PXG policies may ruin the company

joegolf68

Eventually, other club makers will catch up to PXG iron quality. Once done, customers will happily leave in droves. I’ve never dealt with a more obtuse group of customer service policies. I want PXG to succeed. I’m hoping they become the new standard. However, I’m writing my severely critical reviews in hopes of waking someone up at PXG. I want to help them, not hurt them. I’ve bought property near their Scottsdale location (Fountain Hills will be my new address)

if they want a go-getter to help straighten out their problems, I’ll be glad to do it for free. They need better rep training and a thorough review of all customer service policies. 

My experience with PXG:

have purchased the 0211 irons five months ago. I then bought the Gen 4 0311 irons. 
I could write a 45 minute essay on how terrible PXGs customer service has treated me. They have fitters that didn’t know who I should go to for changing swingweights. Same problem with phone customer service. The reps are untrained (the two that I spoke to on consecutive days. 
The club fitter was just in a hurry to order my clubs and get his commission. If he did things right, I could have ordered what length and swingweight I wanted. Instead, I must pay to return the irons and pay a $50 labor charge. 
I can’t believe how PXG treats customers like we are cheap jerks trying to get something for nothing. When they reply to my specific problems via email, I get a two line canned response. Instead of truly answering my issues, they act like drones that can’t waiver from their horrible policies. They don’t show any effort to understand my issues and work with me as a real person with real issues that should be handled by using common sense as applying justice. They are like a bank that clings to some strict wording in their boiler plate rules. 
as I said, their customer service is the worst I’ve ever dealt with. I certainly don’t feel like I’m dealing with a high end company and have paid top dollar for my purchases. 
mid the 
I can’t believe the CEO knows how badly their customers feel they’ve been treated. They have built zero loyalty with me towards their company. I am making a mission to warn as many people as possible how I’ve been treated. 
I haven’t included all issues I’ve suffered through with PXG. There have been four or five. I hope Mr Parson looks into his customer service department to clean it up. It would require training the reps and allow them to solve problems using common sense instead of cutting and pasting their replies to customers. It would cost a few more bucks but the returns in customer satisfaction would be worth ten time more money than the pay now. 

also, I can’t believe they deny customers the ability to change swingweights themselves. They give a half-assed reason saying they want to protect us from screwing up and having different swingweights for different clubs. That’s my choice. I don’t need another protecting me from my own stupidity, they imply as much. 
this was the whole reason for having adjustable weights on back of their irons. Also, they say that once the weights have been changed, they are locked down and can’t be altered again. WTF?

16 minutes ago, joegolf68 said:

Eventually, other club makers will catch up to PXG iron quality. Once done, customers will happily leave in droves. I’ve never dealt with a more obtuse group of customer service policies. I want PXG to succeed. I’m hoping they become the new standard. However, I’m writing my severely critical reviews in hopes of waking someone up at PXG. I want to help them, not hurt them. I’ve bought property near their Scottsdale location (Fountain Hills will be my new address)

if they want a go-getter to help straighten out their problems, I’ll be glad to do it for free. They need better rep training and a thorough review of all customer service policies. 

My experience with PXG:

have purchased the 0211 irons five months ago. I then bought the Gen 4 0311 irons. 
I could write a 45 minute essay on how terrible PXGs customer service has treated me. They have fitters that didn’t know who I should go to for changing swingweights. Same problem with phone customer service. The reps are untrained (the two that I spoke to on consecutive days. 
The club fitter was just in a hurry to order my clubs and get his commission. If he did things right, I could have ordered what length and swingweight I wanted. Instead, I must pay to return the irons and pay a $50 labor charge. 
I can’t believe how PXG treats customers like we are cheap jerks trying to get something for nothing. When they reply to my specific problems via email, I get a two line canned response. Instead of truly answering my issues, they act like drones that can’t waiver from their horrible policies. They don’t show any effort to understand my issues and work with me as a real person with real issues that should be handled by using common sense as applying justice. They are like a bank that clings to some strict wording in their boiler plate rules. 
as I said, their customer service is the worst I’ve ever dealt with. I certainly don’t feel like I’m dealing with a high end company and have paid top dollar for my purchases. 
mid the 
I can’t believe the CEO knows how badly their customers feel they’ve been treated. They have built zero loyalty with me towards their company. I am making a mission to warn as many people as possible how I’ve been treated. 
I haven’t included all issues I’ve suffered through with PXG. There have been four or five. I hope Mr Parson looks into his customer service department to clean it up. It would require training the reps and allow them to solve problems using common sense instead of cutting and pasting their replies to customers. It would cost a few more bucks but the returns in customer satisfaction would be worth ten time more money than the pay now. 

