2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG policies may ruin the company

joegolf68

18 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

Yeah they are amazing clubs. They are also true CB's which every company (except PXG) still offers to players.

I had them in my bag for 20 years, probably the best irons in the history of golf IMO.  

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I am confused here, what is the OP problem? Swingweight? I had a great experience with them, knew my specs, called them and had set of irons in a few days!! Insane shipping speed and the irons feel great!

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

1 minute ago, joegolf68 said:

At time of order, I was told that I could not order a specific swing weight.  Your reading skills is indicative of a public school education. 😲

Lol. Your wall of text post is convoluted and a total mess. Nowhere is it clear that you believe you were misled.

And if you were told that you couldn’t order swing weights, you were gullible, at best, to have believed that and proceeded with an order.

1 hour ago, ChipStrokes said:

if you hate the company so much why did you go back and buy a second set of irons from them?

Stockholm Syndrome? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

19 minutes ago, joegolf68 said:

At time of order, I was told that I could not order a specific swing weight.  Your reading skills is indicative of a public school education. 😲

So now you’re flaming public schools.

Maybe go back to bed for the day?

• Like 1

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

2 hours ago, joegolf68 said:

Eventually, other club makers will catch up to PXG iron quality. Once done, customers will happily leave in droves. I’ve never dealt with a more obtuse group of customer service policies. I want PXG to succeed. I’m hoping they become the new standard. However, I’m writing my severely critical reviews in hopes of waking someone up at PXG. I want to help them, not hurt them. I’ve bought property near their Scottsdale location (Fountain Hills will be my new address)

if they want a go-getter to help straighten out their problems, I’ll be glad to do it for free. They need better rep training and a thorough review of all customer service policies. 

My experience with PXG:

have purchased the 0211 irons five months ago. I then bought the Gen 4 0311 irons. 
I could write a 45 minute essay on how terrible PXGs customer service has treated me. They have fitters that didn’t know who I should go to for changing swingweights. Same problem with phone customer service. The reps are untrained (the two that I spoke to on consecutive days. 
The club fitter was just in a hurry to order my clubs and get his commission. If he did things right, I could have ordered what length and swingweight I wanted. Instead, I must pay to return the irons and pay a $50 labor charge. 
I can’t believe how PXG treats customers like we are cheap jerks trying to get something for nothing. When they reply to my specific problems via email, I get a two line canned response. Instead of truly answering my issues, they act like drones that can’t waiver from their horrible policies. They don’t show any effort to understand my issues and work with me as a real person with real issues that should be handled by using common sense as applying justice. They are like a bank that clings to some strict wording in their boiler plate rules. 
as I said, their customer service is the worst I’ve ever dealt with. I certainly don’t feel like I’m dealing with a high end company and have paid top dollar for my purchases. 
mid the 
I can’t believe the CEO knows how badly their customers feel they’ve been treated. They have built zero loyalty with me towards their company. I am making a mission to warn as many people as possible how I’ve been treated. 
I haven’t included all issues I’ve suffered through with PXG. There have been four or five. I hope Mr Parson looks into his customer service department to clean it up. It would require training the reps and allow them to solve problems using common sense instead of cutting and pasting their replies to customers. It would cost a few more bucks but the returns in customer satisfaction would be worth ten time more money than the pay now. 

also, I can’t believe they deny customers the ability to change swingweights themselves. They give a half-assed reason saying they want to protect us from screwing up and having different swingweights for different clubs. That’s my choice. I don’t need another protecting me from my own stupidity, they imply as much. 
this was the whole reason for having adjustable weights on back of their irons. Also, they say that once the weights have been changed, they are locked down and can’t be altered again. WTF?

And we all thought that their cheesy looking golf clubs being hawked by a lunatic would do them in. 🙄

• Like 1

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

2 hours ago, joegolf68 said:

Eventually, other club makers will catch up to PXG iron quality. Once done, customers will happily leave in droves. I’ve never dealt with a more obtuse group of customer service policies. I want PXG to succeed. I’m hoping they become the new standard. However, I’m writing my severely critical reviews in hopes of waking someone up at PXG. I want to help them, not hurt them. I’ve bought property near their Scottsdale location (Fountain Hills will be my new address)

if they want a go-getter to help straighten out their problems, I’ll be glad to do it for free. They need better rep training and a thorough review of all customer service policies. 

