2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

1 hour ago, DBC said:

I just went to ( my)Not (golf) allowed (spy)because of spam and read the GC3 review. He states the GC3 does not read putters. I thought both units were identical. Im confused.

If you hit a putt, it will read the shot. Will tell you ball speed and path etc. 

but if does not give you in depth info like the quad is what the mean (face angle, lie angle, impact location, skid, etc). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, YoungJedi said:

If you hit a putt, it will read the shot. Will tell you ball speed and path etc. 

but if does not give you in depth info like the quad is what the mean (face angle, lie angle, impact location, skid, etc). 

I suspect FS will remove it eventually in a future FW update but it actually will give you face angle, dynamic loft, and impact location in FSX if you add three dots although it doesn't always show up and I think there's some question about how accurate it is.

10 minutes ago, whumber said:

I suspect FS will remove it eventually in a future FW update but it actually will give you face angle, dynamic loft, and impact location in FSX if you add three dots although it doesn't always show up and I think there's some question about how accurate it is.

Curious. Where do You put the three dots?

1 hour ago, roverdog99 said:

Using BLM and seem to get extremely low spin rates with the driver at times.   I know the words “at times” reveals it very well could be me and not machine but curious of anyone else’s experience.

I think it’s just a driver issue. As ball speed increases and spin drops, the cameras only has so long to measure spin. 

22 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

I think it’s just a driver issue. As ball speed increases and spin drops, the cameras only has so long to measure spin. 

I don’t seem to have issues at 175-180 ball speed.  When I was using a big white rubber tee set on top of my turf it misread spin 80% of the time.  Super low spin numbers.  Use purple birtees now no issues with spin. The big birtee is ready to break after a week though which sucks for a $19 pack of tees.

2 hours ago, roverdog99 said:

Using BLM and seem to get extremely low spin rates with the driver at times.   I know the words “at times” reveals it very well could be me and not machine but curious of anyone else’s experience.

i remember a while back having issues with yellow balls...specifically srixon z star xv.  it just couldnt pick up the spin no matter what 

2 hours ago, roverdog99 said:

Put the ball as far back in the hitting zone as possible for driver. I think you can get misreads with driver if it's too far up.

Sorry ahead of time if I didn't see this discussion as there are now 92 pages of BLP discussion. Just got the BLP and trying to figure out my options. I'm a mac guy and trying to avoid going the PC route just to run the SIM Range. I really just want the SIM Range. The SIM Courses are nice and would have fun using it, but my MO is really the SIM range and data.

1) Has anyone with a Mac tried running Bootcamp or Parallels on the Mac so it can act like a PC and run FSX 2020? The Bushnell team actually told me this is possible.

2) Anyone able to successfully connect the BLP to an iPad? (I'd rather upgrade my iPad vs buying a PC)

3) To get the driving range on the FSX Pro Mobile app, do you need Gold or will it run with Basic?

I know you need Silver/Gold to the sim range and/or courses on FSX 2020, but figured on the FSX Pro mobile app, it might be different. Thanks!

Edited by barrysmoot

Took my GC3 out to my local range that has top tracer.

ball speed and launch angle we’re all within 1 mph/degree.

there was a strong cross wind, so it was interesting to see how much of an affect it had on ball flight, but it was capturing the general ball flight pretty well.

really happy with it so far

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

44 minutes ago, barrysmoot said:

1) Has anyone with a Mac tried running Bootcamp or Parallels on the Mac so it can act like a PC and run FSX 2020? The Bushnell team actually told me this is possible.

2) Anyone able to successfully connect the BLP to an iPad? (I'd rather upgrade my iPad vs buying a PC)

3) To get the driving range on the FSX Pro Mobile app, do you need Gold or will it run with Basic?

1 - Someone did state that they were able to do this.  Its back a few or several pages.

2.  I can connect my iPad (6th Gen) to BLP Wifi.  FSX Pro app

3.  I 'think' the answer is yes.  I am in the 30 day Gold so cannot say for certain.   I will let it expire for a couple days (well, maybe a couple hours) just to see what exactly is included at the Basic Level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seth5051 said:

1 - Someone did state that they were able to do this.  Its back a few or several pages.

2.  I can connect my iPad (6th Gen) to BLP Wifi.  FSX Pro app

3.  I 'think' the answer is yes.  I am in the 30 day Gold so cannot say for certain.   I will let it expire for a couple days (well, maybe a couple hours) just to see what exactly is included at the Basic Level.

Thanks for the quick response. OK will try to find it and sift through. That is great news on the iPad too. If you can, please let us know what happens. 

1) In the FSX Pro App, does it look like that "urban range" or is it the same as the FX 2020 range with the trees you see on the GC Quad?

2) Has it been accurate and reliable with the app? Is the iPad picking up every shot?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, barrysmoot said:

1) In the FSX Pro App, does it look like that "urban range" or is it the same as the FX 2020 range with the trees you see on the GC Quad?

