2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

3 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

they pre-authorized my debit card for the purchase price but never actually pulled the money. They will pull the money when they ship the unit. So I don’t believe they actually shipped the unit because they have yet to pull the $.

Yeah, I had a pending charge for the full amount on my card for a week or two right after the pre-order was placed which then disappeared.

4 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

they pre-authorized my debit card for the purchase price but never actually pulled the money. They will pull the money when they ship the unit. So I don’t believe they actually shipped the unit because they have yet to pull the $.

4 minutes ago, Kyleraugh said:

Shipping out End of this week or middle of next is what foresight told me. I order the second order of gc3s.

12 minutes ago, liltwigy said:

Shipping out End of this week or middle of next is what foresight told me. I order the second order of gc3s.

That was what they told me a few days ago but then this morning the Bushnell rep said they would be shipping out today on the BLP facebook group. At least some people have had their cards charged already.

For anyone that ordered a Launch Pro during our 2nd pre-sale on October 28, your order will be shipping out today (11/16).

Bushnell employee recently posted that tomorrows round 3 of pre-orders is being pushed back😞

edit: mis-read as 2nd pre-order shipping was delayed - my bad

Edited by happygolfer

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

2 hours ago, mrshinsa said:

Does anyone know how I can get the view of the golf ball flight like at 4:24 in this video?  All I'm getting is the tracer as seen from the tee box.

The camera setting on this video is next to the “grid” icon. Click  on that and click “ball” instead of “start” for flight view. 

• Like 1

today I was playing a course on my gc3 and computer running fsx2000.  After about an hour, fsx lost connection to my gc3 and I couldnt reconnect it.  I restarted the gc3 and it still wouldnt connect.  When I went into settings -> devices on fsx 2000, it showed my gc3 but when I would click connect, it kept saying that it was unable to connect.  Has anybody else had this problem?  I was connecting the gc3 to fsx2000 by having both the gc3 and computer connected to my home wifi network. 

Edited by timmy2pillows

2 hours ago, noslig said:

BLP 2nd preorderer here (LM only, overnight shipping). No email or charge from Bushnell but my FedEx account says I will be receiving a package from Vista Outdoor by 1 pm tomorrow. 

This is how 1st preorder and delivery went for me. FedEx notification before any Bushnell email update, then delivery 2 days later and credit card charge reappears right around delivery date. 

1 hour ago, timmy2pillows said:

today I was playing a course on my gc3 and computer running fsx2000.  After about an hour, fsx lost connection to my gc3 and I couldnt reconnect it.  I restarted the gc3 and it still wouldnt connect.  When I went into settings -> devices on fsx 2000, it showed my gc3 but when I would click connect, it kept saying that it was unable to connect.  Has anybody else had this problem?  I was connecting the gc3 to fsx2000 by having both the gc3 and computer connected to my home wifi network. 

Yep.  First night it was like that.  I made sure both my computer and my GC3 were connected to my regular WiFi signal and not the 5G one.  Haven’t had an issue since, which is good since the usb was buggy and Ethernet didn’t work at all.

10 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Yep.  First night it was like that.  I made sure both my computer and my GC3 were connected to my regular WiFi signal and not the 5G one.  Haven’t had an issue since, which is good since the usb was buggy and Ethernet didn’t work at all.

Thanks for the info.  I will try this tomorrow.

4 hours ago, timmy2pillows said:

It seems to be FSX that has the issue. If I restart the software it will connect easily. For me at least, having the GC3 on before I open FSX is the way to go.

11 hours ago, CBMC said:

Is this on the Facebook group? Do you have a link or name to the actual group? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1016862079118963

Name is "Bushnell Launch Pro Users"

Edited by happygolfer
Insert name
  • Like 1

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

8 hours ago, broth518 said:

Can't get my GC3 to connect to my ipad or my phone so think I have a dud as i did all the passwords reset but still nothing. I read all the user manuals and still nothing anyone else have to send theirs back?

