2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Btw Costco has these two:

https://www.costco.com/fiberbuilt-golf-practice-station.product.100461497.html

https://www.costco.com/country-club-elite-golf-mats.product.100034931.html

i wish they carry more fiverbuilt mats.

This is the one for the LM:

https://rainorshinegolf.com/products/fiberbuilt-launch-monitor-studio-golf-mat-4-x-7-single-sided

And this is the hourglass. this one is only available from fiberbuilt website. And of course they raised the price just AGAIN

https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/products/hourglass-pro-studio-mat-kit-single-hitting?variant=39250831802450&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkaDxwsXx8wIVRLGGCh1DtQ0WEAQYASABEgJ27vD_BwE

Edited by RH2020

8 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

I have been researching mats nonstop for the last week. It seems like it's really between Country Club Elite and fiber built. Fiber built gives you a little less penalty for fat shots as the ball sits up higher but Country Club Elite seems to be the closest to real life feel from the fairway. The problem with Country Club Elite which everyone points out though is that it is very very harsh on your joints if you hit fat. It grabs the club drastically on steep swings and can lead to some minor injuries for people using it a lot. It seems to be more preferable to people with a shallow swing versus people with a steep swing.  For me I'm still leaning going towards it since my goal is improvement and the biggest issue with my swing is being steep so this may force me to fix that. I have been looking at the rain or shine swing turf mat which is supposed to be between the two but haven't found alot of reviews outside their site. The reviews in their site are great. 

I have the county club elite and like it a lot. I got it over the summer, use it several times a week and it still looks brand new. However, I am a sweeper and only ever take shallow divots on the course.  Also, I use it in my back yard and don't have it permanently set up, so I set it down on the grass and not concrete, which I'm sure helps a lot with any joint issues.

One thing you might be able to do is purchase one of their smaller mats (it might be 24 x 30 inches or something) to hit off of and a larger mat to stand on.  That way if you're club does dig into the mat, the whole mat can slide a little since you're not standing on it, thus reducing the strain on your joints.

12 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

I have been researching mats nonstop for the last week. It seems like it's really between Country Club Elite and fiber built. Fiber built gives you a little less penalty for fat shots as the ball sits up higher but Country Club Elite seems to be the closest to real life feel from the fairway. The problem with Country Club Elite which everyone points out though is that it is very very harsh on your joints if you hit fat. It grabs the club drastically on steep swings and can lead to some minor injuries for people using it a lot. It seems to be more preferable to people with a shallow swing versus people with a steep swing.  For me I'm still leaning going towards it since my goal is improvement and the biggest issue with my swing is being steep so this may force me to fix that. I have been looking at the rain or shine swing turf mat which is supposed to be between the two but haven't found alot of reviews outside their site. The reviews in their site are great. 

I dont remember the name of it but i remember someone in here talking about a mat that has gel under the hitting surface to try to simulate real life, im guessing that would be better on your joints.  I think it is called True Strike

23 minutes ago, The Green Jacket said:

I dont remember the name of it but i remember someone in here talking about a mat that has gel under the hitting surface to try to simulate real life, im guessing that would be better on your joints.  I think it is called True Strike

This is the hitting strip I went with. My plan is to use 1” gym flooring and cut out an area to lay this down. It is what you describes and simulates real divots and is easy on the joints. I purposely hit down on it as hard as I can and don’t get jarred by the concrete under it. Ron at Gung-ho Golf @GungHoGolfdesigned this one. It’s available on his website for $150

https://store.gunghogolf.com/Holy-Grail-Hitting-Strip-12x30-p360373867

3460EF74-C18D-44FE-B50E-115FC1E51A4D.jpeg.e8a5c38de1a8b94f07a7d1efba53d16a.jpegF896CD09-A57B-43FA-B0FC-83E41CBDA092.jpeg.429cf582ddd36d036d27e8fc5c877a12.jpeg

Edited by Luke.Sutton

17 minutes ago, Luke.Sutton said:

This is the hitting strip I went with. My plan is to use 1” gym flooring and cut out an area to lay this down. It is what you describes and simulates real divots and is easy on the joints. I purposely hit down on it as hard as I can and don’t get jarred by the concrete under it. Ron at Gung-ho Golf @GungHoGolfdesigned this one. It’s available on his website for $150

https://store.gunghogolf.com/Holy-Grail-Hitting-Strip-12x30-p360373867

3460EF74-C18D-44FE-B50E-115FC1E51A4D.jpeg.e8a5c38de1a8b94f07a7d1efba53d16a.jpegF896CD09-A57B-43FA-B0FC-83E41CBDA092.jpeg.429cf582ddd36d036d27e8fc5c877a12.jpeg

Very cool and way cheaper than the one I mentioned.  I looked it up and its about 500 for just the hitting strip

Edited by The Green Jacket
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

You may want to look into the monster mat as well! Have heard great things about that. I have the country club in my Sim. I love it, but I also only hit between 2-4 degrees down on the ball. It would definitely be tough on you if you’re a steep player.

13 hours ago, CBMC said:

How much face angle can be inferred from spin numbers, launch direction and face path?