2) Has it been accurate and reliable with the app? Is the iPad picking up every shot?

1.  Check out some screenshots here:  https://www.foresightsports.com/fsxpro

2.  It has been very accurate.  When i just want to get up and running quickly and practice some aspect, FSX Pro is my go to.  Its ready to read the shot almost as quickly as the BLP, the only time it missed shots is when I was too quick and didnt let the app get 'ready'. 

10 minutes ago, Seth5051 said:

1.  Check out some screenshots here:  https://www.foresightsports.com/fsxpro

2.  It has been very accurate.  When i just want to get up and running quickly and practice some aspect, FSX Pro is my go to.  Its ready to read the shot almost as quickly as the BLP, the only time it missed shots is when I was too quick and didnt let the app get 'ready'. 

Thanks Seth. The app looks legit! Yes, I think will go the iPad route. We just upgraded from a Mevo+ and use the iPad to mirror our apple TV which is then connected to a projector.

Funny on the link you sent me, it shows only macbook pros being used as the laptop. Interesting if they are developing a Mac version.

Edited by barrysmoot

1 hour ago, barrysmoot said:

Thanks Seth. The app looks legit! Yes, I think will go the iPad route. We just upgraded from a Mevo+ and use the iPad to mirror our apple TV which is then connected to a projector.

Funny on the link you sent me, it shows only macbook pros being used as the laptop. Interesting if they are developing a Mac version.

I use FSX pro on my ipad when I go to the range and it works.  The range is 2D vice 3D.  I have not used the FSX Mobile version which is the app that looks like you are in an urban city.  Only issue I have is that it disconnects at times and I have to restart everything.   

I have used my macbook pro with the BLP and FSX 2020 using parallels but the laptop got hot and there was some lag.   I went ahead and got a gaming laptop and couldnt be happier.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

1 hour ago, kejoal11 said:

I use FSX pro on my ipad when I go to the range and it works.  The range is 2D vice 3D.  I have not used the FSX Mobile version which is the app that looks like you are in an urban city.  Only issue I have is that it disconnects at times and I have to restart everything.   

I have used my macbook pro with the BLP and FSX 2020 using parallels but the laptop got hot and there was some lag.   I went ahead and got a gaming laptop and couldnt be happier.

Thanks for sharing. I heard they phased out the FSX mobile app. It hasn’t been worked on for months. It’s all about the pro. I have to update my iPad. 

That’s good news in the Mac. I’ll try it. I read Boot Camp uses less resources than Parallels so it shouldn’t overheat. 

My older daughter has a gaming PC but of course it’s an AMD graphics card. I think you need nVidia. 

On 11/30/2021 at 3:12 PM, whumber said:

One of the guys on the SGT Discord asked Bushnell and their response was that traveling outside the US would "brick the unit". I suspect that's an exaggeration though and that at worst it will knock it down to behave like an unregistered unit until you check back in with a US IP. 

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like it should work using a proxy since it's not geofenced via GPS location.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Are all the clubs just "one dot" for the metallic sticker locations with the GC3? Is there any value to adding 3 dots to the club face?

Yeah, all one dot. Like I posted above you can get some three dot data with a putter but it seems like it's probably a bug and questionable if it's accurate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, whumber said:

Yeah, all one dot. Like I posted above you can get some three dot data with a putter but it seems like it's probably a bug and questionable if it's accurate.

Good to know. Thanks. If anyone is looking for a PC, this gaming computer is $679 at Best Buy. It’s a steal for the price and looks like it meet the specs to run FSX 2020. There’s one that’s $889 same brand with 16GB RAM 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-gaming-laptop-15-6-fhd-144hz-intel-11th-gen-i5-geforce-gtx-1650-8gb-ddr4-256gb-ssd-windows-11/6486188.p?skuId=6486188&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=854&ref=212&loc=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD-ORIh6NECb3o2HKNy7E8UQ2L5dy&gbraid=0AAAAAD-ORIh6NECb3o2HKNy7E8UQ2L5dy&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqbyNBhC2ARIsALDwAsAZzeEqwYMhgYX3SkKI0SF9EtCDCSE4LJm2gRPRfJGLb3jEt9jvXJMaAj88EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by barrysmoot

On 12/2/2021 at 2:29 AM, CBMC said:

Has anyone unlocked their Bushnell LP by paying $4000? I assume you still use the fsx2020 subscription download but was wondering if the regular fsx2020 would work. The wording for the program is a little different in the Bushnell page so I'm not sure. Also, being unlocked do you get the "new monthly rotating course" that shows on the Bushnell chart under the gold subscription?

Wouldn't it be ideal to just go for the GC3 if you're gonna pay $4k to unlock the BLP? 

Side question:

When you use the FSX Pro App, you get the 30 day gold trial for the BLP. Can anyone verify they get all the club data (backspin, AOA, etc.) using an iPad?

If the iPad on Gold membership doesn't give you all the details, it sounds like it would be a waste paying the $800/year