Jump to content

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight


prusd

Recommended Posts

Got my GC3 today.  Still don’t have an FSX code.  They are working on it I guess.  Just hitting with the unit.  Having a hard time believing the club path numbers.  Stock shot is a cut but it seemed much more out to in than I’ve measured previously.  Tried hitting big slinging draws where I hit it to the very right side of my net return and it’s registering out to in and or near zero path with a slight pull.  Feel like when the device is zeroed out with the alignment stick the unit is pointed in at the ball(toed in).  Strange.  I’ll play with it some more tomorrow.  Probably screwing up something with the setup.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J6golf said:

Was told by my rep that course licenses are lifetime purchases and when they upgrade software the courses transfer

Great to hear! Thank you for the input.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, kwettig said:

Got my GC3 today.  Still don’t have an FSX code.  They are working on it I guess.  Just hitting with the unit.  Having a hard time believing the club path numbers.  Stock shot is a cut but it seemed much more out to in than I’ve measured previously.  Tried hitting big slinging draws where I hit it to the very right side of my net return and it’s registering out to in and or near zero path with a slight pull.  Feel like when the device is zeroed out with the alignment stick the unit is pointed in at the ball(toed in).  Strange.  I’ll play with it some more tomorrow.  Probably screwing up something with the setup.  

curious to know if you find out something was incorrect in the setup/data.

 

have you been able to verify by taking it outdoors to a range?

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kwettig said:

Got my GC3 today.  Still don’t have an FSX code.  They are working on it I guess.  Just hitting with the unit.  Having a hard time believing the club path numbers.  Stock shot is a cut but it seemed much more out to in than I’ve measured previously.  Tried hitting big slinging draws where I hit it to the very right side of my net return and it’s registering out to in and or near zero path with a slight pull.  Feel like when the device is zeroed out with the alignment stick the unit is pointed in at the ball(toed in).  Strange.  I’ll play with it some more tomorrow.  Probably screwing up something with the setup.  

This is a feel vs real thing. I play a draw and have to feel like I’m hitting a super cut to get the path to flush or out to in. I get the same reads in my instructor’s quad, and I have friends who, like you, have trouble getting in-to-out readings.  
 

The reality is your path is likely a lot more out-in biased than you realize, and when you try to hit a slinging draw, you’re not moving the path much (again, same thing happens to me, just reversed). 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ruxpin23 said:

curious to know if you find out something was incorrect in the setup/data.

 

have you been able to verify by taking it outdoors to a range?

Just set it down today at what appeared to be in line with my target line instead of using the stick to align it and it seemed much better.  I think it was a combo of aligning the GC3 and my awful feeling swing last night.  I still don’t have my FSX code so I can’t see simulated flight and cold front just came through so range/course isn’t an option.  Seemed much better today though.  Probably just a wake up call on how much my swing is away from neutral.  Irons are much straighter on the course and with GC3…driver not so much.  Looking forward to improving over the winter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone experienced issues with ball data being pretty off?

 

i got my unit Wednesday and every shot is about 1-2 clubs off. After comparing to an old range session spreadsheet with a uneekor, I confirmed all club data is accurate, but the ball speed is off. 
 

for example a p wedge on the course is 140. On the uneekor I had 82mph average swing speed and 100 ish mph ball speed and 140 distance. On the gc3 it had 82 swing speed, 94 ball speed and 128 carry. 
 

anyone else experience this or have ideas? I’ll take it to the range to test once I get a chance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Got my code yesterday. How quickly do they ship once you get the code in an email? Did anyone ever get shipping notifications?

Shipped mine Thursday last week and I got it Wednesday.  Never got a code…still don’t have a code in fact. I wrote kind of a bitchy email Tuesday and got a tracking number.  Would’ve found out a couple hours later through ups my choice.  I understand they are busy but holy f…rustrating.  Waiting 37 days after paying for a $4000 device only to wait at least a couple more to get the $4500 in software you purchased is ridiculous and beyond getting on my nerves.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Got my code yesterday. How quickly do they ship once you get the code in an email? Did anyone ever get shipping notifications?

Got the code and shipping notification the same day, and it is due to be delivered tomorrow. UPS is regularly updating tracking and it looks like it will arrive on schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Shipped mine Thursday last week and I got it Wednesday.  Never got a code…still don’t have a code in fact. I wrote kind of a bitchy email Tuesday and got a tracking number.  Would’ve found out a couple hours later through ups my choice.  I understand they are busy but holy f…rustrating.  Waiting 37 days after paying for a $4000 device only to wait at least a couple more to get the $4500 in software you purchased is ridiculous and beyond getting on my nerves.

Not sending the key is pretty ridiculous, it's not they're going to run out of keys for their own software.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Got my code yesterday. How quickly do they ship once you get the code in an email? Did anyone ever get shipping notifications?

Mine shipped the next day. 

