Jump to content

Olympics Golf


Oneput
 Share

Recommended Posts

BTW, think you'll find it isn't a typhoon, it is a tropical storm:

image.png.90eab36d5ce79164af95e9c2eeb7beec.png

 

was an expected typhoon that was downgraded some days ago.

Srixon Z785 10.5° XCaliber T6+ S 44.5” //  Cobra F8 14.5° XCaliber FW S 43” //  Cobra F7 18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX85 S 42.5” //  Titleist 818H1 19° @ 21° Project X EvenFlow 6.0 S 90G 40.5” // Srixon Z565 4, 6-PW Nippon N.S. Pro 980GH DST S // Cleveland CBX 50.11 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  Wilson Infinite The Bean 34" Super Stroke 2.0XL+//  Titleist Pro V1 //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Cwebb said:

Just wondering if I need to start the DVR recording sooner than what is listed

 

Certainly wouldn't hurt.

 

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311XP Gen3 6, 0311P Gen3 7-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

 

Hmmm, I dunno about that putting part. Yes, there are days when her putter is hot. However, there are days when it's a mini ice age. She's 13th in putts per GIR, and 19th in putting average. Very respectable, but given her ballstriking, they should be much better.

 

Still don't have proximity to the hole stats correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Still don't have proximity to the hole stats correct? 

 

Not yet. Bummer. 

  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311XP Gen3 6, 0311P Gen3 7-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stooch said:

lol I just happen to be lurking after a couple months of not checking in here, good timing I guess.  Enjoy these stats for the one time they will be available for women 🙂

Golf - Women's Individual Stroke Play Player Statistics | Tokyo 2020 (olympics.com)

 

Hey, it's about time for you to rescue Brooke from the oblivion!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stooch said:

lol I just happen to be lurking after a couple months of not checking in here, good timing I guess.  Enjoy these stats for the one time they will be available for women 🙂

Golf - Women's Individual Stroke Play Player Statistics | Tokyo 2020 (olympics.com)

You're alive!! Welcome back

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I'm still kicking lol.  Although I don't have much to add to the convo anymore.  Round 1 of the Olympics is the 1st round of LPGA golf I've watched since the Meijer and once Brooke started putting like an NCAA Freshmen (something she didn't even do at 17), I skipped the 2nd round.  When the LPGA made half the TV content unavailable to Canada for the KPMG, it pushed past the point of no return.  Canada + watching LPGA = frustration and anger is not the business model you really want but it does seem to be the default position for Millennials, so maybe it is. lol  When you lose the interest of the converted whose watched LPGA for decades you're probably not something right.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Yes, I'm still kicking lol.  Although I don't have much to add to the convo anymore.  Round 1 of the Olympics is the 1st round of LPGA golf I've watched since the Meijer and once Brooke started putting like an NCAA Freshmen (something she didn't even do at 17), I skipped the 2nd round.  When the LPGA made half the TV content unavailable to Canada for the KPMG, it pushed past the point of no return.  Canada + watching LPGA = frustration and anger is not the business model you really want but it does seem to be the default position for Millennials, so maybe it is. lol  When you lose the interest of the converted whose watched LPGA for decades you're probably not something right.

Don't give up yet Stooch, fight the good fight!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Yes, I'm still kicking lol.  Although I don't have much to add to the convo anymore.  Round 1 of the Olympics is the 1st round of LPGA golf I've watched since the Meijer and once Brooke started putting like an NCAA Freshmen (something she didn't even do at 17), I skipped the 2nd round.  When the LPGA made half the TV content unavailable to Canada for the KPMG, it pushed past the point of no return.  Canada + watching LPGA = frustration and anger is not the business model you really want but it does seem to be the default position for Millennials, so maybe it is. lol  When you lose the interest of the converted whose watched LPGA for decades you're probably not something right.

 

Yeah, the whole streaming thing leaves a lot to be desired. The US Women's Amateur is on Peacock, while we're treated to the Baracuda. Pfffttt. 

 

  • Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311XP Gen3 6, 0311P Gen3 7-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Brooke started putting like an NCAA Freshmen (something she didn't even do at 17), I skipped the 2nd round. 

 

 

I feel your pain!  I haven't seen Brooke as mediocre as it has been.  She added only 32.27 Rolex Points in the last twelve tournaments since she won in Los Angeles.  By comparison, she won 62.00 in LA.

