Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

19 hours ago, Rbauet said:

Has anyone experienced issues with ball data being pretty off?

i got my unit Wednesday and every shot is about 1-2 clubs off. After comparing to an old range session spreadsheet with a uneekor, I confirmed all club data is accurate, but the ball speed is off. 

for example a p wedge on the course is 140. On the uneekor I had 82mph average swing speed and 100 ish mph ball speed and 140 distance. On the gc3 it had 82 swing speed, 94 ball speed and 128 carry. 

anyone else experience this or have ideas? I’ll take it to the range to test once I get a chance. 

I would say the GC3 is accurate.;  where you in the same hitting area?  indoor swing syndrome is real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indygolf21 said:

Just a random observation after having used this thing for a few weeks now: I find the side spin number, combined with the club path read to be fascinating and one of my favorite things to pay attention to (assuming you understand face-to-path relationship with spin). 

For example, I discovered that when I’ve tried to hit cuts all my life, I’ve really just been hitting inside out push cuts, not true outside in pull cuts, even when it doesn’t feel this way. And on my chip shots, the ball is usually spinning right (which I’ve always known), but I thought it was because I cut across it - nope. Again, inside out path, with an open face - push cut spin. It’s very illuminating. 

Lucky! I hit both kinds of cuts…pull and push!  Lol and snap hooks…  Pretty illuminating.  I’ve found that my angle of attack is pretty steep on irons 6-9 degrees down.  Changed my spine tilt at setup and getting around 4-5 down and consistently hitting good path and launch direction numbers with much better contact.  Hopefully get my software email today so I can start tracking the changes.  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, soupy01833 said:

I would say the GC3 is accurate.;  where you in the same hitting area?  indoor swing syndrome is real

I agree!  I had what seemed very short carry numbers for me first day or so.  Changed a few things and now it’s seems pretty close.  Does anyone know if the GC3 is reading altitude in standalone mode?  I don’t have the software yet so I’m curious to know if it’s giving me sea level or local altitude?

edit: I see it’s reading 1198ft elevation in diagnostic settings. 

Edited by kwettig

Wondering if anyone has successfully run FSX Subscription (BLP) with a projector at 4:3 ratio. I can't seem to get FSX to recognize the 2nd monitor in order to select the proper aspect ratio and play at full screen mode. The only workaround is playing at my PC ratio in window mode. 

Also having some intermittent connection issues between my BLP and PC, but that could be due to my wifi limitations. I'm going to try the USB-C connection instead. 

Edited by Topher925

23 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

Wondering if anyone has successfully run FSX Subscription (BLP) with a projector at 4:3 ratio. I can't seem to get FSX to recognize the 2nd monitor in order to select the proper aspect ratio and play at full screen mode. The only workaround is playing at my PC ratio in window mode. 

Also having some intermittent connection issues between my BLP and PC, but that could be due to my wifi limitations. I'm going to try the USB-C connection instead. 

Have you tried swapping which display is assigned to be the primary?

Edited by whumber

47 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

I really hope running a 4:3 isn't an issue.  They will have some unhappy customers if it is.

9 hours ago, Benoit61 said:

Yes but I’m in Canada and only 13 units came during the first shipping … I’m up next should be in a week or two

When did you order yours? I'm also form Canada. I ordered mine last Oct. 7. My rep initially told me Oct. Then later that month, he said that it will be November. He also said that there is no definite date.

2 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Finally got my FSX license.  I ran a test on my 4K tv and was getting 35 fps on the nvidia 3060 card on full graphics.  That was just sitting waiting for a shot.  Fly overs and shot chase ran at 60fps.  I’ll test on a 720p tv I have later.  

Thanks for posting this.  I was wondering what a 3060 would do.  I've got a 4k projector running in 4:3 so that should be plenty.

Sorry I know someone posted this but I cannot find it. Once FSX is installed where is the FSX desktop Icon so I can register the courses like the instructions state (after download and install). The file naming conventions are not the greatest and using windows 11 here for the first time (lots of security). Tried from the exe from the program directory and it tried to install it again…

1 hour ago, J6golf said:

Sorry I know someone posted this but I cannot find it. Once FSX is installed where is the FSX desktop Icon so I can register the courses like the instructions state (after download and install). The file naming conventions are not the greatest and using windows 11 here for the first time (lots of security). Tried from the exe from the program directory and it tried to install it again…

I think when I installed it it asked if I wanted a desktop shortcut.  Not 100% though.  Did you look in file explorer - windows (c:) —> program files (x86) —> foresight sports experience —> FSX 

if you find it and want to create a shortcut you need to right click —> show more options —> create shortcut 9CAB0C25-E0C6-4531-8238-7960E3F5E168.jpeg.0d424f85b959a8489cd0ff5c0139f034.jpeg

6 hours ago, TD22057 said:

Thanks for posting this.  I was wondering what a 3060 would do.  I've got a 4k projector running in 4:3 so that should be plenty.

