Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Just now, Seth5051 said:

Same, called earlier to verify that a signature is required. Called back to see if I could change the shipping to overnight, they cannot change it. 

Yeah, same here. I e-mailed them to see if I could modify the shipping and the only way they can do it is to cancel the order which would put me SOL.

23 minutes ago, whumber said:

Just heard from Bushnell that my LP is scheduled to arrive on 11/29.

Out of curiosity - when did you order yours?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | 1k Orange 6TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

1 minute ago, whumber said:

I had my order in within about 30s of the 2nd pre-order opening.

good to hear the 2nd pre-order is shipping out - my brother was able to snag one roughly around the same time, hopefully he will be seeing an email soon too.

**Putter Unknown**

6 minutes ago, TMP2 said:

Did they suggest an implied shipment date based on 11/29 delivery? Would that be somewhere around 11/22 or so? Trying to piece together when I might get my pre-order from 2nd batch, with overnight shipping selected. 

That was the arrival date they gave, so for overnight I suspect it would arrive that Friday (11/26), but that's just my best guess.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:04 PM, Benoit61 said:

I actually went to their home office in Canada because it felt weird sending a money transfer to a random account and I wanted to make sure it was the real thing lol anyways I spoke to them and they were hoping for 1 or two weeks from then so fingers crossed (I just missed the first order )

I am in Canada too. I ordered on Oct 15th. I hope it comes before Xmas!!! arghhh

33 minutes ago, crussogolf said:

GC3 Initial Impressions -

Got mine late last week and have gotten in a few short sessions focusing on wedges and short irons - about half the sessions I've also had my X3 running to get some comparable data.  So far, so good, basically everything functioning as expected!  Plan to continue testing against X3 indoors, and also possibly against Trackman indoors down the road.  Interested to hear other experiences, especially related to ball speed and angle of attack (see below).

The Good -

• Connectivity - Both PC and iPad have been easy and stable (wifi for both).  I've heard others have had issues, but I have yet to come across anything.
  • Fast - Readings on the device are instant.
  • Consistent - I think it's missed 1 maybe 2 impacts out of a few hundred swings.  X3 misses more often (but not often enough to be annoying if that makes sense)
  • Precise - Data variability is low on similar swings.  For context, on a set of 5 balls with the X3 I tend to look at the averages more-so than each individual swing's data because over time I've noticed variability especially in measured club data in my personal setup.
  • FSX 2020 - Easy to navigate, ball physics are solid (outside of the driver high launch/low spin scenario, which I haven't tested yet.)
  • Spin - Super consistent, both total and axis.  x3, like all radar, struggles here... although the really bad spin readings are obvious and easy to omit from comparison.
  • Short game - Really good.  Chips, pitches, partial wedges... all super solid and accurate enough to actually practice indoor and bring to your outdoor game (given ground conditions in FSX are set to mimic your local course).

Not Sure -

• Ball Speed - Seems to be 2-3 mph less than X3 on short/mid irons, and 1-2 mph less on full wedge shots (partial shots were close).  For example, a set of stock 7 irons, X3 ball speed of 124/125 vs 121/122.  Not saying the X3 is more accurate, just noting a difference.
  • Angle of Attack - GC3 reports significantly higher AOA than X3, like 7-8 down for me on 7/8/9 irons, where X3 is 2-5 down.  I'm taking this with a grain of salt as the measurement is likely a different methodology, but I will say that I'm generally a lower AOA player on the course, with smaller or almost no divot.
  • Hitting Area - Kind of small.

Bad -

• FSX 2020 - The graphics, they are...um.. lacking.  But we all know this, and the updated Play and rest of FSX is coming soon.  The standard course selection is moderate-at-best - Although living near Minneapolis it was interesting to see some MN courses like Dacotah Ridge (random but OK), Interlachen (valid), Rush Creek (somewhat random), The Quarry at GR (valid), and Indian Hills (super random).