I think the connection is spotty at best for me on the iPhone.  I had a hard time getting it to connect and when it finally did wouldn’t register half the shots.  I haven’t really used it since that though as I don’t have a big need for a mobile app at the moment. 

For those of you that are still looking for computer to run your sims for GC3/BLP, hopefully this helps you guys in purchasing a computer/laptop that works with the FSX2020.

TLDR:

I do not have ability to guess whether these specs will work for FSX Play.  But I would venture to guess computer with dedicated video card/GPU (2060-2080 SUPER or better) would work fine.  I would also guess RTX 3050s will work ok (at 1080p maybe 4k).  Bottom line, a low-end gaming rig (desktop or laptop) should work fine for 1080p.

GPU - Get a desktop or laptop with dedicated GPU (Graphics processor).  I currently do not have AMD Graphics cards so I can't confirm whether they work or not, but I would bet the recent video card within the last 3-5 years will work fine.  I tried video cards with 4GB-10GB of VRAM.

CPU/RAM - doesn't really matter.  RAMs probably doesn't matter much, but I would try to get a computer with 16GB RAM or upgrade it to 16GB RAM (8GB is fine if you are trying to skimp)

Storage - Doesn't matter, BUT, I would opt for SSD or NVME SSD as the software will load faster.  Once it's loaded, it shouldn't impact performance.  I don't remember exactly how much the installation with 10 courses took but a 256GB SSD is more than enough.

Operating System - Doesn't matter.  I got it to run successfully on W10 Pro, W10 Home and W11 Home.

For those of you that still have questions with regards to which computer will run it, I have tried running FSX2020 on the following computers.

1)  Desktop with Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, 32GB RAM, 2TB NVME SSD, RTX 3080.  Clearly this one has no issues running the simulator in any resolution

This is my current gaming rig that I built in August 2020 and upgraded with new Ryzen 9 CPU and RTX3080 GPU in the beginning of 2021.  Estimated total cost of build (I paid at most MSRP) without monitors, ~$2000-2200.  Here's a link to the build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bert618/saved/Z4NQP6

2)  Laptop with Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics, 1TB NVME SSD.  FSX does not even start.

This is my travel/personal laptop I bought in November 2020.  ~$1200.

3)  Desktop with Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570K (very old CPU, launched in 2012), 16GB RAM, Asus NVIDIA GTX970, 512GB SSD.  This ran FSX 2020 fine on 1080P monitor and 1080P projector simultaneously, no issues.

This was my old gaming rig that I built in 2012 and upgraded with the GTX970 graphics card in 2014.  Don't remember build cost, if I had to guess, $1500-2000.

4)  Lenovo ideapad 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with 8GB RAM, 256GB NVME SSD, 1TB HDD, and GTX1650 mobile.  This laptop can be found for around $699-$899.  This laptop has both AMD integrated graphics and Nvidia GTX1650.  I ran FSX2020 on the laptop (1080p) with GTX1650, it has no issues displaying on the laptop monitor at full graphics.  When I switched the video card processor to integrated AMD GPU, it stalls pretty bad (ball flies in slow motion) on full graphics, but flies ok (a tiny bit slower than normal, but you wouldn't notice).

I just purchased this laptop in last week since all my laptops are ultra-slim, I wanted to see if a low-cost gaming laptop would work, total cost with coupons and discount, $585.  You can find it for $699 MSRP.  Currently it's listed as not available in Lenovo.  The model # is:  82K20001US

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/gaming-3-gen-6-(15-amd)/wmd00000479?displayrulevalidation=false

Bestbuy is also selling a slightly better version with 512GB SSD on eBay for $799.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203564792005?epid=9049797503&hash=item2f656838c5:g:PWIAAOSwaQ1hG9wi

Hope this helps.

Edited by atseng
  • Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

23 minutes ago, atseng said:

For those of you that are still looking for computer to run your sims for GC3/BLP, hopefully this helps you guys in purchasing a computer/laptop that works with the FSX2020.

