The Olympics Men’s Golf 2020/21

MattyO1984

3 minutes ago, Dave230 said:

I’ve heard that, shocking and frustrating. There was no golf on Irish TV the first day but this morning they showed the end of McIlroy and Lowry’s rounds live which was nice. Imagine they will show it at the weekend as it’s a good medal chance for us.

It has been beyond woeful, literally little point in them even acknowledging that it is going ahead for as much as they show of it. I have genuinely seen more coverage of dancing horses than I have of golf so far. 

Titleist TS3 8.5*
Titleist 915Fd 15*
Titleist U510 1 Iron
Titleist T100 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2021

1 hour ago, nick_CO said:

I was cracking up at how ridiculous those Italian kits look. The trucker flap girls are hilarious. 

...you guys know that that brand -- Kappa...has been around for a very long time dont you?

#themoreyouknow

SiM2 / 9* / TZ6 65M5 tipped 1"

SiM2 Ti / 5w (set 1 tick lower loft) / TZ6 85M5 tipped 1"

SiM Max 3H / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX

TI Apex TCB / 3-PW / Modus 130X

RTX Zipcore Black / 50,54,60 / KBS Tour X/S+

Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"  & Spider EX Navy / 36"

1 hour ago, Titleist84 said:

How you define best golfers?  The players that chose to play on the US  team are at the top of the world golf rankings for American players.   You can't force players to play if they choose not to.

To me it would be the leading major winners in my book.  You’d need DJ , Brooks , Spieth , and Colin. He’s the only one I see as being the right one.  As much as I like both Xander snd Reed , neither qualify over the 4 above. In my opinion.  

• Like 1

TM Stealth +  8* Kai li 60x 

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125 TX 

Very sm7 50* edel sms 54* 58* MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

1 minute ago, dalehead said:

So you think the real reason Rory is not wearing a hat is???

Right.  The whole “ doesn’t want to display the Irish logo “ thing doesn’t work. If so he’d  also be shirtless.  

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

15 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Right.  The whole “ doesn’t want to display the Irish logo “ thing doesn’t work. If so he’d  also be shirtless.  

Not to mention that Rory made the same comment back in 2016 when he went hatless in the Ryder Cup:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2016/12/27/rory-mcilroy-has-a-perfectly-reasonable-and-hilarious-explanation-for-not-wearing-a-hat-during-the-ryder-cup/95881872/

The darkest conspiracy theory I can come up with is that he just really doesn't like wearing hats, but doesn't want people to view him as a sell-out for wearing them anyways to get the sponsorship money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhostherealSlimShady said:

No idea, but the hat not fitting in BS for sure...

Maybe he doesn't like wearing a hat, and since he has no sponsor requirement for the Olympics and the Ryder Cup he chooses not to wear one?  Rory likes sporting the hatless '70s style when Jack, Watson and all they guys with shaggy hair didn't like getting hat head.  🙂  Just a theory.  I have a buddy who never wears a hat while playing, just doesn't like them.  

• Like 2

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

8 minutes ago, SirFuego said:

Not to mention that Rory made the same comment back in 2016 when he went hatless in the Ryder Cup:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2016/12/27/rory-mcilroy-has-a-perfectly-reasonable-and-hilarious-explanation-for-not-wearing-a-hat-during-the-ryder-cup/95881872/

The darkest conspiracy theory I can come up with is that he just really doesn't like wearing hats, but doesn't want people to view him as a sell-out for wearing them anyways to get the sponsorship money.

Yep.  And I get that.  I’m not a big hat fan. Only recently started wearing one for sun exposure reasons.  But it’s more comfortable with no hat and just  sunglasses.  I hate wearing both.  I have thick hair and it’s a constant itch and fidget.  

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

I dislike wearing hats...but if a sponsor paid me, I would quickly change my tune.  Rory can't be the only pro who dislikes wearing them...aside from Robert Rock!

I've never been a huge fan of the baseball cap being adopted by every sport, and in everyday wear...but clearly I'm in a tiny minority here.

But I draw the line at the backwards baseball cap...which should ONLY be worn by catchers.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, manku said:

I dislike wearing hats...but if a sponsor paid me, I would quickly change my tune.  Rory can't be the only pro who dislikes wearing them...aside from Robert Rock!

I've never been a huge fan of the baseball cap being adopted by every sport, and in everyday wear...but clearly I'm in a tiny minority here.