 

Although, all great players have navigated through down periods.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 18majors said:

 

 

I feel your pain!  I haven't seen Brooke as mediocre as it has been.  She added only 32.27 Rolex Points in the last twelve tournaments since she won in Los Angeles.  By comparison, she won 62.00 in LA.

 

Although, all great players have navigated through down periods.

It's only one thing IMO the putter, sure she'll have a bad day with the driver or the irons but the putter exasperates it.  She would always have those rounds where driver or irons were off but depending on the course she would get out of it at EVEN to about -2 now it's results in +2 or worse and it's hard to make up for a round like that up.  The driver been a bit off but I'm thinking like she has mentioned she's working with a new driver before the hammer drops on the 48" driver, so perhaps right now she's caught in the middle sorta trying to adjust.

 

My advice to Brooke, after today pull the pin on her season, spend the 2K for the pleasure of staying the quarantine hotel and then spend a couple months with her parents, she probably only seen them 2 weeks since the British last year.  Being isolated from friends and family is probably starting to take it's toll.  I think the putting thing is more mental and becomes a self for filling prophesy in a negative way because of the loss of confidence.  So get right and feel better mentally and come back nest season or for the tour Finale if she feels like it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Stooch said:

My advice to Brooke, after today pull the pin on her season, spend the 2K for the pleasure of staying the quarantine hotel and then spend a couple months with her parents, she probably only seen them 2 weeks since the British last year.  Being isolated from friends and family is probably starting to take it's toll.  I think the putting thing is more mental and becomes a self for filling prophesy in a negative way because of the loss of confidence.  So get right and feel better mentally and come back nest season or for the tour Finale if she feels like it.

 

That's dramatic, to say the least!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 18majors said:

 

That's dramatic, to say the least!

 

Why? a whole bunch of other players have done it, Koreans players and Hannah Green just did it.  Who cares about the rest of the events this season and honestly they will probably be a covid restriction nightmares.  I say chillout cause her game is in the wilderness, so take a step back clear your head and come back when she's in a better space.  She doesn't owe the LPGA anything, especially seeing she was the only lucky one to be refused the chance to qualify for the Symetra tour at 17 but any player with much less of an amateur resume gets to as long as they aren't from Canada lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

They're not talking about cutting the tournament to 54 holes because of the heat and/or humidity. A typhoon is bearing down on Tokyo. There will likely be 40+ mph winds. As much as I want to see four full rounds, I don't like the idea of a crapshoot where some players catch a break with the weather, but the leaders bear the worst of it.

 

Good point. I've been in Typhoons in Tokyo and the rain is astonishing...literally comes down in buckets. You can't see 20 yards in front of you. It would be impossible to play in that kind of rain...the bunkers would fill up and the greens would be under water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My DVR is showing 8.5 hours of coverage. Oy. I'm going to need a thumb transplant after this week. Lol. 

 

  • Haha 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311XP Gen3 6, 0311P Gen3 7-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stooch said:

It's only one thing IMO the putter, sure she'll have a bad day with the driver or the irons but the putter exasperates it.  She would always have those rounds where driver or irons were off but depending on the course she would get out of it at EVEN to about -2 now it's results in +2 or worse and it's hard to make up for a round like that up.  The driver been a bit off but I'm thinking like she has mentioned she's working with a new driver before the hammer drops on the 48" driver, so perhaps right now she's caught in the middle sorta trying to adjust.

 

My advice to Brooke, after today pull the pin on her season, spend the 2K for the pleasure of staying the quarantine hotel and then spend a couple months with her parents, she probably only seen them 2 weeks since the British last year.  Being isolated from friends and family is probably starting to take it's toll.  I think the putting thing is more mental and becomes a self for filling prophesy in a negative way because of the loss of confidence.  So get right and feel better mentally and come back nest season or for the tour Finale if she feels like it.

This reminds me of two other players who starting winning at such a young age, the burnout is real. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

This reminds me of two other players who starting winning at such a young age, the burnout is real. 

I think it's more ebbs and flows, it's not like she's playing any worse than Sei Young Kim this season.  But I never say never as Yani Tseng exists lol  Like I said she's been trapped in the US for a year and only has seen her parents for 2 weeks.  When not usually quarantined on the road she's alone in Florida, so I say take a break and recharge, she been playing like a nutjob since she got on tour anyway, maybe time to step back for a few months lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's in the upper 90s, and the heat index is pushing 110. 

