Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

2 hours ago, Seth5051 said:

Can confirm.

Thanks Seth. That helps a lot. Now just deciding 1) to pay $600 for an iPad to run FSX Pro or 2) pay $670 to run a PC Laptop to run FSX 2020.

FSX Play comes out too and looks great. I assume that’s PC only. Leaning towards the PC route then run FSX Pro though my iPhone 13. 

1 hour ago, barrysmoot said:

Thanks Seth. That helps a lot. Now just deciding 1) to pay $600 for an iPad to run FSX Pro or 2) pay $670 to run a PC Laptop to run FSX 2020.

FSX Play comes out too and looks great. I assume that’s PC only. Leaning towards the PC route then run FSX Pro though my iPhone 13. 

I was going to just hit into a net and run an iPad until lost all self control and purchased a computer, screen and projector a year ahead of schedule...1000% worth it.  Really love the sim aspect even for just seeing ball flight on the range.  Have all my tiles set up to the left and can see the data for every shot.  I would recommend it even if you are just set up on a laptop or tv.  I went GC3 route but if I was spending the $800 a year for subscription I would want it to do more than just unlocking path and angle of attack and use the capabilities of simulation, contests, gapping and all the great things you can do on FSX2020 not to mention the inevitable upgrade to FSX Play.

52 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I was going to just hit into a net and run an iPad until lost all self control and purchased a computer, screen and projector a year ahead of schedule...1000% worth it.  Really love the sim aspect even for just seeing ball flight on the range.  Have all my tiles set up to the left and can see the data for every shot.  I would recommend it even if you are just set up on a laptop or tv.  I went GC3 route but if I was spending the $800 a year for subscription I would want it to do more than just unlocking path and angle of attack and use the capabilities of simulation, contests, gapping and all the great things you can do on FSX2020 not to mention the inevitable upgrade to FSX Play.

haha..gotta enjoy life! can't take the money with you to the grave LOL. Post some pics! 

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

Firmware update was available last night when I checked…barometer is working with elevation and carry numbers on the unit now match FSX 2020.  There’s a little symbol by the Carry that shows you are using the barometer.

Yes, I did mine last night. The first time the reading registered, the sea level was way off to what I googled in my location. This early afternoon when I turned the unit on for a little over an hour, the atmospheric pressure (mbar) and sea level (ft) were spot on. Unfortunately, the temperature (°C/°F) was way off. The first 2 pictures were taken last night. The third one (compared with my humidity sensors) was 2 hours ago.

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

Edited by jacardon

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

Firmware update was available last night when I checked…barometer is working with elevation and carry numbers on the unit now match FSX 2020.  There’s a little symbol by the Carry that shows you are using the barometer.

Does anybody know if Foresight posts any info/release notes on their FW updates anywhere?

Having a couple issues with my launch pro setup if anyone can help:

the fsx20 software and the device don’t want to stay connected. Wifi is good on the desktop and the device. Have them setup about 10 ft apart. Tried creating a guest network that’s not 5g but still not connecting. Finds the device but just sits there refreshing and not connecting. 

Fsx20 software crashes when I open. Running as admin seems to work more often. Probably some windows defender setting. Made sure it’s running on the GEForce video and still crashes 

Tried to find some info earlier in the thread but if anyone has any tips would be appreciated. Submitted a help request to bushnell but no response yet. Probably try to call them tomorrow.  

24 minutes ago, wareagle902 said:

the fsx20 software and the device don’t want to stay connected. Wifi is good on the desktop and the device. Have them setup about 10 ft apart. Tried creating a guest network that’s not 5g but still not connecting. Finds the device but just sits there refreshing and not connecting. 

Fsx20 software crashes when I open. Running as admin seems to work more often. Probably some windows defender setting. Made sure it’s running on the GEForce video and still crashes 

Tried to find some info earlier in the thread but if anyone has any tips would be appreciated. Submitted a help request to bushnell but no response yet. Probably try to call them tomorrow.  

Has it always had this issue? Do you mid sharing your PC specs? Processor, RAM, HD Memory, Graphics Card? 

