch Pro.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

17 minutes ago, Brimster said:

I've been reading this thread since the beginning - esp. the post-launch comments from those "lucky" enough to have purchased a BLP/GC3.  I'm very interested in buying a BLP with subx, but given my use case - 0% indoor with PC and 100% outdoor/range with iPad - I'm really wondering if it would be the right move.  The past several pages of feedback indicate that it'll work OK with PC but with iPad it is a dodgy proposition.  Any feedback?

I’m not convinced I’d actually use the iPad app. The on screen display plus actually seeing the ball is how I plan to use it on the range 99% of the time. I also think the iPad app will be tweaked and most of these issues solved soon. Foresight has already said they are updating it as soon as today potentially.  There’s a little bit of user error going on as well. You have to somehow have the GC3 create a wifi network and connect to that and they don’t tell you anywhere what the password is (FSSPORTS)

Been going through the same issues(connecting Ipad if not on a WiFi). I will mostly use mine on the range. 

Have your Ipad connect to the GC3 wfi signal emitted from your LP. Open up FSX Pro. Connect device(hit refresh to locate your LP). Seems to be working now this way for me.

Also directly from Bushnell support....Using a USB cable from the LP to an iPad is not support in FSX Pro at this time. Only on a PC.” 

• Like 1

Lots of people complaining about lack of info maybe should try reading the user manuals?  
Pretty comprehensive info for every piece of hardware and software they have is found at the support link at the bottom of their homepage.

please send my GC3 this week foresight I promise I will read and follow directions before calling support…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

Lots of people complaining about lack of info maybe should try reading the user manuals?  
Pretty comprehensive info for every piece of hardware and software they have is found at the support link at the bottom of their homepage.

please send my GC3 this week foresight I promise I will read and follow directions before calling support…

Haha I got my software email on Saturday so I'm hoping that means I'll have my GC3 sometime this week.

Edited by DinoSpumoni228