 

So, who was the Einstein who thought black hats would be a good idea? 

 

  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311XP Gen3 6, 0311P Gen3 7-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

It's in the upper 90s, and the heat index is pushing 110. 

 

So, who was the Einstein who thought black hats would be a good idea? 

 

I hate humidity when I'm golfing, although it does loosen up my shoulder, the 2nd thing I hate most when golfing, well the next 2 days after anyways lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

I have a different view to maybe most on this thread about 54 holes to decide this result.

 

It's just not in the Olympic spirit, everything should be done to play the 72 holes for this.

 

You have Saturday and Sunday, use every minute of time to get 72 holes completed, obviously in a safe manner, no playing through  lightening or thunder to put the players at risk.

 

Who cares if they wait around, you want an Olympic medal, you just do it. Think of the great feats of endurance in Olympic events down the decades and what do we have now, a bunch of pampered powder puffs who complain about the heat. Why didn't you prepare properly?

 

Some of the players have made a big effort in understanding the expected conditions and preparing themselves mentally and physically to cope with them. Some missed The Evian to give their best here. Maybe some have just turned up because they got a position and their prep is just their normal practice prep. Olympic participation is about giving everything during the event and in the years leading up to it.

 

Golf won't be taken seriously as a real Olympic sport unless the players sacrifice and complete the event IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.  Find a way. Tee off at day break, get an hours play in between storms. Oh it's too hot, too uncomfortable - well, you're not running a marathon, are you? Sacrifice for a medal, for your country.

 

The weather is unfortunate but just do everything to get this done.

 

I'm dismayed about how blasé people are about this. It's the Olympics, the pinnacle of sports sacrifice and achievement......obviously not for golf. 

Don’t think you’ve ever been in a typhoon 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      General Albums - 
       
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #4
       
       
      WITB Albums - 
       
      Hideki Matsuyama - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sung Kang - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Adam Long - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Brandon Wu - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Xander Schauffele - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Daniel Berger - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      James Hahn - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Phil Mickelson - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Cameron Champ - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Kyle Stanley - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums - 
       
      New Super Stroke grip - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Tour Aim alignment aids - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Swag Golf: Hideki's caddie bowing at Augusta, signed headcovers – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Dylan Frittelli's Callaway Apex TCB Sand Wedge (1-of-1 proto) – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Bryson DeChambeau's Cobra King LTDx 5-degree driver – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      NeuroPeak Pro NTel Belt - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      JumboMax JMX Zen Lite grips – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
      Cameron Champ WITB has the new Ping i525

       
      Bryson's WITB has the new Cobra LTDx Driver 

       
      Phils new Rogue Driver

       
      Bryson's LAGolf Shaft in the driver

       
      Xander has the triple diamond "S" driver

       
      New SuperStroke grips for 2022

       
      • 7 replies
    • 2022 The American Express WITB Photos (Spotted: New gear for 2022) - Discussion & Links
      Please put and comments or questions here
       
       
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2022 American Express
      New Taylor-Made putters - 2022 American Express
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 American Express
      New Axis 1 model putter - - 2022 American Express
      Patrick Cantlay - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Mitsubishi MMT putter shaft - 2022 American Express
      Ping putter - 2022 American Express
      Abraham Ancer - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Jason Dufner - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2022 American Express
      The Surgeon 6109 wedge - 2022 American Express
      LA Golf "DJ Series" shafts (2022 American Express)
       
       
       
      2022 American Express - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      • 40 replies
    • Sony Open Pics from January 11, 2022 Part 1
      I was able to get out to the Sony Open today to take a few pics.  I guess due to Covid precautions they kept the spectators pretty far from the players.  Also due to camera restrictions they've put in place, I wasn't able to bring the big lens like I normally do. Hopefully they'll ease up on the ropes and I'll be able to get more pics tomorrow!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • 2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max driver
       

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver
       
      2021 Callaway Rogue ST Max 
       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS

       
      Rogue ST exploded views
        • Like
      • 206 replies
    • Titleist Vokey SM9 Link on Wedge Works Coming Soon- UPDATED Pics Added Pg 4
      Looks like there is a link on Titleist Wedge Works for the new Vokey SM9, but doesn't show any photos yet.
       
      https://www.vokey.com/product/WM137.html#start=4
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 237 replies

×
×
  • Create New...