TLDR:

I do not have ability to guess whether these specs will work for FSX Play.  But I would venture to guess computer with dedicated video card/GPU (2060-2080 SUPER or better) would work fine.  I would also guess RTX 3050s will work ok (at 1080p maybe 4k).  Bottom line, a low-end gaming rig (desktop or laptop) should work fine for 1080p.

GPU - Get a desktop or laptop with dedicated GPU (Graphics processor).  I currently do not have AMD Graphics cards so I can't confirm whether they work or not, but I would bet the recent video card within the last 3-5 years will work fine.  I tried video cards with 4GB-10GB of VRAM.

CPU/RAM - doesn't really matter.  RAMs probably doesn't matter much, but I would try to get a computer with 16GB RAM or upgrade it to 16GB RAM (8GB is fine if you are trying to skimp)

Storage - Doesn't matter, BUT, I would opt for SSD or NVME SSD as the software will load faster.  Once it's loaded, it shouldn't impact performance.  I don't remember exactly how much the installation with 10 courses took but a 256GB SSD is more than enough.

Operating System - Doesn't matter.  I got it to run successfully on W10 Pro, W10 Home and W11 Home.

For those of you that still have questions with regards to which computer will run it, I have tried running FSX2020 on the following computers.

1)  Desktop with Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, 32GB RAM, 2TB NVME SSD, RTX 3080.  Clearly this one has no issues running the simulator in any resolution

This is my current gaming rig that I built in August 2020 and upgraded with new Ryzen 9 CPU and RTX3080 GPU in the beginning of 2021.  Estimated total cost of build (I paid at most MSRP) without monitors, ~$2000-2200.  Here's a link to the build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bert618/saved/Z4NQP6

2)  Laptop with Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics, 1TB NVME SSD.  FSX does not even start.

This is my travel/personal laptop I bought in November 2020.  ~$1200.

3)  Desktop with Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570K (very old CPU, launched in 2012), 16GB RAM, Asus NVIDIA GTX970, 512GB SSD.  This ran FSX 2020 fine on 1080P monitor and 1080P projector simultaneously, no issues.

This was my old gaming rig that I built in 2012 and upgraded with the GTX970 graphics card in 2014.  Don't remember build cost, if I had to guess, $1500-2000.

4)  Lenovo ideapad 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with 8GB RAM, 256GB NVME SSD, 1TB HDD, and GTX1650 mobile.  This laptop can be found for around $699-$899.  This laptop has both AMD integrated graphics and Nvidia GTX1650.  I ran FSX2020 on the laptop (1080p) with GTX1650, it has no issues displaying on the laptop monitor at full graphics.  When I switched the video card processor to integrated AMD GPU, it stalls pretty bad (ball flies in slow motion) on full graphics, but flies ok (a tiny bit slower than normal, but you wouldn't notice).

I just purchased this laptop in last week since all my laptops are ultra-slim, I wanted to see if a low-cost gaming laptop would work, total cost with coupons and discount, $585.  You can find it for $699 MSRP.  Currently it's listed as not available in Lenovo.  The model # is:  82K20001US

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/gaming-3-gen-6-(15-amd)/wmd00000479?displayrulevalidation=false

Bestbuy is also selling a slightly better version with 512GB SSD on eBay for $799.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203564792005?epid=9049797503&hash=item2f656838c5:g:PWIAAOSwaQ1hG9wi

Hope this helps.

Very helpful. I went a little low budget with something closer to your listed option #3 (my specs: Intel® Core™ i5-11400F Processor / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  / 16GB RAM).  Seems like I should be OK on 1080p then, right? 