56 minutes ago, barrysmoot said:

Has it always had this issue? Do you mid sharing your PC specs? Processor, RAM, HD Memory, Graphics Card? 

Pretty much. I just got the CPU too so probably user error somewhere. should have plenty to run everything although I got it connected to a couple tv monitors which I had some issues with it recognizing too lol. The launch pro not wanting to connect to the CPU is a head scratcher though. 

Intel Core i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 1TB HDD + 500GB SSD 

6 minutes ago, wareagle902 said:

Pretty much. I just got the CPU too so probably user error somewhere. should have plenty to run everything although I got it connected to a couple tv monitors which I had some issues with it recognizing too lol. The launch pro not wanting to connect to the CPU is a head scratcher though. 

Intel Core i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 1TB HDD + 500GB SSD 

Oh wow. Ya. I just ordered an Acer Laptop for $899 with the same specs. Ya, that sounds plenty.

Ironic that the BLP LM is accurate and money, but the connectivity is the issue. Geezus. Do you have an iPad or iPhone you can test it on?

4 hours ago, whumber said:

It really just depends on which one is easier to get, at this point that still seems to be the Bushnell.

That's not accurate IMO.  If only look at the website to order then sure, but if you call Foresight they'll sell you a bare GC3 no problem.  I got mine in under two weeks back in November and I've never dealt with them before.

2 hours ago, TD22057 said:

That's not accurate IMO.  If only look at the website to order then sure, but if you call Foresight they'll sell you a bare GC3 no problem.  I got mine in under two weeks back in November and I've never dealt with them before.

Man that's annoying as a Canadian. I ordered on Oct 12 and I'm still waiting, according to my rep due to "supply shortages".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, true8 said:

For anyone who upgraded from GC2 to GC3. Was the upgrade worth the cost? I can get a refurbished GC2 for 6500 cad vs just saving a bit longer for the GC3 which is 9250 cad. I don't have the room for a mevo +. Using it indoors only for practice during winter.

I have never owned a GC2 but I have been using it for 5 years because I am a regular student at Golftec. I used it there for both lessons and practices. I got my GC3 last Nov. 29 and I have never been more satisfied and amazed by it. I had logged 500+ shots and so far, no misreads. The data on the unit's screen, tv, & pc monitor records right away. With my pc's configuration (11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF 16GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and Sony OLED TV), the graphics look sharp and run smoothly. I can just imagine if FSX Play comes out and projected on a 4K projector. The unit looks very solid and well made. The touch screen is awesome though sometimes, the previous screen goes back when you toggle to the next one. I had some minor hiccups with installation of FSX and FSXPro in my pc but the issues got resolved day by day. It's like my pc and the unit need some getting to know each other or maybe just user error. I still have some issues to address to technical support and I am quite positive that those will be taken cared of. The barometer firmware being the latest issue but it's getting better. It's a new product and these things happen at the beginning. I have no regret in buying this. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wareagle902 said:

Some things that have helped me are making sure both computer and the unit on same WiFi signal(not 5ghz) and making sure the unit is running before I start FSX.  I did connect to my computer one round with the usb and although that seemed buggy and slow when I switched back to WiFi it seemed to work better.  I’ve never had to run FSX as administrator but I’m not sure if that is different on Windows 11.  Be sure to check that you have the latest version of FSX 2020 subscription and you will have to download the whole file each time they update, which is annoying.  Current version is 8.0.2.7 released November 11th.  Also check on the launch pro device for firmware updates.  Your system looks plenty good and shouldn’t have issues starting and running the software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One oddity of my setup that i wanted to call out:

My PC is in my office across the house so i am connecting to my BLP through wifi *kinda*

The wifi in my garage is not super strong so i took an older router that i have lying around and i configured it in bridge mode.

Bridge mode essentially turns that router into a wifi receiver and since it has large antennae the signal is much stronger.

Once the old router is in bridge mode and receiving wifi you just connect the router to the BLP with an ethernet cable.

So the unit itself thinks it is actually on a wired connection.

I have found this method to be very stable!