But I draw the line at the backwards baseball cap...which should ONLY be worn by catchers.   

A club of two at least.  I hear you on every point.  

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

3 hours ago, manku said:

Don't forget Ollie Schniederjans.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/why-does-ollie-schniederjans-not-wear-a-hat/

Even though he signed with Callaway, Schniederjans explained why he still won't wear a hat. "I stopped wearing a hat when I quit baseball when I was 12," said Schniederjans. "I never liked wearing a hat. And it's just me doing me, and I'm comfortable with it. And I don't feel like changing a whole lot because I'm professional. I like how I feel and look, and I haven't worn a hat since I was 12, so I didn't feel like throwing one on right now." “There are things more important than sponsors,” he added later. 

Capture.PNG.6141ccee2d7dc248ba4ef2547b00fbdd.PNG

Edited by grm24

6 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

It has been beyond woeful, literally little point in them even acknowledging that it is going ahead for as much as they show of it. I have genuinely seen more coverage of dancing horses than I have of golf so far. 

Forget the BBC for coverage. Eurosport red button or app has a dedicated option of racket sports & golf. 

2 hours ago, grm24 said:

Don't forget Ollie Schniederjans.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/why-does-ollie-schniederjans-not-wear-a-hat/

Even though he signed with Callaway, Schniederjans explained why he still won't wear a hat. "I stopped wearing a hat when I quit baseball when I was 12," said Schniederjans. "I never liked wearing a hat. And it's just me doing me, and I'm comfortable with it. And I don't feel like changing a whole lot because I'm professional. I like how I feel and look, and I haven't worn a hat since I was 12, so I didn't feel like throwing one on right now." “There are things more important than sponsors,” he added later. 

Capture.PNG.6141ccee2d7dc248ba4ef2547b00fbdd.PNG

I can't imagine dying on the hill of decisions I made when I was 12 for the rest of my life. Not to mention the very real threat of melanoma that golfers deal with spending so much time in the sun. Very silly of Ollie. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DFS PFD said:

I can't imagine dying on the hill of decisions I made when I was 12 for the rest of my life. Not to mention the very real threat of melanoma that golfers deal with spending so much time in the sun. Very silly of Ollie. 

It’s funny, Ollie wears a hat out in public all the time. He said he doesn’t like wearing one while playing because he feels like he’s looking at the bill when addressing the ball 

Edited by Creedo77

I'd give anything to see Si Woo Kim and Sungjae Im in a playoff for the bronze medal.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway Epic Max LS* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW KBS Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/[email protected] & 61/[email protected] Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Ricky Johnson 506 Wide Body No. 2 Raw LA Golf TPZ One35 Black
Titleist Pro V1x #13

53 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Zinger gets a lead medal. Man. They should pay him not to talk. 

And is that….

Rory Sabatini?

6CC2E223-5ADB-4469-840B-591452CCB218.jpeg

Thank god, thought I was going crazy. Zinger needs a muzzle. Guy is just awful and doesn't have to explain everything with some Feherety type d-bag response.

• Like 1

Adams 9064LS  - Driver
Adams 4060  - 3W

Maltby TS-1  - 3-PW

Maltby TSW Forged  - 50/56

22 minutes ago, farmer said:

In a purely real estate measure, what is that golf course worth?  I've seen staggering numbers about LACC, in Japan, an hour outside Tokyo, the value could be even greater.

Ha! Heard a story (it was a 3 or 4 decades ago) about Japanese land prices. Australia had its Embassy in Tokyo. They had it for decades. Was almost a whole city block. They decided to re-do their building, sold off half their land (they didn't think they needed that much space, so they kind of cut their embassy in half).

So, with the money they made from half of block in Tokyo, they paid off the entire Australian national debt. Land is ridiculous. 

You can easily get a 40 year mortgage for a decent house in some cities - multi-generational ... on your death, your children will inherit both the house and the rest of the mortgage payments. Which is nothing ... in the 1980s and 90s, the 100 year mortgage was created (seriously). Its not really around anymore, but ... man, Japan is an odd place.

Titleist TSi3 10.25* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 15* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 18* ~ Tensei AV Blue

Titleist TSi2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Blue

Mizuno MP-20 MMC, 4 - PW ~ KBS $-Taper 120

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST Pured

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST Pured

Scotty Special Select Newport 2.5

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 ball