Hmm…ran at same frame rate on my 720p tv.  Not a gamer so I’m kinda stumped by this one.  Actually seemed to stall a couple times on this old hunk of junk tv.  Much smoother on 4K tv.  

18 hours ago, Topher925 said:

I am able to run it at 4:3 with no issues. I did have to adjust some settings on my PC to make it always use the dedicated graphics card and not the integrated graphics. 

I too have to had problems with the wifi, both connecting through my home wifi and connecting PC directly to the BLP wifi. I can get it to connect, but it is unstable and frequently loses connection with the PC. I have had much better luck using the USB connection to PC. Mildly annoying to keep the unit wired up when I have friends over cause we have move it back and forth (I'm a lefty). Still not a huge burden and doesn't distract from the experience at all IMO. Hopefully it's something they can improve over time through updates.

20 hours ago, kwettig said:

I agree!  I had what seemed very short carry numbers for me first day or so.  Changed a few things and now it’s seems pretty close.  Does anyone know if the GC3 is reading altitude in standalone mode?  I don’t have the software yet so I’m curious to know if it’s giving me sea level or local altitude?

edit: I see it’s reading 1198ft elevation in diagnostic settings. 

Foresight support confirmed there is currently a firmware bug that causes the device to show sea level based data on the unit itself, but the barometer is working and FSX software will show data based on actual elevation. I have consistently seen a little less carry distance on the unit compared to what I see in FSX.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Just a random observation after having used this thing for a few weeks now: I find the side spin number, combined with the club path read to be fascinating and one of my favorite things to pay attention to (assuming you understand face-to-path relationship with spin). 

For example, I discovered that when I’ve tried to hit cuts all my life, I’ve really just been hitting inside out push cuts, not true outside in pull cuts, even when it doesn’t feel this way. And on my chip shots, the ball is usually spinning right (which I’ve always known), but I thought it was because I cut across it - nope. Again, inside out path, with an open face - push cut spin. It’s very illuminating. 

Couldn't agree more. Fascinating and eye opening how much you learn about your swing. It has already helped me a lot in translating my swing feels to what is actually happening.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bgboh1 said:

I am able to run it at 4:3 with no issues. I did have to adjust some settings on my PC to make it always use the dedicated graphics card and not the integrated graphics. 

I too have to had problems with the wifi, both connecting through my home wifi and connecting PC directly to the BLP wifi. I can get it to connect, but it is unstable and frequently loses connection with the PC. I have had much better luck using the USB connection to PC. Mildly annoying to keep the unit wired up when I have friends over cause we have move it back and forth (I'm a lefty). Still not a huge burden and doesn't distract from the experience at all IMO. Hopefully it's something they can improve over time through updates.

If the wifi connection were working and no cords were needed, would playing with righties and lefties still be a pain at all? I've been curious how this will work when I have lefty buddies over to play.

Do you recalibrate alignment every time you move the unit? Would it be possible to just swing over the unit as a lefty instead of moving it to the other side? (As in having the unit between your feet and the ball)

49 minutes ago, kmelv41 said:

If the wifi connection were working and no cords were needed, would playing with righties and lefties still be a pain at all? I've been curious how this will work when I have lefty buddies over to play.

Do you recalibrate alignment every time you move the unit? Would it be possible to just swing over the unit as a lefty instead of moving it to the other side? (As in having the unit between your feet and the ball)

Yes you would still have the same "pain" of moving the unit back and forth even if it's on wifi. I admit I haven't tried to hit from behind the unit as you describe, but can't imagine that would work well. The annoying part I was referring to is just having a cord connected to it while you move it. Plus having to keep it wired to your PC could be an issue depending on setup. Not a problem for me, but could be for others.

Once we got used to moving it back and forth and where to place the unit, it wasn't that bad. We do not recalibrate with the alignment stick every time, although that is up to that golfer if they are feeling OCD about it. Typically just move it, eyeball alignment, change to right/left handed on touchscreen and go. Plus you can choose which golfer is up to hit in the software so we can each play the entire hole if we don't want to move it every shot. This worked out great for us.

15 minutes ago, golfer55082 said:

There will be another pre-sale event on Wed at noon next week.  Before I pull the trigger, can someone who have used it please confirm for me: IS IT ACCURATE INDOORS?  Thanks!!!