Setting a router up in bridge mode is not incredibly intuitive but there are tons of tutorials online just find one that is for your specific router if you are interested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ran an Ethernet cable to my garage direct from my router. I connected it to an Ethernet switch then hardwired my PC and LAUNCH PRO to the switch. I used to connect both via WiFi. My WiFi signal is not awesome out there so that was likely the issue, however with both devices hardwired I have had zero issues connecting. If you turn the launch pro on and then launch FSX you don't even need to find the device or anything it just connects automatically. Been using it like this for a week or so and it works great.

• Like 1

This probably isn’t the most helpful comment for everyone compared to what is usually discussed in this thread, but I just wanted to say that in just a little over a month of practicing with the unit, my club path has gotten so much better. Feel versus real is a crazy thing, and if you want to zero out your path, you need feedback like this. Your path is likely significantly more in-out or out-in than you realize, and it’s a likely culprit behind some of your biggest misses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

This probably isn’t the most helpful comment for everyone compared to what is usually discussed in this thread, but I just wanted to say that in just a little over a month of practicing with the unit, my club path has gotten so much better. Feel versus real is a crazy thing, and if you want to zero out your path, you need feedback like this. Your path is likely significantly more in-out or out-in than you realize, and it’s a likely culprit behind some of your biggest misses. 

This is awesome to hear. Hope your game keeps on getting better. Can't wait to get mine. We have the Laptop Gaming PC coming and will use my iPhone for the FSX Pro app. I'm coming from a Mevo+ and we have had issues picking up all shots. Maybe records 14 shots out of 20. Really frustrating!

Can you guys with the GC3/BLP that use it in/outdoor the reliability of recording shots? For example  19/20 on "shots recorded / total shots" Tnx

Edited by barrysmoot

15 minutes ago, barrysmoot said:

This is awesome to hear. Hope your game keeps on getting better. Can't wait to get mine. We have the Laptop Gaming PC coming and will use my iPhone for the FSX Pro app. I'm coming from a Mevo+ and we have had issues picking up all shots. Maybe records 14 shots out of 20. Really frustrating!

Can you guys with the GC3/BLP that use it in/outdoor the reliability of recording shots? For example  19/20 on "shots recorded / total shots" Tnx

In 6 weeks of hitting balls with it, it’s missed ball data on, I don’t know, 3 shots? I’d say it misses club data more often - maybe 1/100. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indygolf21 said:

In 6 weeks of hitting balls with it, it’s missed ball data on, I don’t know, 3 shots? I’d say it misses club data more often - maybe 1/100. 

Thanks Indy. Wow. So this will be a treat coming from the Mevo+ haha. Did you mean that "it misses club data 1/100 swings" = it records the club data 99/100 times? 😄

23 minutes ago, barrysmoot said:

Thanks Indy. Wow. So this will be a treat coming from the Mevo+ haha. Did you mean that "it misses club data 1/100 swings" = it records the club data 99/100 times? 😄

probably gets club data 95% of the time for me unless I’m changing path significantly by aiming in the sim.  Driver is the biggest culprit.  Shot misreads are basically non existent unless the unit or mat moves during your swing or you use a white tee.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indygolf21 said:

Spot on.  Only problem is I’m carrying my irons 10-15 yards longer by getting rid of my wipey fade…do I really want my 8 iron carrying 185?? lol might need to weaken some lofts.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Spot on.  Only problem is I’m carrying my irons 10-15 yards longer by getting rid of my wipey fade…do I really want my 8 iron carrying 185?? lol might need to weaken some lofts.

Geezus. That's crazy long. Do you mind sharing the numbers on that from the BLP/GC3? Would love to know the dynamic launch, SS and AOA, etc. as it sounds like you guys are super efficient and optimized. Like if you're playing your 8i like most mortal's 3/5 wood. 😁

5 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

Damn! That’s some power. I’ve got my 6 going 190 and was feeling good about myself. 

Nothing wrong with that…it’s over tour average!  I’ve been speed training a little with driver and it’s definitely trickled into the irons last couple years.  Cleaning up path was worth just as much as the swing speed increases.

6 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Nothing wrong with that…it’s over tour average!  I’ve been speed training a little with driver and it’s definitely trickled into the irons last couple years.  Cleaning up path was worth just as much as the swing speed increases.

Are you more neutral or playing a slight draw?