Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

@Frank_Dux 

Thanks for the reply. I was 52.1% and thankful we swooped up on them so quickly. 

Theoretically, Windows should be able to reconcile AMD and Intel processors the same when running any application. I think the AMD CPU performs worse than Intel’s Alder Lake series. 

I wonder if anyone can verify a working Ryzen series processor with FSX. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Benoit61 said:

I’m not very knowledgeable on numbers and I have been doing speed training but these numbers are spin misreads right ? I tee off from the back of the box and switch to a dark color birtee instead of white but 9/10 shots still have 1850 or lower spin rates and even though I hit up a bunch and launch high it still feels a tad unrealistic… thoughts ?

B1504262-E7FC-4573-B9F4-FC9AE8BCB0D2.jpeg

A3D0CC2A-D2C1-460E-8F02-B1854F2A441D.jpeg

DD14D5FF-A35C-4D64-8E29-7CFEF6660F99.jpeg

That spin is perfectly normal for a +8 AOA. 

The more up on the ball you hit, the less spin you’ll have. Nothing wrong with the unit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Balboa said:

@Frank_Dux 

Thanks for the reply. I was 52.1% and thankful we swooped up on them so quickly. 

Theoretically, Windows should be able to reconcile AMD and Intel processors the same when running any application. I think the AMD CPU performs worse than Intel’s Alder Lake series. 

I wonder if anyone can verify a working Ryzen series processor with FSX. 

I can confirm that FSX has no issues for me running win 10 on a Ryzen CPU. 

Also using an Nvidia gpu. 

Edited by c0d3x
Gpu add

16 hours ago, Benoit61 said:

Hopefully someone with experience in fitting or something like can chime in … is there somewhere better to post this or is this it ?

I'd say your spin numbers are accurate with that AoA. I am usually  in the +6° AoA range and regularly have sub 2k spin. I actually switched to a 12.5° driver head this year just to get more, that helped. Also, if I tee the ball up 1/4" lower my AoA will drop to the +3 range and I'll add a few hundred rpm of spin. So you can try that too. 

On 12/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, kwettig said:

probably gets club data 95% of the time for me unless I’m changing path significantly by aiming in the sim.  Driver is the biggest culprit.  Shot misreads are basically non existent unless the unit or mat moves during your swing or you use a white tee.

If you are still having issues with it missing driver data (or any club data for that matter) try positioning the ball further back in the hitting zone. I was missing lots of driver shots, but with my hitting mat the tee location was more forward on the mat and put the ball in the front of the hitting zone. 

Once I figured to reposition the GC3 so that my tee shots were in the back half to the hitting zone I haven't missed club data in a shot since. 

Edited by c0d3x
Auto correct word choices

I just started reading this forum (can't sleep 2am...) so I figured I'd answer what questions I saw and give some other setup advice. I haven't read all 96 pages (insomnia not that bad yet) so if I repeat covered topics, sorry. 

I've had the GC3 setup for indoor use for the last two months, I've played maybe 20 rounds of golf on it and hit maybe 2k range balls, some things I've figured out, some things still annoy me. 

If you are using it indoor with a projector /screen setup, when you do the launchmonitorconfig.exe (I think that is right). You actually have to put the numbers in for every launch monitor, not just the GC3. So enter your room/hitting dimensions for the gc2, gc3, and GC Quad. If you only do the GC3 it doesn't actually take. 

The battery is definitely good for around 3 hours, maybe a bit longer I've never timed it, but I only charge the unit every couple uses. 

My only annoyance, it just getting the unit to connect to fsx2020. Both CPU and GC3 are using wifi, and the signal is very strong, but I plan on it taking me 1-2 minutes to get it connected every use, I spend that time stretching, so I make do. Also, without fail it will disconnect once a session about 5 minutes in, and then takes me another minute or two to get it connected again. 

I was hopeful the firmware update that just came out would help with that, but it did not. 

But besides for the wifi connection issues, the unit is great. 

As for fsx2020, I haven't figured out how to have the putting green grid view on by default, I have to turn it on every round, just annoying. 

And when using the practice range, table view shows you peak height and decent angle, but when you export it to excel, those fields vanish, also annoying.

Hope those of you waiting for your to arrive get them soon. Obviously, I'm not active on this forum, I'm normally on a different forum, but I'll follow this thread and help if I can. 

Cheers 

20211101_093922.jpg.3bd9ab723acafd77493b7934e440c95a.jpg

1 hour ago, Dfrank0988 said:

Curious if anyone has any insight on how the monthly rotating course works for gold BLP and GC3.  I have the standard 10 but haven’t seen any details on the one that rotates.  Is it one of the 10 regular?  When does it change? Etc.

Bushnell refuses to answer this question… it’s vaporware 

Quick question.

I received the software email with my unit SN while I am awaiting LP shipment.