It has been spectacularly accurate for me indoors.  Everything I ever hoped it would be, data wise, truly. My complaints thus far are minor and do not relate to its accuracy (finicky connectivity to my iPad, for example - it always connects, but sometimes it takes a minute/couple tries).  

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bgboh1 said:

I played pebble last night and had a few connection problems.  First WiFi, then the usb.  WiFi seemed to drop out if you left a ball in front of the unit for too long and usb was just buggy for me, which they stated in the included instructions.  The USB would show ball found on unit but not in FSX sometimes. Couldn’t connect computer directly to unit WiFi using FSSPORTS password.  Going to try Ethernet cable next.  All that said I’ve hit 658 shots in 2 days of ownership and am quite pleased as to the quality of information I’m getting out of it but my hands hurt…lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

There will be another pre-sale event on Wed at noon next week.  Before I pull the trigger, can someone who have used it please confirm for me: IS IT ACCURATE INDOORS?  Thanks!!!

I have found it incredibly accurate.  I’m coming from a Mevo+ and it’s a night and day difference.  With the Mevo+ I couldn’t miss a fairway and hit almost every green when playing simulated golf. I could have been on tour.  With the LP everything is much more realistic, way more believable ball flight.

Edited by amj6135
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

8 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

It has been spectacularly accurate for me indoors.  Everything I ever hoped it would be, data wise, truly. My complaints thus far are minor and do not relate to its accuracy (finicky connectivity to my iPad, for example - it always connects, but sometimes it takes a minute/couple tries).  

I have also found the accuracy indoors to be incredible. I have hit on other foresight launch monitors before and this unit feels every bit as accurate to me. I do not think accuracy should be a reason to not buy this device IMHO.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bgboh1 said:

So I was finally able to get FSX Subscription to work on my projector at 4:3, I just had to toggle the resolution in Windows while running FSX. Ran beautifully from there. No clue why that would solve the screen flickering.

I also had great success with using USB vs wifi. Not a single instance of lost connection.

The only issue I've had now is trying to open FSX with my display extended to the projector. If I start FSX on my PC as primary, it opens fine. But if the projector is selected as primary display when I open FSX, I get a quick black screen and then...nothing. I'm guessing it is user error as I'm new to projectors, different aspect ratios, and dedicated graphics settings.

Edited by Topher925

On 11/12/2021 at 5:44 PM, jacardon said:

When did you order yours? I'm also form Canada. I ordered mine last Oct. 7. My rep initially told me Oct. Then later that month, he said that it will be November. He also said that there is no definite date.

I actually went to their home office in Canada because it felt weird sending a money transfer to a random account and I wanted to make sure it was the real thing lol anyways I spoke to them and they were hoping for 1 or two weeks from then so fingers crossed (I just missed the first order )

I’ve been creating random par 3 custom courses and using auto putt.  Great way to buzz through a round hitting a variety of iron shots and some chips from the inevitable misses.  I connected through WiFi because Ethernet didn’t seem to work at all for me and this time I put both the computer and the GC3 on my regular WiFi signal rather than 5G and haven’t had a single issue.  Accuracy is spot on in FSX but is a little short in standalone on the unit as it seems to be reading sea level vs 1200 ft or so I’m at.  Taped up the fingers to help the blisters and gonna play a round at st Andrew’s shortly.  ✌️ 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:08 PM, Luke.Sutton said:

I got Pebble installed on the FSX Subscription software… here’s how it went down:

Friday: called foresight, transferred to support. After a little back and forth the manager approved the Bushnell rate for the course. They said they’d email me paperwork over. 
Monday: Got an email from Foresight with a Doccusign I entered my CC info on. I was charged later that night. I was sent a link to download the course. Click on exe file and done. Then it comes up in library just says not activated
Tuesday: Got an email saying course activated. Logged on FSX, had to click activate course on this device and then it was done

One other thing to note. I had to actually have the gold subscription not the trial because price is different for Gold/Silver/GC3. $200/250/500 respectively. So I signed up early for the Gold, paid $797 after tax (maybe trial prorated??) and lost the free month trial maybe? 3AA1A181-7F0F-466A-8BBB-642775331F38.jpeg.ba2d0e0a42f2f123b03caf1f9218ed44.jpegA2E1FEFF-3856-42AD-AF22-FDB325F8F96F.jpeg.187696f19605449f754526b95e3bbf5f.jpeg5B45F4EE-BE8D-4180-B42D-81C617A67ED8.jpeg.2671fa01df68aaaa77d7fd1228a1516b.jpeg

Have you finished your putting green ??

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, golfer55082 said:

Where are you seeing that another pre-sale is happening Wednesday?  I don't see anything on websites/social media, nor did I get an e-mail (although I was subscribed for updates).