Please save me from my wife

It could be worse, OP.  

In the breezeway of my future wife's parents' home, I was demonstrating something about my golf swing for her brother with a baseball bat and took out the glass globe on the overhead light fixture. Felt bad, felt worse when her mom told me it came from a torn down and historic hotel in town.  Felt some irony in that it was the very hotel my parents honeymooned at, but that irony was lost on her at the time, lol.

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

It could be worse, OP.  

In the breezeway of my future wife's parents' home, I was demonstrating something about my golf swing for her brother with a baseball bat and took out the glass globe on the overhead light fixture. Felt bad, felt worse when her mom told me it came from a torn down and historic hotel in town.  Felt some irony in that it was the very hotel my parents honeymooned at, but that irony was lost on her at the time, lol.

That sounds like a pretty awkward moment. The fact that you actually ended up part of the family speaks volumes.

• Haha 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G425 Tensi Orange

Ping G30 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

1 hour ago, JohnnyCashForever said:

Robert Goulet - Impossible Dream - YouTube

When I got married, a friend told me,  "Just remember, your relationship with X has a full account balance now.  Every time you do something she doesn't like, you withdraw from that account.  There is no way to add back to the account."

Twenty-three years later, still married, but I have definitely made a lot of small withdrawals. 

This isn't true in a relationship where both parties are committed to growth.

Lefty

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 6.0

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - Kingdom Putter - NCW Boyd - and more. 

WITB Thread

Grab some spackle paste from the local hardware store, maybe even from the grocery store... You can use your fingers to fill that if you don't have a knife.... just fill it and make it flat as can be and let it dry, then sand it.  You should even be able to use a wet sponge if you have to.  In the meantime, put your golf bag in front of it.

Taylormade Sim Max 9  HZRDUS RDX blue 60s

Taylormade Sim 15 Ti  Aldila Rogue Silver 70s

Ping G25 20  TFC 189s

Ping S55  4-P  KBS $Taper 125

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52/12, 58/10

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB 

Titleist Players 4

1 hour ago, Nixhex524 said:

Grab some spackle paste from the local hardware store, maybe even from the grocery store... You can use your fingers to fill that if you don't have a knife.... just fill it and make it flat as can be and let it dry, then sand it.  You should even be able to use a wet sponge if you have to.  In the meantime, put your golf bag in front of it.

Yes this 

That's a small enough hole that just plaster, sand and paint over it will work just fine. 

When I moved into my last house there were a lot of dents from moving furniture and stuff that the guy moving out made. They are very easy to repair of they are small

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9 w/Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60g

Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/Aldila Rogue Max 75

Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85

Ping G410 4-SW w/ DG S300

Titleist Vokey SM8 60/8 M

SGC #002 385G

16 hours ago, Socrates said:

Take a bigger object and make a bigger hole.  As long as it’s not golf related and remotely plausible, you can come up with some excuse that blames something else rather than your poor golf skills. 

This exactly what I thought and have done before. “Oh babe, looks like your Apple fritter blossom decadence cookie dough candle fell off the shelf, bounced off your treadmill and hit the wall. I’ll fix it, these guys on a great discussion board let me know how.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfandfishing said:

This exactly what I thought and have done before. “Oh babe, looks like your Apple fritter blossom decadence cookie dough candle fell off the shelf, bounced off your treadmill and hit the wall. I’ll fix it, these guys on a great discussion board let me know how.”

LOL--this is funny and MtlJeff loves good posting! But again for the actual problem at hand, a hole like that can be fixed and look 100% new in literally 10 minutes work (factoring an hour or so for the plaster to dry in between)

Callaway Mavrik 9 w/Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60g

Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/Aldila Rogue Max 75

Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85

Ping G410 4-SW w/ DG S300

Titleist Vokey SM8 60/8 M

SGC #002 385G

Lots of good advice but the man up suggestion is risky, but if so determined consider reducing your life insurance to lessen the incentive of other questionable behavior. Might, however, hit more balls in this area and then get some oils, acrylics, or watercolors and turn the dents into painted flowers. Some women really are into custom decorating, especially artwork with texture. She'll love the new, creative you. 

Old Cuss

• Like 1

My wife’s brothers but a hockey puck through the wall in their bedroom. They put a poster over it. They were both moved out before dad took down the poster.

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

3W- Adam’s Tight Lies

3H- Cobra F8

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW

Wedges - Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58

Putter- Tour Edge HP series #1

Is the being scared of getting banned from golf by the wife just a joke that is going over my head cause I'm not married?