Can I install the software without having the unit on my gaming laptop?

Christmas Day I want to be ready to just start.

Also FYI, because I did not see this anywhere posted, the Sim in the box package comes with the Gold package 10 courses AND 10 more that includes Pebble, Spanish, Spyglass, St Andrews etc.

Thanks

59 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

Quick question.

I received the software email with my unit SN while I am awaiting LP shipment.

Can I install the software without having the unit on my gaming laptop?

Christmas Day I want to be ready to just start.

Also FYI, because I did not see this anywhere posted, the Sim in the box package comes with the Gold package 10 courses AND 10 more that includes Pebble, Spanish, Spyglass, St Andrews etc.

Thanks

Yeah, you can install it as soon as they send you the link but you won't be able to get past the device check screen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

That spin is perfectly normal for a +8 AOA. 

The more up on the ball you hit, the less spin you’ll have. Nothing wrong with the unit. 

While this is true, in practice it's hard to increase AoA to those extremes without also increasing dynamic loft (which then increases spin). Based on the launch and spin of those shots, there has to be some vertical gear effect in play

6 minutes ago, roverdog99 said:

Any recommendations on cleaning the BLM, depending on wind direction, dirt grass ends up in camera areas.?

https://smile.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-Professional-Electronics-Refillable/dp/B0080JH3YE/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=lens+blower&qid=1639162605&sr=8-6

I'm a pro photographer. You can use the same equipment to keep it clean. The blower would help with dirt and grass.

2 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-Professional-Electronics-Refillable/dp/B0080JH3YE/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=lens+blower&qid=1639162605&sr=8-6

I'm a pro photographer. You can use the same equipment to keep it clean. The blower would help with dirt and grass.

Do you ever use compressed air cans? Like the keyboard cleaners

On 12/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, CardsChamps11 said:

I personally don’t. I find the air hand pump blower as effective and cheaper for all my computer and camera equipment. Then just use it with a microfiber soft cloth 

Edited by Frank_Dux

3 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Probably harmless for the LM (I think the actual optical lenses are behind a protective barrier), but I would not use those on any sensitive optical components. They are compressed gases, not actual clean/inert air, so they can become contamination sources.

1 hour ago, Krt22 said:

Probably harmless for the LM (I think the actual optical lenses are behind a protective barrier), but I would not use those on any sensitive optical components. They are compressed gases, not actual clean/inert air, so they can become contamination sources.

The lenses themselves are exposed but there's no danger of a golf ball hitting them due to the case construction. The good news is that it uses dirt cheap M12 lenses, the bad news is that the user doesn't really have any way to see the live feed from the cameras for focusing so user replacement of a damaged lens could be difficult.

Edited by whumber

Does anyone know how to get the unit to not show “not registered” on the screen?  The unit is registered and associated with my fs live login

5370462D-8265-41E1-898B-48AAEB95512C.jpeg

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

Two dumb questions - how wide is the green on the Foresight range, and is it possible to adjust the width? On a related note, is there any sort of tool within the software to measure the dimensions of a green when you're playing a round? Want to work on my dispersion over the winter and figure this would be a good tool to help with that.

2 hours ago, rvmcd said:

Two dumb questions - how wide is the green on the Foresight range, and is it possible to adjust the width? On a related note, is there any sort of tool within the software to measure the dimensions of a green when you're playing a round? Want to work on my dispersion over the winter and figure this would be a good tool to help with that.

I’m not aware of a way to make the green bigger.  That said you could find a hole on a course with a larger green and just use that as a practice hole.  It looks as though the green in the Paris range for FSX play is huge.  For green size, in the mini map you can hover your mouse on the edges of the green an figure out width and depth by adding distance to the pin from both edges.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 3:34 PM, Seth5051 said:

I was trying to generate this exact report last night.  I dont have the 'Compare' button next to 'Export'.  Using a BLP with Gold.  I emailed Bushnell Support about this, but have not yet heard back.

Was trying to setup a wedge matrix like TXG did a couple weeks ago.

@Seth5051 Not sure though all the pages if this was answered? Just curious if this is a quad / GC3 only thing and with BLP gold we don't get it?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9° | Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

Just now, 2ndCut16 said:

@Seth5051 Not sure though all the pages if this was answered? Just curious if this is a quad / GC3 only thing and with BLP gold we don't get it?

I’m also curious on the BLP Gold, can you get FSX 2020 (PC) + FSX Pro (iOS)? Someone was asking this it makes you have to choose. Thanks. 

Just now, Frank_Dux said:

I’m also curious on the BLP Gold, can you get FSX 2020 (PC) + FSX Pro (iOS)? Someone was asking this it makes you have to choose. Thanks. 

When I first got my BLP, I was able to use the PC and iOS - I haven't tried since thought. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9° | Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**