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had the first Thursday night sim game tonight. Everything went pretty smoothly. Other guys all were pretty jacked on the accuracy of it. The one thing I will say is if you’re placing the unit on a different surface than the hitting mat you’re on, make sure the matt isn’t moving when you swing. We noticed anytime the matt moved during the swing, the unit wouldn’t read the shot. It makes sense logistically, but easy to miss if you’re not looking for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, herdtlocker said:

Had the first Thursday night sim game tonight. Everything went pretty smoothly. Other guys all were pretty jacked on the accuracy of it. The one thing I will say is if you’re placing the unit on a different surface than the hitting mat you’re on, make sure the matt isn’t moving when you swing. We noticed anytime the matt moved during the swing, the unit wouldn’t read the shot. It makes sense logistically, but easy to miss if you’re not looking for it. 

Same experience. Man I wish I could play a course. Might have to raise some hell tomorrow so I’m not sim free over the weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, herdtlocker said:

Had the first Thursday night sim game tonight. Everything went pretty smoothly. Other guys all were pretty jacked on the accuracy of it. The one thing I will say is if you’re placing the unit on a different surface than the hitting mat you’re on, make sure the matt isn’t moving when you swing. We noticed anytime the matt moved during the swing, the unit wouldn’t read the shot. It makes sense logistically, but easy to miss if you’re not looking for it. 

Can you clarify whether this is the mat moving before impact based on golfers weight shift (guessing the GC3 "loses" the ball) or whether movement of the mat after impact is effecting the unit's ability to read the shot?  In other words, does the GC3 have an issue with non-fixed hitting strips that move post-impact?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dbennett1131 said:

Can you clarify whether this is the mat moving before impact based on golfers weight shift (guessing the GC3 "loses" the ball) or whether movement of the mat after impact is effecting the unit's ability to read the shot?  In other words, does the GC3 have an issue with non-fixed hitting strips that move post-impact?

100% of the cases were the mat moving in the weight shift/transition of the swing. I think the small movement of the ball within the hitting area tells the GC3 to recalibrate the starting position. We started to notice it after awhile and could even tell based on the mat moving if the shot was going to read or not, before they even hit the  ball. It makes sense to me, the unit is rightfully sensitive to ball movement. Just need to a bit of adjustment on the turf setup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dbennett1131 said:

Can you clarify whether this is the mat moving before impact based on golfers weight shift (guessing the GC3 "loses" the ball) or whether movement of the mat after impact is effecting the unit's ability to read the shot?  In other words, does the GC3 have an issue with non-fixed hitting strips that move post-impact?

If the hitting mat and whatever the GC3 is on is stable you won’t have an issue.  The problems happen when either the ball moves slightly or the unit.  If it’s just on a hitting strip I assume you won’t have an issue because the ball will be hit before the mat moves.

 

I also had some really goofy spin numbers using a cheap white rubber tee sitting on top of my mat(rather than through the tee holes) so if anyone has any tips on tees they use that work well I’d gladly take them.  Looking at tee claws so I don’t have to chase them all over the room anyone use those?6D03D99C-AB0E-482F-8AF1-2560FBF2B94E.jpeg.3bab2f80becda42f3cb3ab5a90b5b95a.jpeg4FABE85E-5D8E-4D82-8BCF-73B59045B4F0.jpeg.2b07103ba219405e49f4f2186b487d66.jpeg

Edited by kwettig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, mrshinsa said:

Any thoughts on a screen protector?  I have one on my pixel 3, and I think all phones should have one, let alone a 7k device.  

I left the original screen cover on there. lol

  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kwettig said:

If the hitting mat and whatever the GC3 is on is stable you won’t have an issue.  The problems happen when either the ball moves slightly or the unit.  If it’s just on a hitting strip I assume you won’t have an issue because the ball will be hit before the mat moves.

 

I also had some really goofy spin numbers using a cheap white rubber tee sitting on top of my mat(rather than through the tee holes) so if anyone has any tips on tees they use that work well I’d gladly take them.  Looking at tee claws so I don’t have to chase them all over the room anyone use those?6D03D99C-AB0E-482F-8AF1-2560FBF2B94E.jpeg.3bab2f80becda42f3cb3ab5a90b5b95a.jpeg4FABE85E-5D8E-4D82-8BCF-73B59045B4F0.jpeg.2b07103ba219405e49f4f2186b487d66.jpeg

Very nice swing speed.... 🙂  Terrible spin # though, haha

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, kwettig said:

If the hitting mat and whatever the GC3 is on is stable you won’t have an issue.  The problems happen when either the ball moves slightly or the unit.  If it’s just on a hitting strip I assume you won’t have an issue because the ball will be hit before the mat moves.

 

I also had some really goofy spin numbers using a cheap white rubber tee sitting on top of my mat(rather than through the tee holes) so if anyone has any tips on tees they use that work well I’d gladly take them.  Looking at tee claws so I don’t have to chase them all over the room anyone use those?6D03D99C-AB0E-482F-8AF1-2560FBF2B94E.jpeg.3bab2f80becda42f3cb3ab5a90b5b95a.jpeg4FABE85E-5D8E-4D82-8BCF-73B59045B4F0.jpeg.2b07103ba219405e49f4f2186b487d66.jpeg

Birtees are great, but like you've discovered you can't use white tees outside of the normal wooden ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, atseng said:

Very nice swing speed.... 🙂  Terrible spin # though, haha

Ya I finally was able to get the swing speed up last night, hit 126ss and 180 ball.  Was a little apprehensive because I’m pushing the limit on ceiling height and I hit it a couple times Wednesday night.  I switched to a regular wood tee I stuck in the mat and spin numbers were normal.

