Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

prusd

2 hours ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Anyone played these courses and care to give a recommendation on the bets courses to have?

I'm going to purchase Staff Picks Bundle 1.  I spend summers in State College and I've played the Penn State Blue and White courses many times. I like the layouts and the available tee yardages for my level of play.  Those two courses would normally be $300 so it's an actual deal since I would be purchasing them anyway.

I'm also considering the premium course bundle because it has Pebble Beach and the Old Course.  It's a want and not a need and I would be happy purchasing Pebble Beach by itself.

I don't think I'll ever make it to Spain and may purchase Valderrama just so I can play 17.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

37 minutes ago, happygolfer said:

I'm going to purchase Staff Picks Bundle 1.  I spend summers in State College and I've played the Penn State Blue and White courses many times. I like the layouts and the available tee yardages for my level of play.  Those two courses would normally be $300 so it's an actual deal since I would be purchasing them anyway.

I'm also considering the premium course bundle because it has Pebble Beach and the Old Course.  It's a want and not a need and I would be happy purchasing Pebble Beach by itself.

I don't think I'll ever make it to Spain and may purchase Valderrama just so I can play 17.

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards as well. I lived in State College during grad school and it would be cool to have those courses available for sim play. For all the other ones though, I'm probably going to wait for GS Pro to build out their GC3 interface.

1 hour ago, CO Joe said:

Has anyone evaluated a touch screen monitor vs a gaming monitor for their simulation setup?

I was originally going to get a gaming monitor but I didn’t get more than 60fps on any resolution monitor I tested.  Seems like it would be a waste of capability unless you planned on using it for other games.  I’m not sure if the frame rate is capped or what but it sits at 35 fps waiting to hit and ramps up to 60fps during ball flight.  On a 4K tv my gpu usage was never over 85% and overclocking did nothing nor did changing the graphics settings.

17 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I was originally going to get a gaming monitor but I didn’t get more than 60fps on any resolution monitor I tested.  Seems like it would be a waste of capability unless you planned on using it for other games.  I’m not sure if the frame rate is capped or what but it sits at 35 fps waiting to hit and ramps up to 60fps during ball flight.  On a 4K tv my gpu usage was never over 85% and overclocking did nothing nor did changing the graphics settings.

Good point. I guess I was leaning more towards the touch screen and wanted to hear that others might be using them to save from grabbing the mouse. I’m putting together my list of equipment/budget to get approved by the “boss”.

9 hours ago, CO Joe said:

Good point. I guess I was leaning more towards the touch screen and wanted to hear that others might be using them to save from grabbing the mouse. I’m putting together my list of equipment/budget to get approved by the “boss”.

I would go with a wireless control box over a touchscreen monitor for sure.

9 minutes ago, cpr said:

Anybody know if there's geofencing on the Bushnell LP?  I travel between US and Canada and curious if I need to run the unit through a proxy when up north.

One of the guys on the SGT Discord asked Bushnell and their response was that traveling outside the US would "brick the unit". I suspect that's an exaggeration though and that at worst it will knock it down to behave like an unregistered unit until you check back in with a US IP. 

Edited by whumber

For those who bought courses, was downloading them archaic and slow?

I purchased the Staff Picks Bundle 1 which has 10 courses. Each course had to be downloaded individually.  I thought there was a problem with my internet connection but my speed tested fine. The provider they use must be using a traffic shaper to limit download speed.  I also had to download the courses (except Teton) that came with my BLM subsciption and were not included with the download of the FSX2020 Subsciption application.

The good about the purchase is that the activation key was delivered within an hour of purchase and all installed fine even though it felt so slow since each course had to be installed by itself.