also, I can’t believe they deny customers the ability to change swingweights themselves. They give a half-assed reason saying they want to protect us from screwing up and having different swingweights for different clubs. That’s my choice. I don’t need another protecting me from my own stupidity, they imply as much. 
this was the whole reason for having adjustable weights on back of their irons. Also, they say that once the weights have been changed, they are locked down and can’t be altered again. WTF?

Who is this Parson? Is it a religious experience to deal with PXG?

Sadly (or not), our store has been the benefactor of poorly built PXG products.  But, first, I get the barring wanting outside agents to change their clubs.  It's a business decision they made and it is, what it is.  But we spend time fixing irons and adjusting what we can.  Our builder is grateful.

All that said, the product is actually quite good and every company can improve on their customer service from the people on the phones to the builders.  Not every company gets it right all the time.  Other than that, I don't know if their business model is good or bad, but for what they're doing, they're making product available for more people than most originally thought, myself included.

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

10 minutes ago, Pittknife said:

Not sure why you think other companies have to catch up to PXG for irons...... Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Ping and a bunch more or way further advanced in technology and design than PXG. 

Just because they charge more doesn't mean they are half as good in quality or design.....

I've been playing PXG irons since they came out and love them. But I don't think they are way ahead of the other OEM's. Nor are the other OEM's further advanced than PXG. They ALL put out quality clubs and they ALL have issues from time to time.

• Like 2

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

They cater to a certain person in a certain income bracket.  Odds are a majority of the PXG players wouldn't have a clue if they had a club with a weight of C9 or D5.  Most OEM's aren't great about nailing swing weight, they're in the assembly line production type business.  If you need a precise swing weight always go through a local builder or a company like ClubChampion. It just kind of is what it is.  PXG will be just fine with or without your business, a player like you is probably costing them money by the sounds of it so they'd more than likely want you to look elsewhere. 

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

First, all other OEM's have caught up or surpassed PXG (that's subjective). After owning a Gen 1 iron, I concluded they were okay, but I should have purchased the Apex irons in 2016. You can't really vary the weighting without extreme difficulty. So a selling point of customization is lost or misleading.

When PXG abandoned club fitters to go exclusively in-house, they no doubt increased sales by lowering the price of some clubs, but lost quality. I've heard complaints about their service dept since they opened up in 2015.

They are good clubs, loved the first gen hybrid, but be prepared for inconsistency. If I were buying them, I'd get the club in the shaft weight I wanted and then take them to a club fitter to get rebuilt to your specs.

Edited by SwingMan

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

5 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

Exactly - their club heads are made for pennies on the dollar in China just like most other OEMS. The fact that they don't even offer a one piece forged CB and MB kills all credibility of high quality clubs designed for good players.

So Ping  wasn't designing clubs for good players for years?  Ping didn't offer any forgings between the 1960's and the 2010's.  They also didn't have any MB irons for years and years  (if you don't consider the blueprint irons and i500 irons MB's, then that time goes even longer).  

• Like 3

My first question is, how specific are you trying to be? Most of the major OEMs don’t take swing weight requests. Anything adjustable is so that they can back to their standard swing weights with length and shaft changes. 

Next questions would be, how specific are you being with lengths? Again, outside of +/-0.5, +/-1, etc. their standard major OEMs aren’t going to take builds at specific lengths for each iron. 

This is why custom build shops still exist. 

Edited by MPAndreassi
  • Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

39 minutes ago, Pittknife said:

Not sure why you think other companies have to catch up to PXG for irons...... Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Ping and a bunch more or way further advanced in technology and design than PXG. 