A lot, in fact all radar based launch monitors use calculation to provide face angle and dynamic loft data. 
This is a great article on calculating ball launch condition based on club data. What you are asking is the inverse of the equations in the article. Basically trackman & co just do this, they have ball data and they use it to calculate club data. If you are thinking about deriving face angle and dynamic loft from the data gc3 provides that can absolutely be done. There are a couple of things to be aware: on drivers there is both bulge and roll on the club face, so off center hits will show a wrong  face angle data. For example: if you hit a drive with 0º club path and 0º face to path, but strike it on the toe, launch direction will be left. If you calculate face angle from the launch conditions resulting that shot, you will get a open face angle .  This is also a problem with trackman systems (now mitigated with impact location tracking). 
Of course actually measuring club face data would be better, because different golf balls behave differently  during impact, and that would throw off the calculations

Callaway RFE 8.5° Matrix Black Tie 7M3
Callaway RFE 15° Matrix Black Tie 7M3
Callaway Razr X Muscleback 2-PW Project X 6.0
Callaway Mack Daddy 52° 58° Wedges
Odissey Protype Black #2

1 hour ago, Kyleraugh said:

You may want to look into the monster mat as well! Have heard great things about that. I have the country club in my Sim. I love it, but I also only hit between 2-4 degrees down on the ball. It would definitely be tough on you if you’re a steep player.

DO you have anything under your CC mats to keep it from moving around? I notice mine on concrete will move around after a while

18 minutes ago, Jpan08 said:

DO you have anything under your CC mats to keep it from moving around? I notice mine on concrete will move around after a while

I bought a dura play mat from Home Depot and have the same issue when I really go after one.  I’m going to grab some double sided carpet tape when I figure out the final sim location.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Callaswag said:

A lot, in fact all radar based launch monitors use calculation to provide face angle and dynamic loft data. 
This is a great article on calculating ball launch condition based on club data. What you are asking is the inverse of the equations in the article. Basically trackman & co just do this, they have ball data and they use it to calculate club data. If you are thinking about deriving face angle and dynamic loft from the data gc3 provides that can absolutely be done. There are a couple of things to be aware: on drivers there is both bulge and roll on the club face, so off center hits will show a wrong  face angle data. For example: if you hit a drive with 0º club path and 0º face to path, but strike it on the toe, launch direction will be left. If you calculate face angle from the launch conditions resulting that shot, you will get a open face angle .  This is also a problem with trackman systems (now mitigated with impact location tracking). 
Of course actually measuring club face data would be better, because different golf balls behave differently  during impact, and that would throw off the calculations

Woah that’s a lot of math.  I would say horizontal launch angle is probably 90%+ consistent with face angle especially on well struck shots.

edit: looks like 75% for irons and 80% for driver according to Trackman.  

Edited by kwettig

36 minutes ago, Callaswag said:

This is accurate for older version of trackman, as well as monitors like Mevo+ or R10, but Trackman 4 actually uses a secondary higher frequency radar unit along with the camera to actually measure many club parameters.

30 minutes ago, whumber said:

This is accurate for older version of trackman, as well as monitors like Mevo+ or R10, but Trackman 4 actually uses a secondary higher frequency radar unit along with the camera to actually measure many club parameters.

Yes it uses a higher frequency, ‘short throw’ radar to measure club path, aoa, other swing parameters and first part of ball flight (improved accuracy on chipping and putting) BUT it cannot measure face angle and dynamic loft. this is what the discussion is about. 

Edited by Callaswag

Callaway RFE 8.5° Matrix Black Tie 7M3
Callaway RFE 15° Matrix Black Tie 7M3
Callaway Razr X Muscleback 2-PW Project X 6.0
Callaway Mack Daddy 52° 58° Wedges
Odissey Protype Black #2

5 hours ago, Callaswag said:

Yes it uses a higher frequency, ‘short throw’ radar to measure club path, aoa, other swing parameters and first part of ball flight (improved accuracy on chipping and putting) BUT it cannot measure face angle and dynamic loft. this is what the discussion is about. 

Ok, I thought you were trying to say that Trackman only knows about ball data and all club data is calculated.

I saw a video were a guy was getting face angle and loft with his putter on his GC3 with three stickers on the face.  I tried it as well and sure enough now I get addition club data.  

I have to have the ball placed in a certain window but the face angle and loft look impressively accurate most of the time.  I also tried it with my driver and I’m able to get face angle and loft but not nearly as consistently.

Has anyone else tried this?

53 minutes ago, amj6135 said:

I saw a video were a guy was getting face angle and loft with his putter on his GC3 with three stickers on the face.  I tried it as well and sure enough now I get addition club data.  

I have to have the ball placed in a certain window but the face angle and loft look impressively accurate most of the time.  I also tried it with my driver and I’m able to get face angle and loft but not nearly as consistently.

Wow, so they do calculate them but do not even include them in the specs? Where do you see those extra info?

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

Please link video. 

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

Shhh…they’ll lock this up in the next firmware update.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Magnets said:

Just got back from the range with my BLP. First time hitting outdoors with it after using it solely indoors for a week.

My god is it accurate!

I got used to hitting a shot indoors and guessing the numbers. It translated exactly the same outside.

I was not really doubting it’s accuracy but the validation feels great 🤓

Side note, my favorite metric has become side spin. That number seems to be the separation between a good and bad shot for me at the moment.

Just curious...

Does your range use premium golf balls, or do you hit range balls indoors? lol

• Haha 1