My experience with PXG:

have purchased the 0211 irons five months ago. I then bought the Gen 4 0311 irons. 
I could write a 45 minute essay on how terrible PXGs customer service has treated me. They have fitters that didn’t know who I should go to for changing swingweights. Same problem with phone customer service. The reps are untrained (the two that I spoke to on consecutive days. 
The club fitter was just in a hurry to order my clubs and get his commission. If he did things right, I could have ordered what length and swingweight I wanted. Instead, I must pay to return the irons and pay a $50 labor charge. 
I can’t believe how PXG treats customers like we are cheap jerks trying to get something for nothing. When they reply to my specific problems via email, I get a two line canned response. Instead of truly answering my issues, they act like drones that can’t waiver from their horrible policies. They don’t show any effort to understand my issues and work with me as a real person with real issues that should be handled by using common sense as applying justice. They are like a bank that clings to some strict wording in their boiler plate rules. 
as I said, their customer service is the worst I’ve ever dealt with. I certainly don’t feel like I’m dealing with a high end company and have paid top dollar for my purchases. 
mid the 
I can’t believe the CEO knows how badly their customers feel they’ve been treated. They have built zero loyalty with me towards their company. I am making a mission to warn as many people as possible how I’ve been treated. 
I haven’t included all issues I’ve suffered through with PXG. There have been four or five. I hope Mr Parson looks into his customer service department to clean it up. It would require training the reps and allow them to solve problems using common sense instead of cutting and pasting their replies to customers. It would cost a few more bucks but the returns in customer satisfaction would be worth ten time more money than the pay now. 

also, I can’t believe they deny customers the ability to change swingweights themselves. They give a half-assed reason saying they want to protect us from screwing up and having different swingweights for different clubs. That’s my choice. I don’t need another protecting me from my own stupidity, they imply as much. 
this was the whole reason for having adjustable weights on back of their irons. Also, they say that once the weights have been changed, they are locked down and can’t be altered again. WTF?

As a consumer you have the all the power….if you don’t like what they are selling or how the are providing service you don’t have to purchase their product. If they are not meeting market demands they will not survive. 

• Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - New Level 902 PD 6-PW & AW Elevate MPH 95 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

If I understand correctly, you were dissatisfied with the shaft length and swingweight in the finished clubs.

I didn't notice any language in your post indicating the clubs you received differed in make up than the order you placed. You blame the problem on the club fitter hurrying the fitting but ultimately you placed the order.  In other words, your placement of the order indicates you approved the specifications of the clubs you received. 

PXG will alter the clubs to your liking but you have to pay shipping and a $50 alteration fee. 

If the preceding summary is factually correct, the "problem" lies with you; don't order stuff that doesn't meet your needs.

On the other hand, if PXG did not manufacture the clubs to the specifications on the order sheet, then your dissatisfaction is well founded. 

Further, if you have a problem with shaft length, if it's anything other than a minor cut to the butt, charging you only $50 to swap out shafts is accommodating you, the customer, in a generous way. 

• Like 1

"Get dressed Spaulding, you're playing golf today."
" No I'm not Grandpa, I'm playing tennis."
 "No, you're playing golf and you're going to like it."

I have a set of 0211DC irons I ordered at the rock bottom price of $89 a club.  Not only did the woman that took my phone order take her time with me, I requested a certain swing weight and she said it would be noted and they would get them as close as possible.  It was explained to me with an 86 gram graphite shaft the exact swing weight may not be attainable but they'd get them as close as they could.  Even on a discounted item she walked me through the process, explained everything and did the best they could to reach my requested swing weight.  Also requested a certain number of grip tape wraps and that wasn't a problem either.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SwingMan said:

But for decades, Ping cast their club in the USA and they did not have "hot spots."

Since PXG designers are former Ping guys, they have good clubs, the current ones get excellent reviews. But CS seems an issue.

Exactly.  My post was to MGOBlue1983 regarding his comment about PXG not offering forged irons or MB irons.  I have no doubt their clubs are good.

Ping CS is top notch.  They also build clubs to spec in regards to swingweight, length, loft, and lie. I have nothing bad to say about Ping ever.