I started to play the Penn State White course via the spacebar to see how it looked and while it was recongnizable, the graphics were less than spectacular. I purchased only for sim play and am hoping my settings are off but now I can understand why a majority of users prefer other simulator programs over FSX2020. I'm going to go over my settings and hope something is off.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

I’m gonna hold off on buying all courses until they start redoing them in FX Play. The graphics of some courses are so bad lol. Plus the fact that it doesn’t take into account thick rough or sand kinda sucks. Honestly I haven’t been playing many rounds and just practicing holes with specific clubs. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, happygolfer said:

I purchased the Staff Picks Bundle 1 which has 10 courses. Each course had to be downloaded individually.  I thought there was a problem with my internet connection but my speed tested fine. The provider they use must be using a traffic shaper to limit download speed.  I also had to download the courses (except Teton) that came with my BLM subsciption and were not included with the download of the FSX2020 Subsciption application.

The good about the purchase is that the activation key was delivered within an hour of purchase and all installed fine even though it felt so slow since each course had to be installed by itself.

I started to play the Penn State White course via the spacebar to see how it looked and while it was recongnizable, the graphics were less than spectacular. I purchased only for sim play and am hoping my settings are off but now I can understand why a majority of users prefer other simulator programs over FSX2020. I'm going to go over my settings and hope something is off.

Yeah, the download process doesn't exactly feel like dealing with a professional organization but whatever. I bought the same package, graphics are a bit rough but I was pretty happy with the PSU courses. Will be interesting to see if things improve with FSX Play or not but I thought the courses were very accurate.

22 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

I’m gonna hold off on buying all courses until they start redoing them in FX Play. The graphics of some courses are so bad lol. Plus the fact that it doesn’t take into account thick rough or sand kinda sucks. Honestly I haven’t been playing many rounds and just practicing holes with specific clubs. 

It does take rough and sand into account, you have to turn on lie penalties. I find it a bit frustrating to play that way as the penalties seem somewhat random. 

1 hour ago, happygolfer said:

It’s interesting the graphics situation.  It seems like some courses look far better than others while all are generally lacking details that other sim software get much better.  Was just rewatching the FSX Play preview of pitch and putt which I play frequently and the new version is miles and miles better than the current one.  What I do like is the physics of the current software so when the upgrade to graphics happen it will be a best of both worlds in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

I know it was mentioned here before, but has anyone identified a padded backpack that works well for the GC3? I think it was a camera backpack?

https://www.amazon.com/CADeN-Mirrorless-Professional-Waterproof-Accessories/dp/B08G82DKSH/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?m=A21IPRLHUF3ZK0&qid=1636747200&qsid=146-8132589-4188842&s=merchant-items&sr=1-14&sres=B07L68MRQL%2CB07Y1KWHPC%2CB08FR9KXHC%2CB08G86289G%2CB07TWRBMFN%2CB0829MQ79Z%2CB06XHHXLPS%2CB06XFXDMCK%2CB08PNRDGST%2CB07L9Q2Q6G%2CB07B2SYCRF%2CB07R67WXLW%2CB06XJQWSL2%2CB08G82DKSH

This is the one that was thrown out by someone (apologies to whoever it was) and it looked like a really solid fit. It was size small. 

Can the BLP be used with an iPad and FSX Pro right now?

Seems to be conflicting info out there. I want to use the BLP to hit balls into a net in my backyard. Who’s doing this right now and what’s your experience like?

G425 LST 9
G425 LST 14.5
TS3 18*
S55 or i210
Glide 3.0 54* 58*
Ping PLD Anser D

18 minutes ago, PantherFritz said:

Can the BLP be used with an iPad and FSX Pro right now?

Seems to be conflicting info out there. I want to use the BLP to hit balls into a net in my backyard. Who’s doing this right now and what’s your experience like?

I’m using an iPad indoors and outdoors with the BLP.

Has anyone unlocked their Bushnell LP by paying $4000? I assume you still use the fsx2020 subscription download but was wondering if the regular fsx2020 would work. The wording for the program is a little different in the Bushnell page so I'm not sure. Also, being unlocked do you get the "new monthly rotating course" that shows on the Bushnell chart under the gold subscription?