Just because they charge more doesn't mean they are half as good in quality or design.....

Is Mike Nicolette still there?  He is great at what he does, but it's my understanding at PXG he was very limited and could only produce designs Parsons approved, regardless if he could come up with something better.

Edited by Anser3

40 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Who is this Parson? Is it a religious experience to deal with PXG?

??  I’ve never had a religious experience. But I have experienced people who think that being anonymous is a green light for writing whatever snide remark that comes to mind. 
These are just golf clubs. Their injecting system into the iron’s cavity to increase COR is a major innovation in my opinion. Gives me 10 more yards. Some of that is from increasing club length though. 
I hope every company continues to improve. Be a nicer person. It’s free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Read the OP. Still not sure what the original problem was with his clubs. 

Whatever it is, it was a big enough problem for him to come here and spam the forums....

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

3 minutes ago, Anser3 said:

So Ping  wasn't designing clubs for good players for years?  Ping didn't offer any forgings between the 1960's and the 2010's.  They also didn't have any MB irons for years and years  (if you don't consider the blueprint irons and i500 irons MB's, then that time goes even longer).  

Yes - I would say that they were focused on game improvement and making forgiving clubs for weaker golfers for a long time. It was also a different era with technology and materials and general knowledge about the game. The Blueprints were a direct result of tour players asking for a forged blade option and Ping delivered a great product for good players.

20 minutes ago, Anser3 said:

But for decades, Ping cast their club in the USA and they did not have "hot spots."

Since PXG designers are former Ping guys, they have good clubs, the current ones get excellent reviews. But CS seems an issue.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

As to swing weight, from experience, Mizuno and Callaway (the ones I have dealt with) attempt to get your swing weight and when they can, they've done a decent job. BUT I usually get my irons custom. Now I get my wedges, irons, and hybrids as custom. That leaves driver and fairways and I can have a pro club maker change the weights and shafts to customize them.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

8 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

Yes - I would say that they were focused on game improvement and making forgiving clubs for weaker golfers for a long time. It was also a different era with technology and materials and general knowledge about the game. The Blueprints were a direct result of tour players asking for a forged blade option and Ping delivered a great product for good players.

It was also shocking and impressive to see how many PGA bags the Eye 2's were in back in that era.  I believe even Tiger had them in his bag for a while when he was a young amateur. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Currently play PXG irons and 5 wood.  I've only gone through the store nearby which has some excellent fitters.  The fittings and builds have been precise and without error.  Haven't had to go through their customer service at all, which is lucky for me on two levels it seems.

• Like 1

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

10 minutes ago, MountainKing said:

It was also shocking and impressive to see how many PGA bags the Eye 2's were in back in that era.  I believe even Tiger had them in his bag for a while when he was a young amateur. 

Yeah they are amazing clubs. They are also true CB's which every company (except PXG) still offers to players.

• Like 1

As far as quality, PXG has run of the mill China-produced cast irons. Nothing to see here.

As far as marketing, PXG adheres to the time-worn approach of charging more in recognition that most consumers assume that a higher priced item is better quality than an identical (or better quality) item that is lower priced. This has been proven over and over again with blind A/B testing with goods such as wine and stereo equipment.

This thread is simply a big yawn.

bored samson & gert GIF by vrt

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, joegolf68 said:

Can’t make lemonade with anything that sour. 

Not sour. I have no issue with anyone spending their money as they please, but if it looks like an elephant, sounds like an elephant and smells like an elephant, it's probably an elephant. 

Edited by TheDeanAbides
  • Confused 1

Sorry to hear about your experience.  There are other golf companies that share a very similar company theme when it comes customer service.  This next comment has nothing to do with PXG directly, just adding empathy to the OP's struggle in general.  

Some of the best products in the world come from companies with a "we will tell the customer what is right and what is wrong" attitude.  It's like what Henry Ford said long ago, and I'm paraphrasing, if he listened to customers he would have built faster horses. Those types of companies don't do market research and they don't want customer feedback.  The way they see it, it's a privilege to be able to buy their product.  

• Like 1