Ping K15 :: Graff PL Red @ 43.5"
Titleist 910f :: 15*
TaylorMade 09 Rescue 3 :: 19*
MP-59 4i-PW : 2flat : -.5" : s300
Callaway X-Forged 54/12 & 60/10
Odyssey White Hot XG #1:: Salty Grip

8 minutes ago, ChrisBouriat said:

Very helpful. I went a little low budget with something closer to your listed option #3 (my specs: Intel® Core™ i5-11400F Processor / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  / 16GB RAM).  Seems like I should be OK on 1080p then, right? 

Most definitely.  GTX1660 Super is meaningfully better than GTX970.  I had that card in my most recent gaming build, returned it to Microcenter for $250 in August 2020 (now that card is $550-650 on ebay) and upgraded to an AMD 5600XT for $340 (which I sold in February 2021 on eBay when I snagged a RTX 3080 from Bestbuy at MSRP).

Unfortunately, because of the whole supply chain/chip shortage/crypto (which I am sure no one is aware, 😉 ) the video card market is completely whacky for gamers and golf simulator builds.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

For those of you with BLP 2nd pre-orders. Does the shipping status on the Bushnell account page still show as awaiting shipment for you?  Mine hasn’t updated and when I called the general online orders help desk they are saying they have no update just that it will be shipped via FedEx if you selected standard ground.

Edited by Dfrank0988

26 minutes ago, Dfrank0988 said:

For those of you with BLP 2nd pre-orders. Does the shipping status on the Bushnell account page still show as awaiting shipment for you?  Mine hasn’t updated and when I called the general online orders help desk they are saying they have no update just that it will be shipped via FedEx if you selected standard ground.

My Bushnell account page still shows awaiting shipment - I did the free shipping ( believe standard) and my FEDEX nor UPS show any packages incoming. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9° | Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

Someone posted on the user group this morning that their order was updated to shipping.

I guess they like to torture people 🙂 because people then post "still waiting"

fbbush1.png.cb5b270bc5a447aa55c8b74e288d6916.png

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

2 hours ago, Dfrank0988 said:

I received an email from Bushnell that it shipped and the status online now says Shipped. FedEx account says expected delivery today by 1 (I paid for overnight shipping) but the only detail is that a label was created.

12 minutes ago, noslig said:

I received an email from Bushnell that it shipped and the status online now says Shipped. FedEx account says expected delivery today by 1 (I paid for overnight shipping) but the only detail is that a label was created.

Yeah I have none of those and my card still has yet to be charged but I went with the standard ground so maybe that’s the difference.  Fingers crossed that I will be pleasantly surprised sometime over the next week.  Would love to have it for the holiday next week.

I just spoke with the Bushnell Customer Service - he said priority shipment went out yesterday/today, and the free ground shipping would be between today/tomorrow.  Signature will be required on them all. If you had the ground shipping they can deliver on Sat/Sun, priority will only be delivered during the week.. He said mine was scheduled for today and I should be getting a tracking number tonight, I will follow up later tonight if I receive anything.. my order number was right around the 88XXX mark

EDIT: As of this morning (11/18) I still don't have a change in status or FEDEX tracking, either something is delayed in their batch process or the CS rep wasn't 100% accurate will update when I get an update

Edited by 2ndCut16
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9° | Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

36 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

I just spoke with the Bushnell Customer Service - he said priority shipment went out yesterday/today, and the free ground shipping would be between today/tomorrow.  Signature will be required on them all. If you had the ground shipping they can deliver on Sat/Sun, priority will only be delivered during the week.. He said mine was scheduled for today and I should be getting a tracking number tonight, I will follow up later tonight if I receive anything.. my order number was right around the 88XXX mark

Awesome to hear!  My order number was on the higher end of 88XXX so hopefully I won’t be in too dissimilar of a position.

4 hours ago, CBMC said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed. Was wondering if the version of fsx2020 is the same on the Bushnell as on the gc3. On the download page there is this: 

Screenshot_20211117-173404.png

I have a GC3 so I can’t comment with certainty but I believe all functionality is the same(with the gold package) you just have to download the subscription model of FSX rather than the regular version.