 

1 minute ago, whumber said:

Birtees are great, but like you've discovered you can't use white tees outside of the normal wooden ones. 

Thanks I’ll check them out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a random observation after having used this thing for a few weeks now: I find the side spin number, combined with the club path read to be fascinating and one of my favorite things to pay attention to (assuming you understand face-to-path relationship with spin). 
 

For example, I discovered that when I’ve tried to hit cuts all my life, I’ve really just been hitting inside out push cuts, not true outside in pull cuts, even when it doesn’t feel this way. And on my chip shots, the ball is usually spinning right (which I’ve always known), but I thought it was because I cut across it - nope. Again, inside out path, with an open face - push cut spin. It’s very illuminating. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

anyone order from the second pre-order of the bushnell start getting their shipments yet? My brother was able to grab one, I know they said before or on Nov 27th, just curious if they have started getting those out. He ordered just the unit, not the bundle. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei White Raw 65X

Titleist TSi2 15* Tensei White Raw 75X

Titleist 2021 T100s 5-PW AMT White X100

Vokey SM8  52F / 58M Tour Issue X100

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

anyone order from the second pre-order of the bushnell start getting their shipments yet? My brother was able to grab one, I know they said before or on Nov 27th, just curious if they have started getting those out. He ordered just the unit, not the bundle. 

It sounds like only those ordering the bundles have gotten units but those seem to have actually been reserves from the first shipment. Supposedly Bushnell is expecting the next shipment to arrive on the 15th with units shipping out around the 20th.

Edited by whumber
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

anyone order from the second pre-order of the bushnell start getting their shipments yet? My brother was able to grab one, I know they said before or on Nov 27th, just curious if they have started getting those out. He ordered just the unit, not the bundle. 

I was told I’d receive mine the 19th, 20th or 22nd 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

I was told I’d receive mine the 19th, 20th or 22nd 

 

Did you reach out directly to Bushnell to get an idea of when you'd receive it or did you order through a rep?

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei White Raw 65X

Titleist TSi2 15* Tensei White Raw 75X

Titleist 2021 T100s 5-PW AMT White X100

Vokey SM8  52F / 58M Tour Issue X100

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   8 members

  • Our picks

    • 2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      General Albums - 
       
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #4
       
       
      WITB Albums - 
       
      Hideki Matsuyama - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sung Kang - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Adam Long - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Brandon Wu - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Xander Schauffele - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Daniel Berger - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      James Hahn - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Phil Mickelson - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Cameron Champ - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Kyle Stanley - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums - 
       
      New Super Stroke grip - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Tour Aim alignment aids - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Swag Golf: Hideki's caddie bowing at Augusta, signed headcovers – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Dylan Frittelli's Callaway Apex TCB Sand Wedge (1-of-1 proto) – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Bryson DeChambeau's Cobra King LTDx 5-degree driver – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      NeuroPeak Pro NTel Belt - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      JumboMax JMX Zen Lite grips – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
      Cameron Champ WITB has the new Ping i525

       
      Bryson's WITB has the new Cobra LTDx Driver 

       
      Phils new Rogue Driver

       
      Bryson's LAGolf Shaft in the driver

       
      Xander has the triple diamond "S" driver

       
      New SuperStroke grips for 2022

       
      • 7 replies
    • 2022 The American Express WITB Photos (Spotted: New gear for 2022) - Discussion & Links
      Please put and comments or questions here
       
       
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2022 American Express
      New Taylor-Made putters - 2022 American Express
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 American Express
      New Axis 1 model putter - - 2022 American Express
      Patrick Cantlay - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Mitsubishi MMT putter shaft - 2022 American Express
      Ping putter - 2022 American Express
      Abraham Ancer - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Jason Dufner - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2022 American Express
      The Surgeon 6109 wedge - 2022 American Express
      LA Golf "DJ Series" shafts (2022 American Express)
       
       
       
      2022 American Express - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      • 40 replies
    • Sony Open Pics from January 11, 2022 Part 1
      I was able to get out to the Sony Open today to take a few pics.  I guess due to Covid precautions they kept the spectators pretty far from the players.  Also due to camera restrictions they've put in place, I wasn't able to bring the big lens like I normally do. Hopefully they'll ease up on the ropes and I'll be able to get more pics tomorrow!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • 2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max driver
       

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver
       
      2021 Callaway Rogue ST Max 
       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS

       
      Rogue ST exploded views
        • Like
      • 206 replies
    • Titleist Vokey SM9 Link on Wedge Works Coming Soon- UPDATED Pics Added Pg 4
      Looks like there is a link on Titleist Wedge Works for the new Vokey SM9, but doesn't show any photos yet.
       
      https://www.vokey.com/product/WM137.html#start=4
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 237 replies

×
×
  • Create New...