Comparison to X3 indoor - 

• I tested in short indoor and indoor mode (I have about 13 feet of ball flight).
  • Honestly, ball speed and AOA were the only two data points where I noticed meaningful variation over the course of a few sessions.  All of the other data points were close/I didn't notice a bias either direction - even total spin.  That said, I haven't (yet) gone full spreadsheet comparison mode and have not compared driver.
  • The above bullet point is true for well struck/good golf shots.  Severe mishits (like speed training dumb dumb swings) definitely show more variation especially in the club data.
  • Ball flight was generally close - Even though ball speed varied a bit, carry distance was remarkably similar - including instances where ball flight was the only meaningful difference.  Foresight did a better job simulating snap hooks, x3 usually softens the blow on severe right/severe left shots 🙂

Thanks for this. What’s remarkable is that the X3 is 15k…

I’m going to have a chance to run my LP with a TM4 later this week. Will report back. 

9 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Anyone figure out how to get a Player saved in FSX2020? Every time I rename a player and close the application, it resets back to default “Player 1”. Even if I connect my FSX Live account too…837EF138-3884-4874-81C1-FEA22A0C6B0D.jpeg.ad566e1ce309c7cd8ec856b5babd8836.jpeg

I don’t think there is a way to stay logged in.  It would be nice to have a queue of players and also have it save your login info so you would just have to hit connect to FSX live after you add a player.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kwettig said:

I don’t think there is a way to stay logged in.  It would be nice to have a queue of players and also have it save your login info so you would just have to hit connect to FSX live after you add a player.  

Ah damn. Yeah that would be nice. I just want my profile to save and all my club data to save over time. Renaming clubs and golf balls I want to save. I don’t really care about a “sessions” worth of data but rather cumulative over the winter. 

Hopefully FSX Pro fixes this because I can see that FSX 2020 is still based on a “fitting tool” target audience where the main user is a 30min fitting at golf galaxy. 

22 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Maybe stupid question, or has been addressed at this point, but what is the purpose of the metallic alignment stick they include with the GC3? 

I love when they ship things with no instructions about them…

Changing the default alignment.  You can move the target line by up to 10° either way.  Just lay it down in the ball hitting zone.  So if you’re on the range you can change it to different flags without moving the unit.  Or indoors you can make sure your target start line is correct.  I started out by calibrating it now I just plop it down. It’s really not that difficult to get pretty straight and even if you’re off by a degree or so it just doesn’t show up with most golfers variability.

53 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

I didn’t get a shipping notification or license email yet. Hope to get that today

I haven't received anything either - hopefully see something soon

**Putter Unknown**

13 hours ago, kwettig said:

There is!

After you link the player to your FSX Live account, click on the player name again. A screen will come up with account details. There is a checkbox on that screen that you check to stay logged in. In order to enable that, you'll have to enter your password one more time and then you're set!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Maybe stupid question, or has been addressed at this point, but what is the purpose of the metallic alignment stick they include with the GC3? 

I love when they ship things with no instructions about them…

It is how you align the unit.

When you place the stick on the ground where a ball would go the unit recognizes the stick and tells you how offline the unit is to that stick.

the screen will change and read out the degree offline and a graphical representation of the stick.

You line the stick up to your target and then twist the unit until it reads as close to 0.0 as possible.

once you are happy with the alignment you can just pick up the stick and start hitting balls.

If you have not done this yet i would bet your unit is more offline than you think.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

Haven’t received any alert either. $ also has also not been taken.

Interesting.. I know my brother purchased they unit, but he used Affirm, and they "sent" the money right away I'm assuming.. I know he has already had to make a payment.. 

**Putter Unknown**

44 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Interesting.. I know my brother purchased they unit, but he used Affirm, and they "sent" the money right away I'm assuming.. I know he has already had to make a payment.. 

they pre-authorized my debit card for the purchase price but never actually pulled the money. They will pull the money when they ship the unit. So I don’t believe they actually shipped the unit because they have yet to pull the $.