I've got a long term girlfriend that lives with me and if I accidentally slammed a golf ball into a wall the first thing I'd do is say "hey babe can you grab the drywall repair kit and help me out with this". I think the worst she would do is make fun of me for hitting a sh**ty shot

• Like 2

Driver Cobra RadSpeed 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Fairway: Cobra RadSpeed 3w Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 X

Utility Srixon ZX 18* / Fujikura Ventus Black HB 10TX
Irons:  Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-PW / Project X LS 6.5
Wedges:  Mizuno T20 Raw 50, 54, 58 / Project X LS 6.0

PutterOdyssey Toulon Atlanta

BallVice Pro Plus

you are lucky your garage walls have a smooth finish versus having a textured wall. Go to your local hardware store and you can grab a small tube of spackle or even a small tub of spackle. Then grab a cheap 1" or 1 1/2" flat spackle knife or blade. Just take a golf ball size scoop and fill it in. Then take the spackle knife and take the edge and create a flat surface. Kinda like smoothing on some peanut butter on some bread and flattening it out. The keep running the knife over the area until you remove all the extra. Let it dry then come back at it with some sand paper. They sell those in packs of different grit. Then start with something semi abrasive until you get to a fine grit paper and smooth it out till its is even with the wall. Then grab some sample paint of your garage wall color and paint over it. You can have it completed in one day. 

Cobra LTD 9* Hazurdous Black
Cobra F9 13.5* TP7HD 

TaylorMade SLDR 19 Motore TP Tour spec
Callaway X-CB Steelfiber 95S

Callaway Wedges Tour grind 52/58

Odyssey OG1
Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

On 7/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, sadclevelandsports said:

Please help me before the boss notices. New homeowner so not such a handy person at the moment. My garage is my golf practice area but I seem to have made a wound in the wall with a bad practice swing. How do I fix this before the wife notices?

PXL_20210725_015031879.jpg

u need one of those golf bag storage rack , u can hide that hole and all other new purchases, golf boxes, extra shaft, etc. Much cheaper then divorce

Callaway Rogue 9° MMT 60s
Callaway Epic 15° Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65s
Callaway Super Hybrid 20° 
Recoil Dart F3 75H

Srixon 765 Irons Nippon Modus 105s
Cleveland Zipcore Wedges 50/54/58 Tour Issue Spinner 
Odyssey Triple Track Double Wide Putter
Callaway Chrome Soft X Ball

🇱🇷

It's the garage.  Just use a drywall hole filler/patch kit and touch it up with whatever paint color used in the build (or if it wasn't new construction just as close as possible).

Sun Mountain C130-S / Titleist TSi4 9* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 TX / Titleist TSi3 15* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 TX / New Level NLU-01 18* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5 / New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG TI X100 / Vokey SM8 50,54,58 DG S200 / Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven

That is an extremely easy repair to make.  Just get on Youtube to learn how to do it.  That's not the last drywall repair you'll ever have to make by a long shot.  Might as well learn how to do it now.

Bag 1                                                                               Bag 2                                                    Bag 3

PING G400 MAX 10.5 GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X         Titleist 905R 9.5* Speeder S             Cleveland Classic 310 GD Pershing 60 S

PING G25 16.5* 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                Titleist 906F2 15* YS6+ FW S           Callaway Warbird 3, 5, & 7 Woods Memphis 10 Steel

Callaway Epic Flash 7 Wood UST Attas 4U 8S            Titleist 906F4 18.5* NV 75 FW S       PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Titleist 915H 24* & 27* DG S300                                  Titleist 904F 22* DG S300                PING Eye 2 XG 56* & 60* DG S300

PING i210 6-UW DG TI S400                                         Mizuno MP30 4-PW DGS300           PING Sigma Tyne H

PING Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54* & 58* DG TI S400                Mizuno T20 54* & 60* DG TI S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball Blade w/Triple Track          Odyssey White Steel #5

Quick fix to try to make it less noticeable is put some white cloth first aid tape over it. Otherwise it is an easy fix. Joint compound (probably three coats), drywall sanding block, and paint. Likely won't need any drywall tape and might not even need paint because the joint compound might be really close to color of wall. Can also get fast setting joint compound but really have to work fast with that stuff.  

Tell her the important thing is that the big nasty looking spider is dead, right? She wouldn't want those spiders living by her treadmill...

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Toski 4w 16* w/ DG S300

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Odyssey White Hot XG #1 w/ SuperStroke jumbo